WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Swell Kitchen Stuff

What a nice kitchen you have here. Sure would be a shame if anything were to happen to it. You'd have to replace all these nice appliances with brand new ones. Tut tut. Yes, I'm a mafioso who says "Tut, tut." Yous got a problem with that? 

the NIV

quality posts: 1 Private Messages the NIV

Re the Emile Henry Rectangular Baking Stone - Black - Last time (Just before Labor Day) I was happily in for three, unfortunately $5 shipping means someone in Woot's Order fulfillment wasn't up on the laws of physics and packed, shipped and delivered all three items in a single box with absolutely no protective materials. A box of rocks and dust was all that arrived.

So Buyers beware - Woot needs to address this mistake and confirm they've corrected the problem before consumers waste money and time chasing down refunds.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Good point! We did identify problems with the packing on these and have worked with both the vendors and warehouses to pack these much better.

(Continued apologies to those that received stone remnants in your order last time.)

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ltomko

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ltomko

I own the Breville Panini Grill. It is great and easy to use. One drawback is that the griddle plates are not removable which makes this a pain to cleanup.

mrln

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mrln

Think someone was in a rush, and messed up. Not sure though.

Zwilling J.A. Henckels 30341-204 Twin Cuisine 8" Chef Knife has the santoku specs also listed under the description _and_ the specs.

You seem to have chosen to list the santoku separately under this woot plus.

The santoku has the B-grade warning. The chef does not. Did you drop the B-grade warning on the chef when you split the listing up? The recent Amazon Gold Box Deal of the Day had a similar/same chef knife that was B-grade.

TLDR--
(1) repair the chef listing specs + description, only a chef not santoku is offered
(2) check if chef is B-grade, add B-grade warning

countdown

quality posts: 14 Private Messages countdown
ThunderThighs wrote:Good point! We did identify problems with the packing on these and have worked with both the vendors and warehouses to pack these much better.

(Continued apologies to those that received stone remnants in your order last time.)

How about a shipping coupon? I ordered it last time with some other small item I threw in, and when the main item I ordered (the baking stone) arrived in tiny pieces and was refunded, I essentially ended up paying $5 shipping on an $8 power strip (which I would not have bought on its own like that). I was not happy and I am still not happy even after emailing support. Instead I still feel scammed into buying something and paying shipping on it when I would not have otherwise.

ThunderThighs

Staff

countdown wrote:How about a shipping coupon? I ordered it last time with some other small item I threw in, and when the main item I ordered (the baking stone) arrived in tiny pieces and was refunded, I essentially ended up paying $5 shipping on an $8 power strip (which I would not have bought on its own like that). I was not happy and I am still not happy even after emailing support. Instead I still feel scammed into buying something and paying shipping on it when I would not have otherwise.

That would be a question for customer service. Tip: use lots of nice words.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mrln

ThunderThighs wrote:Tip: use lots of nice words.

Any luck in getting clarification on whether the chef knife is also B-grade?

amitkc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amitkc

How about a deal on the coffee pods for the CBTL coffee/espresso maker on here? I bought one in the last go-around a couple of months ago, and keep having to go to Amazon or BB&B for my supplies.

Rather give my dineros to Woot (i.e. Amazon) on a killer deal ...

mrln

Well, I've asked twice, but woot's been unresponsive. Unfortunately, this has been happening more lately (esp. with warranty questions). Not sure if the mods can't get answers or are just ignoring people.

To potential buyers, AFAIK, all of the Henckels knives recently on woot had been sold with a note that they are new but B-grade...except for this chef knife.

The chef knife listing isn't even consistent itself.

The one sold on the Amazon Gold Box recently [B00066EOVO] was Zwilling J.A. Henckels 30341-203 Twin Cuisine 8" Chef Knife and was B-grade.

The one listed here:

--the title has a slightly different part number in the title, -204 instead of -203, but same knife name.
--the stats has the -204 part number but then adds that it's the II version of the knife.

Probably very similar or the same thing.

The only place I could find the II version of the knife was on Williams-Sonoma (which had no relevant part number), where it said it was exclusive, so another ding that these are probably B-grades even though woot refuses to mention it.

paul1591

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paul1591
ThunderThighs wrote:Good point! We did identify problems with the packing on these and have worked with both the vendors and warehouses to pack these much better.

Another buyer who got a box of rocks, (UPS wouldn't even deliver the replacement order,also a box of rox) That must have been a very large charge to the "let's not do this again" fund.

ThunderThighs

Staff

amitkc wrote:How about a deal on the coffee pods for the CBTL coffee/espresso maker on here? I bought one in the last go-around a couple of months ago, and keep having to go to Amazon or BB&B for my supplies.

Rather give my dineros to Woot (i.e. Amazon) on a killer deal ...

I'll pass your request on. That might be something we have a hard time getting a competitive price but it's worth researching.

FORUM MODERATOR

ThunderThighs

Staff

mrln wrote:Any luck in getting clarification on whether the chef knife is also B-grade?

I've just emailed. Let me see what I can find out. Problem is that we may not have samples for that and a holiday is looming. But I'm trying!

UPDATE: But today is your lucky day. These are 'B' grade and the sale has been updated.

FORUM MODERATOR

mrln

ThunderThighs wrote:I've just emailed. Let me see what I can find out. Problem is that we may not have samples for that and a holiday is looming. But I'm trying!

UPDATE: But today is your lucky day. These are 'B' grade and the sale has been updated.

Thanks. Looks like nearly the same knife sold on the Amazon Gold Box recently via woot, except for the last digit in the part number. Got one of those.

I'll pick up one of the soundbars instead then shortly.

countdown

quality posts: 14 Private Messages countdown
ThunderThighs wrote:That would be a question for customer service. Tip: use lots of nice words.

If nice words are actually a factor, I will be pretty disappointed. That said, looking at the email I sent to customer support, I used perfectly polite words (and not in a sarcastic manner). I speak my mind, and I thought I had a reasonable point (so I was not feeling enraged in any way). If this is not enough to get a little bit of satisfaction from customer service, rest assured I will be singing my problems to the world (as I am doing here).

Here is my message to Woot customer service after being informed the broken stone would be refunded:

Thank you, ______.
I was wondering; will the cost of this shipping also be refunded? Honestly I would not have made the purchase of the other item in the order if I was not already willing to pay shipping on this baking stone. As it stands right now, if I do not get shipping refunded, I will have paid $5 on a $9 surge protector, which is crazy.

-------
The response from woot was curt and failed to re-assure me that my point was clearly understood.

theglassrat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages theglassrat
countdown wrote:If nice words are actually a factor, I will be pretty disappointed. That said, looking at the email I sent to customer support, I used perfectly polite words (and not in a sarcastic manner). I speak my mind, and I thought I had a reasonable point (so I was not feeling enraged in any way). If this is not enough to get a little bit of satisfaction from customer service, rest assured I will be singing my problems to the world (as I am doing here).

Here is my message to Woot customer service after being informed the broken stone would be refunded:

Thank you, ______.
I was wondering; will the cost of this shipping also be refunded? Honestly I would not have made the purchase of the other item in the order if I was not already willing to pay shipping on this baking stone. As it stands right now, if I do not get shipping refunded, I will have paid $5 on a $9 surge protector, which is crazy.

-------
The response from woot was curt and failed to re-assure me that my point was clearly understood.

I've had similar issues with Woot customer support. Still waiting weeks later for refunds on two TVs (I ordered two in a row which arrived DOA), which I had to spend $90 myself to ship back (Woot paid for the UPS label, but nothing else required to ship from Brooklyn). Also no response as to whether any of that would be refunded. I wouldn't care so much, except that I've spent $1000s and have 90 Woots!

EDIT: I know this might be considered slightly off-topic, but I consider it on-topic in case one needs to be refunded for the stone if it ships the same way as happened previously.

ginawoot

quality posts: 17 Private Messages ginawoot
theglassrat wrote:I've had similar issues with Woot customer support. Still waiting weeks later for refunds on two TVs (I ordered two in a row which arrived DOA), which I had to spend $90 myself to ship back (Woot paid for the UPS label, but nothing else required to ship from Brooklyn). Also no response as to whether any of that would be refunded.

Thank you. I'm in the market for a TV, but I will stop perusing Woot's offerings now. I really don't need that kind of hassle.

ginawoot

quality posts: 17 Private Messages ginawoot
countdown wrote:If nice words are actually a factor, I will be pretty disappointed.

I'm with you. A (non-expiring) shipping coupon should have been an automatic gesture of goodwill, with any nice words being directed from Woot to their disappointed and inconvenienced customers. That would have been the Woot of old, anyway.

moiran

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moiran

the NIV wrote:Re the Emile Henry Rectangular Baking Stone - Black - Last time (Just before Labor Day) I was happily in for three, unfortunately $5 shipping means someone in Woot's Order fulfillment wasn't up on the laws of physics and packed, shipped and delivered all three items in a single box with absolutely no protective materials. A box of rocks and dust was all that arrived.

So Buyers beware - Woot needs to address this mistake and confirm they've corrected the problem before consumers waste money and time chasing down refunds.

Agreed. The same thing happened to me with my purchase of a single unit. It was the item in a box with no cushioning. I got a refund after initially being told they would send a replacement. I am tempted to get this one but am wary of going through the same ordeal.

bro3of4

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bro3of4
countdown wrote:How about a shipping coupon? I ordered it last time with some other small item I threw in, and when the main item I ordered (the baking stone) arrived in tiny pieces and was refunded, I essentially ended up paying $5 shipping on an $8 power strip (which I would not have bought on its own like that). I was not happy and I am still not happy even after emailing support. Instead I still feel scammed into buying something and paying shipping on it when I would not have otherwise.

My two baking stones never even arrived. I finally checked tracking and saw that it was damaged in transit. Thankfully, I didn't order filler like I usually do. Hopefully they have the shipping problem worked out.

Nothing to see here. Move along. Move along.

luke975

quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975

one sale a day seems to have been replaced with not worth the hassle.

I always did like yardsales.

CrystalSinger

quality posts: 7 Private Messages CrystalSinger

The ice cream maker gets mixed reviews on Amazon, mostly good reviews at a place called air-n-water.com. But not a lot of reviews at either site. The point brought up at Amazon was that there is no failsafe for if the ice cream sets up before the timer is up - the mixer will stop moving, but the motor will continue to run, trying to move the mixer. That could easily burn the unit out, and did so for one of the reviewers. Too bad, I really was thinking about buying it.

http://www.amazon.com/NewAir-AIC-220-Quart-Commercial-Sorbet/product-reviews/B0055X14SE/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

http://www.air-n-water.com/product/aic-220.htm#reviews

T

smithfarmer

quality posts: 2 Private Messages smithfarmer

Sorry TT, but have you witnessed this new way to "pack these much better"?

After receiving 3 broken stones from the first time these were offered in May, against my better judgement, I ordered 2 more in the last woot-off a couple of weeks ago and they arrived broken as well.

The "new way of packing" entails laying one stone in the bottom of the shipping box, putting a piece of cardboard in and then the 2nd stone. Some crumbled up paper strips(a good bit more than the first shipment but still not enough) are then placed on top and the box is taped up and sent on it's way. The results are not quite as many broken bits as the first time but broken nevertheless.

Maybe if those folks who are packing these actually cared, they might have put some of those crumbled up strips of paper on the bottom of the box BEFORE they put a baking stone in it. Just covering the top is not enough protection for these as they are obviously quite fragile.

I dunno, maybe the reason why woot isn't giving out free shipping coupons is because they've lost so much money due to packing incompetence.

Stay far, far away from these baking stones. It's just not worth the hassle.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

smithfarmer wrote:Sorry TT, but have you witnessed this new way to "pack these much better"?

After receiving 3 broken stones from the first time these were offered in May, against my better judgement, I ordered 2 more in the last woot-off a couple of weeks ago and they arrived broken as well.

The "new way of packing" entails laying one stone in the bottom of the shipping box, putting a piece of cardboard in and then the 2nd stone. Some crumbled up paper strips(a good bit more than the first shipment but still not enough) are then placed on top and the box is taped up and sent on it's way. The results are not quite as many broken bits as the first time but broken nevertheless.

Maybe if those folks who are packing these actually cared, they might have put some of those crumbled up strips of paper on the bottom of the box BEFORE they put a baking stone in it. Just covering the top is not enough protection for these as they are obviously quite fragile.

I dunno, maybe the reason why woot isn't giving out free shipping coupons is because they've lost so much money due to packing incompetence.

Stay far, far away from these baking stones. It's just not worth the hassle.

well, that's terrible.
so, unfortunately, you know the drill. email Support@Woot.com.

i'll email some people up the ladder.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

thundercurl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thundercurl

Ahh I missed out on this deal but desperately need one of these. Do we think this will end up on WOOT again soon? Or is there somewhere else I could get one for this great a deal?

Tyler

frosty2469

quality posts: 4 Private Messages frosty2469

I, again, received 2 broken baking stones.
This time, they were in a much larger box (huge, they still could move quite a bit) , with a lot more craft paper crunched on top, but nothing in between the 2 stones, and nothing on the bottom.

I would have personally wrapped each stone in bubble wrap, packed them singly in a smaller box like they did before, then this box placed in the larger box, with the craft paper around it.

Poor little fella did not even have a chance.

ThunderThighs

Staff

frosty2469 wrote:I, again, received 2 broken baking stones.
This time, they were in a much larger box (huge, they still could move quite a bit) , with a lot more craft paper crunched on top, but nothing in between the 2 stones, and nothing on the bottom.

I would have personally wrapped each stone in bubble wrap, packed them singly in a smaller box like they did before, then this box placed in the larger box, with the craft paper around it.

Poor little fella did not even have a chance.

//sad sigh

I'm so sorry. Please email support@woot.com for assistance.

FORUM MODERATOR

duken58

quality posts: 0 Private Messages duken58

I too went through 3 different attempts at receiving an intact baking stone only to be told the last time that they no longer had anymore in stock. Then the next week I see them back on sale so I figured I'd give it another go. UPS brought it to the door just to let me hear how many pieces it sounded like inside but said he would not deliver it in that condition. Not sure if I want to ask for another exchange attempt or just get the refund. /sigh

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

duken58 wrote:I too went through 3 different attempts at receiving an intact baking stone only to be told the last time that they no longer had anymore in stock. Then the next week I see them back on sale so I figured I'd give it another go. UPS brought it to the door just to let me hear how many pieces it sounded like inside but said he would not deliver it in that condition. Not sure if I want to ask for another exchange attempt or just get the refund. /sigh

I'm very sorry to hear that you experienced the issue AGAIN /sigh
It was our understanding that they were taking extra precautions when shipping these out this time.

If you haven't already, I would recommend that you write into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know.
I'm certain they'll be able to provide some assistance with resolving this issue.

micmaq

quality posts: 1 Private Messages micmaq

This is my 3rd shipment of a broken baking stone. There was absolutely no change in the packaging between the two I got in May and this one.

If Woot cannot correct what was a wide-spread packaging problem before selling them again, it makes me question how reasonable it is to continue buying anything from Woot.

At the very least, the next description of this product should include: if you are hoping to use this for one large item to cook, your hopes will be dashed, but if you don't mind putting a small piece of food on an broken piece of cooking stone, this product is for you.

ThunderThighs

Staff

micmaq wrote:This is my 3rd shipment of a broken baking stone. There was absolutely no change in the packaging between the two I got in May and this one.

If Woot cannot correct what was a wide-spread packaging problem before selling them again, it makes me question how reasonable it is to continue buying anything from Woot.

At the very least, the next description of this product should include: if you are hoping to use this for one large item to cook, your hopes will be dashed, but if you don't mind putting a small piece of food on an broken piece of cooking stone, this product is for you.

Sorry for the problem with the stones. While there are a few reports here, it wasn't necessarily wide-spread. It seems to have depended on which warehouse your order shipped out of.

That said, we are continuing to work with our vendor and the warehouses to improve shipping.

We don't like unhappy customers.

FORUM MODERATOR

jskopic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jskopic

Just got my baking stone in, it was broken in half due to very bad packing. Guess they didn't get the issue fixed from last time.

manhandsha

quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

jskopic wrote:Just got my baking stone in, it was broken in half due to very bad packing. Guess they didn't get the issue fixed from last time.

Sorry for the trouble, that's no good. Have you emailed support yet? If not, make sure to include the issue, your order number and your user ID. support@woot.com

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

frosty2469

ThunderThighs wrote://sad sigh

I'm so sorry. Please email support@woot.com for assistance.

Mine did not even make it the 3 hours down the highway to my house.

The dust is settling at my folks' house in Florida.

Here's our family's the tally:
First attempt, total of 3 shipments, 3 boxes of shards. (Includes 1 re-shipment attempt).
Second attempt, 2 shipments, 5 fatalities.
No re-shipments offered.

Total: 8 fatalities, no survivors.

Did woot hire Dexter to ship these?
If these were humans, the shipping department would be the worse serial killer in history!

I did get a refund (partial - less shipping).

I really just wanted one or two unbroken ones.

paul1591

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paul1591
paul1591 wrote:Another buyer who got a box of rocks, (UPS wouldn't even deliver the replacement order,also a box of rox) That must have been a very large charge to the "let's not do this again" fund.

Another customer who got another (3rd try) box of rocks. I can't see any difference in the way they packed this shipment than the others.

bro3of4

bro3of4 wrote:My two baking stones never even arrived. I finally checked tracking and saw that it was damaged in transit. Thankfully, I didn't order filler like I usually do. Hopefully they have the shipping problem worked out.

This time it did arrive. As two halves of a baking stone. Not happy. There was paper wadded on the bottom as "padding" and nothing on the top.

Now I know why the UPS guy didn't ring the doorbell.

Yeah, I know, Support@woot.com
*sigh*

bro3of4

bro3of4 wrote:This time it did arrive. As two halves of a baking stone. Not happy. There was paper wadded on the bottom as "padding" and nothing on the top.

Now I know why the UPS guy didn't ring the doorbell.

Yeah, I know, Support@woot.com
*sigh*

Just sent the support email.

I can understand the packing snafu happening once, but three times (two sales and one Woot-off)?

What is the reasoning behind this?

Are those air bags and paper so prohibitively expensive that they can't afford enough to pack these fragile baking stones properly? Is papa Amazon trying to kill off Woot! (I assume it is their warehouses) with bad customer experiences? Who is packing these that they can't recognize how fragile they are? Did Woot! finally trade its paid warehouse fulfillment staff for monkeys (Monte and Mortimer)?

pkcyrus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pkcyrus

+1 sad half-stone recipient.
I'm not sure what to think of this pack job (It's right-side-up by shipping label).

frosty2469

bro3of4 wrote:Who is packing these that they can't recognize how fragile they are? Did Woot! finally trade its paid warehouse fulfillment staff for monkeys (Monte and Mortimer)?

Dexter!
Or Monte & Mortimer... That makes more sense!

effervesse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages effervesse

My baking stone arrived shattered as well. Worst packing job ever. Why the epic fail guys?

(yes, did send in a support email)