emasters


quality posts: 0 Private Messages emasters
BelyndaG wrote:I'm getting the answers (after much time so I would be missing the Board of Circuits anyway), but not the format of the URL. Earlier you just added the answer to the end of the URL, but that didn't work this time. The clue seems to indicate that it should be inserted into the middle of the URL, but that didn't work either. Would someone mind clueing me in here? Maybe I had some extra ///s or something.



I did that at first too. The answer for the last one was (apparently) 82668 so the url is:
http://www.woot.com/offers/819a707f2e384f16a24a1552077da50a82668

you just append the answer to the end of the string, no /.

cycokiller


quality posts: 6 Private Messages cycokiller

Well this looks like it should be fun. I guess I'll have to put off some of that programming I was going to do today until tomorrow.

It's a good thing I've moved my desk over into the corner since the Crapword Puzzle. Maybe I won't get so many strange looks from folks walking by wondering what I'm doing all day.

4F682120446F6E277420746F756368206D652074686572652100

kraub


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kraub

Does the answer go http://www.woot.com/offers/XXXXXXXXX128 at the very end like the example page

or

http://www.woot.com/ANSWER/XXXXXXX


**Next if it involves a decimal how many numbers do you includes?

Thanks.

thurmanite


quality posts: 4 Private Messages thurmanite
ElanorRigby wrote:I enjoy a good Box of Chips hunt as much as the next person, but seriously...



Do you have time for this?

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

BelyndaG


quality posts: 22 Private Messages BelyndaG

Good Lord! I'm not even gonna TRY this one!

zolttt


quality posts: 12 Private Messages zolttt
kraub wrote:Does the answer go http://www.woot.com/offers/XXXXXXXXX128 at the very end like the example page

or

http://www.woot.com/ANSWER/XXXXXXX


**Next if it involves a decimal how many numbers do you includes?

Thanks.



If you go to the blog page, instead of the item page... for example go to the blog link and you will see this next to the photo.

(Unique Presidents whose last names would have a Scrabble score of 15 or higher, assuming no scoring specials, and if they were legal to play, which they aren't)^4 + (Osmonds performing on "Puppy Love") /offers/d1c1756c1fe44ee99221a76a9bc3eb91

the link for this one would be

http://www.woot.com/offers/d1c1756c1fe44ee99221a76a9bc3eb91 + the answer

which would be the number, in the one that was just posted it was 10005 ( I know because I got one and am sharing due to it being sold out )

so the end result of the link would be http://www.woot.com/offers/d1c1756c1fe44ee99221a76a9bc3eb9110005

I ruined my signature with poor cut and paste skills

skemmis


quality posts: 18 Private Messages skemmis

Staff

We messed up on that Rambo one, guys. Should have specified that it was people killed by RAMBO, not killed total. I've PMed the first two folks who corrected us with crappy URLs. Thanks for your diligence!

MVFD


quality posts: 0 Private Messages MVFD

Are they giving out like three Board of Circuits#39;s? Pennsylvania & South Carolina are the only states that got any...

cycokiller


quality posts: 6 Private Messages cycokiller

Crikey! This one might be too tough for me to do any good.. I can do trivia stuff pretty well, but then the math might get me!

I was close on that last one, but I had one number wrong so I never would have gotten it anyway

4F682120446F6E277420746F756368206D652074686572652100

kraub


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kraub
zolttt wrote:If you go to the blog page, instead of the item page... for example go to the blog link and you will see this next to the photo.

(Unique Presidents whose last names would have a Scrabble score of 15 or higher, assuming no scoring specials, and if they were legal to play, which they aren't)^4 + (Osmonds performing on "Puppy Love") /offers/d1c1756c1fe44ee99221a76a9bc3eb91

the link for this one would be

http://www.woot.com/offers/d1c1756c1fe44ee99221a76a9bc3eb91 + the answer

which would be the number, in the one that was just posted it was 10005 ( I know because I got one and am sharing due to it being sold out )

so the end result of the link would be http://www.woot.com/offers/d1c1756c1fe44ee99221a76a9bc3eb9110005



Thanks you very much!! Congrats on your Box of Chips

cycokiller


quality posts: 6 Private Messages cycokiller

Haha.. on the last one I did 15590 & 15596. Sheesh.. circled right around it.

4F682120446F6E277420746F756368206D652074686572652100

marceepauff


quality posts: 18 Private Messages marceepauff
cycokiller wrote:Haha.. on the last one I did 15590 & 15596. Sheesh.. circled right around it.



Should've been 15596. Abomb was technically an original member.

StrykerNinja


quality posts: 0 Private Messages StrykerNinja
marceepauff wrote:Should've been 15596. Abomb was technically an original member.



I got 15592, but was too late

mollusc


quality posts: 1 Private Messages mollusc

Originally, The Avengers were two -- David Keel and John Steed. But even after David Keel wasn't part of it any more you still only had Steed and his assistant at the time (Cathy Gale, Emma Peel, etc).

(TV series 1961, comic 1963. Which one is the original?)

marceepauff


quality posts: 18 Private Messages marceepauff
mollusc wrote:Originally, The Avengers were two -- David Keel and John Steed. But even after David Keel wasn't part of it any more you still only had Steed and his assistant at the time (Cathy Gale, Emma Peel, etc).

(TV series 1961, comic 1963. Which one is the original?)



Too true, fair question. I went with comics (6 original members) but woot went with comics (5 original members). I guess these questions, along with being mathtastic, are also open to interpretation.

MojoFilter


quality posts: 0 Private Messages MojoFilter

Apparently there were 4 original defenders? I thought it was just the three.

brickfrenzy


quality posts: 3 Private Messages brickfrenzy
StrykerNinja wrote:I got 15592, but was too late



Ditto. I'm pretty sure I'll never get a Board of Circuits but at least it's fun to try.

cycokiller


quality posts: 6 Private Messages cycokiller
marceepauff wrote:Should've been 15596. Abomb was technically an original member.



I think A-Bomb just worked with the Avengers on some missions.. I don't think he was an official member.

4F682120446F6E277420746F756368206D652074686572652100

MojoFilter


quality posts: 0 Private Messages MojoFilter
cycokiller wrote:I think A-Bomb just worked with the Avengers on some missions.. I don't think he was an official member.



He was more in charge of the teen league of white kids who have telegraphs or whatever it was called.

helzerr


quality posts: 0 Private Messages helzerr
mollusc wrote:Originally, The Avengers were two -- David Keel and John Steed. But even after David Keel wasn't part of it any more you still only had Steed and his assistant at the time (Cathy Gale, Emma Peel, etc).

(TV series 1961, comic 1963. Which one is the original?)



(Iron Man, Ant-Man, Wasp, Thor, Hulk * Doctor Strange, Hulk, Namor, Silver Surfer) If you don't count Silver Surfer you don't get the right answer...

marceepauff


quality posts: 18 Private Messages marceepauff
MojoFilter wrote:He was more in charge of the teen league of white kids who have telegraphs or whatever it was called.



Marvel's wikia counts him in the list of founding members:
http://marvel.wikia.com/List_of_Avengers_members

kcostell


quality posts: 8 Private Messages kcostell

It would be nifty if Woot posted answers/quick explanations for the ones that have already been solved...I'm still trying to figure out the Lord of the Rings one I posted about last night!

StrykerNinja


quality posts: 0 Private Messages StrykerNinja
kcostell wrote:It would be nifty if Woot posted answers/quick explanations for the ones that have already been solved...I'm still trying to figure out the Lord of the Rings one I posted about last night!


((Original Avengers) * (Original Defenders)) + ((Age of the great Steve McQueen at death) * (Age of Albert Camus at death)) + ((Cy Young's career losses) * (Only number retired by every MLB team))
/offers/e9fee021b67346fc8096ecad0c22

((5) * (4)) + ((50) * (46)) + ((316) * (42))
20 + 2300 + 13272
15592

www.woot.com/offers/e9fee021b67346fc8096ecad0c225cec15592

cycokiller


quality posts: 6 Private Messages cycokiller
marceepauff wrote:Marvel's wikia counts him in the list of founding members:
http://marvel.wikia.com/List_of_Avengers_members



Ah, yeah I saw that one too.. sadly, he was just an "Honorary Member"

4F682120446F6E277420746F756368206D652074686572652100

cycokiller


quality posts: 6 Private Messages cycokiller

What? Pretty sure I got it and it says page not found

4F682120446F6E277420746F756368206D652074686572652100

Linad


quality posts: 20 Private Messages Linad

660 and its sold out =(
the first time I actually get the math right haha

woot.com/offers/eb8c208e8d6c4b12aadddade799e5ce3660

thomassonwe


quality posts: 1 Private Messages thomassonwe

Shouldn't this be 11*10*5 = 550? The URL isn't working.

barkwoot


quality posts: 186 Private Messages barkwoot
thomassonwe wrote:Shouldn't this be 11*10*5 = 550? The URL isn't working.



That's what I was thinking...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Twelve_Days_of_Christmas_(song)

Wikipedia lists 12 Lords a-leaping as a variation.


MojoFilter


quality posts: 0 Private Messages MojoFilter
Linad wrote:660 and its sold out =(
the first time I actually get the math right haha

woot.com/offers/eb8c208e8d6c4b12aadddade799e5ce3660



Where do you get 660 from?

Linad


quality posts: 20 Private Messages Linad

I feel I had an unfair Jewish disadvantage. Had to google the song to find out how many pipers were piping, how many Lords were leaping and how many golden rings =P

Linad


quality posts: 20 Private Messages Linad
MojoFilter wrote:Where do you get 660 from?



11 * 12 * 5

MojoFilter


quality posts: 0 Private Messages MojoFilter
Linad wrote:I feel I had an unfair Jewish disadvantage. Had to google the song to find out how many pipers were piping, how many Lords were leaping and how many golden rings =P



You're saying it's not 11 pipers, 10 lords, and 5 rings?

BelyndaG


quality posts: 22 Private Messages BelyndaG
barkwoot wrote:That's what I was thinking...



Well, at least it's not just me.

emasters


quality posts: 0 Private Messages emasters
MojoFilter wrote:You're saying it's not 11 pipers, 10 lords, and 5 rings?



Cool, two in a row!

everwondering


quality posts: 0 Private Messages everwondering
BelyndaG wrote:Well, at least it's not just me.


Not just you at all.

I thought there were 12 drummers, 11 pipers, 10 lords... 5 rings.

BelyndaG


quality posts: 22 Private Messages BelyndaG
everwondering wrote:Not just you at all.

I thought there were 12 drummers, 11 pipers, 10 lords... 5 rings.



That's exactly how I learned it! 660 is wrong! It should be 550!

wooting4keeps


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wooting4keeps

Am I going nuts? How do you get 660?


On the twelfth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me..
12 Drummers Drumming
11 Pipers Piping
10 Lords-a-Leaping
9 Ladies Dancing
8 Maids-a-Milking
7 Swans-a-Swimming
6 Geese-a-Laying
5 Gold Rings
4 Colly Birds
3 French Hens[7]
2 Turtle Doves
And a Partridge in a Pear Tree.

Hahah, alternative version! Damn! I mean crap!

From wiki:

"The text of the earliest printed version in English (as reproduced in the Iona and Peter Opies' The Oxford Dictionary of Nursery Rhymes),[1] is as follows:
The twelfth day of Christmas, | My true love sent to me | Twelve lords a-leaping, | Eleven pipers piping, | Ten ladies dancing, | Nine drummers drumming, | Eight maids a-milking, | Seven swans a-swimming, | Six geese a-laying, | Five gold rings, | Four colly birds, | Three French hens, | Two turtle doves, and | A partridge in a pear tree."


  • First Woot: 08/21/2012
  • First Barge Of Carp: 04/24/2013
  • Second Box of Chips: Coming soon.
  • Total Woots as of 6/19/2013: 47
  • Dollars spent: $2000+

emasters


quality posts: 0 Private Messages emasters
everwondering wrote:Not just you at all.

I thought there were 12 drummers, 11 pipers, 10 lords... 5 rings.



I just want to bow out completely, disqualify myself and volunteer to fact-check these questions. It would be a better use of my time if I could save even one person the frustration of getting the "wrong" correct answer.

StrykerNinja


quality posts: 0 Private Messages StrykerNinja
wooting4keeps wrote:Am I going nuts? How do you get 660?


On the twelfth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me..
12 Drummers Drumming
11 Pipers Piping
10 Lords-a-Leaping
9 Ladies Dancing
8 Maids-a-Milking
7 Swans-a-Swimming
6 Geese-a-Laying
5 Gold Rings
4 Colly Birds
3 French Hens[7]
2 Turtle Doves
And a Partridge in a Pear Tree.



There are many variations, I guess woot found one where it was 12 lords, so 11 * 12 * 5, but I tried both, then realized chrome was cutting off 3 numbers of the url...

cycokiller


quality posts: 6 Private Messages cycokiller

Where did the "1 ring to rule them all part come in"? That explains the 660, I just don't understand where it was on the page or whatever...

4F682120446F6E277420746F756368206D652074686572652100