trackzero

quality posts: 4 Private Messages trackzero
manhandsha wrote:

The person below me found out the hard way that Gotham is ACTUALLY in Wisconsin.

It was terribly embarrassing when I called Badgerman "Batman." Turns out they changed his name in the comics/movies to protect his true fake-identity.

The person below me wanders the web contributing random comments to 3-month old threads.

olcubmaster

quality posts: 30 Private Messages olcubmaster
trackzero wrote:It was terribly embarrassing when I called Badgerman "Batman." Turns out they changed his name in the comics/movies to protect his true fake-identity.

The person below me wanders the web contributing random comments to 3-month old threads.

Let me get back to you on that one.

The person below me is totally amped about the D ick Tracy reboot under Joe Staton and Mike Curtis.

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

maxikyd

quality posts: 6 Private Messages maxikyd
olcubmaster wrote:Let me get back to you on that one.

The person below me is totally amped about the D ick Tracy reboot under Joe Staton and Mike Curtis.

I just want his videophone watch.

The person below me remembers reading D ick Tracy in the Sunday comics.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
maxikyd wrote:I just want his videophone watch.

The person below me remembers reading D ick Tracy in the Sunday comics.

Heck, I still remember Prince Valiant.

The person below me doesn't know how to "dial" a phone.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

jawsuser

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
pooflady wrote:Heck, I still remember Prince Valiant.

The person below me doesn't know how to "dial" a phone.

I do kind of remember the round dials. I also kind of remember the party line. In Granny's house, where I live now, growing up there was only one phone located in the utility room. It was black and hung behind the door. It made different combinations of rings. The funny thing was that regardless whose ring it was waaaay toooo often multiple people were listening. It was weird. I much prefer our phones now days. They actually announce the name of the caller. LOVE IT!!!

The person below me will share about their curious experience at a Chinese restaurant.

maxikyd

jawsuser wrote:I do kind of remember the round dials. I also kind of remember the party line. In Granny's house, where I live now, growing up there was only one phone located in the utility room. It was black and hung behind the door. It made different combinations of rings. The funny thing was that regardless whose ring it was waaaay toooo often multiple people were listening. It was weird. I much prefer our phones now days. They actually announce the name of the caller. LOVE IT!!!

The person below me will share about their curious experience at a Chinese restaurant.

well, it wasn't Chinese, it was Japanese. it was my 30th birthday and my ship was in Sasebo, Japan. I went to a restaurant one of my shipmates had shown me. the only thing on the menu I recognized was "steam rice and green tea". I expected a bowl of rice and a cup of tea. the waitress brought the meal to my counter spot and poured the tea over the rice so it was kind of like soup. There was also a sprinkling of fish flakes and a stripe of this green stuff I thought was "tea paste"--there was a little language barrier there. The first bite was okay, but a bit boring, so I stirred the "tea paste" into the rest of the food and took a big bite. Can you say "wasabi"? I felt my face turn red and my eyes began to water, but I managed to swallow. I just kept on eating--I equate the experience to eating a piece of birthday cake, lit candles and all. Now (25 years later) I use a lot of wasabi, but I'll never forget that first experience.

the person below me wants to tell us about watching an un-dubbed foreign film, with subtitles, that they were forced to watch either to impress a date or for a grade in school.

manhandsha

quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

maxikyd wrote:well, it wasn't Chinese, it was Japanese. it was my 30th birthday and my ship was in Sasebo, Japan. I went to a restaurant one of my shipmates had shown me. the only thing on the menu I recognized was "steam rice and green tea". I expected a bowl of rice and a cup of tea. the waitress brought the meal to my counter spot and poured the tea over the rice so it was kind of like soup. There was also a sprinkling of fish flakes and a stripe of this green stuff I thought was "tea paste"--there was a little language barrier there. The first bite was okay, but a bit boring, so I stirred the "tea paste" into the rest of the food and took a big bite. Can you say "wasabi"? I felt my face turn red and my eyes began to water, but I managed to swallow. I just kept on eating--I equate the experience to eating a piece of birthday cake, lit candles and all. Now (25 years later) I use a lot of wasabi, but I'll never forget that first experience.

the person below me wants to tell us about watching an un-dubbed foreign film, with subtitles, that they were forced to watch either to impress a date or for a grade in school.

I don't think I impressed my boyfriend when I fell asleep during whatever rando French film he wanted to watch. But... I was already dating him, so whatevs.

The person below me has a weird story about that crazy trip to Europe they took in their 20's.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

maxikyd

manhandsha wrote:I don't think I impressed my boyfriend when I fell asleep during whatever rando French film he wanted to watch. But... I was already dating him, so whatevs.

The person below me has a weird story about that crazy trip to Europe they took in their 20's.

So, there I was, in a taxicab in Italy, and the driver asked if I spoke Italian. I replied "piccolo", which is apparently a slang term for something dirty, so he laughed and tried to explain it to me. I laughed and said "Io stoy embarasada" and he laughed even harder. Apparently THAT meant "I'm pregnant" not "I'm embarrassed". I imagine he had a good laugh about the whole thing.

The person below me types emails in all caps and can't understand why people get upset.

ericinnj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ericinnj
maxikyd wrote:So, there I was, in a taxicab in Italy, and the driver asked if I spoke Italian. I replied "piccolo", which is apparently a slang term for something dirty, so he laughed and tried to explain it to me. I laughed and said "Io stoy embarasada" and he laughed even harder. Apparently THAT meant "I'm pregnant" not "I'm embarrassed". I imagine he had a good laugh about the whole thing.

The person below me types emails in all caps and can't understand why people get upset.

IF THEY HAD LISTENED EARLIER, THEY WOULD KNOW THAT MY KEYBOARD SHIFT KEY IS STUCK BECAUSE MY ROOMMATE, WHO INCIDENTALLY SPENDS A LOT OF TIME ON THE COMPUTER IN HIS UNDERWEAR, DROPPED SOME HAIR PRODUCT ON THE KEYBOARD GETTING READY FOR A DATE. FUNNY PART IS THAT I DON'T EVER REMEMBER HIM EVER GOING ON A DATE IN 3 YEARS.

THE PERSON BELOW ME WAS GOING TO TALK ABOUT THE SPEECH THEY HAD IN SCHOOL WHERE THEY VOMITED ALL OVER THE FIRST ROW FROM NERVES.

stacipurv

quality posts: 3 Private Messages stacipurv
ericinnj wrote:IF THEY HAD LISTENED EARLIER, THEY WOULD KNOW THAT MY KEYBOARD SHIFT KEY IS STUCK BECAUSE MY ROOMMATE, WHO INCIDENTALLY SPENDS A LOT OF TIME ON THE COMPUTER IN HIS UNDERWEAR, DROPPED SOME HAIR PRODUCT ON THE KEYBOARD GETTING READY FOR A DATE. FUNNY PART IS THAT I DON'T EVER REMEMBER HIM EVER GOING ON A DATE IN 3 YEARS.

THE PERSON BELOW ME WAS GOING TO TALK ABOUT THE SPEECH THEY HAD IN SCHOOL WHERE THEY VOMITED ALL OVER THE FIRST ROW FROM NERVES.

Stop Yelling At Me!!!!!!!!!!! And it wasn't nerves. I told Mom my stomach didn't feel right (I guess She thought it was nerves too) - she feeds me a hearty breakfast with a big glass of OJ to start me off right. Yes, Mom. Nothing's better on an uneasy stomach than a heaping helping of citric acid. Hurts more coming up than it did going down.

The person below me is currently tweaking his electronic-musical-lighted yard display for the Holidays.

manhandsha

Staff

stacipurv wrote:Stop Yelling At Me!!!!!!!!!!! And it wasn't nerves. I told Mom my stomach didn't feel right (I guess She thought it was nerves too) - she feeds me a hearty breakfast with a big glass of OJ to start me off right. Yes, Mom. Nothing's better on an uneasy stomach than a heaping helping of citric acid. Hurts more coming up than it did going down.

The person below me is currently tweaking his electronic-musical-lighted yard display for the Holidays.

And why shouldn't my lights be synced up with "Mele Kalikimaka"?

The person below me gave everyone on their Christmas list a fruit cake last year.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

olcubmaster

manhandsha wrote:And why shouldn't my lights be synced up with "Mele Kalikimaka"?

The person below me gave everyone on their Christmas list a fruit cake last year.

and you won't believe how easy it was using Woot! Home last year to send 2 pounds of joy to everyone I know.

The person below me is going to make that bit of sucking up look like amateur hour.

maxikyd

olcubmaster wrote:and you won't believe how easy it was using Woot! Home last year to send 2 pounds of joy to everyone I know.

The person below me is going to make that bit of sucking up look like amateur hour.

Nah, just 'cuz I'm wearing Woot socks, shoes, and polo/golf shirt and typing this on a Woot computer (with the Woot Leftie Death Adder gaming mouse (I have a pair and a spare)) while watching a Woot dvd player on a Woot flatscreen and noshing on so Woot-wine snackage--I would NEVER suck up; especially since I STILL CAN'T BUY WINE, even though the LAWS IN MONTANA HAVE CHANGED. hint-hint-hint to all the vineyards.

The person below me is now going to investigate more closely and discover that their state has also changed rules on something near and dear to their heart.

robbrewer13yahoocom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robbrewer13yahoocom
maxikyd wrote:The person below me is now going to investigate more closely and discover that their state has also changed rules on something near and dear to their heart.

This just in: Texas outlaws Planned Parenthood because becoming a parent should be an accident.....

The person below me will give tip(s) on how to get a great-paying job that doesn't require actually doing anything (looking at you, Congress)

stacipurv

robbrewer13yahoocom wrote:This just in: Texas outlaws Planned Parenthood because becoming a parent should be an accident.....

The person below me will give tip(s) on how to get a great-paying job that doesn't require actually doing anything (looking at you, Congress)

1) Schmooze
2) Lie

Unfortunately I'm not good at either. Hence, I don't have one of those jobs.

The person below me peppers his(her) speech with random French phrases because he thinks it's impressive.

olcubmaster

stacipurv wrote:1) Schmooze
2) Lie

Unfortunately I'm not good at either. Hence, I don't have one of those jobs.

The person below me peppers his(her) speech with random French phrases because he thinks it's impressive.

Suck me blue! Oh contraire mon Pierre! It's more like a 10th Doctor thing.

Nest paws?

Zee person beelow moi is tinking of l'amour, a'la Peppy Le Pew.

maxikyd

olcubmaster wrote:Suck me blue! Oh contraire mon Pierre! It's more like a 10th Doctor thing.

Nest paws?

Zee person beelow moi is tinking of l'amour, a'la Peppy Le Pew.

Mercy buttercup. I always rooted for the ugly cat at the end.

the person below me has a cat on their lap and is using the on screen keyboard, which causes many typos.

manhandsha

Staff

maxikyd wrote:Mercy buttercup. I always rooted for the ugly cat at the end.

the person below me has a cat on their lap and is using the on screen keyboard, which causes many typos.

He's actually an 80lb black lab.

The person below me has a secret to prepping their Thanksgiving turkey.

barkwoot

quality posts: 109 Private Messages barkwoot
manhandsha wrote:

The person below me has a secret to prepping their Thanksgiving turkey.

I like to drop my Thanksgiving turkey out of a helicopter, preferably in Cincinnati.

The person below me will either prove he/she has superior Google skills or that he/she is old enough to remember watching TV in 1978.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
barkwoot wrote:I like to drop my Thanksgiving turkey out of a helicopter, preferably in Cincinnati.

The person below me will either prove he/she has superior Google skills or that he/she is old enough to remember watching TV in 1978.

As God is my witness...(and I live in Cincinnati).

The person below me is wondering why it's dark so early now.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

Princeofdaarkness

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Princeofdaarkness
pooflady wrote:As God is my witness...(and I live in Cincinnati).

The person below me is wondering why it's dark so early now.

I love the early dark nights!

The person below me used to sniff seats.

crazywahoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crazywahoo
Princeofdaarkness wrote:I love the early dark nights!

The person below me used to sniff seats.

How else would I know when to wash them?

The person below me is old enough and geeky enough to own a replica Glaive.

maxikyd

crazywahoo wrote:How else would I know when to wash them?

The person below me is old enough and geeky enough to own a replica Glaive.

REPLICA! I've never been so insulted in my life. I even have a genuine navy boarding cutlass in my collection! (Not to mention all of the D&D books back to the beginning, [including the MM with the copywright violating CofC pages]), as well as a dozen other P&P RPGs, autographed photos of the Highlander TV show actors, and Pippin from LOTR, and...nevermind, I'm a geek and I like sharp pointy things.

The person below me is such a non-geek he/she has to ask what P&P RPG means.

manhandsha

Staff

maxikyd wrote:REPLICA! I've never been so insulted in my life. I even have a genuine navy boarding cutlass in my collection! (Not to mention all of the D&D books back to the beginning, [including the MM with the copywright violating CofC pages]), as well as a dozen other P&P RPGs, autographed photos of the Highlander TV show actors, and Pippin from LOTR, and...nevermind, I'm a geek and I like sharp pointy things.

The person below me is such a non-geek he/she has to ask what P&P RPG means.

That's definitely me! I have no idea what that means.

The person below me remembers the shows "Today's Special" and "Fred Penner's Place".

stacipurv

manhandsha wrote:That's definitely me! I have no idea what that means.

The person below me remembers the shows "Today's Special" and "Fred Penner's Place".

I'm older than that and I've never seen Canadian kids' TV - I do, however distinctly remember Morgan Freeman ("Easy Reader") and Rita Moreno on The Electric Company.

The person below me knows why Schoolhouse Rock wasn't the best way to learn the Preamble to the Constitution.

maxikyd

stacipurv wrote:I'm older than that and I've never seen Canadian kids' TV - I do, however distinctly remember Morgan Freeman ("Easy Reader") and Rita Moreno on The Electric Company.

The person below me knows why Schoolhouse Rock wasn't the best way to learn the Preamble to the Constitution.

No, I don't, but I do know there are more conjunctions than just and, but, and or. FANBOYS: what's your function?

The person below me has a grammar related anecdote to share.

olcubmaster

maxikyd wrote:No, I don't, but I do know there are more conjunctions than just and, but, and or. FANBOYS: what's your function?

The person below me has a grammar related anecdote to share.

In place of straining to make a forced connection by pretending to misunderstand and beginning an anecdote about my grandma, I'll offer these grammar groaners;

Knock Knock

Who's there?

To.

To who?

To whom.

and

Q: What do you say when you are comforting a grammarian?

A: There, Their, They're

The person below me owns a collection of knitted unicorn cozies.

maxikyd

olcubmaster wrote:In place of straining to make a forced connection by pretending to misunderstand and beginning an anecdote about my grandma, I'll offer these grammar groaners;

Knock Knock

Who's there?

To.

To who?

To whom.

and

Q: What do you say when you are comforting a grammarian?

A: There, Their, They're

The person below me owns a collection of knitted unicorn cozies.

Well, of course I do. Have you ever SEEN a frozen unicorn? It's a most unpleasant sight--rather like an upside-down blueberry popsicle. I've got to keep them all cozy and warm so they can spread happiness and joy.

The person below me has a can of unicorn meat (from T h i n k g e e k) in their cupboard.

olcubmaster

maxikyd wrote:Well, of course I do. Have you ever SEEN a frozen unicorn? It's a most unpleasant sight--rather like an upside-down blueberry popsicle. I've got to keep them all cozy and warm so they can spread happiness and joy.

The person below me has a can of unicorn meat (from T h i n k g e e k) in their cupboard.

I think it looks pretty nice next to my can of Spamalot Spam.

The person below me has a jar of Postum in their cupboard.

maxikyd

olcubmaster wrote:I think it looks pretty nice next to my can of Spamalot Spam.

The person below me has a jar of Postum in their cupboard.

It's getting so hard to find! VT Country Store still sells it.

The person below me wishes that he/she could have a holiday meal just once without any family drama.

stacipurv

maxikyd wrote:It's getting so hard to find! VT Country Store still sells it.

The person below me wishes that he/she could have a holiday meal just once without any family drama.

Alas, today isn't that day. But I'll keep wishin'!

The person below me barely averted a sweet potato crisis.

jawsuser

stacipurv wrote:Alas, today isn't that day. But I'll keep wishin'!

The person below me barely averted a sweet potato crisis.

Thank goodness one of the relatives brought a sweet potato casserole or my name would have been mud!

The person below me will tell us an interesting story about mud.

maxikyd

jawsuser wrote:Thank goodness one of the relatives brought a sweet potato casserole or my name would have been mud!

The person below me will tell us an interesting story about mud.

I was on shore patrol at the Great Lakes Training Station. It was night, and it had been raining. I came across two guys rolling around fighting in a mud puddle--I thought they were trying to kill each other. I asked them to leave and, to my surprise, they did.
Next patrol through the same area--same puddle--same guys. I said that I thought I'd told them to leave.
First guy looks up, all I can see of his face is he eyes.
"He lost his wedding ring," he said.
"And my wife will KILL me if I come home without it," the second guy said in a panicked voice.
I just shook my head and walked away.

The person below me has seen the same performer in concert 5 times (so far), and plans to tell you about it. now.

bsmith1

quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1
maxikyd wrote:
The person below me has seen the same performer in concert 5 times (so far), and plans to tell you about it. now.

Given the opportunity, I don't know who wouldn't see Eiffel 65 five times!

The person below me once had an unfortunate encounter with a sticky lamp post.

sneezingshelties

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sneezingshelties
bsmith1 wrote:Given the opportunity, I don't know who wouldn't see Eiffel 65 five times!

The person below me once had an unfortunate encounter with a sticky lamp post.

I just couldn't figure out why it was so sticky!

The person below me has never held a turtle. But they want to.

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake
sneezingshelties wrote:I just couldn't figure out why it was so sticky!

The person below me has never held a turtle. But they want to.

It's true. Yeah, I buy from a turtle-y shirt site regularly, and seem to have quite a few shirts with turtles on them already ... and even wore one this morning ... but I've never held one before.

The person below me celebrated Thanksgiving on the sidewalk in front of a big box store.

pdplsd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pdplsd

it was actually the container store but thats ok.....

The person Below me Does not exist in reality, he/she is a figment of our imagination.

jawsuser

pdplsd wrote:it was actually the container store but thats ok.....

The person Below me Does not exist in reality, he/she is a figment of our imagination.

Shhhh you're not supposed to tell. Don't you know I'm like Tinkerbell, and Puff the Magic Dragon. If people stop believing in me I will disappear, then who will take care of dad?

The person below me will tell us about something they believe very strongly in or about.

stacipurv

jawsuser wrote:Shhhh you're not supposed to tell. Don't you know I'm like Tinkerbell, and Puff the Magic Dragon. If people stop believing in me I will disappear, then who will take care of dad?

The person below me will tell us about something they believe very strongly in or about.

If you're from south of the Mason-Dixon line, it's "puh-kahn"! NOT "pee-can", dagnabit!!! Quit saying that! (If you're from the North, you get a pass. You don't know much about 'em anyway). Seriously! STOP! It makes me Crazy!

The person below me has some interesting thoughts about that Carrie Underwood "The Sound of Music" production.

olcubmaster

stacipurv wrote:If you're from south of the Mason-Dixon line, it's "puh-kahn"! NOT "pee-can", dagnabit!!! Quit saying that! (If you're from the North, you get a pass. You don't know much about 'em anyway). Seriously! STOP! It makes me Crazy!

The person below me has some interesting thoughts about that Carrie Underwood "The Sound of Music" production.

Actually, I'm working on a remake where all the actors are replaced by wooden spoons perfectly synced with the NBC broadcast vocals.

The person below me has fond memories of appearing on stage.