cycokiller

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cycokiller
odinswalkyrie wrote:Woot-Lib!: [Mugshot] Friday

Remember: "posted in the comment thread FOR THAT PRODUCT"

They won't see your answers if you post them in here..

4F682120446F6E277420746F756368206D652074686572652100

bigdogrmf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigdogrmf

Woot-Lib!: [Elective Exploratory Surgery] Friday

Will Work for Woot!

bigdogrmf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigdogrmf

Woot-Lib!: [peachy keen neat-o] Saturday

Will Work for Woot!

thumperchick

quality posts: 236 Private Messages thumperchick
bigdogrmf wrote:Woot-Lib!: [peachy keen neat-o] Saturday

Go answer in the product thread, please. Any answers here will NOT be chosen.

thecooley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thecooley
The first appropriate part of speech posted in the comment thread FOR THAT PRODUCT will be selected.

Does "appropriate" refer to the first posting that satisfies the part of speech, or does the part of speech also have to be appropriate to the product at hand?

For example, let's imagine a Leak Frog discussion which requires adjectives. Of the following list (in post order):

1. purple
  2. smelly
  3. loud

...purple is the first adjective, but loud would be appropriate to the item at hand. Which would be chosen?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Just a reminder that we're looking in the product threads for your answers. Our list is organized by the product names so we don't have any idea what you're answering if you post here.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

thecooley wrote:Does "appropriate" refer to the first posting that satisfies the part of speech, or does the part of speech also have to be appropriate to the product at hand?

For example, let's imagine a Leak Frog discussion which requires adjectives. Of the following list (in post order):

1. purple
  2. smelly
  3. loud

...purple is the first adjective, but loud would be appropriate to the item at hand. Which would be chosen?

Nothing so complicated. We pick the first one that we like while trying to pick different people as well.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mibutterflywingz

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mibutterflywingz

How often does the list of winners get updated?

mibutterflywingz

ThunderThighs wrote:Nothing so complicated. We pick the first one that we like while trying to pick different people as well.

So how often can a person get picked? The rules need to be a little more clear on how the winner gets picked and how often a person can be picked. I've seen the list and someone was picked 3 times. If a person wins for one item, how do staff measure when the person can be picked again?

thecooley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thecooley
ThunderThighs wrote:Nothing so complicated. We pick the first one that we like while trying to pick different people as well.

Okie dokie. Sorry to make it complicated; now I can put my thinking cap on straight.

theroseknows

quality posts: 1 Private Messages theroseknows

I have to agree with the others who say that having the product discussion threads get bogged down with these posts is a bad idea. Even if it is a Woot-off, legitimate customer questions (i.e. Is this the same piece of crap model they offered before, or is this the really good one?) need to be answered and answered more quickly than usual if you want people to buy.

As it is, it is a borederline stupid idea to begin with. Adding poorly thought out implementation to the mix is only making it worse.

mibutterflywingz

theroseknows wrote:I have to agree with the others who say that having the product discussion threads get bogged down with these posts is a bad idea. Even if it is a Woot-off, legitimate customer questions (i.e. Is this the same piece of crap model they offered before, or is this the really good one?) need to be answered and answered more quickly than usual if you want people to buy.

As it is, it is a borederline stupid idea to begin with. Adding poorly thought out implementation to the mix is only making it worse.

I partially agree. It'd be nice if they could've put up two boards or something then there would still be customer feedback.

However, out of most contests for Bricks of Chocolate (even though that's not what this is for) or some of the other games Woot! has had in the past 2 years or so, I find this one the most fun!

However I wish that the rules were more clear and that there was some sort of method for how and/or when winners could win again (assuming they met all the qualifications).

cycokiller

Um, woot! pretty much owns the site (yeah yeah, I know about amazon and all that), and as such, they can really do whatever they want.

Funny how last time I played one of these, they were trying to keep people out of the product discussions and all in one thread. Seems folks couldn't figure it out then either.

As for picking the same people, that was addressed yesterday. They said if you just happen to be super-awesome, you could get picked more than once.

;P

mibutterflywingz

cycokiller wrote:Um, woot! pretty much owns the site (yeah yeah, I know about amazon and all that), and as such, they can really do whatever they want.

Funny how last time I played one of these, they were trying to keep people out of the product discussions and all in one thread. Seems folks couldn't figure it out then either.

As for picking the same people, that was addressed yesterday. They said if you just happen to be super-awesome, you could get picked more than once.

;P

Not exactly a system :-p

cycokiller

Hey, what was the "defunct website" that got chosen? I've looked over the spreadsheet a few times and I'm not seeing it. Am I just getting old or what?

mibutterflywingz

cycokiller wrote:Hey, what was the "defunct website" that got chosen? I've looked over the spreadsheet a few times and I'm not seeing it. Am I just getting old or what?

Friendster

mibutterflywingz

I know we are nearing the end, but can people enter more than one answer?

mibutterflywingz

20% off "all" shirts. What a bunch of hooey!

dernst_ca1

quality posts: 37 Private Messages dernst_ca1
mibutterflywingz wrote:20% off "all" shirts. What a bunch of hooey!

Hey now.. today is shirt.woot's bday..

-JMHSRV

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

cycokiller

Whoa, what happened to the spreadsheet?? My entries are all messed up... and probably others' as well.

cycokiller

cycokiller wrote:Whoa, what happened to the spreadsheet?? My entries are all messed up... and probably others' as well.

Yeah, I found one of my other ones on there by another wooter's name. But one of mine isn't even on there at all any more. I know what they all were if it helps.

cycokiller

Well, I need to get some work done for a bit. But in case anyone is interested in fixing the spreadsheet, here are my winners that got messed up:

First One
Second One
Third One

The "hurricane" that's by my name was actually not me, it looks like it was lichme that got that one here

Anyway, I'll be back, just have to focus on some code for a bit so I can get something at work done today ;)

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

cycokiller wrote:Well, I need to get some work done for a bit. But in case anyone is interested in fixing the spreadsheet, here are my winners that got messed up:

First One
Second One
Third One

The "hurricane" that's by my name was actually not me, it looks like it was lichme that got that one here

Anyway, I'll be back, just have to focus on some code for a bit so I can get something at work done today ;)

Looks to be corrected now. Thanks for providing the links to help us find the mistakes :D

cycokiller

ROGETRAY wrote:Looks to be corrected now. Thanks for providing the links to help us find the mistakes :D

Thanks! You still have me listed with 'hurricane' instead of 'square dance'... but I'm not complaining! You're awesome!

mibutterflywingz

I've got 4 so far! Yahoooooo!

cycokiller

mibutterflywingz wrote:I've got 4 so far! Yahoooooo!

I was noticing.. nice job!

mossygreen

quality posts: 71 Private Messages mossygreen

Did they pick an epic poem? I didn't see one in the list, but it's a [b]long[/] list and I might have missed it.

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

Best Woot-off ever? No, [MOST EPIC] wOOt-[on] [IN THE HISTORY OF TIME ITSELF]

strikerliker

quality posts: 7 Private Messages strikerliker
bikerguy7 wrote:I really, really, really, wish there was a separate thread for these. I understand the idea behind it but every single product discussion is seriously bogged down with this crap.
You took a perfectly good Woot-Off and made it convoluted and full of spam.

I couldn't agree more. I rely a lot on the product comments before I decide to purchase or not. When I went to the discussion page and saw it littered with single word submissions, I just closed the Woot page and went on to better things.

bdsmonkey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdsmonkey

I was picked but am not on the spreadsheet. Stranger still, the word that appears to be in it's place was not a posted answer! Thread here: http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5501044

It was negative emotion, I was the first reply with "jealousy"and woot staff member ROGETRAY seems to have confirmed my word as "chosen" with his post stating my name and word, along with the video for gin blossoms' jealousy!

dernst_ca1

quality posts: 37 Private Messages dernst_ca1

Cool I see my word(s) in the saturday write up

-JMHSRV

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

skemmis

quality posts: 13 Private Messages skemmis

Staff

bdsmonkey wrote:I was picked but am not on the spreadsheet. Stranger still, the word that appears to be in it's place was not a posted answer! Thread here: http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5501044

It was negative emotion, I was the first reply with "jealousy"and woot staff member ROGETRAY seems to have confirmed my word as "chosen" with his post stating my name and word, along with the video for gin blossoms' jealousy!

Sorry about that -- looks like you got bumped to Monday. Fear not!

ROGETRAY

Staff

bdsmonkey wrote:I was picked but am not on the spreadsheet. Stranger still, the word that appears to be in it's place was not a posted answer! Thread here: http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5501044

Sorry about that bdsmonkey! It was an awesome Mad-Lib choice that I replied with a sweet, sweet Gin Blossoms video.

Luckily skemmis corrected it.

Thanks again!

wilcononomous

quality posts: 20 Private Messages wilcononomous
ROGETRAY wrote:Sorry about that bdsmonkey! It was an awesome Mad-Lib choice that I replied with a sweet, sweet Gin Blossoms video.

Luckily skemmis corrected it.

Thanks again!

Did I get bumped as well?
(edit) I read further up and see there was a spreadsheet error. No worries, I'll live.

bdsmonkey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdsmonkey

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! I made it! I saw it! Now I don't need to be jealous of anyone!

ROGETRAY

Staff

wilcononomous wrote:Did I get bumped as well?
(edit) I read further up and see there was a spreadsheet error. No worries, I'll live.

Yeah the spreadsheet was wonky. It mixed up a couple of entries.

We will see how we can correct this "wilcononomous submission omission"...

hot72chev

quality posts: 11 Private Messages hot72chev

My word made it into Monday's Woot-Lib (pummel)! I am so surprised (I was not keeping up with the spreadsheet) and excited. I finally did something RIGHT on Woot! This was fun, let's do it again. I am still, however, Bundle of Carpet-less. SIGH.