ckoobs

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ckoobs
link12245 wrote:My tips:
1.) Make sure you are logged in!!!
2.) Know where the buttons are. Log in, and 'go through the motions' of buying an item. You don't have to follow through, but know where the buttons are going to be placed, so you can click them as soon as the page loads.
3.) Have no life, and watch constantly.

I had logged in 3 hours ago! That is why I am so mad. I took the necessary precautions.

link12245

quality posts: 1 Private Messages link12245
ckoobs wrote:I had logged in 3 hours ago! That is why I am so mad. I took the necessary precautions.

Yeah, happened to me on the one right before the one I got. Look at the bright side, you're ready for the next one now!

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

Can't participate, no vid access at this point in my day. Oh, well. ^_^ It was fun while I was watching!

ckoobs

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ckoobs
link12245 wrote:Yeah, happened to me on the one right before the one I got. Look at the bright side, you're ready for the next one now!

you were right! got this one!
now the question is are we only allowed 1 today?

mariod

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mariod

My goodness yet again sold out asap

qwertyasd

quality posts: 13 Private Messages qwertyasd

Just realized that I had one, but it went in my cart. Didn't realize it wouldn't go right to check out.

gti87

quality posts: 4 Private Messages gti87

Earlier I was complaining about getting ready to cry. I have got 6 of the Bricks of Chocolate#39;s to go all the way to processing, only to get the "payment declined" message. BUT NOT THIS TIME. I GOT IT! Lucky number 7! Its my first one ever and now I can finally relax. Good Luck to all! Remember...crappy dreams can come true if you obsessively stick with something long enough!

jon98gn

quality posts: 21 Private Messages jon98gn
gti87 wrote:Earlier I was complaining about getting ready to cry. I have got 6 of the Bricks of Chocolate#39;s to go all the way to processing, only to get the "payment declined" message. BUT NOT THIS TIME. I GOT IT! Lucky number 7! Its my first one ever and now I can finally relax. Good Luck to all! Remember...crappy dreams can come true if you obsessively stick with something long enough!

Congrats... I was lucky that it buffered with the url in front of me instead of completely missing it like prior ones. I actually got to add it in the cart. have to put in my password and get denied.

eping

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eping

Nice orange cake shirt.

ozob

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ozob

all i see on that ustream site is a black rectangle and a little 'off air" sign in the lower right

Is the cake all gone? or is my work blocking the site?

BTW, I am not going to create an acct there to chat in the social stream
I have enough loggin/passwords to remember without setting up yet another account for the feds to track. And no I am not going to link it to a facebook page.

Woot, you guys/gals are ruining your fun cachet, remember KISS, keep it simple, silly, like the good old days.

nothing to see here, move along

jon98gn

ozob wrote:all i see on that ustream site is a black rectangle and a little 'off air" sign in the lower right

I have enough loggin/passwords to remember without setting up yet another account for the feds to track. And no I am not going to link it to a facebook page.

Woot, you guys/gals are ruining your fun cachet, remember KISS, keep it simple, silly, like the good old days.

You are like me. Work blocked the stream. I am watching it via my cellphone and Sprint LTE, but it's pretty horrible and laggy. I think Sprint finally throttled my connection because I can't get one second without it buffering for 2 minutes.

Moueska

ozob wrote:all i see on that ustream site is a black rectangle and a little 'off air" sign in the lower right

I used my Twitter account, m'self.

jon98gn

Moueska wrote:I used my Twitter account, m'self.

i tried twitter and facebook.. work blocked those

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

This is about as cool as following the lichme vs. conanthelibrarian fight to get to 1000 quality posts!

By which I mean, not at all.

------------------
I Bet on Sky

ozob

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ozob
jon98gn wrote:i tried twitter and facebook.. work blocked those

i wonder if that ustream site maxes out at 400 viewers per channel?

I also wonder if amazon is forcing this whole thing on woot

nothing to see here, move along

mossygreen

quality posts: 71 Private Messages mossygreen
ckoobs wrote:I had logged in 3 hours ago! That is why I am so mad. I took the necessary precautions.

You need to make sure you're still logged in every half-hour or so, I think. Haven't quite figured out the timing, but 3 hours is too long.

qwertyasd

Missed the facebook one too. I give up.

mariod

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mariod
qwertyasd wrote:Missed the facebook one too. I give up.

Got denied as well. I can't get over how quickly these are selling out. I clicked on the like asap & still couldn't get it. I'm curious to see how many per batch were given out.

cannedpoo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cannedpoo

Happy Birthin' Day WOOT, now where the hell is my box of cake?

CyberWoolf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CyberWoolf

I like the fact you can get one all day. It saves from being sold out in a minute only once a day and cut out the auto buy from bots.

It was fun, just like the last one, entering the last bit of numbers to the woot url.

CatCK

quality posts: 50 Private Messages CatCK

WOOHOO.... after hanging around here all day, I finally won one!

YES! I'm looking forward to it's awesome crappyness.

kevinwangjiakan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevinwangjiakan

2nd one in!

jon98gn

*sigh* debating if I should just go home now in defeat or if I should attempt one more shot.

CatCK

quality posts: 50 Private Messages CatCK
jon98gn wrote:*sigh* debating if I should just go home now in defeat or if I should attempt one more shot.

Might be 2 more chances, if people change every 15 minutes and each person presents a link. Good luck. Took me all day!

jon98gn

CatCK wrote:Might be 2 more chances, if people change every 15 minutes and each person presents a link. Good luck. Took me all day!

I've been trying all day. The problem is uStream is blocked at work. I work until well I'm off now. But I can't get to the stream unless I'm using my cell phone which of course is horribly buffered over LTE. plus trying to type it in while doing both is impossible. So i'm basically screwed.

jon98gn

Stayed as long as I could. Good luck all that is left.

vickiebdesign

quality posts: 2 Private Messages vickiebdesign

are you taking the cow to chickfil a for a free sandwich today its cow appreciation day

dernst_ca1

quality posts: 37 Private Messages dernst_ca1

well there is 8 hours of my life Ill never get back... dang Ustream fail

-JMHSRV

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

qwertyasd

They say smoking one cigarette takes ten minutes off your life. If I had known, I would have opted for smoking two packs rather than watch the ustream feed.

hot72chev

quality posts: 11 Private Messages hot72chev

Serving up a big ol' plate of FRUSTRATION . . . I'll NEVER get a Box of Cats! I'm taking my toys and going home!

ilianna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ilianna

The stream quality was so poor I could not read the links. But oh well.

jsh139

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jsh139

Good job, Woot Gods. Another fun Bricks of Chocolate adventure!

Insert signature here.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3284 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Last Bricks of Chocolate added to cart but sold out before I could get to payment. I haz sad

annwat

quality posts: 5 Private Messages annwat

i was unlucky many times today but i enjoyed the "chase" and especially enjoyed seeing woot staff people and having them interact with us woot nerds.

stryper2000

quality posts: 27 Private Messages stryper2000

I was kinda hoping for a "Wait, here is a link for 50 more" like they have been doing on the last bunch of things

The Craphound of Woot

Antagonist of Sellbuyer92 , I sniped his Basket Of Checkers

x36

jon98gn

I lost at least my friend got one. I get to go home one hour later too.

awgPablo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages awgPablo

That was fun, Woot staff. You guys were fun to hang out with for the day.

Cheers!

My new signature... now absent of a link to my website. Oops.

Moueska

stryper2000 wrote:I was kinda hoping for a "Wait, here is a link for 50 more" like they have been doing on the last bunch of things

/crosses fingers

After all, I did hang out as long as I could get away with...

jon98gn

dernst_ca1 wrote:well there is 8 hours of my life Ill never get back... dang Ustream fail

I Went wall to wall also. Skipped lunch break. Skipped yoga. I think the stream was too much for LTE to handle so I buffered behind everyone else.

mossygreen

quality posts: 71 Private Messages mossygreen

Well, I had a good time. I watched four and a half hours of people eating cake, was able to purchase a Bounty of Candy thanks to Sean and his swoopy bangs posting a link in ustream comments (thank you! I will always spell your name correctly and try to think of a pun on something one day), then spent another two hours watching people eat cake before I went to the grocery store. All this, while out of town and monitoring two tablets signed into the neighbor's wifi. Best vacation ever? No, because I did not ride in a hot air balloon. But a fine way to celebrate woot's birthday! Looking forward to next year, although I assume it will be lower-key because it's over the weekend.