gruisinger

quality posts: 5 Private Messages gruisinger

no Bounty of Candy?

lichme

quality posts: 2950 Private Messages lichme

Take a look at some great reviews (in yellow) Here

jeffiekins

quality posts: 56 Private Messages jeffiekins

It looks very high tech. Is it compatible with my Mac?

I'm supposed to buy something? But we're having so much fun with things as they are, I don't want to ruin it!
Purchases: 18 / 11 (nobody cares what, so I won't tell you);
Brownies of Cannabis: 1 / 12 (Thanks, Wootalyzer! -- would it help if I called them something else?).

lichme

Item: Dyson DC33 Multi Floor Vacuum - Blue
Price: $179.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: Refurbished

Search Amazon Search Google

decst19

quality posts: 1 Private Messages decst19

I waited up for this?

lichme

Many Many great reviews from Hope Depot

lichme

jeffiekins

quality posts: 56 Private Messages jeffiekins
gruisinger wrote:no Bounty of Candy?

Nor Brownie of Cannabis. *sigh*

I'm supposed to buy something? But we're having so much fun with things as they are, I don't want to ruin it!
Purchases: 18 / 11 (nobody cares what, so I won't tell you);
Brownies of Cannabis: 1 / 12 (Thanks, Wootalyzer! -- would it help if I called them something else?).

golnectr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages golnectr

Keep in mind, although you will be saving 110 dollars over a new one, you also sacrifice the Dyson warranty of 5 years parts and labor for the refurbished warranty of 6 months.

Not worth it in my humble opinion.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3542 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Very good reviews (4.5 out of 5.0) over at The O

Schitty

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Schitty

Happy Birthday Woot! I'm so sad.

tri4realz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tri4realz

Got one 2 years ago and I'm completely satisfied. On arrival it looked like new as far as I could tell, and works flawlessly. Prefer this to the dc43 animal I picked last year because the brush bar on that one is a little too aggressive. I empty the bin with every use, and wash out the filter and ALL the bin parts every 6 mos.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

Schitty wrote:Happy Birthday Woot! I'm so sad.

Our birthday isn't until Friday YO!

hdlp

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hdlp

I got this a couple months ago and have been satisfied with the performance. I like its modular and light-weight design.

If the "refurb" tag steers you away, it is possible to buy a new yellow version at Kohls. You have to wait and a bit of luck. I once saw these offered like this:
- 20% off the $450 MSRP --> $360
- Extra 30% off brings it to $252 (Kohlssent this out almost every month)
- "$10 Kohl's cash for every $50" offers give you $50 Kohl's cash

So, it's possible to get a brand new DC33 at $252 plus $50 in merchandise credit. As I said, you need the timing and a bit of luck to have all those three at the same time, but it's definitely possible.

garaux

quality posts: 5 Private Messages garaux
ROGETRAY wrote:Our birthday isn't until Friday YO!

When did this change? I've had woots bday on my calendar for years. This day used to be full of woot awesomeness...

Edit: scratch that comment. My calendar has the correct date of the 12th. The human in me failed to parse it properly. Carry on not celebrating your birthday.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

garaux wrote:When did this change? I've had woots bday on my calendar for years. This day used to be full of woot awesomeness...

You might be mistaken good/kind sir/madam.
To the best of my knowledge, July 12th is Woot's birthday.
This is last year's Blog post:
http://www.woot.com/blog/post/the-wootathon-24-hours-of-streaming-video-all-birthday-long

We also have some pretty rad stuff scheduled for Friday as well.

So stay tuned!

EDIT: Awesome non-birthday dancing still commencing.

jamina1

quality posts: 14 Private Messages jamina1
hdlp wrote:I got this a couple months ago and have been satisfied with the performance. I like its modular and light-weight design.

If the "refurb" tag steers you away, it is possible to buy a new yellow version at Kohls. You have to wait and a bit of luck. I once saw these offered like this:
- 20% off the $450 MSRP --> $360
- Extra 30% off brings it to $252 (Kohlssent this out almost every month)
- "$10 Kohl's cash for every $50" offers give you $50 Kohl's cash

So, it's possible to get a brand new DC33 at $252 plus $50 in merchandise credit. As I said, you need the timing and a bit of luck to have all those three at the same time, but it's definitely possible.

It's new straight from Dyson at $299
https://www.dyson.com/vacuums/uprights/dc33/dc33-multi-floor.aspx

FINALLY GOT A Bucket of Candycorn ON 9/22/10!

jpsyche

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jpsyche
golnectr wrote:Keep in mind, although you will be saving 110 dollars over a new one, you also sacrifice the Dyson warranty of 5 years parts and labor for the refurbished warranty of 6 months.

So, more for us. Myself, I got my refurb DC14 five years ago; didn't know enough to get a Squaretrade warranty, but it's still going strong. Got one for my sister 2 years ago, it's also fine, on a 3 year ST warranty, which is on sale this week for 24.49; this would come to about $210 shipped - still nine dollars less than I paid for my DC14, and this is several generations improved over that one....

pupyluvr

quality posts: 51 Private Messages pupyluvr

Oh! Mr. Goodbar!, Oh! Mr. Goodbar!, Oh! Mr. Goodbar!... A dyson!

pupyluvr

quality posts: 51 Private Messages pupyluvr

Is it compatible with my floor?

stringali

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stringali

Hello everyone! I purchased this vac on the last go around here on woot. Don't let the word refurb sway you. This item came and is so brand new, you could not tell the difference. Also, from what I here and experienced, when you register the warranty, it appears to go in as a new warranty, not a refurb, so hopefully I will not have to find out....haha! This vac is great and you can not tell that it is a return.....like many items I get from woot, they all appear untouched. Grab this before it is gone! Just an FYI......my first Dyson dc33 animal I bought new from Macy's a couple of years ago, and the switch broke in the first month. This vac (knock on wood) has gone longer and without incident... hope this helps!

xyrcncp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages xyrcncp
stringali wrote:Hello everyone! I purchased this vac on the last go around here on woot. Don't let the word refurb sway you.

As I've said before, it's because people have it stuck in their heads that refurb = item was defective and fixed. Which is NOT always the case.

I guess these people also always buy new cars because they can't trust anything used.

OldMatador

quality posts: 13 Private Messages OldMatador
golnectr wrote:Keep in mind, although you will be saving 110 dollars over a new one, you also sacrifice the Dyson warranty of 5 years parts and labor for the refurbished warranty of 6 months.

Sometimes you get lucky. I bought my Dyson at Woot, then registered it on Dyson's website, and I got the full 5-year warranty.

YMMV.

SickPup404

quality posts: 2 Private Messages SickPup404

Seems like the biggest complaint is that they switched to a plastic telescoping tube over the old metal one, which made it a little more "flimsy" feeling since it wasn't 100% rigid. Also, it's a smaller diameter tube and old accessories don't work on it... (Disclaimer: Only what I read in reviews - we still have our DC14 Refurb from Woot from October 2011.)

11/17/2006 - Mediocre Plug-In Odor Eliminator 2 Pack - WOOT OFF - One for the team
11/16/2006 - Audiovox Portable 10” LCD TV with DVD Player - WOOT OFF
6/9/2006 - iRobot Roomba Sage with Convenience Pack (4110) - My First WOOT!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pupyluvr wrote:Oh! Mr. Goodbar!, Oh! Mr. Goodbar!, Oh! Mr. Goodbar!... A dyson!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jkinzel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jkinzel

I bought one of these (but new) a few months back when they had them. I really like it a lot. It gets so much crap out of our carpet which is needed with a big black lab and two cats.

asaraa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages asaraa

Great deal...My wife has been dying for one of these

mmrbr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mmrbr

The description on the main page boasts a constant suction of "240 Air Watts". IDK what an Air Watt is but I assume it's some measurable unit of suction power.
There was a "DC24 Ball" listed back on 6/30 that claimed only 115 "air watts".
Does today's model really have more than double the suction power?

I own a DC14 (refurb) that I purchased from woot back in Dec 2007 and it sucks. It has been wonderful and far better that any other brand I've ever owned and its still going strong and I would imagine that the suction power on my unit is closer to the DC24 model.

So although my current DC14 still works fine and really sucks, I might buy this one if it really does have more than double the suction power or "Air Watts" than what I have now. If it's true then today's model really sucks!

Can anyone shed some light on what an "Air Watt" is and also if this model really does suck twice as much?

P.S. - I also own a Dyson Bladless fan and it BLOWS!

ETA: Here's what wiki says about Airwatts:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_watt

andrearr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages andrearr

I bought this same item last year, I have been happy with it. It's my third Dyson vacuum, and my favorite.

jbraunonline

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jbraunonline

I bought this the last time it was on woot for the same price a couple of months ago. It sucks very well. I like how cool it looks and how well it sucks, but I was a little surprised at how heavy it is. Other than the weight, the only other complaint I have is the hose can be a little awkward to use. Overall I am happy with it and would recommend it. My refurbished unit looked completely brand new except the canister. The canister looked like it had been used once maybe. Almost perfect. When I registered it with the manufacturer, it did not tell me how long the warranty is. I will have to go look it up again.

crktfrog

quality posts: 9 Private Messages crktfrog

This refurb is $213 at overstock. So this is a good deal. I was encouraged to buy this by other woot refurb dyson owners.

GulfCoastGirl

quality posts: 5 Private Messages GulfCoastGirl

I bought this same one (DC33) from WOOT a few months back. Looks brand new so don't let the "refurb" worry you.

Now onto a couple of features I really do not like about this vacuum. I hate that you have to reach your foot around to the front in order to pull it back to use. A back foot lever would be much better. I'm tall with long legs and it's still awkward. I imagine even more so for a shorter person.

The hose is built into the handle and that is also very awkward to use. I bought this for use in my downstairs which is mostly tile with area rugs and I often need to pull out the hose to get pet hair in corners and taking the hose out is cumbersome because of the way it's built into the handle. When you do get the hose out, you have the handle in your hands, which makes moving the vacuum difficult because you have to bend over and grab the unit from a lower position while you have the hose out.

It does work very well on the rugs as it doesn't really pull up the edges of the rugs like my other vacuum, so for that, it's nice.

Switching from carpet to hard floor requires you bend over to change the dial. I have to do this often and it's a pain. My other vacuum has a switch on the handle to do this and IMO, any expensive quality vacuum such as Dyson should also have this feature.

The vacuum is good quality and works excellent in terms of picking up pet hair and everything else. It lives up to the Dyson name in terms of performance.

Had I known about the features I mention above, I would not have purchased this vacuum, however if those things don't bother you then I'd say get this vacuum as it's a great deal and does perform well.

Hope this is helpful.

mickisue

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mickisue
stringali wrote:Hello everyone! I purchased this vac on the last go around here on woot. Don't let the word refurb sway you. This item came and is so brand new, you could not tell the difference. Also, from what I here and experienced, when you register the warranty, it appears to go in as a new warranty, not a refurb, so hopefully I will not have to find out....haha! This vac is great and you can not tell that it is a return.....like many items I get from woot, they all appear untouched. Grab this before it is gone! Just an FYI......my first Dyson dc33 animal I bought new from Macy's a couple of years ago, and the switch broke in the first month. This vac (knock on wood) has gone longer and without incident... hope this helps!

I'm with you. Refurbished products have already demonstrated their factory new weaknesses, and been repaired.

I'm a BIG fan of refurbished products, and have never had an issue with them, unlike new-in-box ones.

mmrbr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mmrbr
mmrbr wrote:The description on the main page boasts a constant suction of "240 Air Watts". IDK what an Air Watt is but I assume it's some measurable unit of suction power.
There was a "DC24 Ball" listed back on 6/30 that claimed only 115 "air watts".
Does today's model really have more than double the suction power?

I own a DC14 (refurb) that I purchased from woot back in Dec 2007 and it sucks. It has been wonderful and far better that any other brand I've ever owned and its still going strong and I would imagine that the suction power on my unit is closer to the DC24 model.

So although my current DC14 still works fine and really sucks, I might buy this one if it really does have more than double the suction power or "Air Watts" than what I have now. If it's true then today's model really sucks!

Can anyone shed some light on what an "Air Watt" is and also if this model really does suck twice as much?

P.S. - I also own a Dyson Bladless fan and it BLOWS!

ETA: Here's what wiki says about Airwatts:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_watt

Can anyone verify that this model has more than double the suction of previous models (240 Airwatts vs. 115 Airwatts)???
If so then I'm definitely in for one. It's just that I find it hard to believe since my 6 year old DC14 performs so well.

kuand

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kuand

I bought refurbished DC14 2 months ago from woot. It came in with broken on/off switch, so I had to ship it back.

kevinwangjiakan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevinwangjiakan

Is this good for a studio apartment, or should I wait for the DC 35?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mmrbr wrote:Can anyone verify that this model has more than double the suction of previous models (240 Airwatts vs. 115 Airwatts)???
If so then I'm definitely in for one. It's just that I find it hard to believe since my 6 year old DC14 performs so well.

Our specs are from Dyson. That would be a good place to start if you doubt them. I don't see anything that says it's twice the power but that's what I infer as well.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cleverlyc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cleverlyc

I have a refurbished Dyson I bought off of Woot 8 years ago, it's comparable to this model and I haven't had a moment's trouble.
I'm considering buying this for my mom, and have no qualms about the warranty whatsoever.

geno649

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geno649

I have this and it is good, but the extension cord is hard to use because it is so stiff.