conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3367 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Pretty good reviews (4.2 out of 5.0) over at bestbuy.com

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3367 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

TONS of very good reviews (4.6 out of 5.0) over at lowes.com

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1069 Private Messages whatsamattaU

Previous sales available, can't dig for more recent one now.
support page:
http://content.dyson.com/support/help.asp?article=32

including manual:
https://media.dyson.com/downloads/us/floorcare/manuals/dc24_opmanual_usa.pdf

Want a really old sale from 2011:
http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=4578688

maybe back later, bye

fstopdigital

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fstopdigital

Of course this is up the day after i buy a vacuum. Thanks obama.

luke975

quality posts: 13 Private Messages luke975
fstopdigital wrote:Of course this is up the day after i buy a vacuum. Thanks obama.

yeah because woot doesn't have vacuums for sale very often.

I always did like yardsales.

wahikuli166

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wahikuli166

I had the Dyson DC24 but got rid of it. It has low suction, fills the tank too fast, does not work very well on rugs, and is only good for small jobs. It was a disappointment and waste of money.
There is an oval house that gets a hole and suction is lost. When I called Dyson, they knew exactly the problem so it is a common problem.

haupt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages haupt

The specs say it comes with a warranty card, but does not say the length of the warranty. Any help on this woot? It could be a deal breaker.

DonKudler

quality posts: 4 Private Messages DonKudler

Bought one of these a while back. It's been broken twice. Same problem - the button that turns on the beater bar has broken. Total time used...maybe 20 hours.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1069 Private Messages whatsamattaU
haupt wrote:The specs say it comes with a warranty card, but does not say the length of the warranty. Any help on this woot? It could be a deal breaker.

The specs say 6 months, from Dyson, same as previous woot with 98 comments August 2, 2012 (and same price $199.99)
http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5108498

kevinwangjiakan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevinwangjiakan

First time vacuum shopper. I live in a small studio apartment by myself, with some carpet and hard floors. Is this vacuum an overkill for me? Which vacuum would you guys recommend to me? I don't usually have a whole lot to clean.

nmumark

quality posts: 9 Private Messages nmumark
kevinwangjiakan wrote:First time vacuum shopper. I live in a small studio apartment by myself, with some carpet and hard floors. Is this vacuum an overkill for me? Which vacuum would you guys recommend to me? I don't usually have a whole lot to clean.

We own a dyson a like ours a lot. However in your situation I may look at something like this:
Hoover UH70120

It's rated well by consumer reports and considered one of their best buys. In my experience hoover doesn't have the best longevity, however it should give you a good number of years of light use.
To be fair their quality could have improved in the last six years since we last owned a hoover.

If cost is not an issue I would lean towards the Dyson. It would take up the same space and do a mighty fine job of cleaning.

kmsshaffer

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kmsshaffer

We have two Dyson's. A standard upright DC?? similar to the DC40 and this one, the DC24. Our DC24 has required servicing twice; the beater motor burned out both times. We rarely us this vacuum these days otherwise, I suspect it would have been in for repair even more than it already has. The DC24 has very little suction while the standard upright does a pretty good job. At 200 bucks, the price isn't bad and this is a very light and thus seemingly easy to operate cleaner which many would find appealing. Personally, I prefer one with more suction that actually performs the job you're trying to accomplish; the upright performs this pretty well.

Also, I assume like any bag-less vacuum, keep in mind that these things need cleaning pretty often if you expect them to function properly. Unlike a bag vacuum, I would recommend emptying the canister about every time you use it. My wife hates the thing and does not like emptying it due to the resulting dust storm... so much for having HEPA filters as it gets you back each time you empty it, unless you wear a mask to do so. Again, this can be said for any bag-less system and is not unique to a Dyson.

I wrote a short review when this model was up for sale previously. Unfortunately, there are a pretty good number of Dyson groupies out there who seem to believe nothing can be wrong with a Dyson. So, take it for what it's worth. If you have a small apartment and the need for a small, lightweight vacuum take presidence over the need for a powerful vacuum, this may be right for you. Otherwise, I'd stick with an upright or get a Royal http://www.royalvacuums.com/or Kirby http://www.kirby.com/. I don't currently own either, but I want one!

krmillie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages krmillie
kevinwangjiakan wrote:First time vacuum shopper. I live in a small studio apartment by myself, with some carpet and hard floors. Is this vacuum an overkill for me? Which vacuum would you guys recommend to me? I don't usually have a whole lot to clean.

I have had my Dyson for about four years and I love it. It is lightweight and easy to carry and does a very good job at vacuuming. I used to have a Kirby, which was very heavy, although it had wonderful suction. By far, this Dyson is the best, even though I had to pay full price for it, when I got it from Sears.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 95 Private Messages radi0j0hn

I don't know why, but in my area there are always at least a half-dozen vacs at Goodwill or Salvation Army that are intact and working. You might try one (either upright or canister) for $10 and see what style you prefer...then invest in a new one if needed. Never seen a Dyson there, though!

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

colinchout

quality posts: 3 Private Messages colinchout

I will not be home next week . Want to purchase the deal .Is there anyway to delay the shipping till next week ? Anyone know ?

david223

quality posts: 2 Private Messages david223

This would be big-time overkill. Go to Wally world and get something for about $69. That's all you need.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

colinchout wrote:I will not be home next week . Want to purchase the deal .Is there anyway to delay the shipping till next week ? Anyone know ?

Sorry, no way to delay shipping. Can you have it sent to a family member or friend?

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Cost2much

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cost2much

I would totally buy one of these if it wasn't for the pompous guy in the Dyson commercials with the British accent.

MorganSS

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MorganSS

I have this same vac. Its great and Im glad I purchased it from woot.

MichXelle

quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle
conanthelibrarian wrote:TONS of very good reviews (4.6 out of 5.0) over at lowes.com

And W00T reviewers gives it 5 stars. We bought 1 in BB $549 plus tax and1 here for less then half the cost, $229 back then, no tax, $5 shipping.

This is an excellent deal for an excellent vac. We say it all the time. Neither of ours ever broke down in a good amount of years, touch wood. Our home is full of Dyson products, fans different types of vacs and always will be! They're the best.

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

MichXelle

david223 wrote:This would be big-time overkill. Go to Wally world and get something for about $69. That's all you need.

Are you kidding? G A R B A G E! NO COMPARISON!

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

IndeedJimmy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IndeedJimmy

I have learned that some people who give the bad reviews didn't regularly empty, clean, and wash their filters. Not doing this will cause clogs and a chance it may overheat.

raelalt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raelalt
Cost2much wrote:I would totally buy one of these if it wasn't for the pompous guy in the Dyson commercials with the British accent.

Yes, because it is totally rational to base one's purchasing decision on the accent of a spokesperson.

Ever had one of those days where you just felt like:
BadDay

*** 6/1/2007 Bollocks Of Cthulthu ***
Nyah, nyah, na-yah, nyah!

MichXelle

Watch for W0000T to have the DC 35, they have it often or a similar model. We have 2 and L U V them even in an over 6000 square foot home & finished walk-out basement. We use it for small daily cleanups, the kitchen after dinner, bathrooms and more. It's well worth a few day or weeks wait for W00T to have it once again. If you feel you might move to a larger space in the next year then by all means get this vac w/ the ball. We have 2 for a long time. I would stick with a Dyson model of sum sort, none of ours ever broke so far! With 6, having 4 different models that isn't by chance.

BTW. The commercial is not irritating at all. The person complaining is being ridiculous or only buys the Bag of ........s on here or cheap items perhaps. ;)

http://www.dyson.com/vacuums/handhelds/dc35/dc35-multi-floor.aspx

kevinwangjiakan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevinwangjiakan
MichXelle wrote:Watch for W0000T to have the DC 35, they have it often or a similar model. We have 2 and L U V them even in an over 6000 square foot home & finished walk-out basement. We use it for small daily cleanups, the kitchen after dinner, bathrooms and more. It's well worth a few day or weeks wait for W00T to have it once again. If you feel you might move to a larger space in the next year then by all means get this vac w/ the ball. We have 2 for a long time. I would stick with a Dyson model of sum sort, none of ours ever broke so far! With 6, having 4 different models that isn't by chance.

BTW. The commercial is not irritating at all. The person complaining is being ridiculous or only buys the Bag of ........s on here or cheap items perhaps. ;)

http://www.dyson.com/vacuums/handhelds/dc35/dc35-multi-floor.aspx

I prefer to live in downtown of a big city so I don't think I'll get a really big place in the next few years. I might move to a 1 bedroom apt once my gf came to live with me next year though. So I guess the DC 35 best meets my needs then?

DonKudler

quality posts: 4 Private Messages DonKudler
raelalt wrote:Yes, because it is totally rational to base one's purchasing decision on the accent of a spokesperson.

Rationality has nothing to do with it. Why do you think they use a guy with a British accent in the first place...??? Perhaps seen as more trustworthy, smarter, etc.? Read You Are Not So Smart ( http://youarenotsosmart.com/the-book/

maugansc

quality posts: 2 Private Messages maugansc

Have one - had it over a year, from Woot. It's awesome buy it

mbowserjr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mbowserjr
DonKudler wrote:Bought one of these a while back. It's been broken twice. Same problem - the button that turns on the beater bar has broken. Total time used...maybe 20 hours.

Same thing here, but my issue was the plastic step release along with the beater bar button. Dyson's also loose suction really quickly contrary to their claims. I have a Electrolux now that has lasted a year without any issues and NO loss of suction.

mbowserjr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mbowserjr

Horrible vacuum. They break, they clog, they lose suction, basically everything that they promise won't happen, but you can expect that from any vacuum, it's just that Dyson's are trendy and cost a crap load. Also, there are WAY too many pieces to it if you want to clear a clog as you have to take it apart to gain access to the area that seems to cause the most clogging, which is just behind the brush head.

dliidlii

quality posts: 33 Private Messages dliidlii
MichXelle wrote:Are you kidding? G A R B A G E! NO COMPARISON!

No it's not. Lots of vacuums ,like Hoover, are half the cost of this Dyson and perform as well or better and will last just as long or longer.

vfesta

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vfesta
DonKudler wrote:Bought one of these a while back. It's been broken twice. Same problem - the button that turns on the beater bar has broken. Total time used...maybe 20 hours.

dwoods12

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dwoods12

Yeah, I'm not sure about you guys, but I've heard this thing really sucks?

Witness

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Witness
DonKudler wrote:Rationality has nothing to do with it. Why do you think they use a guy with a British accent in the first place...??? Perhaps seen as more trustworthy, smarter, etc.? Read You Are Not So Smart

The "guy with the British accent" is James Dyson - the founder and inventor of the Dyson line of products. He's not a "spokesperson".