firstblast

quality posts: 1 Private Messages firstblast
marktendler wrote:(Number of the beast) / (A "Nelson") woot.com/offers/689d4172d0114e0b8330ed4458c2dc8e

im sure its gone but what was A "nelson"???

Random Crap - 01/31/2007 04/01/2007 07/12/2007 12/15/2007 02/15/2008 7/12/2008

macapple

quality posts: 0 Private Messages macapple
firstblast wrote:111

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nelson_(cricket)

annwat

quality posts: 5 Private Messages annwat
macapple wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nelson_(cricket)

ha! i was stuck on wrestling - quarter nelson, half nelson and three quarter nelson.

lateli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lateli

Life no longer ruined! Got the absolute napoleon one!

There's still more as of posting this, gogo!

clcldavis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clcldavis

The answer to this question was solved years ago. No math is necessary, it's already been done by a super computer that took many millennium to compute. And the answer is 42.

MarzieO

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MarzieO

Did the math correctly, but I keep getting a 404 message-page not found. And yes, I used the link from the blog....going back to bed now, as my odds of scoring a Board of Circuits are even worse than usual, apparently

Herding Cats and takin' names, every day...

violasinger

quality posts: 1 Private Messages violasinger

I keep getting the same 404 message, with correct answers. hmmm...at least I'm brushing up on my random trivia...

kcostell

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kcostell

Couldn't get the absolute Napoleon one to work out correctly, until I finally gave up on it.

Fortunately by that point there was another one posted, and fate (and sports-reference.com) smiled down on me that time around

thundrnet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thundrnet

Beware that the URL in the clues appears to be getting cut off.

lateli

MarzieO wrote:Did the math correctly, but I keep getting a 404 message-page not found. And yes, I used the link from the blog....going back to bed now, as my odds of scoring a Board of Circuits are even worse than usual, apparently

Are you using the blog link or the details link? The details link is shorter than it should be, the blog link supposedly has the full one. Personally I would just bring up the page source and find the question, the link in there is full for sure.

Question for all you conundrum conundrees, did anyone get the AKC / Vishnu / Game of Thrones one? I still can't figure that one out.

lateli

kcostell wrote:Couldn't get the absolute Napoleon one to work out correctly, until I finally gave up on it.

Fortunately by that point there was another one posted, and fate (and sports-reference.com) smiled down on me that time around

Grats! Absolute Napoleon is gone but the math was (-460 + 1808)*(10000-2525)

kcostell

Doh...guess I should have rounded the absolute zero instead of trying to miraculously get the decimal to work out.

lateli

An added boost of encouragement for those who feel like they can't do it quick enough. The one that was just put up, territories and such, didn't sell out for over 10 minutes. There's hope, keep at it!

thundrnet

Woo, I got the Onkyo one!

everwondering

quality posts: 0 Private Messages everwondering

So not fair. Sold out while I was checking out. Argh.

thundrnet

everwondering wrote:So not fair. Sold out while I was checking out. Argh.

Sorry

If it's of any consolation, each time someone wins, your chances should get better. Good luck next time :D

everwondering

quality posts: 0 Private Messages everwondering

I know. This latest one makes #3 that sold out while I was checking out though. Oh well.

msumdragon17

quality posts: 1 Private Messages msumdragon17

Victory! Thanks cats... appropriate, as my cat sits and stares at me at this very moment

stevedziembowski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevedziembowski

nothing like the great feeling that comes with losing at something OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER again

ceagee

quality posts: 63 Private Messages ceagee

I finally got to one. I kept getting server errors. But it sold out : (

Have they all been solved or have any been skipped ?

thundrnet

What is this 'Board of Circuits' people keep referencing? Is that what is in the Bag o' Crap?

miniskunk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages miniskunk

I can't find a calculator that doesn't over flow on the current Cats themed formula

ceagee

thundrnet wrote:What is this 'Board of Circuits' people keep referencing? Is that what is in the Bag o' Crap?

Board Of Circuits =
Bag o Crap

lateli

ceagee wrote:I finally got to one. I kept getting server errors. But it sold out : (

Have they all been solved or have any been skipped ?

I'd like to know this as well. My hunch is they're all sold out, but that's only because some have had some wrong wrong wrong wrong numbers in them and people still managed to get to the crapsies.

miniskunk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages miniskunk

I found one that goes enough digits but it still isn't coming out right. I checked more than one source for the performances on Broadway raised to cats lives and no dice.

kcostell

I'm curious about the answer to the Lord of the Rings one. Has that one been found, and if so how did it work (I was expecting the answer to be 2968*1368=4060224, but that wasn't it)?

GDragonSage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GDragonSage

So can you only win once? I managed to get one a few back (the territories, presidents, and monarchs one), and I've been doing the few since then just for fun. They've all been sold out by the time I get them, but I'm curious if I'd even be able to tell if I got there before they sold out.

GDragonSage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GDragonSage
miniskunk wrote:I found one that goes enough digits but it still isn't coming out right. I checked more than one source for the performances on Broadway raised to cats lives and no dice.

The Cats one was multiplicative, not exponential. Someone else said something about it, so maybe they goofed and then edited to correct it? Anyway, it was 7485*9=67365. It is, of course, long since sold out.

kcostell

You can still see the order button, but if you try and order your order will be canceled on you (and I wouldn't be surprised if they canceled your original bag as well if you tried to pull something like that).

naux

quality posts: 0 Private Messages naux

I have solved 2 new ones but I was not fast enough. There are some smart people out there!!!

lateli

kcostell wrote:I'm curious about the answer to the Lord of the Rings one. Has that one been found, and if so how did it work (I was expecting the answer to be 2968*1368=4060224, but that wasn't it)?

This is another one I couldn't solve. I found the same numbers so either we're bad at nerd, misreading something, or wootgoofed. No one had any comments on the item about it either, that might actually be one that isn't sold out..

Stelvask

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stelvask

Hmm... I tried to do the french author one, and I got it in within the first few seconds, but it took me to a 404 error page. Does that mean I was incorrect? or does it mean that I just wasn't fast enough?

lateli

Stelvask wrote:Hmm... I tried to do the french author one, and I got it in within the first few seconds, but it took me to a 404 error page. Does that mean I was incorrect? or does it mean that I just wasn't fast enough?

404 means incorrect. The pages will stay up after they sell out.

ceagee

crap. finally got to another bag and it was gone. I need sleep.
I'm going to be cranky all day and it's woot's fault !

naux

quality posts: 0 Private Messages naux

well that sucks. I got that last one SOOO fast but I guess the link they show o the details of the product page isn't the whole link and I was putting it in wrong. I was on fire too! :/

kcostell

The links in the product page are sometimes cut off. A safer bet is to copy the link from the blog page

Linad

quality posts: 20 Private Messages Linad

Goodmorning everyone! So excited to see another puzzle crapshoot! Luckily for me, my math is terrible and I do not plan on torturing myself for the many hours I did last time for the crapword. I'm still bragging about my last arrival anyway :p

Good luck everyone! I'll check up on you occasionally and make sure everyone is holding onto their sanity!

tugnutt831

quality posts: 5 Private Messages tugnutt831

Hooray, scored the iPad Board of Circuits

Basket of Cranberries Count to Date: 18

reegs414

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reegs414

What's in them?

carol2bs1grl

quality posts: 7 Private Messages carol2bs1grl
tugnutt831 wrote:Hooray, scored the iPad Board of Circuits

Please tell me it's sold out so I can stop trying to find the stupid correct answer, lol

[urlhttp://imagecache.w00t.com/?url=http://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/b5502c28-f049-480e-a59b-f63eded1a6a7.png[/url]