reegs414

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reegs414
carol2bs1grl wrote:Please tell me it's sold out so I can stop trying to find the stupid correct answer, lol

It's gone...

carol2bs1grl

quality posts: 7 Private Messages carol2bs1grl
reegs414 wrote:It's gone...

Thank you! What was the answer anyway?

tugnutt831

quality posts: 5 Private Messages tugnutt831
carol2bs1grl wrote:Thank you! What was the answer anyway?

66/6*44

Basket of Cranberries Count to Date: 18

Linad

quality posts: 20 Private Messages Linad

either I'm worse at this than I thought... Or people are winning very quickly and not talking about it!

carol2bs1grl

quality posts: 7 Private Messages carol2bs1grl
Linad wrote:either I'm worse at this than I thought... Or people are winning very quickly and not talking about it!

I'm definitely worse at this than I thought I would be, lol. Good thing I'm leaving to go to the waterpark with my family for the day so that I can stop obsessing over it!

Linad

carol2bs1grl wrote:I'm definitely worse at this than I thought I would be, lol. Good thing I'm leaving to go to the waterpark with my family for the day so that I can stop obsessing over it!

I promised myself I wouldn't get involved this time...I'm so weak ='(

Linad

((Paraguayan drinking age) + (Number of Woot's "Real Actual Field Tests" videos)) * (Mexican states) ^ 2

((20)+(26)) * (31) ^ 2 = 44,206

What did I do wrong???

sefrank84

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sefrank84
Linad wrote:((Paraguayan drinking age) + (Number of Woot's "Real Actual Field Tests" videos)) * (Mexican states) ^ 2

What did I do wrong???

Not sure, that's what I came up with too...

olcubmaster

quality posts: 29 Private Messages olcubmaster
Linad wrote:((Paraguayan drinking age) + (Number of Woot's "Real Actual Field Tests" videos)) * (Mexican states) ^ 2

What did I do wrong???

Heck - I can't even remember what the ^ stands for.

Then again, I went to Wheaton High School. We may not have learned math but we could hot wire your car.

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

kriste

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kriste

What did I do wrong???

What does the ^ mean in math?

reegs414

((20) + (27)) * (31) ^ 2 = 45167

pz@woot

quality posts: 7 Private Messages pz@woot
sefrank84 wrote:Not sure, that's what I came up with too...

How did you arrive at 26 videos? When people get it wrong it's not usually a math issue.

Signature oh signature, cannot think
of something clever...

sefrank84

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sefrank84

From the YouTube channel. Most recent one there was labelled 26.

wishlish

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wishlish

I'm unsure whether the ^2 applies to just the 31 or to the product.

adventuresofray.com

Roy33sakic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Roy33sakic

it's sold out now, but the answer was 45167 (20+27)*(31)^2

pz@woot

quality posts: 7 Private Messages pz@woot
kriste wrote:What does the ^ mean in math?

Not that everyone isn't happy to help here, but sometimes there's an easier way:
Try this

Signature oh signature, cannot think
of something clever...

Linad

Where is the community at? WAKE UP PEOPLE!

reegs414

So, what have people been getting in these Board of Circuits#39;s?

draigun

quality posts: 20 Private Messages draigun
reegs414 wrote:So, what have people been getting in these Board of Circuits#39;s?

Sold out quick, but for those looking:
(8 / 2) ^ 12 = 16777216

*Hijacking original post to say, this was probably one of the few chances for me. I actually knew the first two and only had to Google one. Tried to copy/paste and calculate value while also participating on a conference call for work. :x

mark0805

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mark0805

I dont get it...I think I have the solution but the page doesnt work? Is the answer
(8/2)^12?

acccar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acccar

Where do you post the answer?

draigun

quality posts: 20 Private Messages draigun
mark0805 wrote:I dont get it...I think I have the solution but the page doesnt work? Is the answer
(8/2)^12?

From the blog page:
http://www.woot.com/blog

Grab the full offer URL:
http://www.woot.com/offers/4edbc00f422147df9374268e8e3ce8d4

And tack your calculation to the end of it:
http://www.woot.com/offers/4edbc00f422147df9374268e8e3ce8d416777216

Wetbo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Wetbo
mark0805 wrote:I dont get it...I think I have the solution but the page doesnt work? Is the answer
(8/2)^12?

You have the right answer, their blog update says their URL got truncated on the actual woot page. The Blog post had the full URL. But alas it is sold out. yes it was 16777216

sdflash

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sdflash

Maybe its just me, but I like this new way of doing the Board of Circuits#39;s. I was lucky enough to get one so possibly I am a little jaded, LOL. The crossword one was cool, and this one is pretty awesome I think, it kind of levels the playing field, imho.

mark0805

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mark0805

75779?

wooting4keeps

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wooting4keeps
mark0805 wrote:75779?

• First Woot: 08/21/2012
  • First Barge Of Carp: 04/24/2013
  • Second Box of Chips: Coming soon.
  • Total Woots as of 6/19/2013: 47
  • Dollars spent: $2000+

pewpdawg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pewpdawg

Woops, I got it.

emasters

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emasters

I have tried several different numbers and not been able to find the page for the rambo one.

((8+4)*236)^2=8020224 is right isn't it?

wooting4keeps

emasters wrote:I have tried several different numbers and not been able to find the page for the rambo one.

(8 + 4)* (83) ^ 2

sdflash

emasters wrote:I have tried several different numbers and not been able to find the page for the rambo one.

Wikipedia is always pretty good for this type of minutia, but the Rambo one I found here http://voices.yahoo.com/how-many-people-were-killed-during-rambo-movies-3848194.html?cat=9

emasters

wooting4keeps wrote:82668

How did you get to that?
Did I math wrong or answer the questions wrong?

tracylee

quality posts: 5 Private Messages tracylee

http://www.eatliver.com/i.php?n=2770

But I missed the year part. That and they've added a taxonomic division since I was in college!

ElanorRigby

quality posts: 14 Private Messages ElanorRigby

I enjoy a good Box of Chips hunt as much as the next person, but seriously...

Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun...

sdflash

wooting4keeps wrote:(8 + 4)* (83) ^ 2

Order of Operations is important, remember the old thing you learned in school- Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally = Parenthses, Exponents, Multiply, Divide, Add, then Subtract.

cbweatherman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cbweatherman
sdflash wrote:Wikipedia is always pretty good for this type of minutia, but the Rambo one I found here http://voices.yahoo.com/how-many-people-were-killed-during-rambo-movies-3848194.html?cat=9

But this website http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/9975/new-rambo-has-biggest-body-count has 236 killed in the movie. The clue says killed in the movie, not killed by Rambo.

emasters

tracylee wrote:http://www.eatliver.com/i.php?n=2770

But I missed the year part. That and they've added a taxonomic division since I was in college!

I used that chart too- but why did the correct calculation use 83 instead of 236? It only specified people killed, not people killed by rambo and his shirt.

marceepauff

quality posts: 14 Private Messages marceepauff

Should've been 236 - total number of people killed. They didn't specify "by Rambo". That's pretty much not fair. (sad face)

Votes appreciated.

BelyndaG

quality posts: 15 Private Messages BelyndaG

I'm getting the answers (after much time so I would be missing the Board of Circuits anyway), but not the format of the URL. Earlier you just added the answer to the end of the URL, but that didn't work this time. The clue seems to indicate that it should be inserted into the middle of the URL, but that didn't work either. Would someone mind clueing me in here? Maybe I had some extra ///s or something.

emasters

marceepauff wrote:Should've been 236 - total number of people killed. They didn't specify "by Rambo".

Exactly. It's hard to get excited about this when they don't use any sort of precision. I never got a Board of Circuits in the old days, but at least I could justify that it was because I didn't check exactly at midnight instead of this garbage.

I like the idea of doing something like this, but it never works out as well as they plan.

wooting4keeps

emasters wrote:I used that chart too- but why did the correct calculation use 83 instead of 236? It only specified people killed, not people killed by rambo and his shirt.

Ah that's interesting, I didn't really notice that detail. The Yahoo page (mentioned above) where I also got the answer I thought was right says: "But the 2008 Rambo IV movie led all of the Rambo flicks with 83 total killed."

So, it says "total killed", I figured meant ...total killed. Not until later sentences does this article clarify "killed by Rambo."

Edit: I see now the earlier sentences are talking about number of people Rambo killed. My eyes just darted right to the sentence with the number in it, and out of context, since it says total, it sounds right!

Woot, re-do! Just send buckets of chapstick to everyone who had the other number...and me.