koriley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages koriley

Amazing story, seconds after placing an order I realized I had my old work address as the ship to address, which was shutdown two years ago, and I have since re-loacted to another state. Anyway, seconds after I placed the order, I wrote to WOOT service requesting that the shipping address be changed. Ten hours later, they responded saying that because they're so effieicent they could help me becaue the order was already processed. Net-net, I'm out of pocket a few hundered dollars because WOOT had no means to alter an order. Poor customer support. Can't believe this is the way a consumer business operates, . but I can learn from this by making sure my business doesn't do what WOOT does. Anyone know the phone number for WOOT? I like to understand their startegy by talking to them so I don't make the mistakes they've made. Thanks for the help in advance

lichme

quality posts: 3178 Private Messages lichme
koriley wrote:Amazing story, seconds after placing an order I realized I had my old work address as the ship to address, which was shutdown two years ago, and I have since re-loacted to another state. Anyway, seconds after I placed the order, I wrote to WOOT service requesting that the shipping address be changed. Ten hours later, they responded saying that because they're so effieicent they could help me becaue the order was already processed. Net-net, I'm out of pocket a few hundered dollars because WOOT had no means to alter an order. Poor customer support. Can't believe this is the way a consumer business operates, . but I can learn from this by making sure my business doesn't do what WOOT does. Anyone know the phone number for WOOT? I like to understand their startegy by talking to them so I don't make the mistakes they've made. Thanks for the help in advance

Here is the reason why they cannot alter your order. Once it is placed, often very quickly a label is printed and put in a pool with thousands of other labels. After the label is printed, there is pretty much no way to find it and stop the order from being shipped.

If the package at the old address gets refused/sent back to woot, they will be able to issue a refund. (Maybe find out who is at that address now, if it is a company, give them a heads up).

There isn't really a customer support number for woot unfortunately. Somebody may come in here with more assistance/information, but that is generally how I understand the process to work.

Good luck!

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space