WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

TV Stands

TV on the floor = hitman hiding out in a vacant apartment near his target. TV on milk crates = college dropout whose parents think he's still going to class. TV on tottering column of broken TVs = hoarder. TV on one of these TV stands = well-adjusted, productive citizen.

Quality Posts

bobbi333

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobbi333

Does anyone know the real dimensions of the Baxton Studio FTV-4122 Tosato TV Stand & Media Cabinet?

The specs on the page say:
Specifications
Overall Dimensions:
6.5" W X 20" D x 28.5" H
Weight: 140 lbs.

And on Baxton's site it says:
Dimensions: Overall: 56.5?? W X 20?? D x 28.5?? H

The space I would to put this in is just a little smaller than 5.5 feet and I want to make sure it will fit. Thanks in advance!

*I'm a wishful thinker with the worst intentions*

>>> I'm not antisocial, I just don't like you <<<

lvshopping

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lvshopping
bobbi333 wrote:Does anyone know the real dimensions of the Baxton Studio FTV-4122 Tosato TV Stand & Media Cabinet?

The specs on the page say:
Specifications
Overall Dimensions:
6.5" W X 20" D x 28.5" H
Weight: 140 lbs.

And on Baxton's site it says:
Dimensions: Overall: 56.5?? W X 20?? D x 28.5?? H

The space I would to put this in is just a little smaller than 5.5 feet and I want to make sure it will fit. Thanks in advance!

The dimensions should be:

Product dimension: 56.5 inches wide X 20 inches deep x 28.5 inches high
'Storage rack attached with cabinet doors (6 in total ): Upper rack: 17.8 inches wide X 6.5 inches deep x 5 inches high
'Middle and Lower rack: 17.8 inches wide X 6.5 inches deep x 8 inches high
'Shelf behind cabinet doors (6 in total ): 18 inches wide X 10.8 inches deep x 7 inches high
'Central open compartment with removable shelf: Upper shelf 17.8 inches wide x 19.2 inches deep x 6 inches high
'Lower shelf 17.8 inches wide x 19.2 inches deep x 8.5 inches high
'Drawer under the central compartment :15.7 inches wide x 15 inches deep x 5 inches high

cleslie7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cleslie7

Is this SEI San Santo TV stand mahogany? Picture looks lighter wood

Pufferfishy

quality posts: 38 Private Messages Pufferfishy

I bought the "Segments" stand a while back, and am quite pleased with the quality for the price.

But it is HEAVY! You won't be moving this one often.

I thought assembling it on my own would be tough, but it wasn't so bad (but I'm a pretty strong dude). 2 people would certainly make it easier.

It comes with a ton of extra bits and pieces for mounting any monitor you might have. I put a 52" on it and it looks awesome.

Here's a pic just after loading in my gear, before hanging the monitor (that definitely needs 2 people)

You've been put on posting probation for this post

bobbi333

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobbi333
lvshopping wrote:The dimensions should be:

'Storage rack attached with cabinet doors (6 in total ): Upper rack: 17.8 inches wide X 6.5 inches deep x 5 inches high
'Shelf behind cabinet doors (6 in total ): 18 inches wide X 10.8 inches deep x 7 inches high
'Central open compartment with removable shelf: Upper shelf 17.8 inches wide x 19.2 inches deep x 6 inches high
'Drawer under the central compartment :15.7 inches wide x 15 inches deep x 5 inches high

Thank you!

*I'm a wishful thinker with the worst intentions*

>>> I'm not antisocial, I just don't like you <<<

bluestonex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bluestonex
Pufferfishy wrote:I bought the "Segments" stand a while back, and am quite pleased with the quality for the price.

But it is HEAVY! You won't be moving this one often.

I thought assembling it on my own would be tough, but it wasn't so bad (but I'm a pretty strong dude). 2 people would certainly make it easier.

It comes with a ton of extra bits and pieces for mounting any monitor you might have. I put a 52" on it and it looks awesome.

Here's a pic just after loading in my gear, before hanging the monitor (that definitely needs 2 people)

cool, what is the distance between shelves? looks much smaller in your picture than the advertised picture. i would like to fit a Polk CSI A6 with 6" drivers and it looks like you have a center with 4" drivers that barely fits.

drinkysr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drinkysr

SEI MS9870 Narita Espresso Media Stand

Maybe an obvious question: What is this made out of? Solid wood? "solids and veneers"? MDF? Sculpey clay?

snarkygal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages snarkygal

Always read the Specs page for info like this.

drinkysr wrote:SEI MS9870 Narita Espresso Media Stand

Maybe an obvious question: What is this made out of? Solid wood? "solids and veneers"? MDF? Sculpey clay?

Jpellizzi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jpellizzi
drinkysr wrote:SEI MS9870 Narita Espresso Media Stand

I was wondering the same thing... I just purchased it. Based on Amazon reviews of other things in the SEI Narita Espresso line, it seems to be 'Chinese Red Oak'. The main pieces are real finished wood, not MDF or particle board, but some pieces are (I'm guessing the interior shelves).

That's the most information I can find. They all have really good reviews though across the board and everyone says they're sturdy and look great.

Pufferfishy

bluestonex wrote:cool, what is the distance between shelves? looks much smaller in your picture than the advertised picture. i would like to fit a Polk CSI A6 with 6" drivers and it looks like you have a center with 4" drivers that barely fits.

Unfortunately I am traveling and can't actually measure - but my center channel is a Klipsch RC-52 and it is 6.8" alone - and while it is not apparent I have the "foot" installed that angles the speaker up. I would say the shelves are at least 9" apart, maybe closer to 10". My receiver (upper right) is a Yamaha RX-A3010 and it's 7.5" tall and there is easily 2" or more above it.

Given that the assembled unit is listed at 22" high I think 10" shelf is pretty accurate. And they are nice and deep - it's not obvious but there are two 2U rack mount power conditioners tucked in the back on the bottom shelf.

Pufferfishy

It's still a crap iPhone image, but here's the same picture cropped a little closer (click for actual size)

elizabeth724

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elizabeth724
lvshopping wrote:The dimensions should be:

Thanks for all the info.

bigfrank

quality posts: 10 Private Messages bigfrank

This is holding up a Samsung 60 inch Plasma. Looks Great!

join me in the hot tub at www.bigfrankshottub.com