WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: When was the last time you went out to hear live music?
  • 7.7% - Within the last 24 hours 192
  • 12.1% - Within the last week 302
  • 15.3% - Within the last month 380
  • 25.6% - Within the last year 636
  • 39.3% - More than a year ago 977
2487 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

When was Woodstock?

Yeah, like 3 years before that.

entouragevol

quality posts: 0 Private Messages entouragevol

Do Mariachi bands count?

I am 37. I saw hundreds of concerts when I was 18 until around 25. None since.

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser

My ex worked for a record distributor. We had free tickets to every concert. Haven't been to any since the divorce 25+ years ago

vikingcanute

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vikingcanute

sadly in my 32 years of life i have never been to a live concert...now i have 2 babies, its gonna be a while..

glamontagne

quality posts: 4 Private Messages glamontagne

I can't vote on this poll. The webdesigner put an anchor in on the button to submit the poll. It annoyingly brings me to the top of the page. Fwiw, I heard live music last night at a July 4th celebration.

Random Crap - Level 7 Woot-Off Lights
Dazzle Video Creator Platinum Philips Prestigo Universal Remote Altec Lansing M604 for Zune Remote Control Helicopter Train Set Microsoft Zune 30GB Roadside Emergency Kit Microsoft Zune 6 Player Texas Hold’em Poker

glamontagne

quality posts: 4 Private Messages glamontagne
vikingcanute wrote:sadly in my 32 years of life i have never been to a live concert...now i have 2 babies, its gonna be a while..

I feel your pain. I've haven't been to a pro sporting event in 3 years! I use subliminal messaging on the little guy from time to time. He'll be begging his mom to go to a Red Sox game by the time I am done with him.

Random Crap - Level 7 Woot-Off Lights
Dazzle Video Creator Platinum Philips Prestigo Universal Remote Altec Lansing M604 for Zune Remote Control Helicopter Train Set Microsoft Zune 30GB Roadside Emergency Kit Microsoft Zune 6 Player Texas Hold’em Poker

atherea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages atherea

I went to my very first concert two days ago, in fact.

lolamarya

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lolamarya

Last real concert I went to was Kelly Clarkson after her Breakaway album came out, so like '04 or '05. It's sad to think that it's been that long. I need to get out more.

svtguy88

quality posts: 1 Private Messages svtguy88

Ha. This poll is awesome.

It's early July in Milwaukee, which means it's Summerfest time. Enough said.

cappo

quality posts: 34 Private Messages cappo

The time before last that Brave Combo made it to Philly. I couldn't make it the last time.

waterresistant

quality posts: 0 Private Messages waterresistant

summerfest!

svtguy88

quality posts: 1 Private Messages svtguy88
waterresistant wrote:summerfest!

I can't wait for O.A.R. tonight.

Avarik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Avarik

I frequently go to shows. Music is the rhythm of life man

sergiosanchezd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sergiosanchezd

Music runs through my veins, I watch live shows on a monthly basis

shoulda2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages shoulda2

Live music? 1-2 times every three weeks when I go downtown for some reason (live in Nashville).

Big ticket concert? Probably 3 years, even though next year I plan on going to bonaroo.

mrgroovemachine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrgroovemachine

The 43% who haven't gone out in years are part of the reason why, even with a degree from an accredited university, I am still struggling to pay my bills with my music.

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

It's more fun when live music goes out to find ME! ;)

spitfire6006006

quality posts: 2 Private Messages spitfire6006006
mrgroovemachine wrote:The 43% who haven't gone out in years are part of the reason why, even with a degree from an accredited university, I am still struggling to pay my bills with my music.

To be fair, plenty of people with degrees in a lot of other different things are also struggling to pay their bills, too

sparklecoogs

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sparklecoogs
mrgroovemachine wrote:The 43% who haven't gone out in years are part of the reason why, even with a degree from an accredited university, I am still struggling to pay my bills with my music.

I'm not sure how your degree is relevant, but I'm pretty sure you're struggling to pay your bills because you're trying to do so with music. Most musicians would probably say, "Join the club." That said, I hope the road gets easier for you. I'm a big fan of live music and have great admiration for musicians.

megabite6d9

quality posts: 1 Private Messages megabite6d9

Just got home from it on date night. Had an awesome time. We only get to do it a couple times a year now with our new budget of her down to under 30 hrs a week so they don't have to pay insurance and me sent off from the defense industry til I found a job paying $10K a year less. Sad times.

megabite6d9

quality posts: 1 Private Messages megabite6d9

You thought a career in music wasn't going to be that way? How odd. I'm guessing those who mastered in basket weaving or liberal arts are thinking the same thing.

Try getting zero loans or grants, paying for an Aerospace Engineering degree with credit cards and bank loans, then facing Clinton laying off half a million experienced aerospace engineers. At least I was going for something useful at the time. I'm over 40 and still trying to pay off my college "loans" and they're over 20% with all these whiney new students complaining about 3.2% going up to 6.4% when all the normal credit cards went up to around 28% that they'll be facing within 4 yrs thanks to the "fair credit act".

watson95

quality posts: 0 Private Messages watson95
curtisuxor wrote:When was Woodstock?

Yeah, like 3 years before that.

There where 2.

lancer843

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lancer843
olperfesser wrote:My ex worked for a record distributor. We had free tickets to every concert. Haven't been to any since the divorce 25+ years ago

I would've gotten back together with her just for that XD

darkkitty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darkkitty

There's too many rude and inconsiderate people attending many of the concerts these days. They ruin the experience for everyone but themselves. I just buy the album for 1/4 or less of what the concert tix go for and enjoy in the privacy of my own home on my terms AND I get to use my own bathroom without having to stand in line or step over barf!

SXN

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SXN

just saw Deltron 3030 at Stern Grove in San Francisco last weekend; t'was awesome!

pernst

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pernst

Saw the Stones in May. They were awesome.

trixierix

quality posts: 1 Private Messages trixierix

Every single weekend. But I live in New Orleans where bands are literally everywhere.

msklzannie

quality posts: 4 Private Messages msklzannie

I went to the Iowa Jazz Championships this spring and almost went to Yankee Doodle Pops this week. Next weekend I might go see TFK and assorted other bands at a local-ish festival.

Total woot orders: 189
Bag o.f Crap: 12/25/2010, 1/25/2011, 6/15/2011, 11/9/2011, 12/25/2011, 3/22/3012, 4/26/2012

Tatts

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Tatts

I hadn't realized what a slow few months it's been. We usually go more often; it bothered me that I couldn't check one of the more recent options (although we've done theater in that time). We'll hit everything from chamber music to the Philadelphia Orchestra to Springsteen and other rock acts.

But we avoided the big concert on the Parkway on the 4th because of the huge crowds (The Roots, John Mayer, Jill Scott, etc.); watched the fireworks from nearby.

But the topic came up during the day that we haven't seen anything recently, so ask this again in a month so I can feel better about myself.