lnjelinek

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lnjelinek
giant68 wrote:I'm 6' 8"... I'll NEVER find these in my size 15W. (They never have a woot shirt in 3XLT either)

It sucks (sometimes) to be a tall guy in an average guys world...

I'm a 6'1 female... I ordered "the longest size you have" uniform pants. Let down, too short. My g suit should fit someone up to 6'5... At the border of not long enough as well... Tall people problems.

That being said, i wear a women's 11 in shoes. At least i have the option of getting about a 9.5 in men's.

economical

quality posts: 0 Private Messages economical
popmaster wrote:Does anyone know how these fit? I wear an 11 ASIC but I've heard you are supposed to buy these smaller, any help would be great!

iwantamonkey

quality posts: 5 Private Messages iwantamonkey

Stupid internet eplorer.

My wife wanted some. So I ordered. (In for one!) And then I wanted some for me. (In for two!) But it only showed the pink available in my size, so I passed on mine. (In for just one.)

Then (after order was placed) I looked and saw my color WAS available, my internet just didn't update the new colors earlier. So I got myself a pair as well. (Back to 'In for two!') But now I get charged twice for shipping.

I miss the old $5 unlocks your shipping for the day. But I do not blame you, Woot. Nay, I lay the blame squarely with my work. We can not update our software here and as such, I am using IE 7. Yes, 7. I checked.

lacotomo

quality posts: 11 Private Messages lacotomo
Hodakaroadtoad wrote:I can't say I would ever buy any of these toe shoes for every day wear, but I'm going to try these water ones. I buy those crappy $10 ones at WalMart and destroy them in one or two swims.

Now, if Woot had a deal on some for kids, I'd be all over them. I destroy them, but my daughter appears to drop a nuclear bomb on her water shoes.

+1 I second that. I put it in the budget to buy some every vacation, because the ones from last vacation are either already destroyed, or they fall apart the first day we are there, forcing me to spend more at the tourist trap stores.

lnjelinek

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lnjelinek

also, does anybody have "weird" toes where they're long (better balance!) and the second toe is longer than your first, innermost toe? how do they fit for y'all?

rowdyred94

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rowdyred94

An interesting article on these: http://birthdayshoes.com/review-fila-skele-toes-four-toed-shoes

emlefevers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emlefevers
lnjelinek wrote:also, does anybody have "weird" toes where they're long (better balance!) and the second toe is longer than your first, innermost toe? how do they fit for y'all?

This is my question too. I have such weird toes :/

sunshinemc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sunshinemc

I would love a pair but I don't wear pink. I like that they combined the two little toes since I've broken my baby toe several times kicking furniture legs.

Can we get better colors in women's sizes? That color always makes me think of a breast cancer awareness campaign.

dh4645

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dh4645

my wife wanted them for jetskiing since she doesnt have water shoes like i do.

i bought us both a pair that have the velcro strap. always wanted to try them, but they were always too expensive IMO.

we'll wear them for jetskiing, camping, walking in the stream/creek, etc.

not sure if we will wear them around for yard work like some people on Amazon say..i have steel-toed Timberlands for that.

i guess i could wear them to ride the tractor to mow the lawn instead of my flip-flops.

donslin

quality posts: 3 Private Messages donslin

Maybe I'm just too old but I think these things are ridiculous.
I would think they would be hard to get on and get all your toes in the right spaces and it seems they'd be hot and uncomfortable. If the toes are at all tight they would make your toes sore to rub against the sides.
Crocs for walking along or in the water or for water sports make a lot more sense to me.
But, like I said, maybe I'm just too d@mn old.

dh4645

donslin wrote:Maybe I'm just too old but I think these things are ridiculous.
I would think they would be hard to get on and get all your toes in the right spaces and it seems they'd be hot and uncomfortable. If the toes are at all tight they would make your toes sore to rub against the sides.
Crocs for walking along or in the water or for water sports make a lot more sense to me.
But, like I said, maybe I'm just too d@mn old.

how old are u?
the wife and i are 33 and are just trying them for fun since they were a decent price.
who knows, we may hate them, but we'll try em.

donslin

quality posts: 3 Private Messages donslin
dh4645 wrote:how old are u?
the wife and i are 33 and are just trying them for fun since they were a decent price.
who knows, we may hate them, but we'll try em.

Old enough that I can barely remember 33, lol.

dh4645

donslin wrote:Old enough that I can barely remember 33, lol.

ha, ok then.

babystewie

quality posts: 4 Private Messages babystewie
popmaster wrote:Does anyone know how these fit? I wear an 11 ASIC but I've heard you are supposed to buy these smaller, any help would be great!

I found them to be pretty close to true to size.

nutrageous

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nutrageous

I tried these on at Famous Footwear. They are comfortable, but I don't think I could be seen in them. They look very strange and have no protection against falling objects.

Rustyh3

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Rustyh3
lnjelinek wrote:also, does anybody have "weird" toes where they're long (better balance!) and the second toe is longer than your first, innermost toe? how do they fit for y'all?

Doesn't that mean you are a werewolf?

Are you a werewolf?

fogh8er

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fogh8er
jonni87 wrote:Oh but dearie, women like me (5'9") love you.

Dated a 6'10" man once and it was absolute heaven.

which one? The 6 or the 10???

dh4645

fogh8er wrote:which one? The 6 or the 10???

i see what u did there.
i'm only 6'2"
ha

jcknicely

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcknicely

DO they stretch enough for a 4E or EW foot?

crogs571

quality posts: 1 Private Messages crogs571

These are not running shoes people. The neoprene top won't hug well enough and the shoes will shift. Maybe the onw with the velcro strap, but if you want to run in this type of shoe, just get the vibrams. If you're just going for casual use you can probably go with either easily and just go off of style and price.

And style? Who cares, you're buying these for a purpose, not heading out shopping or to a restaurant. Seriously, who wears their water shoes out and about unless you have a pair that is sneaker like?

olorii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages olorii

Really... Just pink as a color choice for women? Guess I won't be buying a pair, personally I can't stand pink. Maybe next time?

br0ther06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages br0ther06

I figured for $25 why not try them? My feet are kinda zombie kinda inbred monster but I love going barefoot $25 isn't much to hide my secret foot shame

dh4645

br0ther06 wrote:I figured for $25 why not try them? My feet are kinda zombie kinda inbred monster but I love going barefoot $25 isn't much to hide my secret foot shame

yeah i figured for the price, we could at least try them...since i've wanted to for a while.
it's not like they're the $100 Vibrams

mrsjhaye

quality posts: 16 Private Messages mrsjhaye
spiker18c wrote:Just ordered these and wanna get some other things I thought shipping unlocks for the day..anyone know about that?

Now that it is the sucky basket thing it is for everything in your basket. You need to put all items in, then check out, I know, Woot! will never be as good as it once was

CDUAbove

quality posts: 6 Private Messages CDUAbove

Word of warning for those of you thinking about a purchase here.

If you're one of those that have limb grasping toes like mine. If your second toe is long enough to actually have three knuckles on it and extends well past the end of your "big" toe. If you (like me) wear a size 12 but would wear an 8 if not for your freakishly long, E.T. like toes...don't bother.

Ahhh, that's better.

tsukitensh

quality posts: 23 Private Messages tsukitensh
yoida803 wrote:Really?? Oh wow, guys actually have a choice for once. You know all those men only stores... Oh yeah NONE!

You women have soooo many female only stores n all the stores us guys have we gotta share too. Everyday theres women's selection of this and that. But we dont complain. So Output Machine Failing, Guys!, stop the world, for one day, and just one deal, on one DOD site, theres more of a selection for guys... What a nightmare!

Woah. Easy, there. The person you quoted wasn't making this about gender; you are. She specified women's shoes because, as a woman, that's what will fit best. She didn't compare it to what was available to men at all, she just expressed the wish that there were more options.

emlefevers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emlefevers
CDUAbove wrote:Word of warning for those of you thinking about a purchase here.

If you're one of those that have limb grasping toes like mine. If your second toe is long enough to actually have three knuckles on it and extends well past the end of your "big" toe. If you (like me) wear a size 12 but would wear an 8 if not for your freakishly long, E.T. like toes...don't bother.

Ahhh, that's better.

Darn this is what I was afraid of! Thanks for the picture, this would be me :[

spondee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spondee

The. Hell.

You people know that pink is not the only color in the world that women wear, right? I was going to buy some, but jeesus.

maronda4

quality posts: 3 Private Messages maronda4
emlefevers wrote:I have finger sized toes, then like a non-existent little toe. Anyone have experience with oddly shaped toes and wearing these?

I sadly do too, but I have a pair of these and love them! Nobody can see my ugly feet either!

maronda4

quality posts: 3 Private Messages maronda4

If your second toe is longer just be sure you get them sized right for your toes.

Omegamerc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Omegamerc

Bought two pairs one for me and my wife. I bought their standard pair that I use for yard work/gym and I love them. We both needed a pair of water shoes and I'm hoping they will perform just as well as the other pair!

m886

quality posts: 1 Private Messages m886

I have the same issue, the second toe being longer and long toes. Also Have the tall people issues that go along with what the others are saying but at 6'4" not so bad.

I bought the Vibram brand last time they were on and have a problem with the fit due to the longer second toe. I will have to go up one size next time to accommodate the toe problem. I just just tried on right now with the Fila socks Woot offered last week but they are too tight and will I be going back barefoot until I find the right size for long toe.

Even barefoot the right size, according to the charts, is a problem because of the second toe but I keep hoping they will break in. HTH

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

spiker18c wrote:Just ordered these and wanna get some other things I thought shipping unlocks for the day..anyone know about that?

not sure if your question has been answered, but just to be safe:

i'm afraid our $5/day shipping promotion is not currently in effect. we changed things a bit after we added our shopping cart feature. for the time being, it's $5 shipping per ORDER.

see here for more information.

sorry for the bad news. :/

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

spondee wrote:The. Hell.

You people know that pink is not the only color in the world that women wear, right? I was going to buy some, but jeesus.

alright, let's relax.

it's the color we had available in women's sizes for this sale. we're offering it.
it doesn't MEAN anything more than that.

there are many things to get incensed about on the internet. this is not one of them.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

rpm

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rpm
jonni87 wrote:Oh but dearie, women like me (5'9") love you.

Dated a 6'10" man once and it was absolute heaven.

Had a friend in college who was 6'2" - had a tough time dating until she met her 6'9" husband.

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

traquy

quality posts: 51 Private Messages traquy

for all those whining about the only pink womens color...are the mens version really that different? They look the same to me, and I was going to get the orange in a smaller mens size. Why would this not work?

Randy262

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Randy262

Do these run true to size? If one would need a 10.5, would they be better off ordering a 10 or an 11?

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
Randy262 wrote:Do these run true to size? If one would need a 10.5, would they be better off ordering a 10 or an 11?

On a previous offer, the specifications included:

Standard Width

*Fits true to size for the barefoot wearer. Order a half size up to accommodate socks.

These are a different model, but hopefully this should provide some insight into sizing!

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

amytobol

quality posts: 3 Private Messages amytobol
gandalas wrote:They changed it so that everything in your cart is now $5 shipping. So just add everything you want to the cart and check out all at once.

But this means I am less likely to come back later and buy more stuff.

amytobol

quality posts: 3 Private Messages amytobol
traquy wrote:for all those whining about the only pink womens color...are the mens version really that different? They look the same to me, and I was going to get the orange in a smaller mens size. Why would this not work?

That's what I did. I think it works out just fine. When there's a difference at all, mens' shoes tend to be roomier, especially the toe area, and I like to spread my toes, so I prefer it that way.