WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Baseball Stadium UltraMurals

Baseball isn't like other games. There's no clock. It's played in a park -- not a stadium or arena. Baseball managers wear the team uniform. It's a silly, provincial game, and those who love it wouldn't want it any other way. 
UltraMurals official site

Quality Posts

bacalum

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bacalum

1) There are at least two stadium clocks - one showing the time of day, and one showing the duration of the game. There's just no countdown clock because there's no game time limit.

2) Many baseball managers used to wear standard business suits. Some managers were player-managers, so had to wear uniforms. It took decades before all managers wore uniforms.

3) The product is a great idea for fans, but the Dodger Stadium photo is not a good shot. At least it shows the stadium before Frank McCourt finished turning what had been the most beautiful stadium in the majors, as chosen by the players, into one of the ugliest.

4) One last nit to pick - you never heard of Dodger Stadium or Yankee Stadium or any of the other baseball stadiums?

When rich or powerful people propose a change, it is designed to make them richer or more powerful.

chriskev

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chriskev

There is no "Green Monsta" in the "Green Monster" mural.

arrScott

quality posts: 4 Private Messages arrScott

On the off chance the manufacturer is paying attention here: I would get either the Nationals Park or the Target Field murals in a heartbeat, if and only if either was taken during game play. Instead, the Minnesota picture shows the grounds crew running machines over the infield, and the Washington picture shows a visiting team (the Brewers?) warming up an hour before a game.

tcjoyce

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tcjoyce

Those appear to be terrible stock images. The actual product photos are probably the ones found here:

http://www.ultramurals.com/category/Sports-Stadiums

Edited: I take that back, the Nationals one is the same image. I'm a Mets fan and noticed the Citi Field one was different, so thought they all were.

bikerguy7

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bikerguy7

I'm not sure why, but at quick glance most of these seem to be terrible angles of the stadiums. Maybe they were trying to switch it up from the traditional view from high above home plate looking out, but I have to pass on this.

ophmarketing

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ophmarketing
bikerguy7 wrote:I'm not sure why, but at quick glance most of these seem to be terrible angles of the stadiums. Maybe they were trying to switch it up from the traditional view from high above home plate looking out, but I have to pass on this.

Agreed. Why would you take a panoramic shot of Wrigley Field from so far back under the overhang? A good third of the picture is the backs of people heads in shadows. There are many beautiful pictures of America's ballparks. These aren't them.

Scooter32401

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Scooter32401

These are $94 for a 48"x16". Their website shows $80 for 48"x20". I must be missing something.

bpulcini

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bpulcini

The price online is more expensive. It adds $80 to the base price for the 40x20, so the total cost is $150. You need to pay attention to the price at in the top right corner of the screen when selecting the size on their website. So this is actually a deal.

funkyredrum

quality posts: 0 Private Messages funkyredrum

Long time Cardinals fan..... I would never hang a picture of the grounds crew on my wall. If you can't do it during regulation play, then at least do it when it is empty. I currently have a $5 poster on my cubicle wall that is a gazillion times better than this one.

LordBling

quality posts: 4 Private Messages LordBling

No Wrigley? No Money.

msklzannie

quality posts: 4 Private Messages msklzannie
LordBling wrote:No Wrigley? No Money.

Um... http://www.woot.com/offers/wrigley-field-home-of-the-chicago-cubs-1

Total woot orders: 189
Bag o.f Crap: 12/25/2010, 1/25/2011, 6/15/2011, 11/9/2011, 12/25/2011, 3/22/3012, 4/26/2012

tripp123

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tripp123
chriskev wrote:There is no "Green Monsta" in the "Green Monster" mural.

If you look at the full mural it's there out in left field where it always is; just missing its left most side.

Mad Dog Mcgillicutty

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Mad Dog Mcgillicutty

No Great American Ballpark? You couldn't find someone with an iPhone on panoramic in Cincinnati?

Boooo.

Wooty woot!

aeriesstars

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aeriesstars

I was thinking about getting the Mets one for my nephew, till I noticed that the Marlins are on the big screens. Stupid move.

bikerguy7

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bikerguy7

I think the consensus here is that these are downright awful prints. These may have been taken by "photographers" but they didn't have baseball fans in mind.

edensker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages edensker
Mad Dog Mcgillicutty wrote:No Great American Ballpark? You couldn't find someone with an iPhone on panoramic in Cincinnati?

Boooo.

I counted 29 options, but no Great American Ballpark. Hmmph.

mkentosh

quality posts: 309 Private Messages mkentosh

OK, so I'm all set to buy the Citi Field one for the Mets and there is a Florida Marlins player on the Jumbo Tron. You couldn't Photo shop a Mets player on to that?

missles9

quality posts: 1 Private Messages missles9

Agreed on the images. Of all the photos that could be used, the groundscrew? With the stands half full? Why would anyone pay these kind of prices for a print of someone watering down the dirt?

RocRizzo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RocRizzo

Wouldn't it be nice if they had a mural of the *ORIGINAL* Yankee Stadium. The one that many of us went to when we were kids in the 50s and 60s?

Something about the "new" Yankee Stadium just doesn't rub right with me.

"Understanding is a three-edged sword."

mattultramurals

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mattultramurals

Hi I am Matt with UltraMurals, we have to make a call on certain images for the sale and we select what we have found to be the most popular in the past. That may not be ideal for every fan they may want something different from the shot but we tried to choose a popular image for each stadium.

mattultramurals

I believe the price you were looking at is for the peel n' stick wall mural option which is a different product.

Scooter32401 wrote:These are $94 for a 48"x16". Their website shows $80 for 48"x20". I must be missing something.

georgey8012

quality posts: 0 Private Messages georgey8012

They have 29 of the 30 stadiums(I didn't double check for repeats, but I did count!), and they leave out Cincinnati's GABP? Curious decision.

bbicknell01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bbicknell01
edensker wrote:I counted 29 options, but no Great American Ballpark. Hmmph.

3 in Boston. Only 3 teams not represented are Redlegs, Marlins and Blue Jays. Its not like we were the first professional team or anything...

koebel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages koebel
mattultramurals wrote:Hi I am Matt with UltraMurals, we have to make a call on certain images for the sale and we select what we have found to be the most popular in the past. That may not be ideal for every fan they may want something different from the shot but we tried to choose a popular image for each stadium.

Honestly, I would not admit that. The pictures do not capture the ambiance of the stadiums or capture the magic of attending a ball game in any the parks.

ajenkins13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ajenkins13

The Camden yards mural is a different image than the one one the ultra murals website, I guess you're getting the one on here?

mattultramurals

ajenkins13 wrote:The Camden yards mural is a different image than the one one the ultra murals website, I guess you're getting the one on here?

There are two options on the UltraMurals website for Camden yards, the one pictured here (http://www.woot.com/offers/camden-yards-home-of-the-orioles-1) is the one available through this Woot! offering.

jorfrost

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jorfrost
mattultramurals wrote:Hi I am Matt with UltraMurals, we have to make a call on certain images for the sale and we select what we have found to be the most popular in the past. That may not be ideal for every fan they may want something different from the shot but we tried to choose a popular image for each stadium.

What the??? How does your picture of Chase Field not even show the roof? or an angle that spotlights the outfield swimming pool? No...instead it's a picture highlighting a guys arm taking a cell phone picture...

Great work...was so ready to jump on one until I looked at the Dbacks.

eamoe11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eamoe11

No Great American Ballpark?! No love for us Cincinnati Reds fans

mattultramurals

eamoe11 wrote:No Great American Ballpark?! No love for us Cincinnati Reds fans

We're sorry! The Great American Ballpark images in our collection did not fit for this option (48"x16"). On behalf of UltraMurals I apologize to all the Reds and Blue Jays fans. And the Marlins fans that may or may not be out there.

reyanthony

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reyanthony
RocRizzo wrote:Wouldn't it be nice if they had a mural of the *ORIGINAL* Yankee Stadium. The one that many of us went to when we were kids in the 50s and 60s?

Something about the "new" Yankee Stadium just doesn't rub right with me.

Agreed! The new "Yankee" stadium simply isn't Yankee stadium to me. And I went to games in the 80's, 90's and early aughts.

ktrenholm

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ktrenholm

People are giving the photos a good bit a grief (and rightfully so for a few of them), but I grabbed the Fenway Park Green Monster print last time these went up and it looks very nice.
Although for a photo titled "green monster" it only contains about half of the actual green monster.

Regardless, it looks awesome on the wall next to my desk. Baseball is an extremely aesthetically pleasing sport and most of these look to be pretty good. I almost want to pick up the PNC park one. One of the nicest looking parks in the game right now IMO.

cjenkinson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cjenkinson
mattultramurals wrote:We're sorry! The Great American Ballpark images in our collection did not fit for this option (48"x16"). On behalf of UltraMurals I apologize to all the Reds and Blue Jays fans. And the Marlins fans that may or may not be out there.

Is there a GABP version coming soon that might be in a future Woot sale?

mattultramurals

cjenkinson wrote:Is there a GABP version coming soon that might be in a future Woot sale?

Considering the interest we have seen if we run this sale again I will make sure that we find an image for the Great American Ballpark. Sorry to disappoint, we were bummed when we couldn't find one in time for this sale.

cjenkinson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cjenkinson
mattultramurals wrote:Considering the interest we have seen if we run this sale again I will make sure that we find an image for the Great American Ballpark. Sorry to disappoint, we were bummed when we couldn't find one in time for this sale.

Well, you can count at least one guaranteed purchase here. Thanks!

luke975

quality posts: 13 Private Messages luke975

I remember these from the last sale. The comments here echo the previous ones.

I always did like yardsales.

apexii

quality posts: 1 Private Messages apexii

The Citizens Bank Park picture is horrible. This is a stadium that has been sold out for years, but the picture shows not even close to full attendance? The opposing team on the big screen?

I'd rather pay double for a good picture, sorry UltraMurals, this is a big let down to us.

The baloney story about using most popular photos is, well, bologna.

LordBling

quality posts: 4 Private Messages LordBling
msklzannie wrote:Um... http://www.woot.com/offers/wrigley-field-home-of-the-chicago-cubs-1

Well, I'm not sure how I missed that one, but thanks for letting me know. Then I saw the picture. Down in front, peanut guy!

mattultramurals

apexii wrote:The Citizens Bank Park picture is horrible. This is a stadium that has been sold out for years, but the picture shows not even close to full attendance? The opposing team on the big screen?

I think that perhaps the preview does not do the image justice, the canvas looks great in person and has been a popular selling item. (also it's Ken Griffey Jr. on the scoreboard so some fans really like that) I appreciate the feedback from the woot! community, our goal is to offer a quality product and to sell as many canvases as possible. With that in mind all of the images selected have been popular items in the past. One thing that is a bit difficult to convey on a web image is that our canvases are high quality and hand-wrapped and look great in person. It speaks to the passion of fans that many are very particular about the shots that were taken during live action or before games. We will use the feedback provided to take a look at our collection and see if certain items can be improved upon. Often times there will be a few critical comments from passionate consumers but at the canvas itself will be incredibly popular and sell very well so we try and balance that into our decisions.

IamPopeye

quality posts: 3 Private Messages IamPopeye
mattultramurals wrote:Hi I am Matt with UltraMurals, ...

Hi Matt!

I want to give props to Matt for being so active in the discussion and answering questions.

Thanks!
Popeye