WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Are you hearing fireworks where you live yet?
  • 56.3% - Yes 1117
  • 35.2% - Not yet 699
  • 2.5% - People don't do that here 50
  • 5.9% - Constantly, I live on a fireworks testing range 117
1983 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

ibanezfoo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ibanezfoo

I live next to an apartment complex we call District 9 because its basically a trash pile filled with (illegal) aliens. They've been shooting off fireworks for the last couple months. Cops don't care. Neighbors are all pissed but what can you do?

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

For some reason, one firework (sp?) has been set off every night for the past week. About 10:30 PM every night, one goes off and that's it for the entire day.

ibanezfoo wrote:I live next to an apartment complex we call District 9 because its basically a trash pile filled with (illegal) aliens. They've been shooting off fireworks for the last couple months. Cops don't care. Neighbors are all pissed but what can you do?

Turn yourself into one of them and use their own bio-encoded weapons against them.

swantner

quality posts: 2 Private Messages swantner

Considering half the state is on fire, oddly enough no, no fireworks.

ardubu

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ardubu

Canada Day! Yeah!
One big party July 1-4!!!

If you want, you pay...
But, if you need, you pay more!

wootmatthew

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootmatthew

ANSWER: Maybe, but how do I distinguish between gun shots and random fireworks?

entouragevol

quality posts: 0 Private Messages entouragevol

My town already had their big celebration this past weekend. Apparently its unAmerican to have a holiday in the middle of the week. Anyways that will make the illegal fireworks worse come Thursday.

photobobk

quality posts: 4 Private Messages photobobk

At my last neighborhood (large suburb), fireworks "practice" began around Memorial Day with nightly firefights. Would slowly increase in intensity until around 7/1 when it would be day and night. After the Fourth, we'd hear nightly firefights until about mid-month as they used up the leftovers...

Now that I live in a more rural area, it's blessedly quiet.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 39 Private Messages PocketBrain

Yes/maybe? I hear gunshots/fireworks on a relatively regular basis all year round here in southern Georgia.

Woot Stats
Woots/Qty total: 420 duuude
Notable woot events:
  • Sonic Trivia Quiz 1 runner-up. I got Bupkus!
  • Nov. 17 '06: Bought out Kensington PocketMouse Wireless USB Mouse
Barrels of Cheddar obtained:
  • 11/17/06: 1st
  • 12/25/07, 2nd
  • 7/12/08 3rd (1st "want three.")
  • 12/25/08 4th
  • 05/15/09 5th
  • 9/25/09 6th
  • 2/25/10 7TH
  • 4/28/10 8th
  • 7/12/10 9th (BBOC wootlites)
  • 8/20/10 10th
  • 9/22/10 11th
  • 9/14/11 12th
  • 12/25/11 13th
  • 3/22/12 14th

jeparz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeparz

In New York City it's higher on the crime list than Big Gulps.

ginbak

quality posts: 10 Private Messages ginbak

I heard a pretty big display going off somewhere east of my house Saturday night. Locals set of m80s and rockets on any nice weekend - so that's not a big deal. Gunshots are so common you don't even look up from what you're doing.

Country livin'.

jsnarwhal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsnarwhal

Usually they are scattered around this time of year in my area, then the Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup making them more constant a bit earlier than usual!

MADJEDDAI

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MADJEDDAI

Yeah, we just barely legalized the small fireworks here, sparklers and snakes and little firecrackers and such. The good stuff is still off-limits. Which, seeing as we've got giant fires happening all over, is probably, unfortunately, for the best.

pmillsrulz

quality posts: 6 Private Messages pmillsrulz

Live on the rez, so the big stuff has gone off nightly for the past three weeks. My dog is now a hairless breed due to stress.

dcigary

quality posts: 11 Private Messages dcigary

Live next to a Six Flags park, so every night during the summer at 9:00pm we're treated to booming.

century33

quality posts: 0 Private Messages century33

Yes but the voices in my head are still louder..

labyrinthia

quality posts: 14 Private Messages labyrinthia

Virtually all fireworks are banned in my state, yet every night, my neighborhood sounds like a war zone.