zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

lichme

quality posts: 3187 Private Messages lichme

Item: VIZIO 24" 1080p LED HDTV
Price: $129.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: Refurbished

Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
5/4/2013 - $129.99 - 33 comment(s)

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

elihl6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elihl6

man you guys are fast..

mibutterflywingz

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mibutterflywingz
elihl6 wrote:man you guys are fast..

seriously?! the only good thing i have going right now is my morphine drip

Jfreak623

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jfreak623

answer? apparently i suck at this game. i got 7^4+525,600

jwiv

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jwiv
Jfreak623 wrote:answer? apparently i suck at this game. i got 7^4+525,600

Close.

7^5+525600

abercrfootball

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abercrfootball
Jfreak623 wrote:answer? apparently i suck at this game. i got 7^4+525,600

http://www.woot.com/offers/57473a0751b64a4e90938a7c45cbc1c9542407

alrey

quality posts: 4 Private Messages alrey

Wonder how many other people this screwed up...

https://www.google.com/search?q=minutes+in+a+year&oq=minutes+in+a+year

EddieAngel333

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EddieAngel333

Wiring the Future! I GIVE UP

JUST PUT THE DAMN BAG O POOP UP FOR SALE LOL

theang

quality posts: 1 Private Messages theang

I accidentally ended up ordering two when their was a glitch with loading my cart. I really only want 1 - how can I fix this?

HALP!

divavindetta

quality posts: 0 Private Messages divavindetta
theang wrote:I accidentally ended up ordering two when their was a glitch with loading my cart. I really only want 1 - how can I fix this?

HALP!

you can ship it to me

FTBoomer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FTBoomer

How would these work as PC monitors? Might get 2 of them.

Thoughts?

• Dyson DC07 Cyclone Upright Vacuum Cleaner
  • Random Bag-O-Crap (3) (woot-off)
  • Creative Inspire T2900 2.1 Speaker Set (1)
  • Parker Station Critter Quartet (1 Quartet) (Wine.Woot.com)

cheapola

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheapola

Hmm... Nice to see that they are doing the Board of Circuits. Just got in on this woot-off... Don't really watch them anymore as it seems that woot has really gone down hill ever since amazon bought them. I enjoyed the woot-off's in the 'good ole days'.. The woot-off's today just suck.. Thanks for the times woot, but, I don't think I will be spending any money here ever again..

kortls01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kortls01

I can't get past the fact the stand has it sitting pitched back. Doesn't this annoy the heck out of someone who doesn't wall-mount it?

theang

quality posts: 1 Private Messages theang

I can't take less than $240 for 1 ;)

divavindetta wrote:you can ship it to me

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hey all. Could you do me a favor? Pretty please? With whip cream on top?

Could you post your Crapschmidt posts over in the World of Woot thread?

Reason is that Sam, the creator, is watching that thread for feedback and issues as they arise. He can't check every product thread and get his job done too. He has writing to do!

Plus, if there is a booboo in a clue, the first two people that report it in THAT thread, get a special Private Message from Sam. But only if you post in THAT thread.

So let's use the product threads for talking about the product and posting cute cat/dog pictures.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

kbajan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kbajan
theang wrote:I accidentally ended up ordering two when their was a glitch with loading my cart. I really only want 1 - how can I fix this?

HALP!

I thought that if it hadn't shipped yet, if you went to the "Stuff You Bought" link, you can potentially contact from there and fix it. I've not had to, but I thought I'd read that somewhere.

Knifemouth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Knifemouth

I'm delirious with panic... I just got one as I've been waiting with pained patience as I miss deal after deal... for an LED 1080P VIZIO only or better -good enuff fo my bro, good enuff for me...

Now I see NO TV talk at all. Holy bite my feet FootMan. Not a werd. I'm sweating bullets! Well: not really, I'm in CALIFORNIA...none o' dem here.

PANIC!!!! REGRET!!! ENNUI would be too kind.

ThunderThighs

Staff

HALP!

Email support@woot.com. Make the subject really obvious: PLEASE CANCEL!

Include your woot username and order number for faster service.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

bluemaple

quality posts: 77 Private Messages bluemaple

I saw this TV in a store, I can't speak to the picture quality since the video source the store used was shaky, but the design is really nice and clean.

The one shortcoming that was obvious - the stand did not appear to be adjustable and it sits at a slight upward angle. As if they intend you to put it on a table and sit at that table.

On the plus side, if you want it to do dual purpose TV-PC monitor duty, unlike many bigger 32 inch TV's, it has full 1920 x 1080 display resolution. And it has just about every common PC input port. (Edit: oops, no DVI port, but adapters for those are cheap on Newegg or Amazon).

EddieAngel333

WISH THEY WOULD DO A 3D TV OR MONITOR !

EddieAngel333

ThunderThighs wrote:Email support@woot.com. Make the subject really obvious: PLEASE CANCEL!

Include your woot username and order number for faster service.

HEY THUNDER HOW ARE YA !
GOOD TO SEE YA ! HOW ABOUT SOME 3D BABY

turkk001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages turkk001
cheapola wrote:Hmm... Nice to see that they are doing the Board of Circuits. Just got in on this woot-off... Don't really watch them anymore as it seems that woot has really gone down hill ever since amazon bought them. I enjoyed the woot-off's in the 'good ole days'.. The woot-off's today just suck.. Thanks for the times woot, but, I don't think I will be spending any money here ever again..

Especially considering you pay 5 bucks for shipping every time you buy something now. I got 2 items a few weeks back; since a lot of things have been selling out before I can even check out, I got the item and parts for it right away. Then I noticed there was another add-on that cost twice as much which I would have rather bought instead of the first one, and under normal circumstances I would have taken my time going through and would have chosen that one but like I said, I did end up not getting 4-5 items in the last 1-2 month(s) because I was too "slow" I guess, so I had purchased the first item right away.

To cut it short, I sent them an email 30-40 minutes after I made the purchase and asked if I could cancel the first one and get the second one, and the reply was "we can NOT change orders, they are being processed and bla bla bla bla". Yeah right, 2 in the morning, I am sure the items are processed, not to mention it took 2 weeks for the items to get here.

They actually told me to go ahead and return it once I get it and then get the new one (which would have already been sold out by then).

Another thing I noticed too is items sell out way too fast. And 2-3 days later, the same items are up for sale. Eventually they sell out again but then they appear on the "sellout" section.

Woot used to put whatever they had for sale up and Amazon instead seems to put low number of items and is forcing people to get them with the fear that they may sell out. You also have to hurry and rush into checking everything out or else the items will sell out by the time you can examine some other items to figure out whether you like them or not.

I hate Amazon's shipping policies as well in terms of how much stuff they use to pack items. I got a broom with a 5 foot handle and 2 one or two liter pool supplies. They shipped it to me in a 5x3x1 foot box. The broom was placed diagonally and there was probably 50 yards of the brown wrapping paper they use. That's like 2 trees right there to ship a 10 dollar broom. If any of us would have sent a package that big through USPS, UPS or Fedex, it would have cost us at least 30-40 bucks for an oversized item like that.

Plus Amazon just clears out it's own inventories through woot it seems. They no longer have items you may call "awesome" compared to how many they used to have. Selling 100 dollar knives for 75 bucks is not a deal imo, and half the stuff up here sells for same prices through Amazon's merchants.

I was upset I missed the plant growth kit they had a few weeks back with the ballast and everything. Then they had it again last week with prices ranging somewhere from 90 to 120's (right around there, may be 5-10 more or less). Then the bulbs cost 29 bucks or something, and the units to attach the bulbs with the reflectors cost as high as 120 for the XXL and about 70-90 for the others. So basically if you got one full kit's worth of items (1 ballast, 2 lights, the reflector, etc...), it came to about 300 bucks for a high end kit. As I was considering purchasing it, I went to amazon to check the details on one of the pieces since the descriptions suck here, and I found out that the highest end kit that would have cost 300 something here was up for sale by an Amazon merchant for 186 dollars. You can guess where I got it from but I guess either way Amazon makes money. However through Amazon, at least I know what the price is compared to other merchants at Amazon and ebay. Here, they expect to make huge profits on items they normally would not be able to sell at Amazon at those prices.

And the number of "unique" items here is dwindling down more and more each day. Until last year or so, I would get most things without even comparing them with anywhere else since you either couldn't find the items or the price difference would be huge. Now I gotta make sure I am not being ripped off here and overpaying for items that are avalable through multiple sellers who have better prices.

mhodges

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mhodges

[quote postid="5476155" user="bluemaple"]...The one shortcoming that was obvious - the stand did not appear to be adjustable and it sits at a slight upward angle. As if they intend you to put it on a table and sit at that table...quote]

Per the specs the stand is removable and it is VESA compliant so you could get another stand for them, or use one off an old monitor, or get a multiple monitor stand.

Must resist...

wootietootiefrootie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootietootiefrootie

Something odd here. The specs say it has component inputs, but the pics of the inputs don't show the standard yellow component video input. The red and white audio inputs are there, along with a peculiar yellow input labeled "audio." Also, the connector labels show in one pic, but are missing in another pic....

auerbacs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages auerbacs

Hey,

Part-time wooter here. If I purchase two things during a woot-off (within 24 hours), do I pay $5 for each or do they group them as they used to and only charge me the shipping once.

If they've gone back to charging 5 per item, that's a poor play on their part - I'm willing to spend hundreds of dollars to feel like I saved a couple bucks on shipping.

mhodges

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mhodges
wootietootiefrootie wrote:Something odd here. The specs say it has component inputs, but the pics of the inputs don't show the standard yellow component video input. The red and white audio inputs are there, along with a peculiar yellow input labeled "audio." Also, the connector labels show in one pic, but are missing in another pic....

Component is R/G/B (HD). Composite is Yellow and old school. If you look closely it appears you use the Green as the yellow plug for composite.

ThunderThighs

Staff

EddieAngel333 wrote:HEY THUNDER HOW ARE YA !
GOOD TO SEE YA ! HOW ABOUT SOME 3D BABY

COOL! FINE! STILL WAKING UP!

I'll add it my wish list.

Remember, I keep a wish list from y'all during woot-offs. I try to keep up with the threads over here but it might be best to PM them to me.

FORUM MODERATOR

ThunderThighs

Staff

cheapola wrote:Hmm... Nice to see that they are doing the Board of Circuits. Just got in on this woot-off... Don't really watch them anymore as it seems that woot has really gone down hill ever since amazon bought them. I enjoyed the woot-off's in the 'good ole days'.. The woot-off's today just suck.. Thanks for the times woot, but, I don't think I will be spending any money here ever again..

I hear ya and a lot of people here heard it as well. We are working to change things up and get our fun back. Keep checking back. It won't happen overnight but I'm optimistic that we'll get there.

FORUM MODERATOR

wootietootiefrootie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootietootiefrootie
mhodges wrote:Component is R/G/B (HD). Composite is Yellow and old school. If you look closely it appears you use the Green as the yellow plug for composite.

Oops, you are right, I meant to say composite video input jack is missing (old timer here, HD not worth extra cost imo).

EddieAngel333

wootietootiefrootie wrote:Something odd here. The specs say it has component inputs, but the pics of the inputs don't show the standard yellow component video input. The red and white audio inputs are there, along with a peculiar yellow input labeled "audio." Also, the connector labels show in one pic, but are missing in another pic....

IT SAYS COMPOSITE IS SHARED WITH COMPONENT DON'T KNOW HOW THEY EXPECT YOU TO DO IT LOL COMPONENT IS BETTER ANYWAY ! BEST TO JUST USE HDMI !
Composite: 1 (shared with component)

ThunderThighs

Staff

turkk001 wrote:snip

Let me see if I can answer some of your questions:

$5 per day shipping was always noted as a temporary thing. The cart lets you purchase multiple items at a time and is better than our old $5 per order we had until May 2012, barely over a year ago.

Canceling orders is tricky. To speed up shipping, we have to release orders quicker. We release orders multiple times a day to our shipping partners (either FBA - Fulfullment by Amazon Warehouse - or our drop ship vendor). Once that order is released, it's trapped inside a file that is sent directly to the vendor for fill ing and then FedEx or whatever delivery provider is being used. It's hard to stop it at that point. That's why they offered you an RMA (return).

We state the estimated time to process and ship on each sale below the price. This isn't time to get to you, it's time to get it ready and out the door. Shipping estimates are given on the order page though.

If you have problems with packaging, get us a picture. Send it to support@woot.com. Don't attach the picture to the email though. Gags our system for some reason. Upload it to imgur.com (or similar) and give us a link to it. We forward those on to the appropriate place for follow up. We need to hear this.

We ARE NOT an outlet for Amazon. We have our own team of buyers (I sit with them) and our own inventory. Like many third party companies, we use Amazon's warehouse and fulfillment warehouses but we pay for them just like everyone else. Our inventory is kept separate.

We work to get as much information in the sales as possible. Problems come when our vendors don't give it to us and there's little out there to get. Surprisingly, Amazon has many many errors in their sales so we rarely use them as a source for our sales info. I think it comes from the fact that many items on Amazon start from third party company sales and Amazon isn't responsible for checking info of those sales.

We expect and know that our Wooters are savvy shoppers. We price check ALL daily deals and will be the lowest almost all the time. Plus deals are a bit different. We strive to be the lowest but because we are buying smaller quantities, we can't always barter for that killer deal.

FORUM MODERATOR

ThunderThighs

Staff

auerbacs wrote:Hey,

Part-time wooter here. If I purchase two things during a woot-off (within 24 hours), do I pay $5 for each or do they group them as they used to and only charge me the shipping once.

If they've gone back to charging 5 per item, that's a poor play on their part - I'm willing to spend hundreds of dollars to feel like I saved a couple bucks on shipping.

Shipping is $5 per cart order. So you can stuff as much as you want in there. During woot-offs, it might be good to peruse the Plus deals and just add them to your cart. Then if something comes up on the woot-off you like, you're ready to go. (Reminder, things can sell out while they're in your cart. It's not reserved until money exchanges hands.)

FORUM MODERATOR

ThunderThighs

Staff

mhodges wrote:Component is R/G/B (HD). Composite is Yellow and old school. If you look closely it appears you use the Green as the yellow plug for composite.

correct. The vertical lines on the label point to the 3 composite connectors (shared).

As to the labels, manufacturers often make rolling changes during production. Drives us batty.

FORUM MODERATOR

eyesrbrnforever

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eyesrbrnforever
jwiv wrote:Close.

7^5+525600

I got 525611 but do not have a clue as do how to post the link

clancifer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clancifer

Does anyone have a shipping confirmation yet on one that they've ordered? My still says unavailable.

ThunderThighs

Staff

clancifer wrote:Does anyone have a shipping confirmation yet on one that they've ordered? My still says unavailable.

Looks like it shipped and we're just waiting on the tracking file.

You can use FedEx's “Track by Reference” feature to get tracking info using your order number. Your order number is on your order details which you can get via Stuff You Bought. Leave the Account Number blank. Enter your order number in the reference box. Next, select your country and enter your zip code. Click TRACK and voilà, you may have tracking info.

FORUM MODERATOR

Dragonfly47

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Dragonfly47

Mine arrived today and seems to be working fine. Comes with a Quick Start guide which refers to consumerservicerefurbish.com to download the Owner Manual, however, the one for this model is not on that site.

Googled the following source for the Manual: http://store.vizio.com/documents/downloads/hdtv/E241A1/UM_E241A1.pdf

The stand is a little dodgy - feels like it might tip over if bumped from the back. Won't be a problem for me as I plan to wall-mount it.

Came In a plain brown box, but no visible damage to the finish of the set, and no bad pixels.

Sound is pretty good for a small screen LCD. Flat, non-glossy screen will work well on my screened porch.

Overall, I'm pleased so far.