Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 2756 Private Messages lichme

Want more info on Egyptian vs Cotton? Take a look at this guide on Overstock

golnectr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages golnectr

Anyone know anything about these sheets? I recently made a sheet purchase on 1saleaday.com and they turned out to be garbage. Pilling and falling apart after just a few washes. Another purchase I made on ebay are thin...no where near the thread count advertised...but they hold up. Only thing is, they don't breath very well. I am getting pretty frustrated with all the sheet rip offs out there.

These look nice, but does anyone have any advice or experience regarding the quality and feel?

shadowplay1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shadowplay1

Seems a little pricey for 55% cotton sheets....I'll pass

mattryan

quality posts: 42 Private Messages mattryan

First, how does a 15" pocket fit an 18" deep mattress? Second, its a blend... You should only ever blend your margarita

manfrin

quality posts: 4 Private Messages manfrin

What's the ply on these?

Nate650

quality posts: 31 Private Messages Nate650
shadowplay1 wrote:Seems a little pricey for 55% cotton sheets....I'll pass

Wow, good call. I assumed 100% cotton.

cablencc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cablencc

Any idea if we were to buy these, where we could get matching pillow shams?

richardkinast

quality posts: 1 Private Messages richardkinast

Are these percale

or sateen?

Does "Egyptian cotton" imply percale?

Percale vs. Sateen

Look!... A distraction!

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 156 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

richardkinast wrote:Are these percale

or sateen?

Percale vs. Sateen

If these are anything like the designer sheets we've previously offered, these should be sateen weave sheets:
http://home.woot.com/offers/350tc-designer-sheets-5-sizes-4-colors

I will ping the buyer and find a 100% answer in the morning.

thericochet

quality posts: 24 Private Messages thericochet

45% polyester is still too much to wrap myself in for 1/3 of the day.

Edit: Also if Woot is going to advertise Egyptian Cotton all big in the heading wouldn't it only be fair to us members to give equal billing to the Polyester? There's already one comment above indicating confusion.

It'd be more accurate and ethical if it read "800TC Egyptian Cotton blend Pleated-Hem Sheet Set - 4 Sizes - 6 Colors", at the very least anyway.

uriahseth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uriahseth
Nate650 wrote:Wow, good call. I assumed 100% cotton.

Agreed. Polyester just doesn't cut it.

tapps

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tapps

grandma called. she wants her sheets back.

draigun

quality posts: 22 Private Messages draigun

Oof. Glad I read the comments before jumping on this.

And sad to say, it finally came in Cali King!

nesiebug

quality posts: 6 Private Messages nesiebug

Learned the hard way not to buy if it's not 100% cotton...Cotton/poly blend sheets are crap! Scratchy,rough,thin...I'll keep paying the extra $$$ for the real deal.

dliidlii

quality posts: 33 Private Messages dliidlii

Looks nice but 45% poly kills it.

gertiestn

quality posts: 53 Private Messages gertiestn

FWIW, I've had good luck recently with cotton bedding from Landsend.Com. I seldom buy anything there that's not at a sale price, but they feature decent sheets often enough that it might be worth checking out from time to time.

dlrshopping

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dlrshopping

Exactly! Cotton/poly mixtures are for chumps. You may as well stay at a Holiday Inn. There's nothing like 100% pure cotton, whether it's Egyptian or Sateen.

And threadcount matters a lot! The
higher threadcount you can afford, the happier you'll be. There's no such thing as too high when it comes to threadcount. --Pass.

XterraGuy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages XterraGuy

I just got a set of 100% bamboo-fiber sheets from bedvoyage.com a couple of weeks ago and love 'em. Pricey, but worth it. This is my second set of bamboo, got some from BB&B a few years ago. Never going back.

lauramiller

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lauramiller

I recently bought 100% linen sheets on eBay. They come from Belarus, which makes them much cheaper than the linen sheets you can buy retail here (coupla hundred bucks). Linen won't pill and is incredibly breathable, which makes them great for summer nights and is the main reason I buy them. Linen will usually feel coarse or even scratchy until you wash it a few times, whereupon it becomes very soft. I like the coarseness personally.

snosbig

quality posts: 8 Private Messages snosbig

I'm cracking up reading the comments from some of the "Sheet" Notzi's, get a life people! If you don't like what they are made of, Just Go Away!

bonibaru

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bonibaru

Very glad I read the comments before buying - I didn't notice at first they were poly blend. Good catch. Pass.

sf6864

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sf6864

45% polyester makes the thread count irrelevant. It's 45% crap, so who cares if it's woven more tightly? Unfortunately this is the new Woot, Amazon's bargain basement.

Mooklyn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Mooklyn

or sateen?

Percale vs. Sateen

"Egyptian cotton" is long-staple (long fiber) cotton, a particular member of the cotton plant family, very expensive, lovely to sleep upon. A curse upon any company that lies about what kind of cotton they use, and a double-curse if it's actually Egyptian cotton and they mix it with poly. Percale is the weave, not as shiny as sateen but very strong.

lboban

quality posts: 12 Private Messages lboban

Will these work with a Mac?

(sorry, just needed to remind people what used to be the important question here on Woot.)

Majkut

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Majkut

I know what you mean, I got some sheets from Eversave and they were pure shite. Not advertised right, said 800 TC and made in Georgia, found out it was 100% polyester and made in China. Eff no. I am a sucker for soft sheets and so want to buy the deal but can't find any personal comments online about this company so I think I'll pass...

raygun

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raygun
snosbig wrote:I'm cracking up reading the comments from some of the "Sheet" Notzi's, get a life people! If you don't like what they are made of, Just Go Away!

Apparently you don't "get" the reason behind having a comments section for each deal. It is a way for potential shoppers to discuss the pros and cons of each deal. In this case, it's found that the sheets may be a little too synthetic in nature for some people's tastes. This is not plainly obvious on the deal.

cyberfrog96

quality posts: 5 Private Messages cyberfrog96

Gah! Only 55% Egyptian Cotton?? So glad I read the comments. They almost got me.

linsy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages linsy

Totally agree..... These thing fall apart too quick. If they were 100% cotton it would be a great deal. It's like that microfiber stuff...yuck!!!!

szivick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages szivick
raygun wrote:Apparently you don't "get" the reason behind having a comments section for each deal. It is a way for potential shoppers to discuss the pros and cons of each deal. In this case, it's found that the sheets may be a little too synthetic in nature for some people's tastes. This is not plainly obvious on the deal.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Sheets are tricky beast and the more knowledge one has to tame said beast the better. reverse engineer that guy for knocking the wealth of experience here.

Achromatter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Achromatter

Hi,

Wouldn't the poly-blend make the sheets more durable? Or would/do the dissimilar fibers cause them to come apart due to the slipperiness of the synthetic component?

How much would these cost if they were 100%-EC? And/or, what would a good deal price be for 100%-EC?

I don't know anything about sheets, other than the ones we have now suck..lol

I bought a couple sets of the the 100%-synthetic(sometimes advertised as 1,200-1,600-TC, or something ludicrous like that.) One of the sets is actually very good, comfortable, not hot, and held up better than most of our cotton sheets ever did. However, the best cotton sheets we've ever had were something like 4-600-TC.

The other set, from a different retailer/manufacturer, were dyed/colored a nice teal paisley type pattern, but during the first use, most of the color/dye came completely off everywhere our bodies contacted the sheets(read; there's a big, giant, faded colorless oval in the middle of the sheet, and nowone side of the mattress, the insides of my wife's crocs, and the bottom of our tub are green/teal ).

graywh

quality posts: 2 Private Messages graywh
dlrshopping wrote:And threadcount matters a lot! The
higher threadcount you can afford, the happier you'll be. There's no such thing as too high when it comes to threadcount. --Pass.

Uh, yes there is. Thread count is meaningless unless you know how the fabric is woven. The industry standard leaves a loophole for deceptive practices.

http://www.shopbedding.com/thread-count-information

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/business/2013/06/everything-you-need-to-know-before-you-buy-sheets/

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

snosbig wrote:I'm cracking up reading the comments from some of the "Sheet" Notzi's, get a life people! If you don't like what they are made of, Just Go Away!

We welcome all comments as long as they're relevant and factual or personal reviews. We may be crying silently in the corner, but we welcome them.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Audioman1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Audioman1

You guys should get Bamboo sheet's they are the best. You can hardly feel them against your skin. I've washed mine over a 100 times and they still look like the day I bought them.

djrmsn

quality posts: 21 Private Messages djrmsn

What gives? Have to order THREE of SAME color???? Deal breaker

EDIT: Was able to order 3 colors - filed one at a time - a different process than usual but it worked. happy again. Sheets were on my "to do" list and I did not have to settle for wrinkly cheap 200 thread versions at the same price.

ThunderThighs

Staff

djrmsn wrote:What gives? Have to order THREE of SAME color???? Deal breaker

No, no, no, not at all.

Pick a color
Pick a size
Add to cart
Repeat

••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

olcubmaster

quality posts: 30 Private Messages olcubmaster

Time for a cute cat pic posting so TT can take a moment to recover from the daily abuse...

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

ThunderThighs

Staff

olcubmaster wrote:Time for a cute cat pic posting so TT can take a moment to recover from the daily abuse...

Heh. Thanks!

ThunderThighs

Staff

or sateen?

Percale vs. Sateen

These are a Sateen weave. Egyptian cotton doesn't refer to a specific weave.

Rustyh3

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Rustyh3

Good price....

Wait...

Polyester....

Not!