moles1138

quality posts: 24 Private Messages moles1138

Do they make a model for us lefties?

Lister22

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Lister22

After looking this up on Amazon I see three different versions: Capture Pen and Touch, Create Pen and Touch, and Splash Pen. What is the difference between the three?

Here is the link. It may not be an exact match for the product on Woot today but I still would like to know if maybe a different version would suit me better. But I have no idea what a capture pen does in relation to a capture or splash pen.

http://www.amazon.com/Wacom-Bamboo-Splash-Tablet-CTL471/dp/B0089VGPII/ref=reg_hu-rd_add_1_dp

ToriathFallanor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ToriathFallanor
Lister22 wrote:After looking this up on Amazon I see three different versions: Capture Pen and Touch, Create Pen and Touch, and Splash Pen. What is the difference between the three?

Here is the link. It may not be an exact match for the product on Woot today but I still would like to know if maybe a different version would suit me better. But I have no idea what a capture pen does in relation to a capture or splash pen.

http://www.amazon.com/Wacom-Bamboo-Splash-Tablet-CTL471/dp/B0089VGPII/ref=reg_hu-rd_add_1_dp

The Splash is pen only (and black). The Capture, which is what Woot! is selling, apparently supports touch. The Create is a bigger version of the Capture. At least this is what I understood from a vendor a few days ago.

ToriathFallanor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ToriathFallanor
Craig234 wrote:That does look good, thanks. Wonder if that's a sale price?

According to this, it's a new product:

http://camelcamelcamel.com/Turcom-Tursion-Graphic-Drawing-TS-6610H/product/B00A40GPM8

hipcat

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hipcat

[quote postid="5478107" user="lichme"]Think that's a different model/version

Is this the Dell Dude?

savannad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages savannad
jiggersgreen wrote:Is it just my eyes or is something wrong with the picture on the 1st page? It looks like the keys are made out of paper and it's starting to peel off.

They are kind of wrinkly looking yes, but its just a texture so you know if you arent looking at it that you are touching the buttons and not the tablet.

savannad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages savannad

Wow, Im freaking out. My parents bought me this exact tablet for 200 dollars I told my mom and she said we might as well get another one just in case. Im so excited! This is such a great deal!

nebelhund

quality posts: 7 Private Messages nebelhund

Does anybody know if this model is one of the ones that causes excessive nib wear? I've been wanting to get another tablet for my son but I'm not really clear still which wacom's have the textured surface that has been problematic.

Appreciate any input.

flamingzebra90

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flamingzebra90
moles1138 wrote:Do they make a model for us lefties?

The tablet software asks if you are using this in left-handed or right-handed orientation and switches the buttons accordingly. Seems perfectly ambidextrous to me.

olcubmaster

quality posts: 31 Private Messages olcubmaster

Well, for those of you moaning about missing it during the woot-off that just ended, here's your chance. Same price, same model, more time to think about it and pull the trigger to buy 3.

You can read the comments from that day HERE but you'll need to weed through the big debate about how many people Rambo killed.

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

netslacker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages netslacker
savannad wrote:Wow, Im freaking out. My parents bought me this exact tablet for 200 dollars I told my mom and she said we might as well get another one just in case. Im so excited! This is such a great deal!

If you paid 200.00 for the other one you have it's likely not this one. There are multiple Bamboo models and there is one that sells for 200.00 (Bamboo Create) and one that sells for 99.00 (Bamboo Capture) which is this one.

http://www.wacom.com/en/south-america-home/products/bamboo/bambootablets/compare

extremusmaximus

quality posts: 14 Private Messages extremusmaximus
klanix wrote:Tiger Direct has new Large Intuos5 for $300 (after a $100 rebate).

Come ON ... that isn't even relevant to this thread. Plus, its in bad taste to make your fellow Wootaholics drool like that ...

Mikedwilson63

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mikedwilson63

I just want to say that I bought one of these on the Wootoff on Tuesday and got it this morning. Shipping times are really speeding up. Thanks, Woot!

10percenter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 10percenter

I have a Grapphire 2 I bought about 12 years ago. I like it, it suits me fine for the causal user I am.

Any opinions about this being a decent enough upgrade?

gblinda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gblinda

Is this the same one on Amazon for 67.99?
http://www.amazon.com/Wacom-Bamboo-Capture-Tablet-CTH470/dp/B005HGBEZ2

If so, it's only like a $12 difference for a new one for a prime member like me? Just curious...

CobaltBerry

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CobaltBerry
chaajoad wrote:I do presentations. My goal is to be able to wander through a room of 20-40 people, using a tablet to wirelessly control the power point AND to draw on the slides for emphasis or add points that the class brings up. I have no idea how to do that.

SOOO - even tho this device is hard-wired, can I use this to control a power point presentation (next slide, etc) AND draw on the slides whenever I feel like adding something? Thanks for any insight ...

I picked up a wireless adapter for mine, best purchase I made.

kmesloh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmesloh

Is this device Windows 8 compatable?

Katonklin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Katonklin

To echo a past question, can this be used as an interface for a computer with Windows 8 that doesn't have a touch screen?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

kmesloh wrote:Is this device Windows 8 compatable?

I see drivers for Windows 8.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

pdxbrit21

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pdxbrit21

Bought one of these the last time they showed up on woot! Very, very happy with it.

It's made Aperture and Photoshop much more useable, and I really enjoy using it.

For the price you can't beat it, recommend it for every amateur photographer.

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska
CobaltBerry wrote:I picked up a wireless adapter for mine, best purchase I made.

Wait, where would I get one?

SurlyRancor

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SurlyRancor
DigMe wrote:I've been satisfied with mine after buying one from woot the last time. The only complaints are the short USB cable as stated above and the fact that the software will not keep my custom key settings on the pad. I may be doing something wrong there.

brad

I've had the same problem with the custom keys, keeps resetting every couple of days.

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

Does paint.net like this tablet?

beagle68

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beagle68

Can this be updated to work with Windows 8?

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
10percenter wrote:I have a Grapphire 2 I bought about 12 years ago. I like it, it suits me fine for the causal user I am.

Any opinions about this being a decent enough upgrade?

I upgraded from a Graphire 4, and I will tell you that if you are running Windows 7 or above, it's absolutely worth it. And these are the reasons:

1. Pressure sensitivity: P.S. went to pieces when I upgraded from WinXP to Win7. It's not that my tablet had changed, and I was able to download new Wacom drivers, I had an official copy of Photoshop, it just didn't work one day and would work the next. Sometimes even when I would close and restart the program. Since upgrading, I have had no problems, pressure sensitivity works 100% every time.

2. Form Factor: The active area is the same, but the buttons are better oriented on the left side of the tablet instead of the top (and it's flippable for you lefties out there). It's also about half as thick! Hellooo beautiful! I love love love how thin it is, I can pick it up with one hand and feel like I'm just holding a notebook. Biggest improvement over the old Graphires.

3. Surface: Ok, I changed my mind, this is the biggest improvement. I really like how the Capture's surface feels like paper. It's not rough, but it's textured. Like, um, well, like paper. I came from traditional drawing so I really am used to how my pencil feels on paper and so this is my favorite. Plus, in order to get the sensitivity levels I wanted on the Graphire 4, I had to make it sensitive enough that to draw a thin line I would have to barely barely touch pen to the surface, and with the smooth surface it was often hard to tell. Especially with the clear cover over the top, I was always mis-judging. So I love this surface.

4. Price: For a casual user, $50 is great for a Capture. I think I bought my used Graphire 4 for $50 when I first got it, and it wasn't even a refurb. I paid over $100 for my Capture new on a great sale last year.

runnerfrog13

runnerfrog13 wrote:I upgraded from a Graphire 4, and I will tell you that if you are running Windows 7 or above, it's absolutely worth it. And these are the reasons:

2. Form Factor: The active area is the same, but the buttons are better oriented on the left side of the tablet instead of the top (and it's flippable for you lefties out there).

Oh, I do really miss the scroll button on the Graphire 4 though. The finger-touch system is meh. I always forget to turn it on and off and I just like the scroll system better. So I use my mouse instead.

runnerfrog13

Moueska wrote:Does paint.net like this tablet?

Paint.NET will work fine, but you won't have pressure sensitivity. They took support for that feature out because it was breaking alot of other things and being inconsistent. Plans are to bring it back in a future version, unknown when.

runnerfrog13

Katonklin wrote:To echo a past question, can this be used as an interface for a computer with Windows 8 that doesn't have a touch screen?

There is touch (finger) input on this device, but I wouldn't personally use it like a touchpad. It's not great, decent for what they advertise it for, zooming/scrolling/shortcuts. I have had large laptop touchpads and smart tablet screens that were more responsive and did better with multi-touch. If you want both drawing and touchpad capability, this would work, but if you want touchpad, get something dedicated for that. (Esp ones that have built-in scrolling detection along the edges of the touchpad)

runnerfrog13

Lister22 wrote:But I have no idea what a capture pen does in relation to a capture or splash pen.

The pens on the Connect, Splash, and Capture are the same. And they don't erase, by the way. The pen on the Create (which is a bigger tablet) has the eraser.

(I was pretty upset that the pen didn't erase. Even my old Graphire 4 has erase on it's pen. I had to dedicate a button on my tablet to shortcut to the erase tool, but it was handy to have it built into the pen instead of having to go find the erase tool each time then go back to whatever my paintbrush settings were)

laizurkainon

quality posts: 6 Private Messages laizurkainon

I own one of these, with a wireless adapter (strongly recommended). They're fast, responsive, and incredibly precise- Wacom easily has the best tablets- even at this level.

The only real concern is the active area- It's about the size of a large notecard, and I wouldn't recommend this particular size with anything much larger than a 15.3" monitor.

That said, it's still a great price point for hobbyists.

Works okay as a signature pad? It's precise enough to be, but it's not really designed for it.

runnerfrog13

runnerfrog13 wrote:The pens on the Connect, Splash, and Capture are the same. And they don't erase, by the way. The pen on the Create (which is a bigger tablet) has the eraser

Ok, so apparently Wacom says that the eraser functionality is built into the tablet, and the Splash doesn't have that. They also said:

Mathias Lala: Hi i have the bamboo capture pen it doesn't have a eraser but the bamboo create pen dose. will the bamboo create pen work on the bamboo capture touch ?

wacom: 55 days ago
Bamboo Capture does include the eraser functionality. It is only the Bamboo Connect and Bamboo Splash models that do not have the eraser. The pen itself doesn't have much of a visual indicator that it has the eraser, but you can check your tablet properties to ensure that its activated and working. If you need help, give us a call. 1-800-922-6613

So I have tested this, and it doesn't work. They say the Capture pend should be erasing, but it doesn't work for me.

shibainu

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shibainu
ngoodfri wrote:i was gonna snag one of these, but upon further inspection, i'm going with this instead:

www.amazon.com/Turcom-Tursion-Graphic-Drawing-TS-6610H/dp/B00A40GPM8

more drawing area, more sensitivity, better data rate. same price after woot shipping with Prime.

=======================
Try reading the negative reviews on Amazon. If you don't mind that its Chinese (so am I), support may be difficult, drivers (don't support W8) and may be flawed. Battery in the pen? Too many gotchas for the future. Their support page shows who you can call in China.

Fiero4U

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fiero4U
nebelhund wrote:Does anybody know if this model is one of the ones that causes excessive nib wear? I've been wanting to get another tablet for my son but I'm not really clear still which wacom's have the textured surface that has been problematic.

Appreciate any input.

I got one last Woot, and I'm still on my first nib. I suspect wear rate has a lot to do with the user. There are 4 extra nibs included and I hear they are easy to get and cheap for replacements.

I'd like to add the wireless to get rid of the cord, using mine for photo work and often to replace the mouse. Running Luminance HDR, GIMP, SilkyPix Pro 5, Fireworks and playing Sugar Crush... Doh!

Fiero4U

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fiero4U
shibainu wrote:=======================
Try reading the negative reviews on Amazon. If you don't mind that its Chinese (so am I), support may be difficult, drivers (don't support W8) and may be flawed. Battery in the pen? Too many gotchas for the future. Their support page shows who you can call in China.

Yes, no batteries to worry about in the Bamboo, I don't know how it works... must be by the will of Allah... or science.

beagle68

SOLD OUT there!

woottoady wrote:If you need a larger active surface, Tiger Direct has the CTH670 Bamboo Create (8.5" x 5.4" active) on sale today (new condition) for $99 (plus shipping), when coupled with an $80 rebate.

Check it out here.

beagle68

You can set this up for left or right handed use.

moles1138 wrote:Do they make a model for us lefties?

Mikieatton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mikieatton
Moueska wrote:Wait, where would I get one?

There is a Wacom wireless kit for this for $40.

http://www.wacom.com/en/products/accessories/wireless/wireless-accessory-kit

r81984

quality posts: 0 Private Messages r81984
extremusmaximus wrote:Does anyone have experience using this or any other tablet with CAD programs like SolidWorks or DraftSight?

They charge an arm & a leg for so-called "3dMouse" units that look like an overpriced remote control.

What I really want is a MacBook Pro with Retina display and a touch screen.

This pen tablet is not the same thing as a 3d mouse like from connexion.
This pen tablet is useless for 3d cad software as you dont need to freehand draw anything.
The 3d mouses are awesome as they are basically a 3d view control.
You dont need 3d mouse for any of the 3d cad software, it just saves time changing your views and is much more natural.
I use autodesk inventor every day with my 3d mouse.
I bought mine off ebay for $65.

candlemaniac

quality posts: 0 Private Messages candlemaniac
chaajoad wrote:I do presentations. My goal is to be able to wander through a room of 20-40 people, using a tablet to wirelessly control the power point AND to draw on the slides for emphasis or add points that the class brings up. I have no idea how to do that.

SOOO - even tho this device is hard-wired, can I use this to control a power point presentation (next slide, etc) AND draw on the slides whenever I feel like adding something? Thanks for any insight ...

You could probably get a wireless adapter for it so you can walk around, then program the buttons for "from current slide," "next slide," etc. and you could just casually hold it That'd be pretty neat!

n3rv19

quality posts: 2 Private Messages n3rv19

FYI I just received this today and no pen was in the package. It's not too useful without the pen. I have contacted Wacom support and hope that they will be able to send me one. Hopefully I won't have to mail this back to Woot for a replacement/refund. Has anyone else had this happen?