zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

lichme

quality posts: 3127 Private Messages lichme

Item: Asus 11.6" Touchscreen Core i3 VivoBook
Price: $299.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: Refurbished

Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
5/31/2013 - $299.99 - 119 comment(s)

WierdBMD

quality posts: 4 Private Messages WierdBMD

Tried to win in 30 seconds, still too slow!

frostbight64

quality posts: 1 Private Messages frostbight64

Too slow again.... I swore I had it this time...

mibutterflywingz

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mibutterflywingz

Wasn't it Henry and not Harry?

wzrds3

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wzrds3
mibutterflywingz wrote:Wasn't it Henry and not Harry?

Yep, Woot done messed up.

vinithehat

quality posts: 23 Private Messages vinithehat

yup. henry brings you to the correct answer

carletonlyon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carletonlyon

Yeah, there's no Harry in the Boxcar Children. So IF you're talking about HENRY, the answer should be www.woot.com/offers/74fd07dd2f4547bd90363dd7bdd1fd9b6859

lazer32

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lazer32

I missed it too Got hung up on the # of childrens books EB wrote

kbajan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kbajan
lazer32 wrote:I missed it too Got hung up on the # of childrens books EB wrote

I got hung up on the 5 vs 7 Chinese brothers. Two different books for children.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Could you post your Crapschmidt posts over in the World of Woot thread?

That's the only thread being checked for questions.

Plus, if there is a booboo in a clue, the first two people that report it in THAT thread, get a special Private Message from Sam. But only if you post in THAT thread.

So let's use the product threads for talking about the product and posting cute cat/dog pictures.

Or these

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

skyecaptain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skyecaptain

I'm still not really sure how this works. i got (5+14)^20.

then what do i do with that? I had a decimal and a plus sign. but im pretty sure you can't have those in a URL

irishguywi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages irishguywi

what was the equation?

kbajan wrote:I got hung up on the 5 vs 7 Chinese brothers. Two different books for children.

adamant628

quality posts: 8 Private Messages adamant628
carletonlyon wrote:Yeah, there's no Harry in the Boxcar Children. So IF you're talking about HENRY, the answer should be www.woot.com/offers/74fd07dd2f4547bd90363dd7bdd1fd9b6859

Darn, I tried that but the page didn't load.

mibutterflywingz

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mibutterflywingz
WierdBMD wrote:Tried to win in 30 seconds, still too slow!

I PMed you

dvangorden

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dvangorden

is this a good laptop? can we talk about the product?

hamjudo

quality posts: 9 Private Messages hamjudo

Here is a product related post.

A laptop running Windows 8 with a 1366x768 resolution. Hmmmm...

I like Asus better than some laptop brands, but I don't like Windows 8, nor do I like low resolution monitors.

mooty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mooty
dvangorden wrote:is this a good laptop? can we talk about the product?

YES WE CAN !! But ONLY if you are a Democrat

Omar Zakaria

kraub

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kraub

I got hung up looking for Harry's age and he does even exist!!! Which connected to Harry Potter online and not the correct kid Henry!

schni

quality posts: 4 Private Messages schni

4 stars from 297 reviews at Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/VivoBook-X202E-DH31T-11-6-Inch-Touch-Laptop/dp/B009F1I1C4

sakanagai

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sakanagai
hamjudo wrote:Here is a product related post.

I like Asus better than some laptop brands, but I don't like Windows 8, nor do I like low resolution monitors.

Bear in mind that this laptop is now essentially two generations old (still using Sandy Bridge). That resolution was pretty standard, especially in the sub-12" sizes. You have to consider the cost of the high density panels as well as the added power consumption required by both the display and the GPU. Batteries in these ultrabook shells are small and Sandy Bridge still wasn't ready for long battery life. For $300, even if you don't use the touchscreen, 1366x768 is fine.

aschaps

quality posts: 2 Private Messages aschaps

I highly recommend this to anyone that needs to frequently carry around their laptop. I was bought this one for work and I have it with me constantly. The screen is crisp and very responsive to touch. The battery lasts me all day assuming I'm in and out of meetings shooting emails and whatnot (approx. 6 hrs on time). Plenty of hard drive space is nice and no shortage of USB connections. Only downside I can mention if I had to is if you try anything super processor intensive it'll get angry and run choppy, but that's standard for any ultrabook. It's a steal at this price too.

hamjudo

sakanagai wrote:Bear in mind that this laptop is now essentially two generations old (still using Sandy Bridge). That resolution was pretty standard, especially in the sub-12" sizes. You have to consider the cost of the high density panels as well as the added power consumption required by both the display and the GPU. Batteries in these ultrabook shells are small and Sandy Bridge still wasn't ready for long battery life. For $300, even if you don't use the touchscreen, 1366x768 is fine.

When I am shopping, I don't give products extra leeway, just because back when they were developed, their specs were reasonable for the time. When I order something, it means I plan on using it in the near future. I do most of my work with dual 1080P monitors, and things feel so cramped when I have to use just my laptop's own screen.

I certainly have done tasks that work just fine in 1366x768, so 1366x768 is not worthless. However, it is not for me.

arismella

quality posts: 16 Private Messages arismella
ThunderThighs wrote:Or these

TT finds all the good gifs.

EddieAngel333

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EddieAngel333

1366x768 resolution. IS HIGH DEFINITION 720P

benborgs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benborgs

Picked up one of these recently (same generation as this one) and I've got to say, I love this laptop (after putting Windows 7 on it, but thats due to my beef with windows 8). I've been an Apple laptop guy forever (and still am) and one of the reasons has been because of how Apple implements it's touchpads because I hadn't come across a PC manufacturer that had come close. So with that said, here are my thoughts:

Pros:
- Realistically 4+hrs of battery life using it for web browsing. Used it the other day for heavy work (VPN, Remote desktop mostly) and got just about 4hrs of use.
- Trackpad (when using Asus' software) is nearly as good as Apple's and that's saying a lot. I can use the trackpad to do almost all the same things I do on my Macbook Air.
- Screen is very good; resolution for an 11.6" screen is about perfect.
- Sound is very good for the size of laptop it is. This things belts out better volume and clarity than my 13" MBA.
- Speed: it's a 2nd Gen Core i3; it's not going to win any speed competitions. That said, it more than enough for basic usage and is even very good for a decent light to moderate business usage.
- Build quality: This is a solidly build machine that's also relatively light. Screen has the right amount of tension for use as a touch screen but not too much.

Cons:
- Graphics: fine for basic stuff but most games will be on low settings.
- Glossy Screen: Screen quality is fine, but it LOVES finger prints.
- Sound drivers for windows 7 a little wonky, while listening to music and videos is fine, Windows alert tones don't sound off correctly in that sometimes they are at the volume they should be and some times they are quiet.

Overall, a great deal for $300, highly recommend.

Roy33sakic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Roy33sakic

Honestly, you get what you paid for with this. 2nd gen i3 processor and HD 3000 graphics are now 2 generations old, so this is definitely yesterday's laptop. For the price, though, it's really a pretty average deal. You might find better, you might find worse. If you need a small, portable laptop for lightweight tasks, this one should be fine.

aschaps

hamjudo wrote:When I am shopping, I don't give products extra leeway, just because back when they were developed, their specs were reasonable for the time. When I order something, it means I plan on using it in the near future. I do most of my work with dual 1080P monitors, and things feel so cramped when I have to use just my laptop's own screen.

I certainly have done tasks that work just fine in 1366x768, so 1366x768 is not worthless. However, it is not for me.

Certainly true, if I were doing anything where screen real estate is a must than this would not be for me. However, for anyone who needs to check/write emails, review powerpoints and spreadsheets, or watch a movie at the airport this is the laptop for you. I had a 15" laptop before it for work and my shoulders were getting ripped from lugging the thing around. Different strokes for different folks.

jzacuto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jzacuto

I bought two of these last time they were on Woot! at the $299 price. They're fantastic inexpensive Windows 8 laptops. But one caveat!! They do NOT have Bluetooth radios! So if you need Bluetooth, you'll either need a dongle or to do without.

hamjudo

EddieAngel333 wrote:1366x768 resolution. IS HIGH DEFINITION 720P

I used an Apple II in 1977 which had HI RES mode at 280x192 and no lower case. You can not intimidate me with your all caps use of the word "HIGH".

For a 2013 vintage laptop, 1366x768 is on the low end of commonly available resolutions.

Also, while most 720p TVs have 1366x768, the 720p standard is only 1280x720.

jandrese

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jandrese

If you don't like laptops with annoyingly low screen resolutions, Woot really isn't the place for you.

Manufacturers love making laptops with these crappy screens, and customers love not buying them, so they filter down to Woot all of the time.

EddieAngel333

hamjudo wrote:I used an Apple II in 1977 which had HI RES mode at 280x192 and no lower case. You can not intimidate me with your all caps use of the word "HIGH".

For a 2013 vintage laptop, 1366x768 is on the low end of commonly available resolutions.

JUST STATING FACTS BRO.. LOL
AS FOR THE CAPS.. THAT IS FOR ME MY VISION IS BLURRY TODAY
LOL BUT IT SEEMS TO HAVE SOME EFFECT ON YOU
YOU SEEM A LITTLE ANGERED !

NickHammer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NickHammer

I bought one of these the last time Woot was selling them.

It may not have the latest processor, and Windows 8 sure takes getting used to (but that's true of just about any PC you buy today), but it's super portable and where else are you going to find a touchscreen laptop for this price?

So far, so good.

aschaps

hamjudo wrote:I used an Apple II in 1977 which had HI RES mode at 280x192 and no lower case. You can not intimidate me with your all caps use of the word "HIGH".

It's not easy to fit 1080 pixels in an 11.6 inch screen. Especially cheaply. As a reference the Acer S7 has 1080p at $1200.

alexmominee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alexmominee
EddieAngel333 wrote:JUST STATING FACTS BRO.. LOL
AS FOR THE CAPS.. THAT IS FOR ME MY VISION IS BLURRY TODAY
LOL BUT IT SEEMS TO HAVE SOME EFFECT ON YOU
YOU SEEM A LITTLE ANGERED !

hamjudo: 1
eddieangel: 0

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

arismella wrote:TT finds all the good gifs.

I don't know what freaks me out more. Snakes. Or Snakes that can open doors.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

EddieAngel333

alexmominee wrote:hamjudo: 1
eddieangel: 0

LOL YOU LIKED ME SO MUCH YOU COPIED MY ATTIRE... WINNING

BTW I STAND BY WHAT I SAID FOOL 1366 x 768 IS HIGH RESOLUTION ! FACT
IT IS NOT LOW RESOLUTION !
I NEVER SAID IT'S THE HIGHEST RESOLUTION YOU CAN GET !
LOSER LOL
TRY AGAIN

trueskew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trueskew

After 6 months, Best Buy finally caved and gave me a store credit for this laptop that was in service longer than it was in my possession. It went in 5 times, and always for the same reason, sudden shutdown. No BSOD, no shutdown event... it behaved as if the power supply and battery were pulled, sometimes taking 2 weeks to happen, sometimes taking a day to happen. Two motherboard replacements, fan replacement, battery replacement, and disk replacement (NeXT tech on that one) didn't change a thing.

That said, it was a very nice laptop for my wife when it was working, and she ended up really liking the touch screen.

I think I'm interested, depending on how much money I lose if I need to return it.

=> Just read the return policy, this is too risky for me, especially for a refurb. I hope it works out for you guys.

EddieAngel333

ThunderThighs wrote:I don't know what freaks me out more. Snakes. Or Snakes that can open doors.

COME ON TT THAT WAS OBVIOUSLY STAGED.. THINK ABOUT IT
THERE IS A CAMERA RUNNING OUTSIDE THE DOOR ? LOL

Lord John Whorfin

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Lord John Whorfin

I’m not afraid of ghosts. I’m not afraid of sharks.
I’m not afraid of cancer. I’m just afraid of snakes!
They really creep me out! Where are their arms and legs?
IT’S NOT OK!