griff609

quality posts: 0 Private Messages griff609
efooter wrote:That's right, my macbook pro hasn't come out of the bag for more than a year. I'm still using my "garbage" windows computers.

The $1400 paperweight...

Sell it, then you can buy more "garbage" windows computers. Macs are like Harley Davidsons, nothing special about them but they sure do hold their value.

kevinwangjiakan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevinwangjiakan
gak0090 wrote:Since Google and Apple are so tight...right. I'm sure all those same Google employees have Iphones and Ipads too.

There is nothing magical about the hardware or software that Apple uses. If you prefer it fine. If the programs/apps you use tend to favor Apple OS- I can understand it. More programs, more options, more configurability is on the windows side. The durability is a moot point- even though my windows devices last 10+ years- who cares! With the rapid evolution of hardware and software - it's silly to invest that. For $1600- lets say I keep this Mac Book for 6 years. It's outdated in 3 years. The same investment gets you 2 windows laptops with similar specs- so you upgrade in 3 years. Not because you have to- but because you want to.

I don't hate Apple- I just hate the posers. Yeah- you know who you are.

You think we work at Google so we don't use products from our competitors? On my first day at my new job here I received my extremely "overpriced" Macbook Pro with Retina display. Google bought it for every engineer here, from its competitor! Yes, there are as many people use iPhone as Android phones here.

I have no idea what were you talking about in your second paragraph nor do I care. I was only talking about some professionals' computer choices.

Apple's products are about user experience. So if you have not owned one yourself, you are not qualified to comment on this. I own both Windows and Macs, and I use them for difference purposes.

gak0090

quality posts: 75 Private Messages gak0090
kevinwangjiakan wrote:You think we work at Google so we don't use products from our competitors? On my first day at my new job here I received my extremely "overpriced" Macbook Pro with Retina display. Google bought it for every engineer here, from its competitor! Yes, there are as many people use iPhone as Android phones here.

I have no idea what were you talking about in your second paragraph nor do I care. I was only talking about some professionals' computer choices.

Apple's products are about user experience. So if you have not owned one yourself, you are not qualified to comment on this. I own both Windows and Macs, and I use them for difference purposes.

I do own an Imac- if you look at some of my previous posts you'll see that I mentioned it before. It's a nice toy for me- but that's about it.

So you're an engineer from Google. Maybe you and the cafeteria worker from CERN can get together and compare your Macbooks over coffee sometime. You can talk about how the proletariat cretins still use windows.

manhandsha

quality posts: 31 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

Hey guys, can we please stay on topic? Haters gon' hate, but you can always start a new thread in Everything But Woot

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

kevinwangjiakan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevinwangjiakan
gak0090 wrote:I do own an Imac- if you look at some of my previous posts you'll see that I mentioned it before. It's a nice toy for me- but that's about it.

So you're an engineer from Google. Maybe you and the cafeteria worker from CERN can get together and compare your Macbooks over coffee sometime. You can talk about how the proletariat cretins still use windows.

Windows is great too. As I said I own and use both. I just don't hate.

thearcticcircle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thearcticcircle
michael2255 wrote:Attorneys use Macs. They use parallels or whatever to run the windows stuff. We also really don't care about HDMI out, Blu Ray and the hell if we are going to build our own PC to the exact specs we want. We word process, research, email, bill, use spreadsheets, and use calendaring. Yes, I could do that with a Pentium 2 but DDR3 Sims are easier to find than DDR.

Yeah, the OP of the post you're replying to clearly didn't do his homework. My MacBook has USB 3.0 and I have a cable I bought for the cost of any old HDMI cable that's Thunderbolt -> HDMI. I use it to hook my Mac up to my TV for playing games.

HokutoNoKen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HokutoNoKen

well i bought this woot...and got it today (wow fastest woot delivery ever!).
this is my first mac so im pretty excited considering it's the last MBP that is upgradable. i plug in the power and turn on the laptop...i am greeted to...a blank white screen.

checked online for solutions and tried, didnt work. called up apple and tried their solution...it improved i think...i went from a blank white screen to a blank gray screen (the gray background screen during setup). lol. what a joke. i was told to take it to an apple store for troubleshooting. i also contacted woot about my return options. this is not the best way to convert a windows user! lmao.

i wont give up yet but boy oh boy what a bad first impression.

Tibs066

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tibs066
HokutoNoKen wrote:well i bought this woot...and got it today (wow fastest woot delivery ever!).
this is my first mac so im pretty excited considering it's the last MBP that is upgradable. i plug in the power and turn on the laptop...i am greeted to...a blank white screen.

checked online for solutions and tried, didnt work. called up apple and tried their solution...it improved i think...i went from a blank white screen to a blank gray screen (the gray background screen during setup). lol. what a joke. i was told to take it to an apple store for troubleshooting. i also contacted woot about my return options. this is not the best way to convert a windows user! lmao.

i wont give up yet but boy oh boy what a bad first impression.

Where are you located that you already got yours?