brianmai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brianmai
jakster30 wrote:I bot a 47" one a few weeks ago and all I had was problems...it came damaged, one HDMI port was broken then one day later the other HDMI port is dead...called woot, worst return policy and terrible customer service...I would have to ship it to them for $85 dollars and they would fix it...what?! really? the TV is less than 3 days old!...so I called LG and they're sending down a guy to fix it...that was 2 weeks ago!..NOT worth saving 50 dollars at woot! I would never buy any electronics from Woot again! You have been warned!

I bought the refurb 55 inch Visio two weeks ago, when I opened the box, I wasn't too thrilled with the condition. I emailed their customer service and they sent me a return label to ship the tv back in less than 24 hours. I always thought woot customer service is always top notch even some of their products are questionable.

nikhilgupta

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nikhilgupta

Does this product has only 90 days woot warranty and no manufacturer warranty?

lanewid

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lanewid
maverick007 wrote:People who have bought LED TV from WOOT earlier, can you advise, if they send the product in the default FACTORY BOX and packaging
OR
they use their own packaging? If their own, is that packed securely? Can it be carried in flight (without risk of damage)

Also,
Have read mixed response on cosmetic condition of Refurb.
Does refurb look used (a lot of mark n scratches n blemishes)
or its just (may be) 1 -2 tiny ones, hard to notice

Appreciate your kind advise

I bought the 55" from the last woot offering a few weeks ago. The shipping was very slow - it took me about 10 days to get it, and I never heard boo from woot.com about the tracking. Finally, they posted something about where we could find our tracking, I called the number, and it was delivered.

When delivered - it came in a generic large television box, no branding or anything, just BNA across the top (the Nashville airport). It was packaged very very well, in my opinion, especially for a third party packaging. Nothing was scratched on mine, came with the screen covered with a plastic film, the bevels covered with a similar film. All the parts were included, all the screws for the stand were there, and most importantly. Everything worked. I've had it in the house now for about 10 days and no problems whatsoever.

3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

valicious

quality posts: 1 Private Messages valicious

The 47" model is $448 over at Walmart with free shipping. I'm getting it there, easier to exchange if there's any problems.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/LG-47LS4500-47-1080p-120Hz-Edge-2D-LED-1.4-ultra-slim-HDTV-Refurbished/22616008

scott44113

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scott44113
valicious wrote:The 47" model is $448 over at Walmart with free shipping. I'm getting it there, easier to exchange if there's any problems.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/LG-47LS4500-47-1080p-120Hz-Edge-2D-LED-1.4-ultra-slim-HDTV-Refurbished/22616008

Thanks for this. Looks like I'll have to pay the extra since Woot won't sell me one.

jshagam

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jshagam
whatsamattaU wrote:The usual response:

[...]

Hope this helps.

Holy crap, dude, congratulations on your 2^10th quality post.

craig616

quality posts: 5 Private Messages craig616
sonicwav wrote:Some people are not convinced the 47" is actually 120Hz, and also say that the TruMotion doesn't function correctly on this model and cannot be adjusted in settings like other TruMotion TVs.

Link: http://answers.lg.com/answers/7676/product/MD05010600/lg-electronics-47ls4500-questions-answers/questions.htm?sort=helpfulq

I have experience with this tv, I purchased new for the 120hz. This tv is only 60hz, do not let the true motion fool you please, do not do what I did. I di finally return the tv after 20 min on the phone with LG, when the CSR finally admitted to me that YES this tv is only 60hz, they just put 120hz on the box because it has true motion, but the truemotion does not work like it is supposed to. Great picture though if you want a
led tv that is 60hz, but the tv will NEVER be 120hz. I am not bad mouthing this tv at all the quality is great, it's just not what they say. FYI only

brarjs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brarjs

Woot the *****? This exact model (55") is available on samsclub.com for $598. And that is not refurbished!

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1070 Private Messages whatsamattaU
brarjs wrote:Woot the *****? This exact model (55") is available on samsclub.com for $598. And that is not refurbished!

Can you help with a link, please? I'm looking at Sam's Club now and can't find that 55" model over there. Thanks.

Woody1

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Woody1
brarjs wrote:Woot the *****? This exact model (55") is available on samsclub.com for $598. And that is not refurbished!

Yeah but they are out of stock or not available in the club so after the shipping and tax they run about $689.06 (in my cart). Of course the $100 difference give you a new unit with 1 year warranty and easy web exchange or local return to any local club is nice.....

800+ woots! - Talk to the Square or don't

bkkeys

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bkkeys

Bought the 47inch a few weeks ago from woot. I bought a 37 inch refurb Vizio last year from woot, so I figured I'd give this one a shot. A few dead pixels and a ton of backlight bleed in the lower corners that is easy to notice during the day.

maverick007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maverick007
lanewid wrote:I bought the 55" from the last woot offering a few weeks ago.
When delivered - it came in a generic large television box, no branding or anything, just BNA across the top (the Nashville airport). It was packaged very very well, in my opinion, especially for a third party packaging. Everything worked. I've had it in the house now for about 10 days and no problems whatsoever.

Hi

Can u advise, how big was the packaging was
I plan to buy 47" TV but want to carry with me on flight.

The factory box will be allowed to be carried, but anything too big from it, will not be

Can u please advise, amd share your experience abt the packaging

brarjs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brarjs
Woody1 wrote:Yeah but they are out of stock or not available in the club so after the shipping and tax they run about $689.06 (in my cart). Of course the $100 difference give you a new unit with 1 year warranty and easy web exchange or local return to any local club is nice.....

The difference will be about $44. $49 for Samsclub.com shipping minus $5 for Woot shipping. But for $44 more you get an Un-refurbished TV, the manufacturer's guarantee and the ability to return it to a local store. It is only available online and last I checked, they were still available.

lanewid

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lanewid
maverick007 wrote:Hi

Can u advise, how big was the packaging was
I plan to buy 47" TV but want to carry with me on flight.

The factory box will be allowed to be carried, but anything too big from it, will not be

Can u please advise, amd share your experience abt the packaging

Well, again, I bought the 55", so its considerably larger. It was large enough where it could not be moved easily by one person. The only reason I could move it was because I dragged it across the floor. I would not have been able to lift it myself in the box. I'd say it was easily 5-6 feet wide, and at least 18 inches thick.

3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

theglassrat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages theglassrat

I'm using the 47" now. Works great. Picture settings are definitely strange out of the box but I had my roommate (he works in video production) help me tune it and the quality is now top-notch. It *IS* possible to turn off TruMotion on this (although it's hidden under a completely unrelated-sounding menu item - so unrelated I now forget the name of it).

Definitely a mixed experience buying refurb TVs from Woot in general though - I just sent back TWO that were sent to dead on arrival (Hisense, not LG) and still waiting on my refund. Had to pay $80 to ship them back and Woot hasn't answered me about reimbursing that cost.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 167 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

theglassrat wrote:I'm using the 47" now. Works great. Picture settings are definitely strange out of the box but I had my roommate (he works in video production) help me tune it and the quality is now top-notch. It *IS* possible to turn off TruMotion on this (although it's hidden under a completely unrelated-sounding menu item - so unrelated I now forget the name of it).

Definitely a mixed experience buying refurb TVs from Woot in general though - I just sent back TWO that were sent to dead on arrival (Hisense, not LG) and still waiting on my refund. Had to pay $80 to ship them back and Woot hasn't answered me about reimbursing that cost.

I recommend that you check the spam folder of your email provider as sometimes their responses get filtered there.

They most likely have received your return(s) and are processing them. It usually takes 7-10 business days to receive a refund (depending on your banking institution)

Jayrene

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jayrene

is this a smart tv?

Jayrene Reynolds

zdecker

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zdecker
scott44113 wrote:Thanks for the suggestion, but I did that. A couple times, actually.
I've used my mother's name (as it appears on card), billing address, shipping address, and even her residence/billing phone number, which is a major inconvenience, actually. But I tried it anyway.

Still no joy.

Did you get this resolved?
I bought the 55" model the last time, and I received similar denials. I was able to complete the purchase using a different credit card.
It turned out the the credit card company had flagged the purchase of a 55" TV from woot as suspicious and had deactivated my card!

If this didn't resolve itself somehow, you may want to call your credit card company and make sure the same thing didn't happen to you. Otherwise you might be out and need to buy gas (or something) and have your card not work there too.

jnimtz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jnimtz

For anyone else having an issue with the tracking link provided by Woot:
In response to my query, Woot Customer Service sent me a link to this site:

http://harmony.myseko.com/Track

Plug in your tracking number there.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jnimtz wrote:For anyone else having an issue with the tracking link provided by Woot:
In response to my query, Woot Customer Service sent me a link to this site:

http://harmony.myseko.com/Track

Plug in your tracking number there.

Thanks for sharing! Your tracking is WTxxxxxxx where xxxxxx is your order number.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

kurtm85

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kurtm85
ThunderThighs wrote:Thanks for sharing! Your tracking is WTxxxxxxx where xxxxxx is your order number.

Seko is being really slow on the delivery. The order shipped on the 26th with 3-5 day delivery. So it's supposed to be delivered tomorrow but a truck won't be in my area until Friday July 5th. So I'll get the TV 2 days late even though the TV is sitting in their distribution center 30 minutes away. Woot needs a new shipping partner.

Woot Woot!

xtreker15

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xtreker15

Anyone else's come smashed?

ROGETRAY

Staff

xtreker15 wrote:Anyone else's come smashed?

I'm sorry to hear that your order arrived in poor condition.
I recommend that you write into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know.
They'll be more than happy to help resolve the issue.

xtreker15

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xtreker15
ROGETRAY wrote:I'm sorry to hear that your order arrived in poor condition.
I recommend that you write into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know.
They'll be more than happy to help resolve the issue.

I did still waiting for a response. It would appear as though it was the base/stand that was loose in the box that did the tv in.

jra801

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jra801

I talked my mother-in-law into buying the 55" version as her first woot (this is her account). Im posting this on her behalf in hopes of getting some help. She was happy with the deal, and not so happy with the customer service (or how long the shipping took, but that is to be expected with a freight item).

She received the TV on the weekend of July 4th, and purchased it to have at her cabin where she only uses it on weekends. On sunday, when she went to turn it off, it kept turning back on after the red light flashed several times. She was eventually able to get it to turn off, but then had a great deal of difficulty getting it to turn back on. It would turn on, then back off.

She called customer service, as it is obviously within the 90 day woot warranty, and they stated it sounded like a board was bad. Woot told her to ship it back (at her own expense) and they would fix it. I have bought two TV's myself on here the last few years (and luckily never had a problem with them) but have watched the forums for the problems other people have had. I have seen, several times, where people were sent return shipping labels and were not required to pay the shipping themselves.

Im just wondering what other people have had, and hoping one of the moderators will chime in with some help. I dont think its right that a TV that has been used for a total of 10-12 days, and then goes bad, should have to be shipped back at her expense. I can guarantee that if she has to pay for the shipping, she will never purchase anything from woot again, and I doubt I will either.

ROGETRAY

Staff

jra801 wrote:I talked my mother-in-law into buying the 55" version as her first woot (this is her account). Im posting this on her behalf in hopes of getting some help. She was happy with the deal, and not so happy with the customer service (or how long the shipping took, but that is to be expected with a freight item).

She received the TV on the weekend of July 4th, and purchased it to have at her cabin where she only uses it on weekends. On sunday, when she went to turn it off, it kept turning back on after the red light flashed several times. She was eventually able to get it to turn off, but then had a great deal of difficulty getting it to turn back on. It would turn on, then back off.

She called customer service, as it is obviously within the 90 day woot warranty, and they stated it sounded like a board was bad. Woot told her to ship it back (at her own expense) and they would fix it. I have bought two TV's myself on here the last few years (and luckily never had a problem with them) but have watched the forums for the problems other people have had. I have seen, several times, where people were sent return shipping labels and were not required to pay the shipping themselves.

Im just wondering what other people have had, and hoping one of the moderators will chime in with some help. I dont think its right that a TV that has been used for a total of 10-12 days, and then goes bad, should have to be shipped back at her expense. I can guarantee that if she has to pay for the shipping, she will never purchase anything from woot again, and I doubt I will either.

Sorry for the late reply and to also hear that you're experiencing issues returning your defective television.

I will forward you post along to Woot Member Services and see if I can't find you a resolve.

You will either receive an email response form WMS or I will post here with any further information I find.

Thank you for you patience in this matter.

jra801

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jra801

Not sure why you are apologizing for a late reply, by the time stamps you responded in less than an hour. I appreciate you getting back to me, and I hope we can resolve this. As of today (8/9/13) at 4pm we have not yet recieved a response from WMS. Could you please check with them? Thank you.

ROGETRAY wrote:Sorry for the late reply and to also hear that you're experiencing issues returning your defective television.

I will forward you post along to Woot Member Services and see if I can't find you a resolve.

You will either receive an email response form WMS or I will post here with any further information I find.

Thank you for you patience in this matter.

ROGETRAY

Staff

jra801 wrote:Not sure why you are apologizing for a late reply, by the time stamps you responded in less than an hour. I appreciate you getting back to me, and I hope we can resolve this. As of today (8/9/13) at 4pm we have not yet recieved a response from WMS. Could you please check with them? Thank you.

I usually try and reply within 30-40 minutes from a post.

I haven't heard anything back from Woot Member Services.
I am pinging them again, if I don't hear anything back I'll escalate this to the WMS Manager.

Thanks again for your patience during this matter.

thumpn19

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thumpn19

Found out 6 months after purchase that my HDMI port 2 does not work. Contacted LG and was pretty much told out of warranty and out of luck. Be sure to test everything as soon as you get it! Good picture, not big sound though.

banyaswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages banyaswoot

Bought the TV in June 2013 ... Now I am stuck with a big paper weight. The screen is out and appears to be nonfunctional. Called Woot ... they laughed at me. Called LG and they said that since Woot is not an authorized refurbisher that I should get laughed at some more. I will never buy an electronic refurbished anything from Woot. Not a happy customer.

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 128 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

banyaswoot wrote:Bought the TV in June 2013 ... Now I am stuck with a big paper weight. The screen is out and appears to be nonfunctional. Called Woot ... they laughed at me. Called LG and they said that since Woot is not an authorized refurbisher that I should get laughed at some more. I will never buy an electronic refurbished anything from Woot. Not a happy customer.

I'm very sorry, this TV only came with a 90 day Woot warranty.