WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Hey, we've been there. You get carried away with the clicking and the shopping and the next thing you know you're sitting there wondering why on Earth you just bought that thing. That's why we're now offering you the ability to easily cancel your Woot order before it ever even starts moving through our system.

There are limits: you've only got 15 minutes to do it, and it doesn't apply to orders with expedited shipping or orders of Woot-Off sales. But otherwise, here's how it works. First, look for the little "Cancel" link on your order confirmation page, like so:

Then you'll see the following page, asking if you're really, seriously, super for-real sure you want to cancel:

If you proceed from there, we'll tell you that yes, your order has been cancelled. :(

Finally, you'll get an email memorializing your betraya- uh, confirming that your order has been cancelled. Poor confirmation email! Look how sad you made it!

At that point, it's all over but the heartbreak. If you want to cancel an order after that 15-minute window, well, it gets a lot more complicated to the point where you probably shouldn't bother because life's just too short to waste on that kind of thing. But you can give it a try on our Support page.

Now go and never ever do this thing we just told you how to do, OK? Please?

nparus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nparus

I promise never ever to cancel an order on woot because I don't like woot to be sad. :D

Moony

thumperchick

quality posts: 239 Private Messages thumperchick

So, this feature seems... not useful at all, really.

FrostByte

quality posts: 12 Private Messages FrostByte

I wonder when we'll get to read our first "Output Machine Failing, Guys!, I finally got a B_O_C but accidentally cancelled it. Can someone help?!" post?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

thumperchick wrote:So, this feature seems... not useful at all, really.

Actually, we have a NUMBER of people that change their mind immediately after ordering, ordered the wrong quantity, or forgot to change their order to a different address. This should solve many of those problems.

nparus wrote:I promise never ever to cancel an order on woot because I don't like woot to be sad. :D

*sniff* Thank you!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

shrdlu

quality posts: 4 Private Messages shrdlu

I wouldn't say it was not useful at all. I'd call this a step in the right direction, and thank those who provided this option. I'd still like to see a delay instituted in the movement from Clicking *BUY* to Address Label Generated, though. I suggest at least a few hours. This gives the person ordering a chance to get the mailing address fixed, or to make a couple of other repairs I've seen needed.

Out of curiosity, if someone cancels because they realize the address is wrong, or they wanted to change their payment option (as examples), can they then re-purchase the item in question, or are they now blocked from doing that?

P.S. Puppy picture today was cute, Thunderthighs.

It takes months to find a customer, but only seconds to lose one.
The good news is that we should run out of them in no time.

http://demotivators.despair.com/demotivational/disservicedemotivator.jpg

ThunderThighs

Staff

shrdlu wrote:I wouldn't say it was not useful at all. I'd call this a step in the right direction, and thank those who provided this option. I'd still like to see a delay instituted in the movement from Clicking *BUY* to Address Label Generated, though. I suggest at least a few hours. This gives the person ordering a chance to get the mailing address fixed, or to make a couple of other repairs I've seen needed.

Out of curiosity, if someone cancels because they realize the address is wrong, or they wanted to change their payment option (as examples), can they then re-purchase the item in question, or are they now blocked from doing that?

P.S. Puppy picture today was cute, Thunderthighs.

Just checked with the development team. Yes, you can cancel and then reorder ASSUMING there is still stock available for the item you are trying to purchase.

As to allowing more time... the more we add, the more it delays releasing orders and thus delays getting orders to customers. Once the order is released, it's passed off in a file from us to the shipper (Fulfillment by Amazon or drop shipper, for example). It's not feasible to continually cancel and resend the file after that point for each cancellation. And unlike the old days when we released orders the morning after a sale, we now release orders multiple times throughout the day.

Glad you liked the puppy gif. I ♥ corgis.

Keep the questions coming.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

ThunderThighs wrote:Actually, we have a NUMBER of people that change their mind immediately after ordering, ordered the wrong quantity, or forgot to change their order to a different address. This should solve many of those problems.

and that number is 1 billion.
seriously. happens all the time.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

thumperchick

ThunderThighs wrote:Actually, we have a NUMBER of people that change their mind immediately after ordering, ordered the wrong quantity, or forgot to change their order to a different address. This should solve many of those problems.

Is there an option to change an order's shipping address from this screen? Or would you just need to cancel/re-order?
(Without going through and cancelling an order, I can't tell this.)

suzanimal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages suzanimal

Ok, seriously? How about actually answering emails or responding to open cases?

I can't tell you HOW darn disappointed I am in woot lately. First of all, an order didn't show, I couldn't log in, I reordered and got two items. I've contacted you twice (even before shipping) and no one gets back to me.

You're about to lose a customer. Because, seriously.

thumperchick

suzanimal wrote:Ok, seriously? How about actually answering emails or responding to open cases?

Hey Suzanimal! Woot staff replied to you in my thread, click HERE and scroll down. They escalated your case and you should be hearing from service shortly. (However, customer support is only in M-F 9-5, so shortly may mean Monday.)

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

thumperchick wrote:Hey Suzanimal! Woot staff replied to you in my thread, click HERE and scroll down. They escalated your case and you should be hearing from service shortly. (However, customer support is only in M-F 9-5, so shortly may mean Monday.)

Thumper, you are correct about the Monday-Friday response, however I did escalate the post to some higher ups in Member Services
Suzanimal should get a response hopefully much sooner than Monday

thumperchick

ROGETRAY wrote:Thumper, you are correct about the Monday-Friday response, however I did escalate the post to some higher ups in Member Services
Suzanimal should get a response hopefully much sooner than Monday

ThunderThighs

Staff

thumperchick wrote:Is there an option to change an order's shipping address from this screen? Or would you just need to cancel/re-order?
(Without going through and cancelling an order, I can't tell this.)

Good question. You will need to cancel your order, fix or change your address, and redo the order.

FORUM MODERATOR

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

Great, now I can't claim I ordered by mistake and could not cancel.

Still single, can't imagine why.

naveed123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages naveed123

This is very very nice and wonderful post......

((((((( NAVEED JUTT )))))))

suzanimal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages suzanimal

How about if we wait until I actually get an email/call - 11 days later - before we go patting each other on the back, mmm kay?

Cuz as of right now - there's NOTHING.

thumperchick wrote:

lcatgoddess

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lcatgoddess
thumperchick wrote:So, this feature seems... not useful at all, really.

Agreed.

lcatgoddess

ThunderThighs wrote:Just checked with the development team. Yes, you can cancel and then reorder ASSUMING there is still stock available for the item you are trying to purchase.

As to allowing more time... the more we add, the more it delays releasing orders and thus delays getting orders to customers. Once the order is released, it's passed off in a file from us to the shipper (Fulfillment by Amazon or drop shipper, for example). It's not feasible to continually cancel and resend the file after that point for each cancellation. And unlike the old days when we released orders the morning after a sale, we now release orders multiple times throughout the day.

Glad you liked the puppy gif. I ♥ corgis.

Keep the questions coming.

I would gladly wait an additional 24 hours on a shirt in exchange for a 24 hr cancellation window. I would prob buy even more shirts if i knew i had this option (and I already buy many, a 100+). As a newish (only 3yrs), but hard core, Woot! fan I thank you for the effort, but would appreciate a rethink on this.

lichme

quality posts: 2870 Private Messages lichme
lcatgoddess wrote:I would gladly wait an additional 24 hours on a shirt in exchange for a 24 hr cancellation window. I would prob buy even more shirts if i knew i had this option (and I already buy many). As a newish (only a yr or 2), but hard core, Woot! fan I thank you for the effort, but would appreciate a rethink on this.

I think you are in the smaller bracket. Most people want their stuff ASAP. The number of people who order with the correct info, and without buyers remorse probably heavily outweighs the people who want the 24 hour hold.

lcatgoddess

lichme wrote:I think you are in the smaller bracket. Most people want their stuff ASAP. The number of people who order with the correct info, and without buyers remorse probably heavily outweighs the people who want the 24 hour hold.

Considering it used to take them a day to even start shipping, i doubt most people would notice the diff. Plus, I doubt that it would even make much of a diff in shipping time, considering the dispatching to the PO & timing/frequency USPS processing.

xlamierina

quality posts: 1 Private Messages xlamierina

this is great, no more having to make up some lie to support@woot.com to try to get out of a regretful purchase.

thumperchick

suzanimal wrote:How about if we wait until I actually get an email/call - 11 days later - before we go patting each other on the back, mmm kay?

Cuz as of right now - there's NOTHING.

Well, seeing as how customer service tried to contact you in the other thread directly back on July 2, and I haven't seen you post there again, I'm going to assume you found their messages or got one, or something?
In light of that...
Can we pat each other on the back now?

cardoors32

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cardoors32

sadface:

i needed to switch my payment type for an order i placed last month, but couldn't.

happy face:

now when im rifling through the checkout process and not reading anything or paying attention, i can correct it later

manhandsha

quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

cardoors32 wrote:sadface:

i needed to switch my payment type for an order i placed last month, but couldn't.

happy face:

now when im rifling through the checkout process and not reading anything or paying attention, i can correct it later

Thank our awesome-sauce devs for making that possible! :D

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Bumping for those that haven't read it yet.

FORUM MODERATOR

mrair

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrair

this just saved me. My wife would have killed me. Now she will do it the slow way, with Bacon and Sweet Soda.

wangstang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wangstang

Thanks for adding the cancel button.

I'm with many others in that the 15 min window is not so great.

It appears that woot does not submit orders for fulfillment until each respective sales event is over unless expedited shipping as been requested and even then I think most orders are held until the event is over.

How about setting the cancelation system up to allow cancelling of individual items from each order for up to an hour after the listing has ended. You could then set the system up to automatically submit orders for fulfillment an hour and half after an item listing has ended.

On the standard woot pages, during non-woot off events ... you configure the system to submit orders for fulfillment at 230am, an hour and a half after the new listing each day, and allow the cancelation button to work any time the item is still listed and up to an hour past the listing being replaced.

SO, for example...

If I were to order a pack of batteries from the woot page today, I'd have until 2am tomorrow morning to cancel. If I didn't cancel my order, it would be processed for fulfillment at 230am, an hour and a half after the listing was replaced.

Moving to the woot plus side of things, since it's clear that the orders aren't submitted for fulfillment until after the plus event is over...

If I were to order a bugout bag from the woot sport plus page, and that event ends at Aug. 9th at 9am, I'd have until Aug. 9th at 10 am to cancel and the order would be submitted for fulfillment at 1030 am.

Another option on the woot plus side of things would be to set them up to submit at 230 am each day and with the standard woot orders, and allow cancellation of an item up to 200am.

I think a big key point that shouldn't be overlooked here is that you guys should make the cancelation process a bit more of an order editing system. With the current shopping cart system, if I want three things in my cart and only want to cancel one item from my order, don't make me cancel my entire order. If I need to put the right address in, I should be able to do that without cancelling my entire order.

By holding all orders in an editable format until 2am, you could allow people to continue to add items to the cart throughout the day as woot plus events changed. The rule would simply have to be if it's not in the cart by 1am, it has to go in a new order with new shipping fees, and if it's not out of the cart by 2am it's yours.

I think that would handle any buyer’s remorse issues and "I really wish I knew they were going to list that today, I wouldn't have order that other thing yesterday" issues.

The editing format would also allow for the errors in orders issues to be fixed by the buyer without canceling an order.

Now, yes, I'm aware that I'd probably add a day to the delivery process by waiting until 230am to submit a days’ worth of orders for fulfillment, but to me, that flexibility in ordering plus the option to save on shipping by not having a new cart each day, would be more than worth the delay. If you want to offer an option to for those who wish to expedite their orders, simply set the expedited shipping orders up to submit for fulfillment 15 minutes after the order was placed as you currently have it set, but only for expedited orders.

I do appreciate you guys taking a step in the right direction with the cancelation process; I just hope you are all open to continuing to work any kinks out.

Wes

wangstang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wangstang
wangstang wrote:I think a big key point that shouldn't be overlooked here is that you guys should make the cancelation process a bit more of an order editing system. With the current shopping cart system, if I want three things in my cart and only want to cancel one item from my order, don't make me cancel my entire order. If I need to put the right address in, I should be able to do that without cancelling my entire order.

By holding all orders in an editable format until 2am, you could allow people to continue to add items to the cart throughout the day as woot plus events changed. The rule would simply have to be if it's not in the cart by 1am, it has to go in a new order with new shipping fees, and if it's not out of the cart by 2am it's yours.

To expand on the above thought a bit more...

I'm aware that you all may only have a certain number of items available for purchase. Allow those first in line to place the order and make the purchase but then let people "backorder" the items so that if someone cancelled an item, the next person in line in the back order system would get the canceled order quantity, allow woot to still make the sale and making two customers happy at once.

The rule on backordering would have to be that if you didn't see the backorder filled by the 2am cancelation cut off, the back order would be canceled. ….I’m not suggesting a long term back order system.

Thanks again!

Wes

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
wangstang wrote:To expand on the above thought a bit more...

I'm aware that you all may only have a certain number of items available for purchase. Allow those first in line to place the order and still purchase but then let people "backorder" the items so that if someone cancelled an item, the next person in line in the back order system would get the canceled order quantity, allow woot to still make the sale and making two customers happy at once.

The rule on backordering would have to be that if you didn't see the backorder filled by the 2am cancelation cut off, the back order would be canceled. ….I’m suggesting not a long term back order system.

Thanks again!

Wes

Thanks for the feedback!

We definitely continue to look at the order process and how to make it better. It's a delicate balancing act of finding the best customer experience and making sure orders don't get delayed.

As we continue to update our systems, hopefully we'll see some of the improvements you're suggesting -- we have to work with a lot of fulfillment technologies to make sure everything goes as smoothly as possible.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann
Gatzby wrote:Thanks for the feedback!

We definitely continue to look at the order process and how to make it better. It's a delicate balancing act of finding the best customer experience and making sure orders don't get delayed.

As we continue to update our systems, hopefully we'll see some of the improvements you're suggesting -- we have to work with a lot of fulfillment technologies to make sure everything goes as smoothly as possible.

I like the idea!

ThunderThighs

Staff

Bumping this for those that missed it the first time around.

While CS will try to help you cancel an order, we release orders multiple times during the day so they may not be able to do so.

And PMing a forum moderator doesn't do any good whatsoever. We have no powers in that department.

Pro Tip: When placing orders ANYWHERE, double check your address!

FORUM MODERATOR

russwjohns

quality posts: 16 Private Messages russwjohns
ThunderThighs wrote:

Bumping this for those that missed it the first time around.

While CS will try to help you cancel an order, we release orders multiple times during the day so they may not be able to do so.

And PMing a forum moderator doesn't do any good whatsoever. We have no powers in that department.

Pro Tip: When placing orders ANYWHERE, double check your address!

It would be nice if every Woot staffer/mod would put the link to "how to cancel" in their sig line like yours.

My bad experience with checkout was 2 days ago after noticing that checkout did not redirect me to log into my PayPal acct so that I could select which CC to charge: It just charged to my default setting at PayPal.

I searched all over Woot to try to cancel and only found the "Support" page option to send an online message which to date has not been answered and now the item has been shipped.

I sent two separate msgs via that "support" page within 7 minutes of purchase and also googled for a contact number only finding a number for corporate in Texas.

How would I have even known how to find your helpful and informative post here as a blog posting in "community"?

Perhaps, as a customer aide, a PROMINENT indicia could be made on the checkout page or order completion page???

I even went into my Woot account and found the order under recent orders before 5 minutes had elapsed and there was no apparent option to cancel that order like can be done at Amazon.

So being concerned that the item would be sold out, I left another msg on the "support" page along with the order number I wanted cancelled and the reason for cancellation and told them that I would then be ordering the same item using the CC I wanted the item to be charged to in the first place but would do so with a direct CC charge and not through PayPal. SIMPLY RIDICULOUS.

The cancellation option should be BOLD and PROMINENTLY OBVIOUS during the checkout process don't you think? So now I've been advised by a staffer in the item's comments posts section to try to refuse delivery so that the item goes back to the shipper and PayPay gets credited.

All this hassle for something that could have been corrected easily and quickly had the right information been in place and available during the checkout process.

Sign me long time Wooter, but frustrated.

ThunderThighs

Staff

russwjohns,

Thank you for the great feedback. I've passed it on to those in the position to make things happen.

FORUM MODERATOR

bigruckus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bigruckus

Thanks you WOOT..I ordered a couple of cameras and I wanted to cancel them…this was in Nov…anyways I could not find any phone number or anyway to cancel the order…I ended up filing a case through PayPal to get my money back…it took about a month after WOOt got my cameras to get my money back…I think this is a well needed revision…nice job!!

Bigruckus

marklog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marklog

Not to turn into an unpaid copy editor, but I would just love that email to end with 'Thanks for nothin' instead of just thanks.

I know, I know. But if I didn't post it I'd think about it all day.

Are you looking at my junk?

ThunderThighs

Staff

BUMP

FYI: We release orders for processing every couple hours. Once it's released, even though not shipped, it's likely we will not be able to cancel the order.

You can refuse the shipment and request an Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) for the UNOPENED item at support@email.com.

Changing addresses: For your security, we are unable to change the address on your order. This protects your information and your order.

If it's undeliverable, it will likely be returned to us. Watch the tracking and email when you see it's been delivered back to Carrollton. It can take 7-10 business days for us to sort through and process returns.

FORUM MODERATOR

toricoco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toricoco

I think its That is a most illogical attitude. that you only give 15 minutes to cancel the order. Are y'all afraid well go to another site and see that y'all jacked up the suggested price sothat the sale price is high. BC that's what y'all do. I ordered pitchers from y'all only to find out 20 min later that everywhere and I mean everywhere else including amazon had them for much cheaper plus free shipping. But oh no it was over 15 minutes so sorry y'all couldn't help me. On top of that your customer service took over a week to even contact me back and wouldn't do anything about it.
I hope people do cancel their orders from y'all since most of your sales are rip offs anyway I've been checking and at leat half of the products per sale are cheaper somewhere else but you don't want ppl to figure that out and change their minds son you put a stupid 15 minute timer on cancellations and have horrible customer service. So don't be proud of yourselves for offering a ridiculous 15 minute cancellation BC very few people can get back to their order or change their minds in that time frame. Personally you wont be getting anymore business from me and I hope others who read my post decide not to buy from y'all either.

ThunderThighs

Staff

@toricoco: Not at all. We know wooters are savvy shoppers and will hunt for the best price.

The time limit is because we have improved our processes and release orders every couple hours. Once they're released for processing, we can't pull them back.

I'm sorry about the delay in getting back to you but CS can rarely cancel orders before their released. They are working hard to get caught up. They're a great group of people.

FORUM MODERATOR

rdorth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rdorth

I had time to cancle the order but under my stuff bought page there was no cancle button as shown in the first set of images. I was unable to cancle my order through your process.