manhandsha

quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

mossygreen wrote:Well, I had a good time. I watched four and a half hours of people eating cake, was able to purchase a Bounty of Candy thanks to Sean and his swoopy bangs posting a link in ustream comments (thank you! I will always spell your name correctly and try to think of a pun on something one day), then spent another two hours watching people eat cake before I went to the grocery store. All this, while out of town and monitoring two tablets signed into the neighbor's wifi. Best vacation ever? No, because I did not ride in a hot air balloon. But a fine way to celebrate woot's birthday! Looking forward to next year, although I assume it will be lower-key because it's over the weekend.

Sean's bangs are swoopy, aren't they? :D

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

draigun

quality posts: 22 Private Messages draigun
manhandsha wrote:Sean's bangs are swoopy, aren't they? :D

But I think I still don't understand. Is it Shawn, Shaun, or..?

dernst_ca1

quality posts: 37 Private Messages dernst_ca1
mossygreen wrote:Well, I had a good time. I watched four and a half hours of people eating cake, was able to purchase a Bounty of Candy thanks to Sean and his swoopy bangs posting a link in ustream comments (thank you! I will always spell your name correctly and try to think of a pun on something one day), then spent another two hours watching people eat cake before I went to the grocery store. All this, while out of town and monitoring two tablets signed into the neighbor's wifi. Best vacation ever? No, because I did not ride in a hot air balloon. But a fine way to celebrate woot's birthday! Looking forward to next year, although I assume it will be lower-key because it's over the weekend.

I watched every single second from start to finish.. it was pretty fun but highly frustrating due to the lag I never got the url in time.. oh well

-JMHSRV

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

thumperchick

quality posts: 236 Private Messages thumperchick
draigun wrote:But I think I still don't understand. Is it Shawn, Shaun, or..?

He might have said it was Sean, with an S-E-A-N - but only once.

jon98gn

quality posts: 21 Private Messages jon98gn

Wait there was one posted in the comments. Man I asked them to post into the comments and I never saw it. sad days sad days indeed. I watched every minute possible except when I was basically lagged out or booted off.

Merlin330

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Merlin330

Massive fail on getting a Bricks of Chocolate but it doesn't matter: Happy 9th Birthday, Woot!

A number of Woots, a few Random Bags of Crap. Life is good!

jimgraffam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimgraffam

Do we know how many total baggies were sold?

LarryLars

quality posts: 65 Private Messages LarryLars

Geez, late to the party again!!!!
Anyway, Happy 9th Woot!

!

Have you checked your Private Messages lately?

mossygreen

quality posts: 71 Private Messages mossygreen
manhandsha wrote:Sean's bangs are swoopy, aren't they? :D

He could be an '80's skater with them.

karutao

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karutao
jimgraffam wrote:Do we know how many total baggies were sold?

This would be kind of interesting to know.

dernst_ca1

quality posts: 37 Private Messages dernst_ca1
karutao wrote:This would be kind of interesting to know.

ten per offering and at least a dozen offerings

-JMHSRV

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

appledude9

quality posts: 1 Private Messages appledude9
dernst_ca1 wrote:ten per offering and at least a dozen offerings

I wonder if this is indeed accurate. I know they used to sell 2500 Bricks of Chocolate per "event", could this really be 10 times less? If so, I wonder if the crap is less crappy haha. One can hope!

jsh139

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jsh139

I think it's safe to move on the "Phase 2" of the Bounty of Candy buying experience.

So............. When does everyone think these will ship? Monday?

Insert signature here.

bsmith1

quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1

I had fun. I was able to score a bag while also participating in a web conference. 2 video streams and 2 audio tracks going. That was interesting. Multitasking at its finest!

manhandsha

Staff

bsmith1 wrote:I had fun. I was able to score a bag while also participating in a web conference. 2 video streams and 2 audio tracks going. That was interesting. Multitasking at its finest!

Glad you had fun; we had fun too! :D

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

mossygreen

quality posts: 71 Private Messages mossygreen
dernst_ca1 wrote:I watched every single second from start to finish.. it was pretty fun but highly frustrating due to the lag I never got the url in time.. oh well

Did anything exciting happen at the end? My math was wrong, I think I stopped watching a little before 4:30, and I had a fleeting concern that I was going to miss some fabulous finishing event.

mdrcoast

quality posts: 11 Private Messages mdrcoast

It was nice seeing real people that are behind the site. Next time I complain, I will think of the nice people I was able to see eat cake instead of some nameless Amazon drones. I will still complain, but now it will be at these nice people.

Happy Birthday. Thanks for the party.

CatCK

quality posts: 50 Private Messages CatCK

That was fun. I'm glad I had a light work day so that I could spend the day with you guys eating cake. Once again, Happy Birthday to Woot.

Though, I had to listen to some heavy rock & roll to get that danged song out of my head!

Other than PemberDucky, did we see any of the other mods eating cake?

manhandsha

Staff

CatCK wrote:That was fun. I'm glad I had a light work day so that I could spend the day with you guys eating cake. Once again, Happy Birthday to Woot.

Though, I had to listen to some heavy rock & roll to get that danged song out of my head!

Other than PemberDucky, did we see any of the other mods eating cake?

Rogetray, Gatzby and I were on as well.

CatCK

manhandsha wrote:Rogetray, Gatzby and I were on as well.

Really? Describe yourselves so we know which were you.

manhandsha

Staff

CatCK wrote:Really? Describe yourselves so we know which were you.

Well.... OK. Gatzby was the one who wiped the gnome's face while he was eating cake. Rogetray tried to pull off an Italian man at the dentist impression. I tried to get my dog to sit in a chair, and we all saw how that didn't work out!

jon98gn

quality posts: 21 Private Messages jon98gn

and Pemducky was the one who performed teen angst.

DeviantDragon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DeviantDragon

So is this going to be the Bricks of Chocolate discussion thread for the birthday Bricks of Chocolate?

zolttt

quality posts: 11 Private Messages zolttt
DeviantDragon wrote:So is this going to be the Bricks of Chocolate discussion thread for the birthday Bricks of Chocolate?

THis is where I am going for updates, so I assume so.

No tracking, or track by reference yet

CatCK

zolttt wrote:THis is where I am going for updates, so I assume so.

No tracking, or track by reference yet

Where would we find our tracking number?

lichme

quality posts: 2734 Private Messages lichme
CatCK wrote:Where would we find our tracking number?

Generally it would be under your "Stuff you bought" tab, or emailed to you. For the impatient, sometimes you can put your order number into the fedex "Track By reference" form and find your tracking before woot posts it.

gottaturnupthesound

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gottaturnupthesound

Staff

This is what happened when the leftover cake was set out in the break room. I guess someone heard that Andrew used one of the knives.

lichme

quality posts: 2734 Private Messages lichme

Coming in at an even 5 Lbs
18x12x12 in
Estimated Delivery Friday

bsmith1

quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1

5lbs even for me too.
13x10x8 in

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

CatCK wrote:Really? Describe yourselves so we know which were you.

I was the one shoving both flavors of cake in my mouth and also wearing Jason Toon's glasses.

I also tried to do an "Italian at the Dentist" impersonation...very poorly I might add

thumperchick

quality posts: 236 Private Messages thumperchick

wuzup1998

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wuzup1998

Dimensions and weight of mine are showing as 17x12x12 9.1 pounds.

gti87

quality posts: 4 Private Messages gti87

14x10x8. 4.2 pounds

CyberWoolf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CyberWoolf

Woot! Woot! Got my tracking too!

Arriving outside Buffalo, NY - ETA is 7/23.

4.5 lbs - 13.7 in. x 10.2 in. x 8.6 in.

Also, thank you Wil Wheaton guy, twas your crap I got through.

CyberWoolf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CyberWoolf
ROGETRAY wrote:I was the one shoving both flavors of cake in my mouth and also wearing Jason Toon's glasses.

I also tried to do an "Italian at the Dentist" impersonation...very poorly I might add

You were awesome :-D

bmxjimp

quality posts: 38 Private Messages bmxjimp

13x10x8 in. and 5.2 lbs. Maybe I'm getting a real box of cake?

My username didn't change to jimp for my birthday, but I understand. Thanks, we're good!

jsh139

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jsh139

3.1 lbs and 6.3 lbs.

Hope they come before Saturday. Excited!

Insert signature here.

forrman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages forrman

14x10x8 in. 4.9lb
Sheet cake?

meganmarie05

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meganmarie05

18x12x12 8.4lbs
estimated arrival 7/18!
Can't wait for my first Bricks of Chocolate!!!

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

CyberWoolf wrote:You were awesome :-D