zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

lichme

quality posts: 2673 Private Messages lichme

Item: Samsung 16.1MP Digital Camera w/10x Opt
Price: $58.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: Refurbished

Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
5/21/2013 - $59.00 (Woot Plus)
4/29/2013 - $59.00 (Woot Plus)
3/21/2013 - $69.00 (Woot Plus)

egadog

quality posts: 3 Private Messages egadog

Holy scoobysnacks, victory is mine!

Ok Woot, I forgive you for botching the number of people slaughtered in the 2008 Rambo movie.

thaliasta

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thaliasta
egadog wrote:Holy scoobysnacks, victory is mine!

Ok Woot, I forgive you for botching the number of people slaughtered in the 2008 Rambo movie.

Congrats! I am apparently too slow again, haha.

Travisdoesmath

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Travisdoesmath
thaliasta wrote:Congrats! I am apparently too slow again, haha.

Gah!! I live down the street from Longman & Eagle, how did I not get the right answer??

Dman27

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Dman27

i got 55,2, and 3 whats wrong?

B a g of crap: 8.5 & still waiting for that letter!!!
Woots: 30
Shirt Woots: 8

~DMan27~

RavenBlack

quality posts: 1 Private Messages RavenBlack
egadog wrote:Holy scoobysnacks, victory is mine!

Well played. I already got one but am playing anyway to see if I could get a second - not this time!

(For people who are frustratedly still missing it, the answers were 40, 2 and 4.)

mandasdave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mandasdave
Dman27 wrote:i got 55,2, and 3 whats wrong?

yeah, i got the same... apparently the numbers are wrong somewhere...

BonoMan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages BonoMan

I go the right answer, but thanks to Woot's absolutely insufferable new interface - the 8 million freaking drop down menus kept foiling my attempts to get the mouse to the necessary areas.

Seriously. Please quit having it where if I hover the mouse ANYWHERE NEAR the top of the frame I get a million drop downs that just hover in your way. It's annoying.

BonoMan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages BonoMan
mandasdave wrote:yeah, i got the same... apparently the numbers are wrong somewhere...

40/2 to the power of 4

RavenBlack

Dman27 wrote:i got 55,2, and 3 whats wrong?

55 was the most expensive bourbon, not rye. And apparently the president thing was 4, not 3 or 2, who knows why the answers to that one are so messed up!

tommytom02

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tommytom02

FDR won 4 elections.

mandasdave wrote:yeah, i got the same... apparently the numbers are wrong somewhere...

Dman27

RavenBlack wrote:Well played. I already got one but am playing anyway to see if I could get a second - not this time!

(For people who are frustratedly still missing it, the answers were 40, 2 and 4.)

http://www.longmanandeagle.com/drink/whiskey/

on their menu it shows $55 for a couple of 2 oz drinks

~DMan27~

scusmariu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scusmariu

Is the Box of Chips even worth all this effort?

anyone want to share what crap they actually got?

aabbud

quality posts: 2 Private Messages aabbud

most expesive glass or rye = 40
ska label = 2
president FDR = 4

[40/2]^4 = 160000 , but sold out already :P

dashdasherton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dashdasherton

We had the correct answer quickly, but didn't know that I had to inspect the source code to get the full URL due to it hiding under the frame. Maybe next time!

theatergal17

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theatergal17

I think 55 was the most expensive bourbon. If you scroll down on their menu, there is a separate category for rye where the most expensive is 40.

Dman27

RavenBlack wrote:55 was the most expensive bourbon, not rye. And apparently the president thing was 4, not 3 or 2, who knows why the answers to that one are so messed up!

thank you! aha lol

~DMan27~

Travisdoesmath

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Travisdoesmath

Note to self: When entering a second answer, remove "errors/404?aspxerrorpath=" from the url.

gah.

cameronwt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cameronwt
RavenBlack wrote:Well played. I already got one but am playing anyway to see if I could get a second - not this time!

You can only get one. It says it in the details about this woot off. Even if you solve it twice they will cancel your second order, and that just takes away the chance at one for others.

marlinotk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages marlinotk

Ugh I had the right answer fast but missed the last 3 characters in the frame. Man that's NeXT.

Congrats all =)

RavenBlack

scusmariu wrote:Is the Box of Chips even worth all this effort?

anyone want to share what crap they actually got?

Probably not worth the effort - I've managed to get two bags of crap before, and there was nothing that great in them. They weren't a horrible shocking disaster either, for $8 I probably got approximately my money's worth. One of the bags was a laptop bag that's a pretty good fit for my laptop I got a year later, for example. There were a bunch of calculators, which I managed to turn into a running joke because someone else gave my sister in law a calculator as a fake gift before a proper nice gift, so for the next 4 gift occasions I was able to include a calculator with her gifts. There was a pretty nice mechanical pencil. Some sort of Sanyo cables that are basically useless for everyone ever. A bunch of "stress ball" squeezy giant pills, some of which were translated into stocking stuffers for christmas. Several of some sort of horrendous MP3 player dealy that would only play MP3s downloaded from their special site that does it kind of like a radio station except it pretty much never worked. I think there might have been one more normal mp3 player too.

It might be worth it for the fun of an exciting mystery gift, but it's almost certainly not worth it for the gift itself.

RavenBlack

cameronwt wrote:You can only get one. It says it in the details about this woot off. Even if you solve it twice they will cancel your second order, and that just takes away the chance at one for others.

Oh, yeah, I know, sorry I said it unclearly. I meant I'm just trying to see if I would have been able to win a different one. I'm not actually trying to do it, just seeing if I can get to the page before it says sold out.

egadog

quality posts: 3 Private Messages egadog
dashdasherton wrote:We had the correct answer quickly, but didn't know that I had to inspect the source code to get the full URL due to it hiding under the frame. Maybe next time!

I just double-click the unique code and copy/paste into the title bar, then add the derived number.

Actually for all my other previous attempts I had an Excel sheet open that would do the math, then concatenate that and the unique code into the woot url. Was always too slow looking up the stuff to put into the sheet for that to pay off though.

Still can't believe I made it on this one, didn't seem any faster than the other times. Maybe less competition as the hour grows longer/darker.

annarocks12357

quality posts: 0 Private Messages annarocks12357

the ^ is to the x power I kept getting it wrong too...

annarocks12357

quality posts: 0 Private Messages annarocks12357
theatergal17 wrote:I think 55 was the most expensive bourbon. If you scroll down on their menu, there is a separate category for rye where the most expensive is 40.

I almost got it wrong because I didn't see the word rye. of course the time I make it to the page I don't even get to click the button.