WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Go Tell It On The Pinnacle Speakers

If your home entertainment system was a human body, your speakers would be the mouth. You wouldn't settle for a second-rate mouth on your own body, so why settle for second-rate speakers? (We don't know what the other body parts would be. We haven't thought this through.)
Pinnacle Speakers official site

Quality Posts

• (8:39 PM, 7/16/2013) [Insider] pinnaclespeakers clears up some confusion...
  • (10:46 PM, 7/16/2013) [Insider] pinnaclespeakers answers flyswatters question about soundbars..

pinnaclespeakers

quality posts: 88 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers

Arin With Pinnacle Speakers Here team Leader @ Pinnacle customer support. Welcome Woot Community to another Pinnacle special event. I am here to assist with any and all questions you may have about our products, your own decision, etc. I have worked here at Pinnacle, a family owned and operated USA based company for 8 of their 37 years. Only 1 independently owned and operated speaker company has been in business longer, so I guess that means we do a few things right. Among them is top quality product and customer support. I have extensive product knowledge and have a variety of engineers and other people on this side here to assist if need be. No question is "DUMB" so please ask away. Wooters who have bought our product are welcome to assist other Wooters. Enjoy the event!

ARIN, TEAM LEADER, PINNACLE SPEAKERS

Mancho

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Mancho

Could you tell me what the model #s are for the subs included in the MB11500+ and MB9500+?

HokiePokie757

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HokiePokie757

Hi Arin!

I already have 2 baby boomers, and they sound great! Is there any way you can convince me not to get the SuperSonic sub to annoy my neighbors even more? Would 2 SuperSonics be overkill for a 7.2 setup? Thanks!

pinnaclespeakers

Mancho wrote:Could you tell me what the model #s are for the subs included in the MB11500+ and MB9500+?

Hello Mancho. Our normal policy is not to break down the individual items in our bundles. BUT, since this is such a bargain on both MB 9500+ and MB 11500+ and the nature of these events are snooze lose, we will further help clarify the value of these deals and reveal the components in each system for you.

MB11500+ consists of 3 BD 200 for Front and Center Channels, acoustically timbre matched across front.
2 BD 100 as rear surrounds, also timbre matched to the fronts
1 PSSUB 225 Powered subwoofer, which is also available individually in this sale.
50' Monster cable THX certified

MB 9500+:

4 BD 100, Front Left/Right and Rear left/Right channels
1 BD 200 as Center Channel
1 DIG SUB 100 Powered SUBWOOFER
50' MOnster Cable THX certified

I would doubt even used merchandise is this big a bargain.

I hope this helps.

pinnaclespeakers

HokiePokie757 wrote:Hi Arin!

I already have 2 baby boomers, and they sound great! Is there any way you can convince me not to get the SuperSonic sub to annoy my neighbors even more? Would 2 SuperSonics be overkill for a 7.2 setup? Thanks!

Hello, well doing the HOKIE POKIE with 2 SUPERSONICs would be quite a thrill. But seriously, both use dual driver configurations and the Baby Boomer is faster and more accurate on music. BUT, for movies and esepcially in a large room, there is nothing that can come close to 2 SUPERSONICS. They are the top of our line without getting into the RHINO series at $2,000+.

So, an arrangement with 1 Baby Boomer and 1 Supersonic is possibly the best mix placing the Baby Boomer closer to the main speakers as the front sub and the SUPERSONIC in the rear. But, if you have the large room, definately go for the 2 SUPERSONICS and again, especially at these WOOT exclusive offers. I think your neighbors will become better friends as you invite them over to enjoy. The upgrade would be significant, good as the Baby Boomers are.

pinnaclespeakers

Mancho wrote:Could you tell me what the model #s are for the subs included in the MB11500+ and MB9500+?

Woot Community, If you compare the value of modle MB 11500+ to an alternate set up:

2 PAIR SFITLCR 250
1 SFIT CTR 350
1 PSSUB 225

The MB 11500+ stands out as a remarkable value. And it includes Monster cable.

The above configuration is quite terrific in it's own right, but when we put together a complete system Bundle, we drive the value to the max.

pinnaclespeakers

Hello Woot Community. Arin with Pinnacle here with some recommendations. If you are picking up the Emerson TV on sale, we strongly recommend our FRONTROWPBAR6200 SOUNDBAR to go with it. Or FRONTROWSYS8210 which includes the SOUNDBAR and wireless subwoofer. Either of these 2 products would add a considerable acoustic dimension to the flat panel TV and either hook up with a simple quick connect cable direct to the TV.

If you are on TECH WOOT looking at the high end Pioneer receivers, we strongly recommend MB 11500+, MB 9500+ or separate systems such as:

1 QP9W SPEAKERBAR
1 PAIR SFITLCR 250 Rear
1 BABY BOOMER Subwoofer superb for music and movies or
1 PSSUB 225 in a 350 square foot room or larger.

USe SUPERSONIC if the room is larger than 400-500 square' and if you have audiophile taste.

The Pioneer receivers are excellent in our view and compatibility with all our speakers here is not a question.

We hope this assists.

mengwang1980

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mengwang1980

Can the Pinnacle Speakers Front Row PBAR 6200 175W Soundbar output to a separate wired sub without a receiver? I have a Polk PSW505.

Mancho

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Mancho
pinnaclespeakers wrote:...

I hope this helps.

Great help. Thank you very much!

pinnaclespeakers

mengwang1980 wrote:Can the Pinnacle Speakers Front Row PBAR 6200 175W Soundbar output to a separate wired sub without a receiver? I have a Polk PSW505.

I do not believe so, but how is the Sub hooked up if no receiver?

mengwang1980

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mengwang1980
pinnaclespeakers wrote:I do not believe so, but how is the Sub hooked up if no receiver?

Still in the market for a receiver... Looked at the Pioneer but it's a little out of my budget range.

pinnaclespeakers

mengwang1980 wrote:Still in the market for a receiver... Looked at the Pioneer but it's a little out of my budget range.

I see. If you pick up a receiver than the correct product would be QP9W and that would represent the front left/right and center channels all in 1 very high quality SPEAKERBAR. It would be connected to the receiver.

If, however you want to add considerable acoustices to a flat panel TV without a complete home theater set up, than purchase model FRONTROWSYS8210 which does not need a receiver, hooks up directly to the TV and includes it's own wireless subwoofer.

So, again, with a receiver select QP9W as front channels and we also strongly recomment one of our powered subwoofers, either baby Boomer or PSSUB 225, if no receiver, the correct choice is FRONTROWSYS8210.

We hope this information is helpful for you

charlesfbriggs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages charlesfbriggs

I purchased the QP9 speaker bar for my system a while ago. Now I have moved into a larger room and am wondering if I can use it as a center speaker and put some right and left channel speakers on the side. I was thinking of bridging the right and left connections all to the center so that it's one big center. Would this be too wide? Would this be too much for my receiver? Would the baby boomer be a good fit?

mrln

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mrln
pinnaclespeakers wrote:
The above configuration is quite terrific in it's own right, but when we put together a complete system Bundle, we drive the value to the max.

Some observations, but the reason people may shy away from the package deals is because they usually aren't sure what's in them, which you solved here nicely by telling us, much thanks....and people usually prefer a different sub than the one offered (or they suspect is being offered) in a package.

If sans sub the MB11500+ was $250-300, I'd be all over it and then pick up another baby boomer or the supersonic (or some other brand like hsu). The 225 sub doesn't quite fit the bill for me.

pinnaclespeakers

charlesfbriggs wrote:I purchased the QP9 speaker bar for my system a while ago. Now I have moved into a larger room and am wondering if I can use it as a center speaker and put some right and left channel speakers on the side. I was thinking of bridging the right and left connections all to the center so that it's one big center. Would this be too wide? Would this be too much for my receiver? Would the baby boomer be a good fit?

Hi, If you want to use the QP9W only for center channel application than it is best to just use the Center channel inputs and disconnect left and right. Bridging all 3 channels into the receiver center channle would lower the impedence too much and could harm the amp.

The BABY BOOmer is an outstanding match to QP9W. Highly recommended. Finally, if you want to pick up SFITCTR 350 for only $79 you can use that as the center and allocate QP9W elsewhere.

pinnaclespeakers

mrln wrote:Some observations, but the reason people may shy away from the package deals is because they usually aren't sure what's in them, which you solved here nicely by telling us, much thanks....and people usually prefer a different sub than the one offered (or they suspect is being offered) in a package.

If sans sub the MB11500+ was $250-300, I'd be all over it and then pick up another baby boomer or the supersonic (or some other brand like hsu). The 225 sub doesn't quite fit the bill for me.

Thank you very much for your thoughts. On our side we have put a lot of thought into these pre-set system configurations specifically tpo assist people who are not comfortable navigating through all the possible options. In our view, the MB 11500+ along with Baby Boomer or SUPERSONIC is an amazing system, and still a ridiculous bargain even with the "EXTRA SUB", which you can always sell off or use elsewhere, make for a holiday gift etc.

Or just grab the sub now, and work out the 5 other speakers next time.

Again, we sincerely appreciate your feedback.

reachsanto71

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reachsanto71

Would anyone be able to let me know the ohms of the speakers please for Pinnacle Speakers 5.1 Channel 700W Audiophile Home Theater System MB9500+

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

reachsanto71 wrote:Would anyone be able to let me know the ohms of the speakers please for Pinnacle Speakers 5.1 Channel 700W Audiophile Home Theater System MB9500+

A quick Google search listed it as having "Impedance :8 ohm" but I'm not sure that is accurate.

I'll PM the vendor and see if they can verify/and or answer your inquiry.

Thanks for the question!

pinnaclespeakers

ROGETRAY wrote:A quick Google search listed it as having "Impedance :8 ohm" but I'm not sure that is accurate.

I'll PM the vendor and see if they can verify/and or answer your inquiry.

Thanks for the question!

Yes, nominal 8 ohms for MB9500+ and MB 11500+ speakers

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

pinnaclespeakers wrote:Yes, nominal 8 ohms for MB9500+ and MB 11500+ speakers

Thank you for all the answers and information you have provided!

rbilsbor

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rbilsbor

Anyone have thoughts on how the two 5.1 bundles compare to the terrifically-reviewed Energy Take Classic 5.1 set?

mboverload

quality posts: 80 Private Messages mboverload
charlesfbriggs wrote:I purchased the QP9 speaker bar for my system a while ago. Now I have moved into a larger room and am wondering if I can use it as a center speaker and put some right and left channel speakers on the side. I was thinking of bridging the right and left connections all to the center so that it's one big center. Would this be too wide? Would this be too much for my receiver? Would the baby boomer be a good fit?

I bought the speaker with that intention. It just doesn't have enough oumph to make it work as a center. I have a beefy receiver and no mater what I did I couldn't get the performance out of it that I wanted to.

117 woots and counting, since 2007. Don't ban me, bro!

vanevenhoven

quality posts: 22 Private Messages vanevenhoven

I wrote this 5 months ago:

..."Feb 18, 2013 4:29 PM
Hi Arin, Woot,

The new lower price for the 11500 1000W at $499 is a steal."...

At 20% off for $399, I may buy another one to look at. I'd have to hide it from the wife for a while, but it's a steal. Remember - this and the 9500 all all in the black lacquer and are stunning.

yup. sonofa.... I'm going to buy another. Arin. Can I have the BD2500s now? We have to be over 30 speakers and $3000

vanevenhoven

quality posts: 22 Private Messages vanevenhoven

Customer Service.

I've mentioned a bunch of times how I love my Pinnacle speakers. But note that the customer service is equally fantastic. If you're on the fence, buy. The product is top shelf, the people are just as classy.

I have a juiced up 7.2 system in the living room, and I just installed a 5.1 in the office.

For the left front, center, and right front, I used the QP9. I had high expectations, but I was blown away. I also used the baby boomer sub (and then a pair of Polks for the surround). I matched it with the Onkyo receiver that was for sale a few weeks ago for the ridiculous price of $139, and the "office system" is better than most main systems for much less cash.

trog69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trog69
mengwang1980 wrote:Still in the market for a receiver... Looked at the Pioneer but it's a little out of my budget range.

With a bit of patience and Google-fu, I was able to find a Sony 7.1ch dig. Receiver for $150. I also have the Polk Audio PSW505 sub, and while I was not expecting all that much sound quality(I have a myriad of good speaker sets laying around, so I bought the receiver as a replacement for the terrible on-board sound in this PC)I must say that I am very satisfied with the sound from this receiver. I also read, after my purchase, that Sony has upped the quality of their receivers quite a bit the last few years. Good luck!

EDIT: The Sony receiver is new, btw, but you can also find great used values.

trog69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trog69

I was hijacked and robbed!! The granddaughters wanted to stay another week at camp, so I'm a bit out of cash for a couple of weeks, drat the luck. I'd love to get my hands on that S-FIT CTR 350 center channel speaker! It would work great in my system I think. Center channel is the one area I still need for perfect gaming/movie surround sound. Oh well. Mebbe next time...

pinnaclespeakers

vanevenhoven wrote:I wrote this 5 months ago:

..."Feb 18, 2013 4:29 PM
Hi Arin, Woot,

The new lower price for the 11500 1000W at $499 is a steal."...

At 20% off for $399, I may buy another one to look at. I'd have to hide it from the wife for a while, but it's a steal. Remember - this and the 9500 all all in the black lacquer and are stunning.

yup. sonofa.... I'm going to buy another. Arin. Can I have the BD2500s now? We have to be over 30 speakers and $3000

Hello Mr Vanehevan. Thank you for the kind words.

pinnaclespeakers

mboverload wrote:I bought the speaker with that intention. It just doesn't have enough oumph to make it work as a center. I have a beefy receiver and no mater what I did I couldn't get the performance out of it that I wanted to.

Yes, it is designed as a complete front left/right and center. The best dedicated Center Channel is BD 300, but if $ is an issue, grab the SFITCTR 350 is below our cost to produce. You may just grab that.

ChineseDream

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ChineseDream

No Bluetooth on the 8210?

jlm5151

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jlm5151

Would the S-FIT LCR 250's be able to keep up with my Polk RM202 Center Channel? I'd like to use them as L and right fronts...

mattjthomas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattjthomas

If I don't have a receiver/system and only use my flat screen (not the best volume) and my blu-ray player, which soundbar would I want? i like the simpleness of the QP9 Wood 9-Element Speaker Bar, but am not sure it would work with what i have. thanks. very amateur when it comes to a/v.

pinnaclespeakers

ChineseDream wrote:No Bluetooth on the 8210?

Hi, the wireless approach we use is 2.4 GHZ. It also accepts any MP3 player, smart phone etc if that device houses your music/movie library

pinnaclespeakers

mattjthomas wrote:If I don't have a receiver/system and only use my flat screen (not the best volume) and my blu-ray player, which soundbar would I want? i like the simpleness of the QP9 Wood 9-Element Speaker Bar, but am not sure it would work with what i have. thanks. very amateur when it comes to a/v.

The exact product designed specifically for your situation os the SOUNDBAR, FRONTROWPBAR6200. It plugs directly to the TV and does not need a receiver.

If you want a added dimension with considerable bass increase, consider purchasing FRONTROWSYS8210 which includes both the SOUNDBAR and a wireless subwoofer. Both products are designed for quick "PLUG-N-PLAY set up and we include all wires, cable needed.

pinnaclespeakers

jlm5151 wrote:Would the S-FIT LCR 250's be able to keep up with my Polk RM202 Center Channel? I'd like to use them as L and right fronts...

Hi, Arin with Pinnacle here. In looking up the Polk Center, it is an ideal match for SFITLCR 250 left and right. http://www.polkaudio.com/products/rm202

The Polk uses 3.5" midbass drivers as does our SFITLCR 250. Which means our product will be a good match to the Polk.

reachsanto71

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reachsanto71

Would anyone know the material used for the speaker Domes. Please help. Is it paper cone ?

hehersontan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hehersontan

Would anyone know if this can take 220v-230v?

pinnaclespeakers

reachsanto71 wrote:Would anyone know the material used for the speaker Domes. Please help. Is it paper cone ?

Hi, They are silk dome tweeters. FYI, materials used is NOT a reflection of sound QUALITY> numerous materials are available and all can be used in lower or higher performing products. It's kind of like a chef, similar ingredients can be mixed to taste really awesome or not so good.

But I hope this answers your specific question.

pinnaclespeakers

hehersontan wrote:Would anyone know if this can take 220v-230v?

Hi, all our Powered products are for USA voltage, but adapters to 220-230 are easy to use and readily available.

Swunder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Swunder

How is the bass on the QP9? I just moved into a small apartment so I don't need much.

No room for my yamaha L/R + powered sub anymore

Already have a receiver so would really just like a nice passive sound bar with decent all around performance.