an0dyne1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages an0dyne1
klausboop wrote:I found their tracking codes to be a little odd as well, but called them at (800) 323-1235 and they were fantastic. Took delivery yesterday, was watching Blu-Rays last night

Well I called, and it's still quite a ways out for me. The lady was helpful, and hopefully I'll receive it by the middle of next week . . .

I've never used Seko before, do they handle their packages better that UPS and FedEx?

benmachine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benmachine
an0dyne1 wrote:Well I called, and it's still quite a ways out for me. The lady was helpful, and hopefully I'll receive it by the middle of next week . . .

I've never used Seko before, do they handle their packages better that UPS and FedEx?

Not sure it is Seko's fault, but my Vizio 65" came in today. It was trashed. The thin, poorly packaged box was a wreck- the foam corners that supported the tv obviously dislodged during transit, and the heavy base was thrashing about in the box.

The metal back is beaten in several different areas. When I powered the unit on, there are definite light spots from where the backlighting was thrown out of whack. Worse, the tv itself has a large fracture in the glass. This really looks more like a problem with the packing than with Seko

I hope Woot still has some of the 240hz 65" for exchange, because mine is definitely not in merchantable condition.

manhandsha

quality posts: 35 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

benmachine wrote:Not sure it is Seko's fault, but my Vizio 65" came in today. It was trashed. The thin, poorly packaged box was a wreck- the foam corners that supported the tv obviously dislodged during transit, and the heavy base was thrashing about in the box.

The metal back is beaten in several different areas. When I powered the unit on, there are definite light spots from where the backlighting was thrown out of whack. Worse, the tv itself has a large fracture in the glass. This really looks more like a problem with the packing than with Seko

I hope Woot still has some of the 240hz 65" for exchange, because mine is definitely not in merchantable condition.

That's a total bummer! Did you email Woot Member Services with your situation? If not, I'd suggest doing so, and be sure to include your user ID and order number. support@woot.com

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

FearLES

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FearLES

Received my 70" VIZIO E701i-A3 yesterday. It arrived in a nondescript LARGE cardboard box, with foam padding in the corners, and strapping tape. The unit appeared to be adequately packaged and handled.

Upon powering up the unit - I noticed that the lower right hand corner has a problem with the backlight. When viewing a full white screen - the lower right is a dull gray. Clearly the LED backlighting is damaged.

So - the unit arrived in non-working condition... and my option is to now PAY to have the unit shipped to RMA for repair??

I just sent an e-mail to WOOT Customer Service... I hope they take care of this disappointment... send me a replacement unit, and collect this damaged goods.

megcardna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megcardna
FearLES wrote:Received my 70" VIZIO E701i-A3 yesterday. It arrived in a nondescript LARGE cardboard box, with foam padding in the corners, and strapping tape. The unit appeared to be adequately packaged and handled.

Upon powering up the unit - I noticed that the lower right hand corner has a problem with the backlight. When viewing a full white screen - the lower right is a dull gray. Clearly the LED backlighting is damaged.

So - the unit arrived in non-working condition... and my option is to now PAY to have the unit shipped to RMA for repair??

I just sent an e-mail to WOOT Customer Service... I hope they take care of this disappointment... send me a replacement unit, and collect this damaged goods.

Sounds like I'm not the only one disappointed with this deal. I ordered the Sharp 80" and it was just delivered yesterday. Same packaging as yours, hardly and foam support at all. Got the darn thing almost on the wall before I noticed that it looked like it had been dropped on the top left corner and the entire screen was busted in. Contacted Woot support and they are supposed to be sending someone to pick it up so I can be refunded -- no replacement for me! There were no more available. If I have to pay to have that broken TV shipped back, Woot can count me out of buying anything more from them!

an0dyne1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages an0dyne1
an0dyne1 wrote:Well I called, and it's still quite a ways out for me. The lady was helpful, and hopefully I'll receive it by the middle of next week . . .

Well I finally received my Sharp 70in last night. The box was in good condition, and there was plenty of Styrofoam to support it.

After reading some of the horror stories, I immediately opened it and looked for damage - so far so good.

The picture is excellent and everything looks good. I'm sorry to hear that a few have been disappointed when they opened the packaging.

benmachine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benmachine
megcardna wrote:Sounds like I'm not the only one disappointed with this deal. I ordered the Sharp 80" and it was just delivered yesterday. Same packaging as yours, hardly and foam support at all. Got the darn thing almost on the wall before I noticed that it looked like it had been dropped on the top left corner and the entire screen was busted in. Contacted Woot support and they are supposed to be sending someone to pick it up so I can be refunded -- no replacement for me! There were no more available. If I have to pay to have that broken TV shipped back, Woot can count me out of buying anything more from them!

No replacement for me, either. Definitely not cool. If this is the fault of Woot's source for the refurbs, I would hope Woot would verify their packaging next time. Both Woot and I lost out on this deal, and it is a darn shame. Back to my increasingly flaky 32" tv....