WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Razer Gaming Accessories

Fashion and video games are basically the same thing. We all agree on that, right? In fashion, you need accessories like watches and necklaces. In video games, you need accessories like keyboards and controllers. See, basically the same thing. It's a completely logical analogy. Now let's snap up some accessories!

daniel1232

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daniel1232

these are some great prices O.o

rom

quality posts: 54 Private Messages rom

Bought a Razer Naga Epic on Woot before and found out that the right-click microswitch wasn't soldered on!

First time that I had a problem on a refurbed Woot product

war6763

quality posts: 0 Private Messages war6763

I've bought a couple Razer accessories off Woot without issues. Just picked up a set of headphones for QuakeCon!

nlamh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nlamh

Those Deathadders got dddddevoured!!

kevinwangjiakan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevinwangjiakan

DeathAdder!

"Left-handed"????

wat

srblush

quality posts: 0 Private Messages srblush

Steer clear of the Razer Onza Xbox controllers they are junk! I bought one which had to be replaced, replacement died, and I bought 2 here hoping referbs may have actually been fixed and tested. Now I have 4 useless controllers. These things have been junk from the first and Razer hasn't seemed to want to fix the problem. I think I am done with Razer, there is a reason they have so many referbs to get rid of.

rmirasol

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rmirasol

how do you recondition a mouse pad? :D

nlamh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nlamh
rmirasol wrote:how do you recondition a mouse pad? :D

I think they just have to give that label as a technicality (e.g. someone returns it - boom - instantly considered 'reconditioned').

Jayrookie

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Jayrookie

I wish they had a battlefield 2 iphone 3 case :-\

anthonyisgood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anthonyisgood

I have purchased 4 reconditioned Razer accessories from Woot, and all of them have functioned fantastically: except the Onza. It is great for about three days, then the left analog stick craps out. I love the concept, and if it worked correctly I would use it as my sole xbox controller. Clearly there is a reason why someone sent this back to the manufacturer...

MasamuneShadow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MasamuneShadow

I've been trying to get a backup Lachesis for the past few months, but I they are always sold out by the time I get here. I wasn't even awake by the time they sold out.
I don't know what you people are doing with your Onzas to have them break, but I bought one a few months ago and it's still going strong. The mappable buttons are a little silly, and their addition have caused the other bumper buttons to become thinner. I just bound the mappable buttons to the bumpers. It's a decent work around.
So YMMV with the Onza, they aren't all busted!

-Till Next Time...

-Masamune_Shadow

nmchapma

quality posts: 23 Private Messages nmchapma

I bought a NAGA Epic Gaming mouse (refurb) about 6-8 months ago from Woot. I use it daily to work in microstation, (it's never been used for gaming) and I love it.

I'm not sure what I'll do when it goes, it's made my work faster and increased my productivity more than I ever thought a mouse could.

Bandrik

quality posts: 71 Private Messages Bandrik

Another reminder that the Lycosa keyboards aren't very good, but the Blackwidow ones are amazing.

k0ugs

quality posts: 6 Private Messages k0ugs
kevinwangjiakan wrote:DeathAdder!

"Left-handed"????

wat

might be in for one of those.. i always mouse lefty, no idea why as i'm righty every other way.

(>.<)\m/

kazzelock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kazzelock

Don't touch the Lycosa. It's a trash keyboard. I've gotten the one from woot and 2 RMAs from Razer, none have functioned properly.
For your own good, please stay away from the Lycosa!

HolyFlame

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HolyFlame

In for the chimaera wireless headset... Reviews seems really split about razer, keeping my fingers crossed!

cloakboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cloakboy

Like others, I bought the Razor Onza 360 controller... and later regretted it. I initially loved it for playing halo on my xbox, and my steam library on my pc using steam's Big Picture mode. However, after a month or 2 of use the left trigger started going off randomly when doing other things... For instance, at the start of a halo match I'd start sprinting to a vehicle and try to get in, but I'd end up throwing all my grenades at it (left trigger is grenades) and blowing it up instead. I started having to run into a corner when I'd spawn to avoid team killing people with nades. Kinda ruins any use it had for me. I've since continued to use it for PC games that support the 360 controller where the left trigger going off isn't a big deal (Tomb Raider, for example plays great with it).
Having said that, I will ONLY buy Razor mice for gaming on my PC/Laptop. I bought the Razor Diamondback for pc gaming in the summer of 2005... and I still use it today (summer 2013)! When I bought a laptop for gaming, I quickly purchased the Razor Orochi, which I absolutely LOVE for a mobile gaming mouse. Razor should stick to PC accessories.

thecamerone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thecamerone
srblush wrote:Steer clear of the Razer Onza Xbox controllers they are junk! I bought one which had to be replaced, replacement died, and I bought 2 here hoping referbs may have actually been fixed and tested. Now I have 4 useless controllers. These things have been junk from the first and Razer hasn't seemed to want to fix the problem. I think I am done with Razer, there is a reason they have so many referbs to get rid of.

Don't listen to the scare tactics of srblush.

I've purchased one Onza, and it's still perfectly fine a year later. Just used it last evening, actually.

Now if I could just get a single Death Adder for once...

thecamerone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thecamerone
kazzelock wrote:Don't touch the Lycosa. It's a trash keyboard. I've gotten the one from woot and 2 RMAs from Razer, none have functioned properly.
For your own good, please stay away from the Lycosa!

It's actually a great keyboard :D make sure you don't spill fluids on it! Yes, the key lettering will wear off on the most commonly used keys, but I've only noticed that on mine after years of use.

calicojack42

quality posts: 3 Private Messages calicojack42

I love all of the gear from Razer I've ever gotten- with the exception of the Lycosa. That is the world's worst gaming keyboard.

skabob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skabob

I recently got a refurb'ed DeathAdder left handed mouse off Woot, and have really liked it. I'm not a pro gamer, but it works great for the FPS stuff I have been doing.

I have a Razer Charcharias headset and Tarantula keyboard that I have used for years with no issues.

Good stuff.

skylerdavid

quality posts: 1 Private Messages skylerdavid

I wait all day to see a Death Adder show up on the woot off, and this comes up RIGHT after I go to bed.

Wake up, Death Adders (right-handed) are sold out.

Seriously!?

dernst_ca1

quality posts: 35 Private Messages dernst_ca1

You TT.. Just you

-JMHSRV

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

chimunga

quality posts: 7 Private Messages chimunga

What's the difference between "Factory reconditioned" and "refurbished." If I recall correctly, in the last Razer sale, they were refurbished.

chimunga

quality posts: 7 Private Messages chimunga

Side note: I got my Razer epic (new) from the 'Zon for 80 bucks on sale. Had it for about 5 months, and I love it.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 543 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dernst_ca1 wrote:You TT.. Just you

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

djp279

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djp279

I have the Kraken Headset... My roommate has the blackshark, we both recommend the Kraken. Its a great headset if you can get over the LOOK AT ME green... Good thing is you don't have to look at it while you wear it. Great sound quality, EXTREMELY comfortable and really isolates the outside noise.

corys78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages corys78

Right before this event started I ordered some off-brand backlit keyboard, and it arrived and the keys are not in the normal positions... stupid keyboard.
I'd buy a keyboard here but only the Anasi is backlit, and I don't MMO. Need more backlit keyboards, IMHO.

kazzelock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kazzelock
thecamerone wrote:It's actually a great keyboard :D make sure you don't spill fluids on it! Yes, the key lettering will wear off on the most commonly used keys, but I've only noticed that on mine after years of use.

You seem to be the fortunate exception. Please make sure you email Razer with your spillage advice, because I can only do so much damage to a DoA keyboard...

kmorgida

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmorgida
srblush wrote:Steer clear of the Razer Onza Xbox controllers they are junk! I bought one which had to be replaced, replacement died, and I bought 2 here hoping referbs may have actually been fixed and tested. Now I have 4 useless controllers. These things have been junk from the first and Razer hasn't seemed to want to fix the problem. I think I am done with Razer, there is a reason they have so many referbs to get rid of.

I bought two, one worked one didn't. Luck of the draw I guess. Mine works fantastically though, I'm really glad I bought it. For $25, you can't really do much better.

dredghill1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dredghill1
chimunga wrote:What's the difference between "Factory reconditioned" and "refurbished." If I recall correctly, in the last Razer sale, they were refurbished.

Here's EBay's Terms for it.
1) Factory Reconditioned/Reconditioned

Items such as computers, printers, cell phones, and industrial equipment are often leased by companies in order to acquire the machines they need at a lower cost. This is done by replacing worn components, chassis, and testing the product fully. Reconditioning has less to do with repair, than it does with replacing parts that commonly need to be updated. This can be done by two catagories of companies:
•Factory Authorized - This is where either the factory itself, or a certified outsource firm reconditions these products by company standards for resale.
•Reseller Recondition - This is where an items was been purchased from the original company and reconditioned in-house, but is not certified or trained by the original manufacturer.

2) Factory Refurbished/Refurbished

Every year, over $100 Billion worth of products are returned to big box retailers due to either blemish, or functionality issues. This is common with items such as computers, laptops, or other consumer electronics. This catagory of work has less to do with replacing worn out parts, and more to do with repairing a damaged items. These returned items are often sold to outside companies who take on the responsibility to resell them after repairing them. These company then refurbish the items by finding the problem with the item and repairing it and replacing worn parts. This can be done one of two ways:
•Factory Authorized/Certified Refurbishment - Some companies have technicians that are certified to repair of refurbish a product by the original manufacturer. This is most commonly found in the computer category. This means the item they sell has been repaired or refurbished by someone with specific knowledge of the product from the company itself.

srblush

MasamuneShadow wrote:I've been trying to get a backup Lachesis for the past few months, but I they are always sold out by the time I get here. I wasn't even awake by the time they sold out.
I don't know what you people are doing with your Onzas to have them break, but I bought one a few months ago and it's still going strong. The mappable buttons are a little silly, and their addition have caused the other bumper buttons to become thinner. I just bound the mappable buttons to the bumpers. It's a decent work around.
So YMMV with the Onza, they aren't all busted!

My experience with the Onza suggests that they are all busted. 4 out of 4 = 100% bust rate. They are great for the short time they work.

srblush

thecamerone wrote:Don't listen to the scare tactics of srblush.

I've purchased one Onza, and it's still perfectly fine a year later. Just used it last evening, actually.

Now if I could just get a single Death Adder for once...

Scare tactics? Is this a political debate? I bought 4 and all have failed with little use. They have a high failure rate. I love Razer for my PC and want the Onza to work. I have nothing to gain by scaring people. I am happy yours works so well, I wish they all would.

jamessumneriii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamessumneriii

Hi all—I hate to be dense but is there ANY consistency to whether a given Razer model is backlit in green or blue?

I see that the BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 is green-lit here, Amazon pictures show blue...does it change with the year or edition or...?

Thanks!

Blacksunshine420

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Blacksunshine420

Yeah baby!! how perfect is this timing?! I was looking for a new keyboard and wanted so much to get a Razer to go with my Razer mice that I've been using for so long.(Thanks Woot!!) My Lachesis was lonely. Now it will have a Deathstalker to go with it.
A shame they didn't have any of the Ultimate versions on discount.

It also would be nice to be able to use my Amazon store card for purchases here.

Blacksunshine420

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Blacksunshine420
skylerdavid wrote:I wait all day to see a Death Adder show up on the woot off, and this comes up RIGHT after I go to bed.

Wake up, Death Adders (right-handed) are sold out.

Seriously!?

Hey Bro. Go get yourself the mouse you deserve.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B004MR3QY4/sr=/qid=/ref=olp_tab_used?ie=UTF8&colid=&coliid=&condition=used&me=&qid=&seller=&sr=

kingpin202

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kingpin202

I own two Razer products, a used Razer Naga from a friend, and a Refurb Razer Onza controller that I bought off woot months ago...

A. The Naga is amazing. I love my mouse. Couldn't be happier. My friend gave it to me as he knew I was building a Power Desktop and it works perfectly for Diablo 3 or whatever other game I want to play...

B. As for the Onza, it's garabage. I was hesitant to buy one after reading such awful reviews, but I got one anyway. Figured, eh, 25 bucks... Took a month and half and the thumbstick broke on me... I did send it in, and even though it cost me to do so, Razer did send me a completely new controller. Must thank them for that... but honestly, more trouble than it's worth... get a cheap logitech for pc gaming and a regular xbox controller for your 360.

WilsonSports

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WilsonSports

Like others, 2/3 of my Onzas have left triggers that are screwed up. They won't hold down. It's like they are always rapid firing.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

WilsonSports wrote:Like others, 2/3 of my Onzas have left triggers that are screwed up. They won't hold down. It's like they are always rapid firing.

Sorry for the late reply and to hear that you're experiencing issues with your purchase.
We recommend that you contact Razer Support and see if they can help remedy the situation.

If they're unable to help you, please feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com