WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Floorcare, Your Care

Your feet are gross. The bottoms of your shoes are grosser. Your dog's feet? The grossest! What we're getting is that your floor takes a friggin' beating down there! You gotta care for it, you love it, you gotta clean it!

nhewey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nhewey

Some good reviews for the Bissell 16971 on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Bissell-PowerSteamer-PowerBrush-Upright-Cleaner/product-reviews/B004RD9LVK/

torturegarden

quality posts: 4 Private Messages torturegarden

Are any of these particularly good sucking up cat furs? I'd rather try a new vacuum before shaving the cats.

Samus

quality posts: 20 Private Messages Samus
torturegarden wrote:Are any of these particularly good sucking up cat furs? I'd rather try a new vacuum before shaving the cats.

I've always preferred bag vacuums since I got a cat (6 years ago.) Having gone through quite a few vacuums in my lifetime, my 20 year old Kenmore Elite (bag) still works, and the bags are very cheap on eBay in bulk, much cheaper than replacing filters and other crap other canister vacuums need constantly when a furry pet is involved.

If you do the math, the maintenance cost for a bag vacuum is a fraction of a canister. The last canister vac I had, a Bissel, needed a quarterly canister filter, an annual HEPA filter, and a semi-annual pre-filter. The belt also broke twice in the two years I had it.

DarkZrobe

quality posts: 44 Private Messages DarkZrobe
Samus wrote:I've always preferred bag vacuums since I got a cat (6 years ago.) Having gone through quite a few vacuums in my lifetime, my 20 year old Kenmore Elite (bag) still works, and the bags are very cheap on eBay in bulk, much cheaper than replacing filters and other crap other canister vacuums need constantly when a furry pet is involved.

If you do the math, the maintenance cost for a bag vacuum is a fraction of a canister. The last canister vac I had, a Bissel, needed a quarterly canister filter, an annual HEPA filter, and a semi-annual pre-filter. The belt also broke twice in the two years I had it.

I also agree. Bagged vacuums work a lot better and are MUCH easier to clean. I used to spend way to much time cleaning out the insides of the bagless ones. I dont think I will go back to bagless for a long time. (Pet Owner)

kevinwangjiakan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevinwangjiakan

Thinking about getting the DC 35 now. Is it right for me?

I live in a studio apartment by myself with no pets. Need to clean carpet and hard floor. Might move to a one bedroom apartment next year, but don't plan to get a house anytime soon.

cowboyesfan

quality posts: 10 Private Messages cowboyesfan

Does this work on tile floors as well as carpet?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 177 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

cowboyesfan wrote:Does this work on tile floors as well as carpet?

Which sale are you asking about?

03wrbwrx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 03wrbwrx
Samus wrote:I've always preferred bag vacuums since I got a cat (6 years ago.) Having gone through quite a few vacuums in my lifetime, my 20 year old Kenmore Elite (bag) still works, and the bags are very cheap on eBay in bulk, much cheaper than replacing filters and other crap other canister vacuums need constantly when a furry pet is involved.

What does the belt breaking twice have anything to do with the fact that it was a canister?

Oh yea, nothing.

As far as "costs," doesn't Dyson have lifetime washable filters? No extra cost there. Only extra cost I see are the bags you have to buy that I don't.

edit: "Filter: Lifetime washable HEPA filter"

I guess so.

And since we're throwing this around as if we're an authority, I'm a lifetime dog owner. My Dyson DC33 is the best vacuum I've ever had.

bpr2

quality posts: 182 Private Messages bpr2
torturegarden wrote:Are any of these particularly good sucking up cat furs? I'd rather try a new vacuum before shaving the cats.

do you mean that you want to vacuum your cats?

that was fun while it lasted!

ceagee

quality posts: 66 Private Messages ceagee
bpr2 wrote:do you mean that you want to vacuum your cats?

ceagee

quality posts: 66 Private Messages ceagee

Or does your cat want to vacuum ?

MichXelle

quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle

The Dyson's do. I have an attachment for my Golden Retriever dog and he doesn't mind it at all. He has a lot of hair especially in the summer it's on my floors.

I have almost all the Dyson models except for the very newest and I'm happy with all of them.

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.