Staff

Poll: Talent-competition reality shows are:
  • 0.8% - The best thing on TV 21
  • 5.6% - Usually a good time 153
  • 18.6% - Occasionally OK 510
  • 23.2% - Played out 634
  • 51.9% - Just as bad as they always were 1420
2738 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

cycokiller

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cycokiller

I've never been too into that singing one.. but the "* got talent" ones have some fun stuff sometimes.

4F682120446F6E277420746F756368206D652074686572652100

Boredmaster

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Boredmaster

People that watch them are also the kind of people that watch too much television. That tells you something. You'll never hear someone say, "I don't watch much tv, but I do love watching reality competition shows." Unless, of course, they're lying and ashamed of themselves.

photobobk

quality posts: 5 Private Messages photobobk

OTOH, I'll admit that I DO watch too much TV, but I won't watch that stuff...

19dl49

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 19dl49

their audences would applaud a dog licking himself.And their judges are really star quality to judge talent,okay the one has music talent but she likes everything.

ratmotor

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ratmotor

This poll could apply to woot! puns, except for the TV part.

spirit9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spirit9

These shows are a complete waste of time. Therefore, I never even thought about watching them. I was always amused and puzzled by my co-workers when they would be gushing over some of the contestants. Bilge I say!

firebirdude

quality posts: 19 Private Messages firebirdude

Everyone always says these shows suck (including me), but then how do they get a record number of viewers?!

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll

Even though not a scientific poling I think it says something that at present (this posting)72.8% say "played out(23%)or Just as bad as they always were(49.8%). Tends to make me feel, they can now be listed as "toes up" and "tagged".

billypuppy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages billypuppy

I never miss an episode of "Americas Got Herpes".

"Three generations of imbeciles is enough".
Oliver Wendell Holmes

paradise

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paradise

There was no "other" option...

I don't watch the shows but like to watch a very few on YouTube. The few I do watch, I tend to enjoy a lot and watch over and over.

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

America's Got Talent is entertaining. (But I never watch it. Ever.)

The Voice is best when I fast-forward past all the touchy-feely stuff and get to the core of the competition.

I love Project Runway, but hate it when team projects go bad because people are like... "I CAN'T POSSIBLY WORK WITH ANYBODY EVER BUT I WANT MONEY TO OWN MY OWN STUDIO". Srsly...

cappo

quality posts: 33 Private Messages cappo
firebirdude wrote:Everyone always says these shows suck (including me), but then how do they get a record number of viewers?!

Maybe the only people watching are Neilson families.

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

I saw on my satellite box guide there was a show called "Top Hooker".

I immediately thought it was a competition show sort of like "Top Model", except where people competed to be the best prostitute.

It's actually about fishing, which was a let-down. I think it's a sign that there is too much reality tv in the world, that I would think there was a show about finding the world's best whores. I don't even watch reality/talent/tv shows and I know of them because of how saturated they are in the rest of our media.

phredt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phredt

0.8% of people taking this poll misread the answer in line 1 as "worst" when it actually says "best." How embarrassing for them.

sneedo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sneedo

I enjoy the Gordon Ramsay offerings.

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska
sneedo wrote:I enjoy the Gordon Ramsay offerings.

Same.

But I wouldn't want to be on them.