WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Castaway Hammocks

To show you how great these Castaway hammocks are, we had to show them on stands, but HAMMOCK STANDS ARE SOLD SEPARATELY. If you ask us if stands are included with the hammocks, or buy one and complain to us that you didn't get a stand, we reserve the right to track you down and turn YOU into a hammock.

Quality Posts

ScottFromWyoming

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ScottFromWyoming

Don't need a stand:

clover122221

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clover122221

Sweeeeeeet. Been looking for a great hammock/stand combo for a while (yes I read the description and bought both stand + hammock). Now if only woot could hook me up with a nice self-propelled lawnmower....

MommaBeary

quality posts: 10 Private Messages MommaBeary

hmmmm - wonder if I can buy one of these and kick my husband outside if he snores too loudly?

nah - my neighbors might complain about the noise.

FlamingoNut

quality posts: 12 Private Messages FlamingoNut

I wish they had better close ups of the non-solid colored hammocks, as well as the underside of the non-solids as well. And it figures, the one I was interested in is sold out. You snooze, you lose, story of my life...

natsaan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages natsaan
FlamingoNut wrote:I wish they had better close ups of the non-solid colored hammocks, as well as the underside of the non-solids as well. And it figures, the one I was interested in is sold out. You snooze, you lose, story of my life...

johnsnj53

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnsnj53

Does anyone know what color the stand is? I can't find it via an Internet search.

Jeff53

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

johnsnj53 wrote:Does anyone know what color the stand is? I can't find it via an Internet search.

i've been told the stand is bronze.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

johnsnj53

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnsnj53
PemberDucky wrote:i've been told the stand is bronze.

Many thanks. One is on its way to me. I hope it has the hooks for the hammock chain.

Jeff53

intensesupernova

quality posts: 2 Private Messages intensesupernova
FlamingoNut wrote:I wish they had better close ups of the non-solid colored hammocks, as well as the underside of the non-solids as well. And it figures, the one I was interested in is sold out. You snooze, you lose, story of my life...

Did some research and found a few....

Beige Houndstooth

Terracotta

Spice Coral

Rust

Brick

Vintage Floral

fieryphoenix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fieryphoenix

Very dumpy-outy.

johnt007871

quality posts: 8 Private Messages johnt007871

Anyone one have one like this? Is it hard to get in/out of of? Will it dump you out in the middle of a good book?

Craig234

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Craig234

I had one of these, and spiders would crawl in the little holes near where you rest your head... couldn't relax much after that, had to inspect every hold every use.

I left it out in the rain, and that kind of destroyed it.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

fieryphoenix wrote:Very dumpy-outy.

This made me laugh out loud.

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mrsjhaye

quality posts: 16 Private Messages mrsjhaye
clover122221 wrote:Sweeeeeeet. Been looking for a great hammock/stand combo for a while (yes I read the description and bought both stand + hammock). Now if only woot could hook me up with a nice self-propelled lawnmower....

Got a Robomower quite some time ago on Woot! and wish they would bring them back. Also have a rope Castaway hammock from last year's Woot offering and absolutely love it.

Craig234

How the heck did they run out of stands already?

I was considering one, and no point in buying the cloth alone.

FlamingoNut

quality posts: 12 Private Messages FlamingoNut
intensesupernova wrote:Did some research and found a few....

Thanks for that; those pics are much better.

The reason I asked about other side of the patterned designs is because I currently have a green striped hammock, similar to the "green stripe" one that is sold out, but the other side is dark green. I've had it for probably 10 years now, and it's been in the shed during the winter months. It's held up nicely over the years, but I'm thinking about replacing it. A few ropes are starting to fray & the wood is beginning to look brittle. No matter how hard you try to wash it out to get rid of that musty stank, it just doesn't work after a while. Its held up well over the years, and has taken abuse from the kids playing on it and jumping on it. Between 2 trees, 86'd the stand after the first year.

I guess I should just dive in while the price is desirable; it's just a matter of choosing which one...

intensesupernova

quality posts: 2 Private Messages intensesupernova
Craig234 wrote:How the heck did they run out of stands already?

I was considering one, and no point in buying the cloth alone.

Agreed. I was going to order a hammock and a stand this weekend, but I don't have trees close enough to mount the hammock and don't feel like spending a fortune elsewhere for a stand. I like woot one-stop shopping.

mcbs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcbs

I understand the stand is included under the hammock, right?

manhandsha

quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

mcbs wrote:I understand the stand is included under the hammock, right?

Unfortunately, these hammocks don't come with the stand. The stands are sold out at this point.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

Craig234

I ordered the amazon daily deal - they have a hammock and stand for $95 (for one more hour) that looks maybe even more useful, it's 9 foot long instead of 15 feet.

jennywise11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jennywise11

ordered this stand and did not get a castaway stand, got a different brand in a different color. if it wasnt such a pain to return it i would, but the box is huge and heavy. not happy that they sent me the wrong item. first time this has happened with woot to me

dirwood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dirwood

I placed my order early on in the sale (read: LONG before the hammock AND the stand were sold out). 2.5 weeks later, no shipping notice but now I'm told my order was canceled because you don't have the item in stock?

What's the deal with this woot? And no, the 30-day $5 coupon offered does not help this out. Thanks, but no thanks.

setfree

quality posts: 0 Private Messages setfree

Same here. I ordered very early and have been waiting for my hammock and stand to arrive. I have to area ready to install it and have been eager to receive. Now, Woot sends me a short email saying they are out of stock and offer a $5 off coupon. Big mistake Woot. You under value your customer and the mistake you made. No more orders from me if this is the way you do business.

dirwood wrote:I placed my order early on in the sale (read: LONG before the hammock AND the stand were sold out). 2.5 weeks later, no shipping notice but now I'm told my order was canceled because you don't have the item in stock?

What's the deal with this woot? And no, the 30-day $5 coupon offered does not help this out. Thanks, but no thanks.