Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 3187 Private Messages lichme

Item: Wacom Bamboo Capture Pen & Touch Tablet
Price: $49.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Condition: Refurbished

Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
6/18/2013 - $49.99 (Woot-off) - 28 comment(s)
5/17/2013 - $49.99 - 48 comment(s)

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

lichme

Tons of 4+star reviews

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

pakopako

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pakopako

So, Woot's previous "Kobe Beef" contains neither actual Beef nor Kobe?

alexjleon

quality posts: 4 Private Messages alexjleon

Is this made of bamboo?

...kidding.

mvsopen

quality posts: 44 Private Messages mvsopen

The one for sale on Amazon ($67) has a "U" at the start of its model number, UCTH470. Does anyone know is this is the same model?

pakopako

Also, for a more productive message, I've tested other Bamboo models. As entry-level input devices, these feel far from it. Accurate, comfy, responsive.

The caveat? The "half page" size means you can't "doodle in your notebook during Intro to Geometry." (Unless you just drew in the margins.)

pakopako

mvsopen wrote:The one for sale on Amazon ($67) has a "U" at the start of its model number, UCTH470. Does anyone know is this is the same model?

Correction, the Amazon one does not have the "U" (it is just "UCTH470").

The "U" I believe stands for refurbished.

(Ugh, I can't sleep yet. Can someone correct me on how many active players are on US sports teams?)

Spectre7

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Spectre7

Considering the changes at Nik Software recently, does anyone know if the pack-in gets you the entire Nik suite now?

jiggersgreen

quality posts: 38 Private Messages jiggersgreen

Is it just my eyes or is something wrong with the picture on the 1st page? It looks like the keys are made out of paper and it's starting to peel off.

lichme

conanthelibrarian wrote:Sit back and check out this video review

Think that's a different model/version

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3914 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Here is a very British tablet video review for you

skispeakeasy

quality posts: 43 Private Messages skispeakeasy

I own a full size (8.5x11) 3rd gen for the graphic design work I do. Wacom stuff works a lot better than the knockoffs, but I personally prefer using thumb operated mice for everything but painting. Even then, I still use the mouse for fine detail touch-ups and clipping.

ngoodfri

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ngoodfri

i was gonna snag one of these, but upon further inspection, i'm going with this instead:

www.amazon.com/Turcom-Tursion-Graphic-Drawing-TS-6610H/dp/B00A40GPM8

more drawing area, more sensitivity, better data rate. same price after woot shipping with Prime.

berf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages berf

Wacom's great. I have used all of their different tablets (starting with my first tablet the Graphire 2, which I got 11 years ago, to the Intuos 4, which I currently own (also, during college we had Cintiqs 24HDs.. but I'm too poor for that :p)
All of their products are top notch.
If you're just starting out in the tablet/digital art world, or are looking for a light tablet to take around with you, this is a great steal! I know a lot of my friends own Bamboos, so they don't have to take their Intuos out with them for drawing outside or cafe sketching.

llocutus

quality posts: 5 Private Messages llocutus

But can I play Counter-Strike with it?

herrojima

quality posts: 3 Private Messages herrojima

Own one of these as well. This is half the price I paid. Wacoms are AMAZING quality. If you, yourself, or someone you know has been thinking of giving digital art/drawing a go, this is an amazing entry level tablet. It easily competes quality wise to other brands mid range models.

Also certain software that you'll use (PaintToolSAI, Photoshop, etc) just have more and better support with Wacom tablets because they are more popular.

The Bamboo is more than capable of producing professional level images since I can tell you anyway, all of it is in your own skill. More expensive tablets make it easier with higher quality responses and fancy functionality. Wacom produces a better entry level product though.

Also, to make life easier, Wacom offers for $40, a wireless kit that is amazing, AND you can use the one on the Bamboo with the new Intuos5 lines like I did.

so many woots so little time ( or money depends on how you look at things ~_^)

extremusmaximus

quality posts: 14 Private Messages extremusmaximus

Does anyone have experience using this or any other tablet with CAD programs like SolidWorks or DraftSight?

They charge an arm & a leg for so-called "3dMouse" units that look like an overpriced remote control.

What I really want is a MacBook Pro with Retina display and a touch screen.

herrojima

Spectre7 wrote:Considering the changes at Nik Software recently, does anyone know if the pack-in gets you the entire Nik suite now?

If white disc is the same as what you get with a new Bamboo, this is what mine says, "NiK Color Efex Pro 3.0 WE3" But sorry, I can't tell you for 100%.

herrojima

extremusmaximus wrote:Does anyone have experience using this or any other tablet with CAD programs like SolidWorks or DraftSight?

They charge an arm & a leg for so-called "3dMouse" units that look like an overpriced remote control.

What I really want is a MacBook Pro with Retina display and a touch screen.

Yea, but I only played in SolidWorks 2000

Works for that, haha.

Craig234

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Craig234
ngoodfri wrote:i was gonna snag one of these, but upon further inspection, i'm going with this instead:

more drawing area, more sensitivity, better data rate. same price after woot shipping with Prime.

That does look good, thanks. Wonder if that's a sale price?

eqquantumcat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eqquantumcat
Spectre7 wrote:Considering the changes at Nik Software recently, does anyone know if the pack-in gets you the entire Nik suite now?

Yep, one price for everything. Awesome software, and a pad like this works great in Photoshop for photo editing.

roadancer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roadancer

I got this from MacMall for $39.99 with free shipping... Really Woot?

[MOD: Macmall is $67.99. Really, Roadancer.]

klanix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klanix

Tiger Direct has new Large Intuos5 for $300 (after a $100 rebate).

simon4shizzle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages simon4shizzle
ngoodfri wrote:i was gonna snag one of these, but upon further inspection, i'm going with this instead:

Thanks for the recommendation! I went with this one as well, based on the following....

1. refurb vs. new,
2. +tax +shipping vs no tax no shipping
3. no prime vs prime shipping (arriving to me in two days!)

chaajoad

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chaajoad

I do presentations. My goal is to be able to wander through a room of 20-40 people, using a tablet to wirelessly control the power point AND to draw on the slides for emphasis or add points that the class brings up. I have no idea how to do that.

SOOO - even tho this device is hard-wired, can I use this to control a power point presentation (next slide, etc) AND draw on the slides whenever I feel like adding something? Thanks for any insight ...

jimgolf

quality posts: 14 Private Messages jimgolf
roadancer wrote:I got this from MacMall for $39.99 with free shipping... Really Woot?

This is currently $67.99 at MacMall.

alanmg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alanmg

I am restoring old family photos. This thing works great with GIMP software. The other day I had to replace a face, someone else needed an eye and ears...all done without much problem. I only wish my family members were still alive to see what I've done with their original photos. My dad would have loved this junk!

yeahbuddy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yeahbuddy

Can this be used with Windows 8 as an alternate input device for the touchy feely screen interface on laptops that don't have a touchy feely screen ?

miketc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages miketc

Is the 5 x7 or 3x5? It says 3x5, but the width is the same as the 5" CD ROM in the picture.

woottoady

quality posts: 34 Private Messages woottoady

If you need a larger active surface, Tiger Direct has the CTH670 Bamboo Create (8.5" x 5.4" active) on sale today (new condition) for $99 (plus shipping), when coupled with an $80 rebate.

Check it out here.

kurtois

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kurtois

Anyone used this for text input in OS X Mountain Lion using the built-in "Ink"?

I hear Don McAllister of Screencastsonline.com uses a Bamboo device instead of a mouse.

DigMe

quality posts: 23 Private Messages DigMe

No. It won't.

2thman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 2thman

Can this be used as a signature pad?

watercat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages watercat
chaajoad wrote:I do presentations. My goal is to be able to wander through a room of 20-40 people, using a tablet to wirelessly control the power point AND to draw on the slides for emphasis or add points that the class brings up. I have no idea how to do that.

SOOO - even tho this device is hard-wired, can I use this to control a power point presentation (next slide, etc) AND draw on the slides whenever I feel like adding something? Thanks for any insight ...

This is a mouse replacement. All it does is move the cursor on the screen. So if you have a painting program open with the paintbrush selected, it will paint; if you have a Powerpoint in play, tapping the board will advance to the next slide. If you want to draw on your Powerpoint slides, you would either need to click the editing tool in Powerpoint, or use an overlay program.

forpeterssake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages forpeterssake

Can anyone confirm whether this has Linux support?

Update: From the Amazon comments, it looks like there's no Linux support for this particular model. Previous versions, maybe the Splash, worked well on Linux, but not the Capture.

BigRedDogATL

quality posts: 24 Private Messages BigRedDogATL

The version of the Nik Color EFX software that is included is an older version of just that plugin. The current version of the software is Color EFX 4 Pro.

Since Google purchased Nik Software, they are offering the entire suite of Nik Software for $149 retail. You can find discount codes online that will get you 15% off, so your end price is $126. It is well worth it to purchase the whole suite if you are into serious photo work.

BigRedDogATL

quality posts: 24 Private Messages BigRedDogATL

If you read the reviews on this model tablet at Newegg.com, there are many complaints that the USB cable that comes with it is very short and most people have to use an extension cable.

htPaul

quality posts: 0 Private Messages htPaul

I bought one of these a while back, for the Photoshop software. You get Photoshop Elements 8.0 for less than half the price of 11.0, plus the truly fine tablet, plus the cool Sketchbook software. Win, win, win.

DigMe

quality posts: 23 Private Messages DigMe

I've been satisfied with mine after buying one from woot the last time. The only complaints are the short USB cable as stated above and the fact that the software will not keep my custom key settings on the pad. I may be doing something wrong there.

brad