WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Video Rodeo YeeeeeHaaaawwww!!

TVs don't just get to your house in a truck. A TVboy has to gather them from the wild TV range and herd them to the electronics market! Those TVboy's stay in shape by having themselves a video rodeo. YeeeeeHawww!

oddsbeater1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages oddsbeater1

I have heard they are truly great in all respects.........while they last. That's the prob. It appears many have totally conked out in less than a year. If you buy one get an extended warranty or plan to buy a new one annually!

I think, therefore.."I-M".

Snarf101

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Snarf101

The Sony KDL-40BX450 is $398 new at Walmart http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sony-40-1080p-60Hz-LCD-HDTV-KDL-40BX450/20554018

Mattc0m

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mattc0m

Any thoughts or reviews on the 50'' Toshiba?

titangears

quality posts: 9 Private Messages titangears
Mattc0m wrote:Any thoughts or reviews on the 50'' Toshiba?

60 Hz refresh rate

Addicted to cycling and gadgets..

titangears

quality posts: 9 Private Messages titangears

Vizio M420SL - from Consumer Reports:

"This 42-inch 1080p LCD TV from Vizio, the smaller sibling to the 47-inch set also in our Ratings, delivers very good high-definition picture quality, very good sound, and like many other Vizio sets we've tested, a wide viewing angle for an LCD TV. The TV has an edge LED backlight, but as with many 60Hz sets there was significant blurring on our motion tests. This model has Vizio's VIA Internet platform, with built-in Wi-Fi and access to online content, including streaming movies and TV shows from Amazon, Hulu Plus, Netflix, and Vudu, plus Vizio apps. The TV comes with a dual-sided remote with a full QWERTY keyboard on one side."

Addicted to cycling and gadgets..

stv6669

quality posts: 6 Private Messages stv6669

They're all 60hz refresh rate TVs. Don't believe the "120hz SRS" or "240hz SRS" crap. It's been shown many times in the past that the actual tuner in the TV that handles the refresh rate is the same on the 60hz as it in in the 120 and 240 models. It is just different firmware to add fake frames in between frames to give the appearance of having a higher refresh rate.

These are not true 120hz or 240hz TVs, thus why they are $10 per 1" and not $15 or $20 per 1".

These refrubished prices are too close to competitor TVs brand new prices for the same quality.

davebach

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davebach

Does anyone have any information on the cabinet that TV is sitting on? I'm digging the silver trim and knobs. Just what I am looking for.

cam1d2e3n4

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cam1d2e3n4

There is a significant hardware difference between a true 240 Hz refresh rate TV and a 240 “SPS” model that goes far beyond what the identical numbers imply. For example, a 240 SPS television likely has a 120 Hz refresh, but adds a “black frame insertion” feature that flashes the backlight in a way to justify calling the TV “240"... Vizio has begun to state on its boxes a number followed by SPS (Scenes Per Second). Nowhere on the box does it state a 240 SPS TV has a native refresh rate of 120 Hz

camden