Some excellent reviews from Walmart

lichme

quality posts: 2680 Private Messages lichme

Item: Hisense 46" 1080p LED HDTV
Price: $299.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: Refurbished

Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
6/8/2013 - $379.99 - 18 comment(s)
1/5/2013 - $299.99-379.99 - 61 comment(s)

6/24/2013 - $330.00 (Woot Plus)
3/4/2013 - $380.00 (Woot Plus)
1/14/2013 - $380.00 (Woot Plus)

bikerguy7

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bikerguy7

Here's the manufacturer's page for some more info.

http://hisense-usa.com/tvs/K20/46/80

gwk1967

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gwk1967

You forgot experts in the field of Hyacinths. Not much overlap between botany and electronics...

MichXelle

quality posts: 37 Private Messages MichXelle

This is amazing VALUE!

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

redspecial

quality posts: 5 Private Messages redspecial

This is not the Hisense I was looking for. Move along.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3142 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Check out this warning from an unhappy customer

paulpnevada

quality posts: 26 Private Messages paulpnevada

I must have missed the birthday party - Happy Birthday, Woot!

bestsportnascar

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bestsportnascar

I knew I had seen that Lichme name before when in the ustream chat. Always comments first with good information. I was thinking it was a staff member.

grammarthief

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grammarthief

I'm tempted. I'll think about it. I've still got an old school clunky box tv and kind of think it's time to replace it. Refurbished always makes me skiddish because I have terrible luck.

Anybody buy this the last time? Any issues or is it awesome?

seulater

quality posts: 1 Private Messages seulater

All lcd tv's with a refresh rate of 60hz should be banned.
120hz should be new norm. watching fast action video with 60hz is terrible.

fredyk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fredyk

I'm lusting after a Smart TV, and after five years, there'll be something else new that is needed.

mevande

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mevande
conanthelibrarian wrote:Check out this warning from an unhappy customer

Defective unit. All manufacturers have them.

gljin40517

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gljin40517

This is almost assuredly a conflict with your cable company and NOT the fault of the tv

asjxvii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages asjxvii

Hisense is not a good brand. I've had one before and had very bad experience with it's quality and build. Do not buy. There's a reason it's cheap.

scottydl

quality posts: 5 Private Messages scottydl
asjxvii wrote:Hisense is not a good brand. I've had one before and had very bad experience with it's quality and build. Do not buy. There's a reason it's cheap.

I've wondered these same things. The name just SOUNDS cheap... along the lines of Insignia.

Hisense has become quite popular so I was holding out hope that they might be the new Vizio, which also sounded weird when they first came out. Difference being that my refurb Vizio 38" LCD is still going strong after 4-5 years, and Hisense has no track record whatsoever.

DuzIt4You

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DuzIt4You
mevande wrote:Defective unit. All manufacturers have them.

Yes, although the support from these folks is marginal. We have an issue with one we bought in December (42") that has developed a line in the picture. I conacted support, and they said I had to send it back to them, but they would pay shipping. We'd already recycled the box since it was past the 90 days for a store return, and found that it would cost more than $70 just for a box to ship it back. HiSense said they had no access to an empty box they could ship, and that we were SoL. If you make the decision to purchase one of these, save the box for the whole warranty period so you're not disappointed like we were.

jbills

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jbills

I've been nothing but happy with mine since buying about a year ago. Everything has worked flawlessly and it's a great picture. I do like the extra size but the only problem I've ran into vs a 42" is that it was really hard to find an armoire that fit this TV. we had to hold out for a while to find one big enough to fit a 46". not the worst problem to have...

theglassrat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages theglassrat
grammarthief wrote:I'm tempted. I'll think about it. I've still got an old school clunky box tv and kind of think it's time to replace it. Refurbished always makes me skiddish because I have terrible luck.

Anybody buy this the last time? Any issues or is it awesome?

Do NOT buy this. Mine arrived with all sorts of problems and many weeks later I'm still waiting on my refund. Stay far away from Hisense TVs. Two in a row from Woot ended up like this.

mkentosh

quality posts: 308 Private Messages mkentosh

Is that Art Garfunkel?

michael2255

quality posts: 5 Private Messages michael2255

I bought the 42" Hisense 9 months ago for $299 and it works great. It's on at least 8 hours per day in the lobby at my office.

michael2255

quality posts: 5 Private Messages michael2255

Mine came in a box that disintegrated upon delivery.

DuzIt4You wrote:Yes, although the support from these folks is marginal. We have an issue with one we bought in December (42") that has developed a line in the picture. I conacted support, and they said I had to send it back to them, but they would pay shipping. We'd already recycled the box since it was past the 90 days for a store return, and found that it would cost more than $70 just for a box to ship it back. HiSense said they had no access to an empty box they could ship, and that we were SoL. If you make the decision to purchase one of these, save the box for the whole warranty period so you're not disappointed like we were.

tdelly1989

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tdelly1989

Did some sleuthing and found a more detailed specs page on Hisense's international site here.
Here's the user manual.

And first sucker here.

mybestuser1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mybestuser1

I looked at Hisense TV's at walmart and the picture quality there was really bad on some of the sets. The tech that was in those sets was from at least 10 years ago, that is why I won't touch this deal or any deal involving Hisense.

Nothing is free but if you are lucky it can be inexpensive.

tdelly1989

mybestuser1 wrote:I looked at Hisense TV's at walmart and the picture quality there was really bad on some of the sets. The tech that was in those sets was from at least 10 years ago, that is why I won't touch this deal or any deal involving Hisense.

A video signal fed from a coaxial cable via a splitter usually doesn't result in stellar video quality. I don't think it's a priority for Walmart's clerks to deliver outstanding quality sample video over HDMI to their TVs. Honestly it's hard to mess up on picture quality with a digital signal, unless the brightness/contrast/tint/etc wasn't properly setup.

mybestuser1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mybestuser1
tdelly1989 wrote:A coaxial video signal fed from a splitter usually doesn't result in stellar video quality. I don't think it's a priority for Walmart's clerks to deliver outstanding quality sample video over HDMI to their TVs. Honestly it's hard to mess up picture quality on with digital signal, unless the brightness/contrast/tint/etc wasn't properly setup.

The picture that showed how bad the sets were was a night time scene with flames from a fire, all the other brand name sets showed it well but the Hisense sets could not show the flames edges properly. This was a problem with the cheapest digital/HD LCD TV sets when they originally came out a long time ago.

Nothing is free but if you are lucky it can be inexpensive.

scarfatty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scarfatty

any last comments before this expires? i'm so on the fence about this

tdelly1989

Got my TV today, the box used for shipping was intact. The included Phillips screws are fairly soft, easy to strip, so be careful. Everything works as advertised, I'm pretty satisfied with it.
Also make sure the volume is turned down before you use it, I was greeted with maximum volume when everything was set up.
Seems like after being refurbished, the previous owner's settings weren't cleared.

A+++++++++ Would Woot again

ealexand

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ealexand

Have had my TV almost a week. It's definitely not top of the line, but for $300 this was exactly what I was looking for. I like it a lot

Trandy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Trandy

Had my TV for about 3 weeks now. I watch Netflix maybe every other day, and just earlier while watching, the TV makes this loud popping sound. It sounded like someone was knocking pretty loudly on a door, so it was very startling. Next thing you know, the audio gives out and no sound is coming out for few minutes. Then, the audio comes back, but it's very tinny-sounding. The sound fades in and out many times before I just gave up and turned off the TV. Anyone else experienced this problem with this TV or another??

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Trandy wrote:Had my TV for about 3 weeks now. I watch Netflix maybe every other day, and just earlier while watching, the TV makes this loud popping sound. It sounded like someone was knocking pretty loudly on a door, so it was very startling. Next thing you know, the audio gives out and no sound is coming out for few minutes. Then, the audio comes back, but it's very tinny-sounding. The sound fades in and out many times before I just gave up and turned off the TV. Anyone else experienced this problem with this TV or another??

Sorry for the problems. If you can't figure it out, you have a 90-day Woot warranty. Email support@woot.com for assistance.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders