WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Skechers and Sharper Image Luggage

Got baggage in your life bringing you down? Maybe you'd be better off with luggage! And then you can put your baggage in your luggage. You'll still have baggage, but you won't see it because it'll be in your luggage. See? Problem solved!

Antennapedia

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Antennapedia

Do we have any weight specs on these? Overweight penalties are STEEP and you need every little but of cut weight, especially with those larger bags. How much of my 50 (or whatever) lbs am I losing to the bag itself?

dschlei

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dschlei

How do the compare to the quality of Samosonite cases? Neither Sketchers nor Sharper Image are famous luagage companies!
What is the weight of the individual pieces, how are the done in the inside?

raven4th

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raven4th

Is there somewhere we can find ratings/reviews for these luggage sets? I can't find them on the websites for either Sketchers or Sharper Image...?

biggoron

quality posts: 11 Private Messages biggoron

cool! Lego luggage

Quality post? Me??

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Antennapedia wrote:Do we have any weight specs on these? Overweight penalties are STEEP and you need every little but of cut weight, especially with those larger bags. How much of my 50 (or whatever) lbs am I losing to the bag itself?

I'm sorry. We don't have samples and our vendor hasn't been able to supply this information yet.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

don't have one

quality posts: 0 Private Messages don't have one

Plastic or urethane wheels? I'd rather not rattle my fillings loose when going over concrete.

ophmarketing

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ophmarketing

Seriously? $780 list price for three small-ish pieces of luggage? Do they come pre-packed with really nice clothes?

nchetan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nchetan
dschlei wrote:How do the compare to the quality of Samosonite cases? Neither Sketchers nor Sharper Image are famous luagage companies!
What is the weight of the individual pieces, how are the done in the inside?

Not sure about the insides, here are some links that I found that state the weight.

28" = 10.45lbs
24" = 8.60 lbs
20" = 6.71 lbs

HTH.

dubdope

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dubdope

This is the company that makes them:

http://www.olivetintl.com/luggage.html

Looks to be a chinese company that makes products, then companies, such as sketchers come and put their labels on them.

kazper

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kazper
ophmarketing wrote:Seriously? $780 list price for three small-ish pieces of luggage? Do they come pre-packed with really nice clothes?

That was my thought, too. Who'd pay almost $800 for a luggage set? Maybe if I had unlimited money, but even then I'm sure there are much better options for less... Even at 150 I'm not sure this is a good deal, given that you don't exactly know the quality of the product. Pass!

patrice2

quality posts: 4 Private Messages patrice2

One's description says ABS plastic, the other says nothing--so I assume ABS, which is the cheapest, and stinkiest, material.

Polycarbonate is the hard stuff, and the harder the plastic the less it outgasses. Polypropylene is next...ABS is the least resistant to heat and smells bad to me when in sunlight...and, no, I do not consider spraying Fabreze to cover the odor acceptable (nor healthful.)

lwd01915

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lwd01915
ophmarketing wrote:Seriously? $780 list price for three small-ish pieces of luggage? Do they come pre-packed with really nice clothes?

I just googled them because they look nice but have to agree that MSRP of $780 is a bit much and no one is selling them for even close to that price.

ohsostrange

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ohsostrange

I'd love a hard shell bag, and these lego-looking ones are incredibly cute, but I can't find a single review for them anywhere. I'm not sure they're for sale anywhere but Woot, which is not a good sign.

Sandra Elliott

mellobeth66

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mellobeth66

Weight is a serious issue, one person said the larger piece was over 10 pounds. After I pack my clothes I won't have any space for my rum/ liquor and Souvenirs. I'll pass

pghboots

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pghboots

Only 386s who are totally out of touch with reality would sell luggage without weight limits! And, only 386s who have total lack of travel knowledge would purchase without a specified weight of product!

This is what happens when Amazon.com purchased Woot! We are not 386 consumers.

More Boots!

pghboots

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pghboots

Me thinks this must be "Re-Branded" luggage. Without weight on the specs I would hesitate to purchase!

More Boots!

jcassens5

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jcassens5

I have a small, 20" carry-on size suitcase with Polycarbonate ABS shell material. I have traveled several times with it and it did fairly well on about 8 or 10 flights and did not smell AT ALL. I also wheeled it around Japan for 3 weeks with no issue.

Then I took it on a Spirit Airlines flight and it came out with a 5 inch tear in the material at the top...

They advertise this stuff to be a good alternative to the hard case, because the flexible ABS material bends and reshapes rather than leaving dents and deformation. Obviously the stuff can tear though. I'm actually still quite happy with my purchase here if you want to see a similar product in the same category of quality that I purchased:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001DWNGMI/ref=oh_details_o08_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1