zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

lichme

quality posts: 2772 Private Messages lichme

Item: Philips 3D Blu-ray Player with Wi-Fi
Price: $39.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: Refurbished

Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
5/21/2013 - $39.99 (Woot-off) - 27 comment(s)
4/11/2013 - $39.99 - 43 comment(s)

5/13/2013 - $40.00 (Woot Plus)

draigun

quality posts: 22 Private Messages draigun

That one went fast.

Roy33sakic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Roy33sakic

Haha, yeah it did. Oh well.

pjhaan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pjhaan

Figured it out but it was already gone...boo!!!

link12245

quality posts: 1 Private Messages link12245
Roy33sakic wrote:Haha, yeah it did. Oh well.

Damn it, I had it but the url cut off again. This is getting NeXT, I'm done playing the game.

reegs414

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reegs414

What's in the bags?

draigun

reegs414 wrote:What's in the bags?

Crap.

parrotice

quality posts: 6 Private Messages parrotice
reegs414 wrote:What's in the bags?

Crap.

I can see there's no reason for me to play this time. The clues are so obscure (or video-game geared) that it will take me way too long to get the answer in order to grab one of 2 bags offered.

Where's the crap?

TheAndrew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheAndrew

Dang IT!

bigbrother0074

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigbrother0074

Do you get the "Hmm... we can't find that" page when it's gone?

reegs414

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reegs414
bigbrother0074 wrote:Do you get the "Hmm... we can't find that" page when it's gone?

no, you get the normal page for it. it just says "sold out" though

mightykc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mightykc
bigbrother0074 wrote:Do you get the "Hmm... we can't find that" page when it's gone?

No you should get a sold out page if its gone. Thats what I got anyway

Craig234

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Craig234

So any comments about the *DVR*?

dernst_ca1

quality posts: 37 Private Messages dernst_ca1
parrotice wrote:Crap.

I can see there's no reason for me to play this time. The clues are so obscure (or video-game geared) that it will take me way too long to get the answer in order to grab one of 2 bags offered.

Exactly, this new way of dangling crap puts woot down on a level with tanga.com or fruper who were so desperate to try to match the awesome as of the RANDOM krapp woot used to offer that they tried to concoct games around scoring mystery boxes.. Both failed because people preferred the spontaneity of RANDOM krapp offerings... Now woot is desperately trying to recover some of the awesomeness of old but will never be able to achieve..

-JMHSRV

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

bostonwhaler

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bostonwhaler

Anyone have any comments on this actual product?

I'm interested, but the reviews for it online are all over the place.

foodguru

quality posts: 2 Private Messages foodguru

Ok, so just for laughs, what was the answer?

brndnstffrd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brndnstffrd
bostonwhaler wrote:Anyone have any comments on this actual product?

Same here.

Im tempted to just spend the $40 and order it anyway.

olcubmaster

quality posts: 30 Private Messages olcubmaster

I guess it depends on your needs and budget. A new in the box major brand Blu Ray without 3D will run you about $70. One with 3D is about $90.

So - yep it's a nice low price refurb unit but as a generalization, expect sloooow loading time.

If you'd like to see the woot! discussion board when this was up in April click HERE

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

draigun

foodguru wrote:Ok, so just for laughs, what was the answer?

For answers and stuff, you're likely better off in the blog post.

czwewt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages czwewt

Mine just arrived about a week ago from the sale a few weeks back. So far so good. I haven't tested all the built in stuff (netflix, usb reader, etc) but it plays blu ray and dvds great. It was replacing a player with no hdmi out so the picture quality is obviously much higher.

I was looking for a small player to fit under my monitor and so far so good.

dtairtime

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dtairtime
foodguru wrote:Ok, so just for laughs, what was the answer?

I second that request. For the life of me I thought it was "4^12.3" of course tacked onto the end of the www.woot..........

tommy030

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tommy030
dtairtime wrote:I second that request. For the life of me I thought it was "4^12.3" of course tacked onto the end of the www.woot..........

(8 / 2) ^ 12 = 16777216

woot.com/offers/4edbc00f422147df9374268e8e3ce8d416777216

bratib

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bratib
dernst_ca1 wrote:Exactly, this new way of dangling crap puts woot down on a level with tanga.com or fruper who were so desperate to try to match the awesome as of the RANDOM krapp woot used to offer that they tried to concoct games around scoring mystery boxes.. Both failed because people preferred the spontaneity of RANDOM krapp offerings... Now woot is desperately trying to recover some of the awesomeness of old but will never be able to achieve..

+2

draigun

dernst_ca1 wrote:Exactly, this new way of dangling crap puts woot down on a level with tanga.com or fruper who were so desperate to try to match the awesome as of the RANDOM krapp woot used to offer that they tried to concoct games around scoring mystery boxes.. Both failed because people preferred the spontaneity of RANDOM krapp offerings... Now woot is desperately trying to recover some of the awesomeness of old but will never be able to achieve..

To each their own. I think it finally adds a bit of excitement (and fairness) into getting the craps, rather than it being "random" and by that I mean "whoever can use a bot and/or wooters.us to instantly buy it for them or take them to the purchase page before anyone else."

divavindetta

quality posts: 0 Private Messages divavindetta

we just recently purchased this. we were disappointed in the shipping from the manufacturer but other than that it has worked great and has a great pic quality. however we have only owned it for about 2 weeks.

furiousporkchop

quality posts: 3 Private Messages furiousporkchop

I bought this a 2 or 3 weeks ago (same price). It's a terrific player. Plays all types of videos (MP4, MOV, AVI, MKV, etc) and even plays external subtitles (SRT). Haven't had a problem with it yet. I really love it.

plouis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages plouis

I want to puchase this item, the website has changed can somebody help me to purchase this before it run out please

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

plouis wrote:I want to puchase this item, the website has changed can somebody help me to purchase this before it run out please

Click Add to Cart. Then click on the cart to complete the check out process. You must complete the check out before the item sells out. It's the Woot-Off Race.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bec2791

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bec2791

We did not get a cable to hook it up to the TV or a manual. Where can I get these things?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 156 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

bec2791 wrote:We did not get a cable to hook it up to the TV or a manual. Where can I get these things?

Sorry to hear that you're missing an accessory with your order.
You can either contact Philips Customer Services and see if they can provide you with the missing piece.

If they're unable to help you, please feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know.
They'll be able to answer any questions you might have about your purchase.

gruegen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gruegen

If I was to give this a star rating, it would be 2 of 5 stars. It performs and plays a variety of video formats so for that, I gave it two stars. So... while the features work, the machine crashes frequently (becomes unresponsive to commands manually entered to the DVD player as well as from the remote). Also, the navigation functionality is garbage. Maybe I missed it but there is no page up, page down buttons on the remote. So, if you're scrolling through 200 movies on your MP4 video hard drive than you're going to go file by file. Lastly, when the DVD player does respond, the responsiveness is like that of a hungover college kid on a Sunday morning. You have to kick it to get it working.

Poor buy. Go with the Samsung (see my later reviews).