WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Big house in the middle of nowhere or tiny apartment in the middle of everything?
  • 75.2% - Big house, nowhere! 2019
  • 24.8% - Tiny apartment, everything! 667
2686 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

bestsportnascar

quality posts: 22 Private Messages bestsportnascar

Do I get a nice fishing pond and trails to ride fourwheelers on? No brainer.

joanowl

quality posts: 4 Private Messages joanowl

I hate things.

ceagee

quality posts: 66 Private Messages ceagee

Depends on where nowhere.
vs. what city.

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

The big house in the middle of nowhere probably won't have cell/internet/cable service.

Apartment.

billypuppy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages billypuppy

That's tiny penthouse apartment, buddy!

"Three generations of imbeciles is enough".
Oliver Wendell Holmes

myfester

quality posts: 4 Private Messages myfester

Heck, I'd take tiny house, nowhere, lots of land. (but I do need my internet, tee hee)

mskitty42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mskitty42

Tiny house in the middle of nowhere. But with internet, of course!

mdkopper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdkopper

Big house in the middle of nowhere

This way I can pee out the back door and No one knows, or cares...
With a Beer in my hand, Now that's the life...

searchneverend

quality posts: 2 Private Messages searchneverend

a big house in the middle of nowhere with a hot chick who just make me sandwiches and you know what else.....

kyleckoldeway

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kyleckoldeway
searchneverend wrote:a big house in the middle of nowhere with a hot chick who just make me sandwiches and you know what else.....

Yeah there nice to go get beers for you.

mdkopper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdkopper
kyleckoldeway wrote:Yeah there nice to go get beers for you.

Beer? Someone say Beer?

HomerTime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HomerTime

Forced to pick, I would opt for the tiny apartment. I know 95% of my friends would say "middle of nowhere", but about 95% of that 95% would freak out of if it were truly in the "middle of nowhere". When they hear "middle of nowhere" they are thinking 25 miles outside of the city, but on a huge lot of land.

CatCK

quality posts: 52 Private Messages CatCK

My brother lives out in the country. As beautiful as it is, it would drive me crazy not being within a short drive of a store.

bikerguy7

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bikerguy7

Both.
I would like both.
Please.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 47 Private Messages PocketBrain

As long as woot still ships to the location, big house in the middle of nowhere. Also, would require internets. Seriously, I really need my internets. In the middle of nowhere, I could set up a still, too!

PUfelix85

quality posts: 2 Private Messages PUfelix85

Can I have a medium sized condo/house/apartment about half way between the big city and middle of no where? Best of both worlds and a better school system?

x8

beeguz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages beeguz
PUfelix85 wrote:Can I have a medium sized condo/house/apartment about half way between the big city and middle of no where? Best of both worlds and a better school system?

I own that house it a all brick 3 br ranch on 3/4 of an acre.

Not big enough for a pond but a great place to live.

I bought it 10 years ago hoping to sell and move into a nice small place in a few years but then the bottom fell out of everything.

I should have bought a smaller place at 100 Grand Bar

psumek

quality posts: 9 Private Messages psumek

Grew up in nowhere. Nowhere gets boring real fast. Live in the city, rent a car and go visit nowhere when you need to get out of the city.

Never underestimate the ability to get anything you want without having to drive 30 minutes to walmart.

ncevans1101

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ncevans1101

What does it have to do with anything?!?!

maxikyd

quality posts: 6 Private Messages maxikyd

Wasn't sure if you meant what you have or what you want. I have the big house, I would prefer the tiny apartment; however, I have internet so...it's all good.

maxikyd

quality posts: 6 Private Messages maxikyd
psumek wrote:Grew up in nowhere. Nowhere gets boring real fast. Live in the city, rent a car and go visit nowhere when you need to get out of the city.

Never underestimate the ability to get anything you want without having to drive 30 minutes to walmart.

Amen. Closest Walmart-120 miles.

voimakas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages voimakas

As far away from people (general public) as possible please. I'd even take a small house on, say, 400 acres vs a big one.

mjgkramer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjgkramer

We live in the middle of five rugged wooded rocky acres located 10 miles from the center of a resort town of 50,000 population. The town is midway between San Antonio and Austin so we have the best of all worlds. Unfortunately we are getting old which will force moving to town in a few years.

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward

A large house in the middle of nowhere with a secret tunnel that takes me immediately to the heart of the city. In other words, Wayne Manor.

Atharaenea

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Atharaenea

Why not a small house in the middle of nowhere? Big houses take too much upkeep, and what do I need all that space for?

I need lots of land, though, to insulate me from annoying neighbors. Ah, peace and quiet!

rebbe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rebbe

In my 20's I had an appt. in the center of town, partied every night. In my 30's I had small children so a house close to shopping and amenities. In my 40's expanded the house to keep up with the kids and friends.
In my 50's the kids went to college and the large house seemed very empty. In my 60's sold the big house in the best neighborhood and bought 3 acres of redwoods in the mountains and build a smaller "adult" home with home theater, sewing room, game room and ONE guest bedroom.....

JimTruett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JimTruett
curtisuxor wrote:The big house in the middle of nowhere probably won't have cell/internet/cable service.

Apartment.

That is what Exede and DirecTV are for.

I left a condo in a master planned community for a house with acreage 15 minutes from "civilization". It's wonderful hearing crickets and coyotes instead of honking horns, neighbors fighting, and all of the other BS that comes from living so close to ohters with no concern for you.

whosgotmyusername

quality posts: 4 Private Messages whosgotmyusername

Actually I like what I have now - medium house on huge property...

wut we have here is FAILURE to communicate!

Tatts

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Tatts

I've got the best of both. Good size house in the very middle of of a big, historic city. Parks a few blocks away, 30-minute walk to work on tree-lined streets past 19th-century houses, no need for a car (have car share program), 15 minute walk to the orchestra or theatre, great bars and restaurants all over the place, world-class museums in walking distance, friends nearby.

And while you're mowing your lawn, I'm doing a quick 15-mile bike ride along the river through the park. Good cities are the absolute best.

chinuppete

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chinuppete

wow completely did not see that one coming. really big house in the middle of no where. i guess i'm too city for this

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor
JimTruett wrote:That is what Exede and DirecTV are for.

I left a condo in a master planned community for a house with acreage 15 minutes from "civilization". It's wonderful hearing crickets and coyotes instead of honking horns, neighbors fighting, and all of the other BS that comes from living so close to ohters with no concern for you.

15 minutes away from the city is not what this is about. It would be pretty hard to get electronics up since there probably won't be access to power in the middle of nowhere.