WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

TVs Bigger Than Most Pets

Look at your pet. Aren't they entertaining? Sweet little beastie. Okay, now imagine your pet is standing right in front of the TV during the season premiere of that show you've been waiting for. What do you say? If it's "PET, GET OUT OF THE WAY OF THE TV!" you've got your priorities straight. And thus, you need a TV.

VetteLT193

quality posts: 6 Private Messages VetteLT193

I own the Sharp 70 LED. I bought it to replace a 58" Plasma because we run it basically any time we are home and the plasma was sucking power and putting off heat like crazy.

The out of the box settings stink, but if you do a search you can get settings from a couple of forums that make it a very nice set. The picture quality isn't as vivid as the Plasma (Plasma still has the best picture) but I was able to get it close. I have had no problems with it and would highly recommend! The price is quite good. I paid about the same for my local Costco's floor model.

Woob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Woob

I own the 70" LED backlit LCD. The picture quality is not the best, but it's nice to have such a large screen in a big room. To elaborate on the picture quality, the back lighting doesn't seem even and looks cloudy especially in dark scenes. I've seen the same TV at Sam's with the same issue but less exaggerated, probably due to the brightness and contrast being cranked up.

I paid $2650 for this TV new about 2 years ago and it's definitely been worth it for what it is (a bigass screen).

bobdo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bobdo

It's Viewmongous!

VetteLT193

quality posts: 6 Private Messages VetteLT193
Woob wrote:I own the 70" LED backlit LCD. The picture quality is not the best, but it's nice to have such a large screen in a big room. To elaborate on the picture quality, the back lighting doesn't seem even and looks cloudy especially in dark scenes. I've seen the same TV at Sam's with the same issue but less exaggerated, probably due to the brightness and contrast being cranked up.

I paid $2650 for this TV new about 2 years ago and it's definitely been worth it for what it is (a bigass screen).

Like I posted already, I had issues at first too... I researched settings and they are almost all gone with the tweaks. The out of the box settings stink.

klausboop

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klausboop

Looks like VIZIO E701i-A3 is the same one that was on tech.woot last week and I regretted not buying it; now they're giving me another chance but making it harder with all these other choices!

saltysurfer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages saltysurfer

http://www.costco.com/TCL-58%E2%80%9D-Class-1080p-120Hz-LED-HDTV-LE58FHDE3000X.product.100039973.html

Refurbished should go for less.

MichXelle

quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle
saltysurfer wrote:http://www.costco.com/TCL-58%E2%80%9D-Class-1080p-120Hz-LED-HDTV-LE58FHDE3000X.product.100039973.html

Refurbished should go for less.

I don't see the same TV listed on here, not even the brand or size. So what are you talking about?

Compare apples to apples.

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

nakedwooter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nakedwooter
VetteLT193 wrote:Like I posted already, I had issues at first too... I researched settings and they are almost all gone with the tweaks. The out of the box settings stink.

so someone can't post if they're view is about the same?... Wiring the Future! is that about

hobbitus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hobbitus

I have the 70" Sharp. I think the picture is exceptional. That is, with HD TV and connections. I replaced a 55" Samsung Plasma, which did run hot. It only lasted a couple of years...and cost plenty. The viewing distance to the 70" is about 14'. I feel the 80" would need a longer viewing distance/room. Speakers are good, for a flat screen. I returned an LG awhile back because the speakers were horrid and the picture doesn't compare to the Sharp.

Bogie21

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Bogie21

Did a little 55" research since That's about the size I'm looking for...

Same refurbished model pricing:
Walmart - $699.72
TigerDirect - $649.99

Non-Referb:
$774.99
Amazon - $816.96

blacktux

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blacktux

bought a tv from woot recently, found that you cant change or cancel your order in any way. Had recently moved, forgot to update, emailed minutes after order. they told me to find a way to intercept the package. Got it from UPS, the unit i got looked like it had been returned already or something. It wasnt packaged properly, the glass side was against the box. the back of the tv had padding. this box was inside another box that had padding again only on one side. the glass side in all was the side with no padding. the tape on the inner tv box pealed off like it had been taken off several times <--- why i think it was returned.

When you turn the tv on you hear a loud pop. Woot is offering full refund and provided a shipping label to return the defective tv. Putting a sticker on the tv saying that i returned it on x date, maybe someone will get it after me.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

blacktux wrote:bought a tv from woot recently, found that you cant change or cancel your order in any way. Had recently moved, forgot to update, emailed minutes after order. they told me to find a way to intercept the package. Got it from UPS, the unit i got looked like it had been returned already or something. It wasnt packaged properly, the glass side was against the box. the back of the tv had padding. this box was inside another box that had padding again only on one side. the glass side in all was the side with no padding. the tape on the inner tv box pealed off like it had been taken off several times <--- why i think it was returned.

When you turn the tv on you hear a loud pop. Woot is offering full refund and provided a shipping label to return the defective tv. Putting a sticker on the tv saying that i returned it on x date, maybe someone will get it after me.

We now have a new Order Cancellation process to allow members to cancel their orders within 15 minutes of the purchase.

After you return you defective television, the television is usually processed and returned to the manufacturer. Returns are never redistributed back into future offers.

captainpooka

quality posts: 0 Private Messages captainpooka
ROGETRAY wrote:We now have a new Order Cancellation process to allow members to cancel their orders within 15 minutes of the purchase.

After you return you defective television, the television is usually processed and returned to the manufacturer. Returns are never redistributed back into future offers.

Bam!

ROGETRAY

Staff

stv6669

quality posts: 6 Private Messages stv6669
blacktux wrote:bought a tv from woot recently, found that you cant change or cancel your order in any way. Had recently moved, forgot to update, emailed minutes after order. they told me to find a way to intercept the package. Got it from UPS, the unit i got looked like it had been returned already or something. It wasnt packaged properly, the glass side was against the box. the back of the tv had padding. this box was inside another box that had padding again only on one side. the glass side in all was the side with no padding. the tape on the inner tv box pealed off like it had been taken off several times <--- why i think it was returned.

I bought a woot TV about 3 weeks ago and I noticed a huge crack in the plastic on arrival. It was clear that the crack was in the plastic before it was wrapped and boxed so the quality control just didn't care. All of the protective guarding was immaculate including the Styrofoam surrounding it. This isn't woots fault it was the manufacturers fault. I decided not to return the TV since it still functions well and woot has never done me wrong in the past. Sometimes you just bite a bullet for a quality place that you know had no fault and sometimes you can't.

heussenstein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heussenstein

Sharp 60" vs. LG 55". The 5" difference isn't a huge concern to me; what I care about is picture quality. In reading reviews, some question the 120hz claim on the LG, but there are concerns with the Sharp too.

So - which one should I get?

amnesiac1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amnesiac1

If buying the "Xtreme Cables 18013 Flat Adjustable Wall Bracket with Tilt & Level for 32-60" TVs" don't trust the level. China has a different interpretation of "level".

ashli143

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ashli143
nakedwooter wrote:so someone can't post if they're view is about the same?... Wiring the Future! is that about

Did you read the posts IN FULL? If you did I doubt you'd make such a quick assumption... Especially since the guy was trying to help. But his bad, right?

cswift22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cswift22
heussenstein wrote:Sharp 60" vs. LG 55". The 5" difference isn't a huge concern to me; what I care about is picture quality. In reading reviews, some question the 120hz claim on the LG, but there are concerns with the Sharp too.

So - which one should I get?

I've had a 32" LG for 3 years now, and honestly it's the best TV I've ever owned. Super reliable, great picture, been moved three times, syncs perfectly with my LG bluray. I won't buy a tv from anyone else again.

phasornc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phasornc

The 55" LG is poorly packaged, not original box. The base and base neck were literally bouncing around in the box denting and scratching the TV while it was transported. Also the screen was cracked in multiple places.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

phasornc wrote:The 55" LG is poorly packaged, not original box. The base and base neck were literally bouncing around in the box denting and scratching the TV while it was transported. Also the screen was cracked in multiple places.

i'm really sorry to hear that.
please email Support@Woot.com so we can help.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

jgzoock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jgzoock

I am nervous about buying a refurbished tv. What happens if the thing is cracked or stops working in a few months? What have other people's experiences been like?

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

jgzoock wrote:I am nervous about buying a refurbished tv. What happens if the thing is cracked or stops working in a few months? What have other people's experiences been like?

well, i can put on my "staff" hat & tell you this:
if it arrives damaged or stops working within 90 days, it'll be covered under a warranty through Woot (as noted on the features pages for each TV).

with this sort of investment, it wouldn't necessarily be ill-advised to purchase the SquareTrade extended warranty. (to do this, click the SquareTrade button at the bottom of the Features tab.)

in any event, if you experience trouble with the TV, you can always email Support@Woot.com and our CS team will assist you & make sure your television viewing disruption is minimal.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

jacobrd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jacobrd

Can someone please post a comment on how the Sharps have been shipping out? Good units, packaging and overall condition? I almost pushed the button on a non refurb , non-smart 60" Aquos from best buy but I noticed this one.

thank you!

mzimmerman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mzimmerman

Has anyone's order shipped yet? My 70" VIZIO has been stuck at "shipping now" for 5 days.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mzimmerman wrote:Has anyone's order shipped yet? My 70" VIZIO has been stuck at "shipping now" for 5 days.

Don't forget that July 4 threw a kink in the shipping schedule so allow a bit more time. You're probably seeing the initial info where they notify the freight company of an impending shipment.

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mzimmerman

ThunderThighs wrote:Don't forget that July 4 threw a kink in the shipping schedule so allow a bit more time. You're probably seeing the initial info where they notify the freight company of an impending shipment.

Yeah, I haven't gotten that far where I can check a tracking number. The status has just been "shipping now" for 5 days and the tracking is unavailable.

klausboop

mzimmerman wrote:Has anyone's order shipped yet? My 70" VIZIO has been stuck at "shipping now" for 5 days.

Same here. Further, while I have a tracking number, clicking the tracking number link on my orders page just brings me back to the orders page, which is disconcerting!

mzimmerman

klausboop wrote:Same here. Further, while I have a tracking number, clicking the tracking number link on my orders page just brings me back to the orders page, which is disconcerting!

How long have you had a tracking number? Have you tried copying the tracking number and going to the UPS/FedEx site and entering it manually?

amantel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amantel
klausboop wrote:Same here. Further, while I have a tracking number, clicking the tracking number link on my orders page just brings me back to the orders page, which is disconcerting!

Woot may be using an unusual 3PL, try your tracking number here: http://harmony.myseko.com/track

ThunderThighs

Staff

amantel wrote:Woot may be using an unusual 3PL, try your tracking number here: http://harmony.myseko.com/track

Correct. Items this large must ship freight. You will be called to arrange a delivery time.

Use the site note above. Your tracking number is WTxxxxxx where xxxxxx is your Woot order number. For example, WT1234567.

Looks like they've started moving today.

••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mzimmerman

ThunderThighs wrote:Correct. Items this large must ship freight. You will be called to arrange a delivery time.

Use the site note above. Your tracking number is WTxxxxxx where xxxxxx is your Woot order number. For example, WT1234567.

Looks like they've started moving today.

This helped. Mine shows as dispatched with a delivery of next Tuesday.

klausboop

ThunderThighs wrote:Use the site note above. Your tracking number is WTxxxxxx where xxxxxx is your Woot order number. For example, WT1234567.

Thank you, the tracking number woot provided worked at http://harmony.myseko.com/track. Clicking the link on my woot page still does nothing so I appreciate that you're providing us support here!

The statuses on this site are odd though...what does "On Hand DEST Left Message for Consignee" mean?

ThunderThighs

Staff

klausboop wrote:Thank you, the tracking number woot provided worked at http://harmony.myseko.com/track. Clicking the link on my woot page still does nothing so I appreciate that you're providing us support here!

The statuses on this site are odd though...what does "On Hand DEST Left Message for Consignee" mean?

I'm not sure but I believe you would be the consignee. Sounds like they left you a message? It will be on the phone number on record in "Your Account".

klausboop

ThunderThighs wrote:I'm not sure but I believe you would be the consignee. Sounds like they left you a message? It will be on the phone number on record in "Your Account".

Oh, ugh...I assumed that must be what it means, but I have not gotten a message from them so I was hoping it meant something else. I just double-checked my account and the phone number I have listed is correct.

klausboop

ThunderThighs wrote:I'm not sure but I believe you would be the consignee. Sounds like they left you a message?

For anyone else has the "On Hand DEST Left Message for Consignee" notation on the tracking site, but hasn't actually received the message: I called the customer service line at (800) 323-1235 and they were able to help me out with no problem. They couldn't explain the discrepancy, but I'm taking delivery tomorrow!

Thanks again for the help, ThunderThighs!

an0dyne1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages an0dyne1

Hey guys, anyone else order from seko before? I got this when I put in my tracking number (which only showed up today, despite the date in the message)

Create Date 7/9/2013 10:41:00 PMTime 10:41PMMessage Status changed to [In Transit] via MAWB Closeout Procedure

ROGETRAY

Staff

an0dyne1 wrote:Hey guys, anyone else order from seko before? I got this when I put in my tracking number (which only showed up today, despite the date in the message)

Create Date 7/9/2013 10:41:00 PMTime 10:41PMMessage Status changed to [In Transit] via MAWB Closeout Procedure

If you're having issues with using tracking from MySeko, let us know and we'll be able to help you out.

klausboop

an0dyne1 wrote:Hey guys, anyone else order from seko before?

I found their tracking codes to be a little odd as well, but called them at (800) 323-1235 and they were fantastic. Took delivery yesterday, was watching Blu-Rays last night