quality posts: 3000 Private Messages lichme

Item: Yukon Outfitters Hammock, 2 Choices
Price: $24.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

These are pretty nice hammocks. Nice and big.

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

pupyluvr

quality posts: 51 Private Messages pupyluvr

A hamhock!
I love hamhocks...

amyhoitenga

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amyhoitenga

I bet bears are like, "Ooh! Pigs in a blanket!"

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

This is the one I got (the double). I just washed it in the washer yesterday and it's good as new now. :-)
http://www.woot.com/offers/yukon-outfitters-double-hammock

In for BUG NET now! :-)

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

lichme

quality posts: 3000 Private Messages lichme

Here's some comments from the Previous Sale on the Yukon Outfitters Nylon Parachute Double Hammock with Bag

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3642 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Two great reviews (4.5 out of 5.0) on the Double Hammock over at amazon

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3642 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Check out this reviews (and some videos) over at outdoorsurvivalists.com

joedsh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joedsh

Two people seems questionable. 300 pound limit? How is that for two people?

lstaff

quality posts: 202 Private Messages lstaff

Output Machine Failing, Guys!, the Title with the picture??? BEST. COPY. EVER.

I am STILL laughing!!!!!!!

MuddyG

quality posts: 9 Private Messages MuddyG

The double hammock is nice, got one for my dad for Father's Day. You'll need some ropes or straps, and maybe some carabiners.

The one with the mosquito net, for that price, is definitely worth trying out. It's not the best in the world, but that is a crazy cheap price. I have a Warbonnet Blackbird that I -love- but for 30 bucks you can't go wrong. I'd jump on it!

Hammocks are the most comfortable way to sleep EVER.

Filth. Flarn. Filth.

melissyb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melissyb
joedsh wrote:Two people seems questionable. 300 pound limit? How is that for two people?

My son had the same thoughts. Didn't quite add up to being too comfortable. He went with a single. Now I'm thinking of getting him the singe with mosquito netting. Too late though, he's out camping at a 4 day music fest in the forrest in Michigan. Hope he brought his bug spray!

cjjett1969

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cjjett1969

Gotta get em all...

But whats up with the new(to me)very annoying woot "lookit more crap" popups??? Very annoying.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 583 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

joedsh wrote:Two people seems questionable. 300 pound limit? How is that for two people?

This was posted in the December sale for the double hammock. I found it interesting.

MyPooka wrote:"Double hammocks" like this aren't generally meant to hold two people (though they probably could.) What they are meant for is allowing people to sleep in "flat" position (or even on their sides) without being bowed like a banana (which gets a terrible night's sleep and often a backache in the morning.)

With a double hammock you don't sleep "end to end" so much as you sleep "across" the hammock in sort of a diagonal. Sleeping "across" the hammock results in a relatively flat sleeping surface with good back support.

I Googled around to try and find a non-commercial site that illustrates what I'm talking about but good examples from non-commercial sites seem to be few and far between. This picture posted at Flickr comes as close as any to showing what I mean, though in this case the person is full across rather than on the diagonal: http://www.flickr.com/photos/38184466@N04/4078778112/

You could also just Google "how to sleep in a hammock" and turn up several references including some really good ones on other commercial sites that want to sell you their own hammock: https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+sleep+in+a+hammock

Edited to add:

eHow has some basic instructions on sleeping diagonally or across a double hammock: http://www.ehow.com/how_4165_sleep-hammock.html

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jrice1976

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrice1976

Ordered one for a camping trip I am leaving for on tues. Did not see an option for 1 day shipping only 2 day.

lichme wrote:Item: Yukon Outfitters Hammock, 2 Choices
Price: $24.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

wearemany

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wearemany

Hammocks are the best way to camp if the weather premits.

I will never willingly sleep in a Tent again.

ejeon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ejeon
ThunderThighs wrote:

"Diagonally", ~15 degrees off center, is the only proper way to lay in any hammock. I slept in an ENO Doublenest, which is very similar to the one on Woot today, for a year while living overseas and I can attest to the fact that they are extremely comfortable and offer great support. (For comparison, my other bed is a TempurPedic.) These traditional-style hammocks are also FAR superior to the spreader-bar type in every respect.

The prices on these are incredibly reasonable. I'd recommend buying one to pretty much anybody. I've been considering getting one with a mosquito net for camping for months... today is my lucky day. Thanks woot!

mikeyram08

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikeyram08
melissyb wrote:My son had the same thoughts. Didn't quite add up to being too comfortable. He went with a single. Now I'm thinking of getting him the singe with mosquito netting. Too late though, he's out camping at a 4 day music fest in the forrest in Michigan. Hope he brought his bug spray!

Rothbury, Michigan to be exact. But there are not to many people with just one in a hammock. Usually its 2, I've even seen 3. And there are basically no bugs.

russwjohns

quality posts: 16 Private Messages russwjohns

Suitable for use in a dorm room??? Attached to what? Huge bike hanger screws screwed into a corner walls studs?? What school would allow that and why would it be needed anyway since you have beds anyways?

Camping trips with suitably proximate trees is another thing completely.

emilyb0902

quality posts: 35 Private Messages emilyb0902

BANANA HAMMOCK!!

digitalurbancamo

quality posts: 18 Private Messages digitalurbancamo

I am a bit confused on the wight limit on these. Every site I go to is saying the green one is 350lb but on the product page here on woot it's saying 275. Whats the deal?

Also does anybody know if you can remove the mosquito net or is it permanently on?

jcharpentier

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jcharpentier
digitalurbancamo wrote:

Also does anybody know if you can remove the mosquito net or is it permanently on?

Sounds like it is, according to the description:
"The Yukon Outfitters Hammock’s integrated mosquito net will keep you comfortable in the great outdoors. If the coast is clear and you don’t need the mosquito netting, just flip the hammock over and use as a normal hammock."

jpitt57488

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jpitt57488
wearemany wrote:Hammocks are the best way to camp if the weather premits.

I will never willingly sleep in a Tent again.

With a tarp and some insulation you can hammock camp in any weather ;)

hardaker

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hardaker
russwjohns wrote:Suitable for use in a dorm room??? Attached to what? Huge bike hanger screws screwed into a corner walls studs?? What school would allow that and why would it be needed anyway since you have beds anyways?

Cause it's fun, that's why! I actually did string a hammock in my dorm room at one point. I don't remember what I tied the ends to, but I made sure it was sturdy and anchored. My roommate and others on the floor kept streaming in to check out my abode. I didn't sleep overnight in it, but I did occasionally put it up for fun.

As to why? Cause you're in college and need to be entertained and entertaining. That's why!

mrsjhaye

quality posts: 16 Private Messages mrsjhaye
melissyb wrote:My son had the same thoughts. Didn't quite add up to being too comfortable. He went with a single. Now I'm thinking of getting him the singe with mosquito netting. Too late though, he's out camping at a 4 day music fest in the forrest in Michigan. Hope he brought his bug spray!

That festival has an awesome lineup! Go ahead and get him the one with the netting though because festival season is far from being over I love hammocks. Best way to sleep ever.

susanrm

quality posts: 15 Private Messages susanrm

Last year, there was a special Woot deal on the Trek Light hammocks, plus discounts on their accessories. I bought one and their "go anywhere" rope kit, and with shipping and tax, the whole thing came to about $68. I loved the hammock and used it a few times. However, I regretted the lack of netting and have been researching the cost of getting netting and a tarp for all-weather hammock camping.

Well, with this hammock being less than any decent bug net, I had to bite. Cash flow is extremely tight right now, but still... this is worth it (I hope!).

*Honest 200 Member* Sept. 2012 x2

mitchbakr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mitchbakr

I agree. The two people would have be A&F models to keep under 300#

hogleg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hogleg

I keep a hammock in my emergency bag (along with an inexpensive sleeping pad, which you absolutely need if it gets really cold).

The pad and the hammock together may be the size of a cantaloupe. I've slept in it overnight many many times.

all I'll add is don't use 550 para-cord...tying knots weakens your rope or line by half. Sooner or later you will blow para and look funny doing it.

It takes more room, but the nylon straps are worth it. Just wrap them around the bag.

crazypam

quality posts: 1 Private Messages crazypam

I got the double hammock and I don't care how it sleeps. The pool toys are taking over our shed. If I string the huge hammock under the deck it will hold a multitude of rafts, noodles, etc. and my husband have his shed back.

dolalp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dolalp

Why doesn't the large one also have netting available?
300 lbs isn't even close to what's needed.
2 people do more than just sleep.
Are there any better ones available for a good price?

scottydl

quality posts: 5 Private Messages scottydl

Another Amazon link that shows the double hammock for sale and regularly priced at $50.64 ... half that price here, on Woot, TODAY ONLY!

I'm gonna pull the trigger on this one.

hogleg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hogleg
dolalp wrote:Why doesn't the large one also have netting available?

It's not for 2 people. It's double wide. Two person hammocks look like catamarans.

ThunderThighs

Staff

digitalurbancamo wrote:I am a bit confused on the wight limit on these. Every site I go to is saying the green one is 350lb but on the product page here on woot it's saying 275. Whats the deal?

Net is permanently attached but you could flip the hammock over if you don't want it.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ejeon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ejeon
dolalp wrote:Why doesn't the large one also have netting available?

My ENO double hammock is rated to 400 lbs, and my wife and I (combined weight of 265lbs) have definitely done more than sleep in it. It looks so similar to the one on sale today, I would be shocked if they weren't both made in the same factory in wherever.

In short, you'll probably be fine. Just remember that your available... *cough cough* orientations will be somewhat limited.

yakatme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yakatme

Aaargh! I screwed up. I wanted the double hammock with the netting. I didn't realize that the hammock with the netting wasn't a double also. I ordered two hammocks with netting before I realized this. I have used hammocks for lounging around and camping a lot, so I know that the most comfortable sleeping position is diagonal on a double hammock. The single is shorter and at only 4'8" wide, I don't think that my 6'3" body is going to be able to get diagonal enough to get a comfortable good night's sleep.

lhall120

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lhall120

Yay Michigan! Tick repellent would be good in the woods here too. Lyme disease ain't as glamorous as it sounds! ;o)

WootChiq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WootChiq

Dang! Ordered the one with netting thinking it was also a double. I gotta learn to read the LARGE print. Just ordered the double also. Wish Woot! could combine my order and save me the extra $5 shipping. Dang!

digitalurbancamo

quality posts: 18 Private Messages digitalurbancamo

Based on the reviews and the weight of the product I am in for one.

ThunderThighs

Staff

WootChiq wrote:Dang! Ordered the one with netting thinking it was also a double. I gotta learn to read the LARGE print. Just ordered the double also. Wish Woot! could combine my order and save me the extra $5 shipping. Dang!

I know it's too late now but we've just added the ability to cancel your order within the first 15 minute (approximately). See the link in my signature for more info.

FORUM MODERATOR