MISRy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MISRy

I picked up a Sero 7 for myself and am completely pleased with it. So much so that I gave my rooted Nook Color to the wife to replace her aging White Pandigital Novel for ereading. She can't stand it and has broken 2 of the (expensive) proprietary charging cables. As long as I can get Aldiko on it, she's getting one of these and it will never be "tinkered" with.

paulgraz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages paulgraz

For me, no bluetooth is the deal breaker. Otherwise I'd load Torque and use it strictly as an automotive tool.

Maybe put it on the wall and use it as a photo frame?

Chicago71

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Chicago71

Hey Woot, I think there's a technical glitch with your content management system. When I view the product page, there's an image of a turd.

"Qui Bono? Who benefits?"
"Qui gives a $#!#"

edmcguirk

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edmcguirk

Does it have GPS? I find that most tablets under $100 don't have GPS. Unfortunately I find that GPS is sometimes left out of the specs because it is just assumed that the more expensive tablets do have GPS. So unless I see "no GPS" I don't know the status.

morriea

quality posts: 19 Private Messages morriea
jmackinac wrote:I don't understand why when google sells android to these smaller tablet makers, they don't allow access to Google Play.

Android is Open Source. It is not SOLD to the tablet makers as it is free and available to anyone...including you. Google will determine if a tablet is acceptable to have Play on it after testing.

wooterkaren

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wooterkaren

When I compare it to my Kindle Fire, I think I already have everything that this tabet offers.

morriea

quality posts: 19 Private Messages morriea
jimmer2007 wrote:can I load it up with games like Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja, Tetris and such WITHOUT it needing to be connected to wifi after the initial setup and downloading?? They do not have any sort of internet capabilities, even if they were to travel to town or something. Someone I asked about this said the tablet software, as well as the games, require at the very least intermittent wifi connection. Anyone know anything about this?

After downloading games (like the ones you mentioned), internet access is no longer required to play.

GreatJorge

quality posts: 36 Private Messages GreatJorge

800 x 480 resolution??
Ouch.

The 1990's called, they want their "high resolution" back.

Be mindful of this before purchasing it

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Chicago71 wrote:Hey Woot, I think there's a technical glitch with your content management system. When I view the product page, there's an image of a turd.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

GenMischief

quality posts: 7 Private Messages GenMischief

So...

No GPS?
No Blutooth?
Whats its power consumption? (Does the charger show 1A or 2A?

It seems like a nice little tablet, but I am looking for something to use with my Torque Pro and Bluetooth Adapter in my vehicle. My current TAB is too heavy and fancy for this, but its all I have.

More data's please?

-Jim

notalwaysso

quality posts: 1 Private Messages notalwaysso
mikemiracle wrote:When you take a picture, do you have to flip the tablet over and wait for it to develop?

Clever.

peanut squirrel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peanut squirrel
mikemiracle wrote:When you take a picture, do you have to flip the tablet over and wait for it to develop?

No, you have to shake it!

w00t!

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

scubanikki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scubanikki

I bought one of these for my preschooler to play with. I have tons of games and books installed for him (w/micro sd card). He can play most at the grocery store and appointments w/o any wifi. There are a few apps that require wifi (FB, Pinterest), but most games do not. As far as the product itself, it feels cheap because it is. He's dropped it on the tile floor a few times and it didn't break/works fine.

jimmer2007 wrote:If I buy this for my tech-impaired parents (they don't have ANY experience with tech beyond texting from an ancient Nokia type cell phone, and the hunt and peck kind of typing, no email experience, etc), can I load it up with games like Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja, Tetris and such WITHOUT it needing to be connected to wifi after the initial setup and downloading?? They do not have any sort of internet capabilities, even if they were to travel to town or something. Someone I asked about this said the tablet software, as well as the games, require at the very least intermittent wifi connection. Anyone know anything about this?

Dartman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Dartman

I have one of their older versions of this bought at Big lots after I got tired of fighting with my Resistive touch screen sylvania tablet.
It works way better then that one, plays angry birds and gets my Email fine.
The screen res is pretty low and all that but for cheap it's not bad and I did get the play store and all that put on mine with a little poking around. It has a capacitive touch screen which makes a huge difference as far as using it.
I have since bought a Aino novo7 Aurora with a dual core and 1024x600 IPS screen and of course its faster and looks way better but for cheap as a backup or someone starting out they are nice machines.

bafl01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bafl01
dliidlii wrote:Waste of time and money. Lots of better refurbished tablets are available for under $100.

please, could you link me to a few

jasmaria

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jasmaria

I would avoid this at all costs. I got a Polaroid tablet back around Christmas time. The thing never worked right right out of the box. I made several attempts to contact them regarding is since it did have a warranty included. Their answer was to send it back to them after their failed attempts to troubleshoot. It took a long time to even reach someone, and thier support is obviously not in this country as it was very difficult to understand every person I spoke with. Once they decided that I needed to send it back, they NEVER sent the mailing label. Again I made several attempts to contact them with no luck. After researching, I suppose that was a good thing I didn't get the label to mail it to them to be repaired as the internet is overflowing with complaints from people who never received their product back. I will NEVER purchase a Polaroid product again.

krisjacobsen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krisjacobsen

Just set fire to your money-it will save postage. We bought two of these (not refurbished) and they are so slow as to be almost motionless.

MISRy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MISRy

Received. Speedy.

karlbarthel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karlbarthel

Ordered 3 of them... specs said they were 4Gb... the 8" are only 2Gb and the 7" is only 1.6Gb(not sure how that's possible...). They are slow, not very sensitive to your touch. I would think Woot would test the products or at least take them out of the box and look at them before selling them. Disappointed.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

karlbarthel wrote:Ordered 3 of them... specs said they were 4Gb... the 8" are only 2Gb and the 7" is only 1.6Gb(not sure how that's possible...). They are slow, not very sensitive to your touch. I would think Woot would test the products or at least take them out of the box and look at them before selling them. Disappointed.

Are you looking at the available memory from settings? It's standard with all computing devices to state the Internal Memory as the installed and not the available amount.

If you look at the box, it states:

Internal Memory: 4GB*

* Actual internal memory may vary depending on the operating system of the device and the preloaded apps.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders