zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

lichme

quality posts: 2281 Private Messages lichme

Item: Yeti Pro USB & XLR Microphone
Price: $128.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Condition: Refurbished

Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
4/24/2013 - $128.99 (Woot-off) - 3 comment(s)

skail

quality posts: 1 Private Messages skail

It's in miles, and...

YES! My very first bucket of cod! :D

Buckets of Chum acquired on: 18JUN2013, 22AUG2013, 17FEB2014... and always seeking more!

bubbawoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bubbawoot

ARGGG... Curse me for doing it in metric first...makes a big difference lol

waferdog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages waferdog

It did not help to be specific.

dmaz

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dmaz

Just missed it...

white21dog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages white21dog

I can't believe I missed that one. I had the right answer, and yet it was still sold out by the time I got there. I can't believe many people solved it faster than I did.

Aniyoshi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Aniyoshi
bubbawoot wrote:ARGGG... Curse me for doing it in metric first...makes a big difference lol

Yeah, I did it in kilometers. I still don't understand the format for input into the URL though. Nobody was kind enough to explain the whole multiple Xs in the URL thing to me.

dernst_ca1

quality posts: 32 Private Messages dernst_ca1

the Straight is 18 to 25 miles wide.. woot used 21 miles

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

mrminime111

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrminime111

21 Miles Wide

Distance to moon - 238,900

11,376 Widths to the Moon.

woohoo I didnt make it in time, but thought i'd give the answer to the lazy.

Hope this isnt breaking any rules. Cheers

Daniel B
Ghostbuster for Hire.

link12245

quality posts: 1 Private Messages link12245

I don't get it...guess my internet is too slow. Had the answer within 15 seconds, but was sold out before I even loaded the page...this time I think I'm really out, no use with slow latency.

thedman1992

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thedman1992
dernst_ca1 wrote:the Straight is 18 to 25 miles wide.. woot used 21 miles

In their defense we were complaining about how wikipedia listed different information on the previous ones. 21 miles is right in the strait of dover article.

bigbrother0074

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigbrother0074

first time i get the URL right on the first time, and still too slow!

wootntitbenice

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wootntitbenice
Aniyoshi wrote:Yeah, I did it in kilometers. I still don't understand the format for input into the URL though. Nobody was kind enough to explain the whole multiple Xs in the URL thing to me.

Damn Metric System!

jlagraff

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jlagraff

This is a fantastic microphone, we got one in the last woot off and couldn't be happier with it. Two seperate circuit paths so whether you want a great USB mic or use the Xlr 1/4 " jack into an amp or sound system with phantom power, it will do what you want. Ours showed up looking like new.

For Mac users a cautionary note, when you plug in the USB to your Mac the gain level (in the Mac, not the mic) gets turned down by default. You'll have to dig into the utilities/midi/audio properties to turn it back up. Only quirk I can think of.

kjm16216

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kjm16216

21 mi. is the length of the strait, the width is 3.75 mi.
I call shenanigans.

mdheskett

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mdheskett
Aniyoshi wrote:Yeah, I did it in kilometers. I still don't understand the format for input into the URL though. Nobody was kind enough to explain the whole multiple Xs in the URL thing to me.

Let's say the URL bit given is something like /offers/12345, and the mathematical answer you solve for is 6789. Then the url you want to go to is www.woot.com/offers/123456789! At least, that's how I understood it. You just tack your answer on to the end of the given URL.

strauss1991

quality posts: 0 Private Messages strauss1991

I seemed to get close but I'm not sure I'm typing the URL in right. I did woot.com/offers/044654cb2cc14a67bc0088f132597611376 and it didn't work.

scarredwithstars

quality posts: 3 Private Messages scarredwithstars
dernst_ca1 wrote:the Straight is 18 to 25 miles wide.. woot used 21 miles

That is the route for cross-channel swimmers, according to wiki

scarredwithstars

quality posts: 3 Private Messages scarredwithstars
strauss1991 wrote:I seemed to get close but I'm not sure I'm typing the URL in right. I did woot.com/offers/044654cb2cc14a67bc0088f132597611376 and it didn't work.

http://www.woot.com/offers/044654cb2cc14a67bc0088f13259765211376

goodmayham

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goodmayham

1.it gives you the /offers/...
2. Use woot.com/offers/...
3. put your answer to the end of that
4. Pray/make sacrifices to your chosen God

parrotice

quality posts: 6 Private Messages parrotice

I actually got the right answer for this one, but for some reason, my link wouldnt work. Must have screwed up the copy/paste.

So many woots, so little time.

mdheskett

kjm16216 wrote:21 mi. is the length of the strait, the width is 3.75 mi.
I call shenanigans.

Yeah, I understood the width to be 3.75 miles as well. I have only interpreted one of these clues correctly today... and by "correctly" I mean in the same manner as the person who wrote them. Oh well.

yesimbrandon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yesimbrandon

It shouldn't matter if you do it in metric, in inches, in grains of salt, in avg tapeworm lengths.

At the end of the day the unit of measurement cancels out lol.

x UnitLength / y unitlength = x/y

strauss1991

quality posts: 0 Private Messages strauss1991
scarredwithstars wrote:http://www.woot.com/offers/044654cb2cc14a67bc0088f13259765211376

Wow, it seems as though my browser is cutting some of the numbers off they way they display the hint. Thank you.

mdrcoast

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mdrcoast

I am just happy I got the right answer. Yeah it was sold out but it is the little victories.....

Woodpecker

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Woodpecker
thedman1992 wrote:In their defense we were complaining about how wikipedia listed different information on the previous ones. 21 miles is right in the strait of dover article.

But they list it as 20.7 mi. I guess I needed to round UP before rounding down.

skail

quality posts: 1 Private Messages skail
mdheskett wrote:Yeah, I understood the width to be 3.75 miles as well. I have only interpreted one of these clues correctly today... and by "correctly" I mean in the same manner as the person who wrote them. Oh well.

In the wiki article, the number 3.75 was actually saying that the narrowest part was approximately 3.75 miles north of a given landmark. The actual crossing is over 20 miles, which is why it's such a challenge for swimmers to do it. 3.75 miles swimming, while certainly a good swim, is not particularly challenging.

Buckets of Chum acquired on: 18JUN2013, 22AUG2013, 17FEB2014... and always seeking more!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 503 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hey all. Could you do me a favor? Pretty please? With whip cream on top?

Could you post your Crapschmidt posts over in the World of Woot thread?

Reason is that Sam, the creator, is watching that thread for feedback and issues as they arise. He can't check every product thread and get his job done too. He has writing to do!

We'd appreciate your help. Plus, if there is a booboo in a clue, the first two people that report it in THAT thread, get a special Private Message from Sam. But only if you post in that thread.

So let's use the product threads for talking about the product and posting cute cat/dog pictures.

GO FASTER, SERVERS!

bubbawoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bubbawoot

Those X's are representing the numbers already in the url after the offer....It goes www.woot.com/offers/12345678

and then you tack on the numbers you found in the equation right next to those numbers so it would be like www.woot.com/offers/123456789999

Mancho

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Mancho
kjm16216 wrote:21 mi. is the length of the strait, the width is 3.75 mi.
I call shenanigans.

I thought the same as you, but we both misread the info. ... at a point 3.75 miles NE of Dover

bigbrother0074

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigbrother0074
yesimbrandon wrote:It shouldn't matter if you do it in metric, in inches, in grains of salt, in avg tapeworm lengths.

I bet it rounds differently, though.

Masterface7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Masterface7
yesimbrandon wrote:It shouldn't matter if you do it in metric, in inches, in grains of salt, in avg tapeworm lengths.

The problem is the given values of each aren't direct conversions of each other.
the strait on wikipedia is 21 Mi or 34 KM which are not 2 equal values.

mdheskett

skail wrote:In the wiki article, the number 3.75 was actually saying that the narrowest part was approximately 3.75 miles north of a given landmark. The actual crossing is over 20 miles, which is why it's such a challenge for swimmers to do it. 3.75 miles swimming, while certainly a good swim, is not particularly challenging.

Ahah! I see it now. I totally skipped over the word "from" in that sentence so I saw the 3.75 as a width, not the distance from the narrowest section. Thanks!