WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Asus Computers

If we know one thing about Asus computers, and frankly, we like to think we know a thing or two about Asus computers, it's that they love being sold on Woot. Seriously, can't get enough of it. Support the cause by buying one, and maybe we'll sell them again! The odds are pretty good. How can we deny that adorable Asus smile?

Quality Posts

satch69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages satch69

Any idea exactly which SSD and touchpad is in the Zenbooks? Elan touchpad = good, Sentallic = bad. Sandisk SSD = bad, ADATA SSD = good.

This is based on Amazon reviews for a similar model (http://www.amazon.com/Zenbook-UX31E-DH52-13-3-Inch-Ultrabook-Aluminum/dp/B005SY32Q2), hopefully something has changed for the better in these models?

Am I a man who has just been dreaming that he was a butterfly, or a sleeping butterfly, now dreaming that he is a man?

satch69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages satch69

NM found the correct product
http://www.amazon.com/Zenbook-UX31E-DH72-13-3-Inch-Ultrabook-Aluminum/dp/B005USC9LA/ref=cm_srch_res_rtr_21
touchpad and SSD seem to work fine!

Am I a man who has just been dreaming that he was a butterfly, or a sleeping butterfly, now dreaming that he is a man?

chompahs

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chompahs

Bought this from a previous woot and right after the warranty expired led's started to randomly not light up creating dark spots on the screen. Keyboard and mouse are much too small so had to upgrade those. Have had an HP the same size for twice as long and never a problem.

cosmictrucker

quality posts: 5 Private Messages cosmictrucker

Asus makes a great laptop.

My biggest concern is refurbishing.

Who is refurbishing these units for resale?

Since I've been disappointed with nearly every refurbished item I've purchased from woot!, I'm very worried I'll receive a damaged, scratched, broken, screwed up item that's been tossed in a box and labeled "refurbished", then sold to suckers like me.

NascarDad

quality posts: 21 Private Messages NascarDad

Seems like that 14 inch Asus U46E-RAL6 does not even have bluetooth. Crazy how many laptops these days don't have that basic feature, how do you connect to your iphone unless you carry a cable around constantly?

mahaus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mahaus

I'm also curious about the "refurbishment" done to this item.

Also what warranty comes with this laptop? Is there still an Asus warranty?

XterraGuy

quality posts: 6 Private Messages XterraGuy

From the copy on the $250 laptop:

"Windows® 8 makes the thigns you do ever day easier"

Nice proofreading there...

hals88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hals88

I have the Asus ux31A which is the same as the 31E except with I5 CPU and 128GB SSD. Love it, performs extremely well. Only problem was that the mouse connection to the motherboard was faulty and had to be replaced, otherwise great device. I use it in when traveling so I don't have to take my larger, heavier laptop.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

XterraGuy wrote:From the copy on the $250 laptop:

A lot of people don't believe that Windows 8 makes "things" easier so we thought we'd try "thigns" instead. (reported)

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

mahaus wrote:I'm also curious about the "refurbishment" done to this item.

Also what warranty comes with this laptop? Is there still an Asus warranty?

The refurbished items are all "Factory Reconditioned". We're updating the sale to show that now.

A "factory reconditioned" item was returned, inspected, and restored to fully working condition by the original manufacturer or a certified partner. And the original manufacturer stands behind it with a warranty. It's as close to new as you can get without technically being "new".

Warranties are shown at the bottom of the features on each sale.

Hope that helps!

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

luke975

quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975
XterraGuy wrote:From the copy on the $250 laptop:

lol they did the same thing a couple months ago on another windows 8 computer. copy and paste is not your friend.

to the woot staff member that screwed up the back2skool code so I could get a lot of nice things for free - thank you.

damorere

quality posts: 9 Private Messages damorere
chompahs wrote:Bought this from a previous woot and right after the warranty expired led's started to randomly not light up creating dark spots on the screen. Keyboard and mouse are much too small so had to upgrade those. Have had an HP the same size for twice as long and never a problem.

Bought which one? It would help on Woot Plus comments if you would identify which item you are discussing.

eulbricht

quality posts: 3 Private Messages eulbricht

If you're worried about the refurbs, the manufacturers will stand behind them and will warranty them. If you think you're going to get customer service from Woot on them you're going to be greatly disappointed. Woot acts like you're the ugly redheaded stepchild when you have a problem with a refurb. I speak from personal experience. Just plan on going straight to ASUS if you buy one of these and have a problem.

ddavis8704

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ddavis8704

I sure would like a desktop without a monitor attached to the deal. I counted and I have nearly 20 monitors scattered through the house. I'd like to upgrade my PC but don't need another monitor.

iiwizrius

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iiwizrius

What's the difference between the two Zenbooks? Their stats are exactly the same, but one's more expensive than the other. O:

EDIT: Oh, one's new, the other's reconditioned. Nevermind.

fiftymegatims

quality posts: 3 Private Messages fiftymegatims

What is the voltage on the 27" desktop (110-240)?

ThunderThighs

Staff

fiftymegatims wrote:What is the voltage on the 27" desktop (110-240)?

They are all 110v.

FORUM MODERATOR

l337600ch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages l337600ch
ddavis8704 wrote:I sure would like a desktop without a monitor attached to the deal. I counted and I have nearly 20 monitors scattered through the house. I'd like to upgrade my PC but don't need another monitor.

That is when you get better video cards and start using multi-monitors for each computer!

tdaly001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tdaly001

These are very good laptops, but not, for the most part, up to date models. The refurbs should be going at the given prices as brand new. This is not a deal and Woot should not be putting these up at these prices. Because Woot keeps putting up more retail priced items, I really do not check it very often anymore. I used to check it daily before going to work.

nhammes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nhammes

What is the size of the hard drive on the $249.00 laptop? It says 320GB in the description, but the specifications say 500GB...

ThunderThighs

Staff

nhammes wrote:What is the size of the hard drive on the $249.00 laptop? It says 320GB in the description, but the specifications say 500GB...

It has a 320GB hard drive. We've fixed the specs. Thank you for pointing out the err of our ways.

FORUM MODERATOR

fftimberwolf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fftimberwolf

I think it's awesome ASUS gets its own corner. Now when my friends ask me the question of "What kind of computer should I get?" I can just link them here.

ballisticburrito

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ballisticburrito
ddavis8704 wrote:I sure would like a desktop without a monitor attached to the deal. I counted and I have nearly 20 monitors scattered through the house. I'd like to upgrade my PC but don't need another monitor.

Then try something like a Cyberpower from Tigerdirect or some other not-massive-prebuilt-pc-conglomerate that sells pre-built computers without monitors. Or build your own. B)

ReginaFilangee

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ReginaFilangee

I love everything about the Asus U46E-RAL6 gold laptop, except for the chiclet keyboard. If only it had regular keys, I'd be all over it. :-/

My laptop's screen has a faulty connection in the hinge. Anyone know where I can get a similar laptop with normal keys? A usb keyboard isn't very portable.

May the Crap be with you all!!!

R&D

quality posts: 2 Private Messages R&D
If you're worried about the refurbs, the manufacturers will stand behind them and will warranty them. If you think you're going to get customer service from Woot on them you're going to be greatly disappointed. Woot acts like you're the ugly redheaded stepchild when you have a problem with a refurb. I speak from personal experience. Just plan on going straight to ASUS if you buy one of these and have a problem

I've been a Woot customer since 2006 and I've never seen worse customer service from them. This quote is true of my experience on two products. Most recently, I received an HP Pavillion computer that was defective right out of the box. Obviously, still under warrant... Woot said to work the warranty through HP. HP Customer Service validated that the computer was non-operational and said the exchange needed to be worked with Woot.

When informed of this 'new' information, the Woot Customer Service Represenative (I won't mention his name, because he's the 'Rainman' --without the special skills-- of Customer Service Reps) told me he contactacted HP to "send a replacement computer ASAP." The "ASAP" should have been my first clue that this was a delay tactic. After not hearing from him for a week, I asked the Woot Customer Service Rep for a status. He told me, HP hadn't provided a response and I needed to send the computer back to Woot for a refund.

Be an informed buyer. All this took 3+ weeks. Woot customer service is terrible. When you buy a product, you'd better hope it works!!

urgannagru93410

quality posts: 0 Private Messages urgannagru93410

BE WARNED! Asus may refuse to honor warranties because Woot does not always provide a model number in the invoice. I would never buy an Asus branded something from Woot until one company or the other budges on this issue.*

* That said, Woot is very nice about returns, if you don't mind having wasted your time because Woot probably won't have any replacements (so why did I buy this thing in the first place).