fit410s

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fit410s
conanthelibrarian wrote:Some good and bad reviews with an overall score of 7.5 over at testfreaks.com

2 star average from 41 reviews = it sucks
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=LC320EM2

jpsyche

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jpsyche

Ok, in Woot's defense, this tv - is crap...

bsmith1

quality posts: 102 Private Messages bsmith1
fit410s wrote:2 star average from 41 reviews = it sucks
http://www.amazon.com/Emerson-LC320EM2-LCD-Television-720p/dp/B005RQMP5K/

Hi, friend. Keep in mind, those reviews are for a NEW tv. The ones woot is selling are factory refurbished. In other words, all the problems have been fixed by the factory! ;)

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

Hey guys,
Just a reminder. If you wanna continue talking about Woot's Birthday Celebration, you can head over to this World of Woot thread to continue the birthday comments!

yeknomgod

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yeknomgod

This matches Wal-Mart's Black Friday price from last year and not well reviewed on Amazon, with the common complaint being failure in the power inverter - http://www.amazon.com/Emerson-LC320EM2-LCD-Television-720p/product-reviews/B005RQMP5K

;9 -yeknomgod

FrankSchwab

quality posts: 3 Private Messages FrankSchwab

Make it 1080, and I'd buy a bunch. I bought a 32" 1080p for my desk at work, hooked it up to my computer, and will never have to squint at my screen again. 720p isn't enough, but 1080 is glorious.

corvettejoe

quality posts: 21 Private Messages corvettejoe

Happy Birthday w00t!!

drkal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drkal

Well .. Happy birthday .. but this deal is the anti-woot.

outoftune

quality posts: 3 Private Messages outoftune

Happy Birthday Woot! Surely this WILL count as a quality post! Are ya feelin' the love?

6567GTO

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 6567GTO

Couldn't have said it better myself....

clarkbhm wrote:Why did I stay up until 1 AM, just to be told that the Bunch of Crap will be on later today? Why not reward the die hards who remember Woot's birthday?

Woot is definitely not what it used to be now that Amazon has taken over.

Don't sweat the petty stuff, pet the sweaty stuff!
my GTO

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 93 Private Messages radi0j0hn

Woot, you're adopted.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

buscheag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buscheag

Agreed.

Why does no one understand the D vs S in PST/CST/PDT/CDT? If you don't know what it means, don't use it.

djslack wrote:9-5 PST... But the Pacific is on PDT right now, so is that really what people in the P would call 10 AM if they looked at their currently daylight-saving clocks, aka 12 in the Central, or 11 Central? I'm guessing this isn't meant ot be extra confusing, so I'm going to call 11 Central.

olcubmaster

quality posts: 30 Private Messages olcubmaster

Will all woot! staffers please avert your eyes from this post? I hate to be a birthday party pooper.

While the Emerson might fit the bill for a dorm tv, you may want to pony up another $25.00 and consider a new 32" Dynex from Best Buy. It is currently $179.99 with free shipping.

The stats are similar, The Dynex has 3 HDMI inputs vs. Emerson's 1 and you get a one year warranty from a brick and mortar you can find if/when it needs servicing.

I've bought a couple Dynex for dorm room use and it gets the job done.

Happy Birthday Woot!

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

jijibella

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jijibella

Happy Birthday Woot. Not sure about the TV....

bigray57

quality posts: 10 Private Messages bigray57

Happy Birthday WOOT!!! You share the day with my dog, Bosco who turns 3 today (but I think you was borned before him)!!!

wollern

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wollern

nevermind...just give me a bag of chalupas.

cowtipn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cowtipn

Funny enough, I bought this TV new last year for the guest bedroom. It critically failed after about 40 hours and I'm now here looking to replace it.

rwilson1267

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rwilson1267

Happy Birthday Woot!! It seems like just yesterday you were only 8 yrs and 364 days old

cryosilver

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cryosilver

I have owned one of these for about 8 months now, having won it in a raffle. It works alright, but the sound is very tinny, and the lack of ports limits its utility. Still, for what I use it for (watching TV while doing laundry) it gets the job done.

briansolomon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages briansolomon

I know a couple people with 32" Emerson sets. Picture quality is horrid and sound is pretty awful. That said, they do work.

Could be a good bedroom or kids TV if you don't care at all what you are getting.

briansolomon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages briansolomon
olcubmaster wrote:Will all woot! staffers please avert your eyes from this post? I hate to be a birthday party pooper.

While the Emerson might fit the bill for a dorm tv, you may want to pony up another $25.00 and consider a new 32" Dynex from Best Buy. It is currently $179.99 with free shipping.

The stats are similar, The Dynex has 3 HDMI inputs vs. Emerson's 1 and you get a one year warranty from a brick and mortar you can find if/when it needs servicing.

I've bought a couple Dynex for dorm room use and it gets the job done.

Happy Birthday Woot!

Completely agree with this post.

rollingrocktx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rollingrocktx

I have this TV in our Camper...the audio from the speakers is terrible...you must use this TV with a sound bar or stereo...

luvduchovny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages luvduchovny
bsmith1 wrote:PST?!! Woot time is Central time! What is the world coming to?

Well since Woot is owned by Amazon these days and they are located in Seattle,WA and not Texas... Pacific time it is!

I'm too lazy for signatures... oh, okay not completely lazy.

dernst_ca1

quality posts: 35 Private Messages dernst_ca1
bsmith1 wrote:PST?!! Woot time is Central time! What is the world coming to?

Woot moved to Seattle a few years ago... Which is PST

-JMHSRV

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

nyub101

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nyub101

Happy Birthday woot! Keep up the good deals! And let them eat cake!

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value." -- Albert Einstein

EricPost

quality posts: 3 Private Messages EricPost

Happy birthday Mr Hood, happy birthday to you...To make you're birthday turn out right, we give this present to you.

kippyj

quality posts: 12 Private Messages kippyj

Been here for a very long time. If Amazon thinks this is a way to get new consumers, well...let's just say, "I doubt it." Having had over 30 bags of cookies, and recalling how much fun it used to be to grab some, all I can say at this point is, "I have more entertaining things to do on Friday in July."

For the haters: I was just checking to see if there was anything worthwhile.

"I love your red hair. It's not very common and YOU are FAR from common." Tom Harris

dliidlii

quality posts: 33 Private Messages dliidlii
bsmith1 wrote:Hi, friend. Keep in mind, those reviews are for a NEW tv. The ones woot is selling are factory refurbished. In other words, all the problems have been fixed by the factory! ;)

If the problems were poor picture/sound quality inherent with the model a refurb will NOT be any better.

tankmom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tankmom

DO not ever buy anything from WOOT again. Their custumor service is abysmal. I had a product delivered incomplete - took me forever to get a respoonse - then final part or product sent - damaged! Only get automated responses from woot - no actual human.

buscheag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buscheag

Or, in July, PDT.

dernst_ca1 wrote:Woot moved to Seattle a few years ago... Which is PST

jsun

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsun
bsmith1 wrote:Hi, friend. Keep in mind, those reviews are for a NEW tv. The ones woot is selling are factory refurbished. In other words, all the problems have been fixed by the factory! ;)

Yeah. "Fixed".

Harpo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Harpo

Ah, Emerson. When only the most ordinary of the ordinary will do.

teknomls

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teknomls

I've never seen so many people ask for presents on someone else's birthday!

Happy hatch day, Woot. I remember your perpetual coolness- even before a bunch of these sub-Woots came to be. Stay classy and have many more.

thezar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thezar
dernst_ca1 wrote:Woot moved to Seattle a few years ago... Which is PST

I'd be PST too..

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 548 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

thezar wrote:I'd be PST too..

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

zolttt

quality posts: 11 Private Messages zolttt

Happy Birfday

djslack

quality posts: 15 Private Messages djslack
buscheag wrote:Agreed.

Why does no one understand the D vs S in PST/CST/PDT/CDT? If you don't know what it means, don't use it.

At least someone here understands me!

grifbrow9856

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grifbrow9856

grifbrow9856

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grifbrow9856
djslack wrote:At least someone here understands me!

If they are refurbished completely by the factory why only a 3 months warranty?

zenmeister

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zenmeister

can i use the tv with an mount tilt like this http://www.amazon.com/Cheetah-APTMM2B-Including-Ethernet-Magnetic/dp/B0012S4APK

with the voucher "Gooncave" amazone give us 15% offer