hirschman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hirschman

Bought one last month during a woot off, refurb as well. Looked brand new except for a couple small scratches. It is now my go to vacuum.
Lasts ~15 min on high (just like the specs say) and is AWESOME for pet hair. Works great on hardwoods, tile and area rugs, but can't comment on wall to wall carpet.

It is beautiful to just grab this and do a quick once over and not have to lug out the big vacuum. My best woot purchase so far!

Everbody

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Everbody
Ktreece wrote:Typical hipster comment.

This is the best handheld out there. Link me to another that you put up there with this one?

Did you hear about the hipster who burned his lips? Yeah, drank coffee before it was cool.

------------------------
Quid malmborg im Plano
------------------------

Prngr44

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Prngr44

I bought this at a prior Woot (also refurbed) and we love it.

It definitely is not a vacuum replacer, but chasing down cat hair and crumbs on the hardwood floors is a breeze. (I also have fun sucking up those bastard fruit flies that are all over the place right now.)

Our 5 year old thinks it's her vacuum and often runs around doing the work for us so it's also kid friendly. Bonus!

jmunzke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmunzke

We love ours. We have a 100 # Malamute who is always in some stage of molting. I think I paid 220.00 a couple years ago on Woot. A few tips: Clean the filter and beater bar once a month. Hang it on the charger AFTER the battery has cooled down, it will extend the life of the battery. It thrives in hardwood/tile applications. It isn't ideal for a carpeted house unless you have a backup "real" vacuum cleaner.

zolttt

quality posts: 12 Private Messages zolttt

on ebay for same price with 1 year warranty and free shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dyson-DC35-Multi-Floor-Cordless-Handheld-Cleaner-PURPLE-IN-COLOR-/140989971264?pt=US_Vacuum&hash=item20d3a83b40

dyson authorized retailler.

I ruined my signature with poor cut and paste skills

maskddingo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maskddingo
vw57dlx wrote:Can't tell if you are complaining or if you love Apple?

He saying hey both make up confusing marketing terms like 'Digital motor' for technologies that everyone uses already. This allows them to get away with charging a lot more for similar hardware as their competitors.

zolttt

maskddingo wrote:He saying hey both make up confusing marketing terms like 'Digital motor' for technologies that everyone uses already. This allows them to get away with charging a lot more for similar hardware as their competitors.

Raise your hands if you bought a dyson because of any of their "fancy terms".

lanewid

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lanewid
DennisEChung wrote:Complete with the floor brush and extension tube this unit weighs 4lb. 15oz. My wife loves this vacuum.

We also have the older DC16 root. Comparing the head units of both sans any attachments the DC16 weighs 3lb. 4oz. vs. 2lb. 14oz. for the Digital Slim.

It will certainly be easier for your mom to operate but keep in mind the runtime is limited and while you might vacuum one room it will not do an entire floor. It's more designed for spot cleaning, and the canister is small so frequent dumping will be required.

We have 5 Dysons in all - 3 floor and 2 handheld. I regularly blow out the canisters with compressed air from an large compressor. This blows out a cloud of fine dust that clings to the inner passages electrostatically. Simply dumping the canisters doesn't clean the passages, and by cleaning them more fine dust will be able to stick. Alternately I would recommend cleaning the canisters out with water occasionally to the same effect.

Dyson customer service is exemplary. They have sent me a new Digital Slim floor brush due to a crack, and replaced the battery of the DC16 at no charge.

This is a great price for the utility of this vacuum. It works well, looks cool, and is a pleasure to use.

Why on earth would anyone need this many vacuums?

3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

wooting4keeps

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wooting4keeps
zolttt wrote:on ebay for same price with 1 year warranty and free shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dyson-DC35-Multi-Floor-Cordless-Handheld-Cleaner-PURPLE-IN-COLOR-/140989971264?pt=US_Vacuum&hash=item20d3a83b40

dyson authorized retailler.

You changed your post haha. Where is the Amazon link for the same thing, only $15 more?

• First Woot: 08/21/2012
  • First Barge Of Carp: 04/24/2013
  • Second Box of Chips: Coming soon.
  • Total Woots as of 6/19/2013: 47
  • Dollars spent: $2000+

zolttt

wooting4keeps wrote:You changed your post haha. Where is the Amazon link for the same thing, only $15 more?

the amazon one is also refurbished haha that is why I changed the post... the ebay link however is a dyson retailer

oldcqr

quality posts: 13 Private Messages oldcqr

Can someone explain to me what a DIGITAL vac is? What, does the motor use some weird pulse width modulation ? Is there some kind of sensor that throws BCD to a CPU depending on what type of floor it is being used on? Where is the API where I can talk to this thing?

Assuming for a moment that this thing really is DIGITAL, I need to ask: What was so wrong with the simple analog vac design (a motor, a fan, a filter), that it needs to be digital?

.....Or is it nothing more than throwing a word at something to make it look impressive?

JordanTG

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JordanTG

In for 1 my apartment is mainly hardwood floor and rugs.

jfulcer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jfulcer
zolttt wrote:the amazon one is also refurbished haha that is why I changed the post... the ebay link however is a dyson retailer

The ebay one is also a refurb.

15secondsleft

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 15secondsleft

I paid $200 at Amazon for one of these refurbs in April. Our first one was defective so they sent us a new motor, good fast customer service. It works perfectly, I use it every day for all kinds of messes.

xanaxhelps1962

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xanaxhelps1962
Naterica wrote:I'm thinking this would be perfect to keep in our camper during the summer! Although by the sound of these reviews, I might be bringing it in the house when we're home!
Why do you say it doesn't work on carpet, part of our camper is carpeted?

If your carpet is a Berber you should be okay. Being a rechargeable stick type vacuum it would take forever to vacuum a room size carpet. It only holds a charge "up to" 15 minutes. May work good in a camper with the small floor area. I do use it on my Berber type area rugs. I have been using mine everyday for about three months with no problems.

zolttt

jfulcer wrote:The ebay one is also a refurb.

yes but it is the same price, free shipping... and 1 year warranty (this comes with 6 months).

I mentioned all of this

mdnorman

quality posts: 50 Private Messages mdnorman

Hey woot -- Please lower the price to $135.00, and I'll buy one.

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 17 Private Messages daveinwarshington

This was an educational item.

It made me look up what an "air-watt" was.

Thanks.

honda2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages honda2000

how does this compare to the DC44 animal costco has on sale? i was just about to order this one and found out it wasnt the same one.

is it worth getting the DC44 over this?

sucks that its only like $100 more of the DC44 i can just get an upright animal instead...

dsfellows

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dsfellows

Getting a late start on today's Woot but sorely tempted to jump in -- my question has to do with the docking station. Is it wall-mounted, or floor, or -- ? how much space do you need to allocate for the dock and vacuum together? I'm afraid I don't have a handy electrical outlet. Thanks!!

mdnorman

quality posts: 50 Private Messages mdnorman
honda2000 wrote:how does this compare to the DC44 animal costco has on sale? i was just about to order this one and found out it wasnt the same one.

is it worth getting the DC44 over this?

sucks that its only like $100 more of the DC44 i can just get an upright animal instead...

Apples and bananas... Both the DC44 and the DC35 are vacuums and apples and bananas are fruits, but there are enough differences to fill a few paragraphs. The real question you should be asking is whether this cordless Dyson vacuum is better than the cordless Electrolux Ergorapido stick vacuum being sold by Costco for $90.00

MichXelle

quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle
traquy wrote:Could someone who has this model give me some info on how light it is? I want to get my Mom a new vacuum and she has arthritis and has a hard time with a normal vacuum. Would this be easier for her to manage?

We have 2 and we're very happy with them. It's much lighter than the standard vac but remember it takes a charge. The 6 minutes lasts longer for us than that amount of time.

For someone who is arthritic, they probably need to take breaks or do 1 or 2 rooms a day. So it's an ideal solution. My wife's Mom has pretty bad RA and she loves hers. She got it before we got ours paying full price in Best Buy. It hasn't skipped a beat yet in the good few years she owns it. She's headed for hip replacements and her maid will be coming 3 times a week but brings her own Electrolux. I've carried it in for the maid a few times and it's damn heavy. The D35 is a featherweight.

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

ILGal

quality posts: 30 Private Messages ILGal
smoberg wrote:From Dyson's website:
What do we mean by refurbished?
This is a machine that has had minimal use, for example, demonstration or display purposes or on the rare occasion when someone has changed their mind and returned their machine to us after slight use. We have a committed team of Dyson engineers who strip, clean, rebuild and test all cleaners thoroughly, restoring them to a nearly new standard. Many of our remanufactured vacuum cleaners have been restored to a standard specification so your choice is made by range features and color. From time to time we will have remanufactured Dyson vacuum cleaners with extra features and accessories, these will be labelled by their range number and a product name (e.g. DC14 Animal).

My guess is that the battery is not replaced unless the inspection deems it necessary

Thanks for that! Been shop-vaccing up basement water all day (not a dyson) and got distracted from Woot!

jfarside

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfarside

So I got mine from ups today and got all excited to use it opened it up put it together and guess what? the floor part is missing

manhandsha

quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

jfarside wrote:So I got mine from ups today and got all excited to use it opened it up put it together and guess what? the floor part is missing

Sorry for the mix-up. I'd suggest emailing Woot Member Services to go over your options. Make sure you include your user id and order number. support@woot.com.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

jfarside

manhandsha wrote:Sorry for the mix-up. I'd suggest emailing Woot Member Services to go over your options. Make sure you include your user id and order number. support@woot.com.

Hello Jennifer,

Thank you for taking the time to email us. We appreciate your concerns as well as your business.

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, we have no replacements available. You could try contacting Dyson for a replacement piece:
http://www.dyson.com/support/default.asp

Best Regards,

Bree

Woot Member Services

Wow that was a big help kinda like an oh well its your problem we don't feel like helping you you're on your own, Very disappointed.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jfarside wrote:Wow that was a big help kinda like an oh well its your problem we don't feel like helping you you're on your own, Very disappointed.

That wasn't the intent of that email and I'm sorry you interpreted it that way.

Thing is that if we sell out of an item, we have no more stock to offer for replacements. We also don't carry the parts. Dyson carries the warranty and wooters have reported very good customer service from them. They should send you the missing piece with no issues.

I hope that helps.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jfarside

ThunderThighs wrote:That wasn't the intent of that email and I'm sorry you interpreted it that way.

Thing is that if we sell out of an item, we have no more stock to offer for replacements. We also don't carry the parts. Dyson carries the warranty and wooters have reported very good customer service from them. They should send you the missing piece with no issues.

I hope that helps.

Thank you I will call them today. It was just very disappointing to be missing a major part out of the box and to get an email that seemed generic and non caring after I threw down almost 200 bucks seemed like she was saying I'm on my own if dyson doesn't help hopefully they will I was very excited to get this and I've never had any issues with any woot item before except a toy I ordered for my sons birthday that never showed up but they gave me a prompt refund and it was all good. I'll continue to buy from woot just have to hold off on corner cleaning for a bit