Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 2943 Private Messages lichme

Item: LED Lenser T7 175 Lumen Flashlight
Price: $21.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
12/11/2012 - $29.00 (Woot-off) - 7 comment(s)

12/14/2012 - $29.00 (Woot Plus)
12/3/2012 - $29.00 (Woot Plus)

lichme

quality posts: 2943 Private Messages lichme

thumperchick

quality posts: 241 Private Messages thumperchick

dostone

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dostone

Lots of lumens, but at a terrible cost. Only 1hour battery life on high??? Lighting road flares would be cheaper.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3537 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Some additional info can be found over at ledlenser.com

mdnorman

quality posts: 50 Private Messages mdnorman

Hey, it's three dollars cheaper now!

Oh... My mistake; this is the T7, not the P7.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3537 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Let's watch this flashlight get unboxed

alanhwoot

quality posts: 38 Private Messages alanhwoot
dostone wrote:Lots of lumens, but at a terrible cost. Only 1hour battery life on high??? Lighting road flares would be cheaper.

Yeah, give me something that takes D cells.

Tomssw

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Tomssw

Thats a good price for that light, my biggest problem is how many do I buy...

mybestuser1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mybestuser1

Some good info.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?222803-led-lenser-t7
edit: link trouble

Nothing is free but if you are lucky it can be inexpensive.

GenHacker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GenHacker

Well, from what I am reading, T7 is the same as the P7 with the only difference being a slight weight increase and slightly longer with the T7 light. Other then that they seem to spec out the same. So, $3.00 cheaper it looks like. The P7 I just received and it is a pretty freakin` bright light. (Freak in= don't shine into eyes) focus is nice and smooth and the light has some nice weight to it with the batteries in. Knurled handle for grip, but as noted, no flat spot to keep it from rolling. however, the wrist lanyard clip area does seem to keep it from rolling past that area. So, nice light and would recommend at this point.

tim74

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tim74

Still no flashdarks?

*sigh*

Dr. Suess lied to me.

neonenergy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages neonenergy
dostone wrote:Lots of lumens, but at a terrible cost. Only 1hour battery life on high??? Lighting road flares would be cheaper.

This is a -flash-light, not a light!

jzmacdaddy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jzmacdaddy

Only 175? Meh. I'll stick with my 650 lumen one I got at home depot for the same price. It might be longer (5 C batteries), but it's built very well, and bright as hell. And don't even mention those china ones that advertise being 1500+ lumen. I've bought 2 different ones, none are brighter than the home depot one.

AerodexdotCom

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AerodexdotCom

I have this one from a previous woot $29. Nice light, well worth the price.

However what they call "Dynamic Switch technology" is not at all what I excepted.

It always go to high, then the next full click-push puts it in low...you can then push the switch a little way in to go back to high...if you release it goes back to low....looks to be just a gap in the spring loaded switch travel and is tedious to use. I just click from one mode to another...

A

AerodexdotCom

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AerodexdotCom
jzmacdaddy wrote:Only 175? Meh. I'll stick with my 650 lumen one I got at home depot for the same price. It might be longer (5 C batteries), but it's built very well, and bright as hell.

The current one is VERY well built as well. This one is handy, and slips easely into pants pocket...I bet your 5 C cell light takes some very deeeeep pockets. ;)

A

drkal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drkal

After owning many of the 1000+ lumen dx models, this IS my GO TO flashlight.It isn't great for "throw", but this torch is the best thing since sliced bread. The adjustable beam takes and improves upon what made our old maglites wonderful. This isn't regulated: it isn't perfect, but it WILL be the the best torch you've held if you think mags are the end all and be all This is a great deal on a great flashlight .. buy more than one. I have several light "cannons", yet these are the ones I give as gifts and have around the house,

DJhaughey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DJhaughey

I bit, in for three! Hope they are great. I love the mag light mini. We'll see I guess...

lorenzodemedici

quality posts: 37 Private Messages lorenzodemedici

These are great little flashlights for around the house and occasional use. Bright and the focusing feature works very well. One hour run time is plenty is you only use it for a minute once a week. I can change batteries once a year, no problem.

unclemuchie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages unclemuchie

in for 1

stephil68

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stephil68

I'd love to have the Lenser, but I don't know why they left off the little sharpie thingys on the front of the flashlight. You know, those things meant for self defense, but would actually just make an attacker real mad at you.

yeahbuddy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yeahbuddy
drkal wrote:After owning many of the 1000+ lumen dx models, this IS my GO TO flashlight.It isn't great for "throw", but this torch is the best thing since sliced bread. The adjustable beam takes and improves upon what made our old maglites wonderful. This isn't regulated: it isn't perfect, but it WILL be the the best torch you've held if you think mags are the end all and be all This is a great deal on a great flashlight .. buy more than one. I have several light "cannons", yet these are the ones I give as gifts and have around the house,

sorry, but this sounds too much like an ad from a shill than an ordinary customer.

david223

quality posts: 2 Private Messages david223

About six months ago I bought the lesser model "Tac Torch" and to be honest it's one of the items I've bought that I'm really pleased with. You can feel it's not cheap junk, it's quality made. If I didn't have the "Tac Torch" I would buy this "T7" in a heartbeat.

The batteries do go fairly quickly. But think about this, it's a small flashlight using small batteries but it throws out a lot of light. You can buy a flashlight using "C or D" batteries and they will last longer but consider the large size. These smaller flashlights are VERY convenient and easily fit in your pocket.

3goldens

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 3goldens

Not much of a deal. Almost the same price on amazon., suppose that makes sense now doesn't it!

mybestuser1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mybestuser1
3goldens wrote:Not much of a deal. Almost the same price on amazon., suppose that makes sense now doesn't it!

The deal on Amazon is not prime/supersaver shipping as far as I can see and adds about $5 shipping to the price + shipping from woot

Nothing is free but if you are lucky it can be inexpensive.

paulpnevada

quality posts: 26 Private Messages paulpnevada

What is the diameter of the body?

phoenix12

quality posts: 7 Private Messages phoenix12
david223 wrote:About six months ago I bought the lesser model "Tac Torch" and to be honest it's one of the items I've bought

Same goes for me, the Tac Torch 100 is a great little light, I would expect this one to be equally nice.

RPaulG87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RPaulG87

Just THROWING THIS OUT THERE but you could get the Guard Dog 160 LUMEN (very compact) flash light for 45-50$ + free shipping on Amazon and it also has a SUPER powerful taser....I love my Lenser, but the Guarddog kills it light wise AND has a taser which just the sound of activating it is scary lol

Nesher

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Nesher
yeahbuddy wrote:sorry, but this sounds too much like an ad from a shill than an ordinary customer.

1) I am not a flashlight shill, not even a flashlight geek/enthusiast.

2)Got three of these last time. Love 'em.

3) Incredibly bright, easy focus. Size makes it easy to put in my pocket, or use the case on my belt. Size also means it is easy to pack for travel. Since it uses AAA batteries, I suppose I could throw some in my pocket as well, and get more time that way. Can't see doing that with a C battery powered light. On the other hand, a good solid C or D powered flashlight also works as a baton for self-defense.

showcaller

quality posts: 33 Private Messages showcaller
RPaulG87 wrote:Just THROWING THIS OUT THERE but you could get the Guard Dog 160 LUMEN (very compact) flash light for 45-50$ + free shipping on Amazon and it also has a SUPER powerful taser....I love my Lenser, but the Guarddog kills it light wise AND has a taser which just the sound of activating it is scary lol

If I am not mistaken I bought two of the Guard Dogs for less than what these are going for here on Woot. Yes, they are amazing. I keep one in the car and one for my bike. It is bright! I know because if it is focused to high I get yelled at by drivers. The advantage with this one though is that it is focusable and it goes from spot to flood. That would be a huge advantage if I didn't have the Guard Dogs, these would be great.

1zilla1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 1zilla1

This is one great performer at a great price. As a retired airline mechanic & inspector I have gone through my share of flashlights. Collectively, we searched for the best flashlight that would hold up to our rigorous work & left wanting. This flashlight is at the top of the many LED's I have sampled over the short period that they have been available & by far out class the old clunky D cell lights of yesteryear. I remember one model that was a 5 D cell krypton bulb that would be like a lighted match compared to this T-7 !