Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

One more -

Best Woot-off ever?

No, [MOST EPIC] wOOt-[on] [IN THE HISTORY OF TIME ITSELF]

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 168 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

We appreciate everyone who stuck around and contributed to the Woot-Libs! It should be some hilarious lib-ery going on this weekend lol

If you guys want to continue talking about the Woot Off, please head over to this Woot Libs thread to...."talk amongst yourselves"

Otherwise, please stick to discussing today's new offer. Thanks.

lichme

quality posts: 3016 Private Messages lichme

Take a look at this Handy Dandy User Guide

lichme

quality posts: 3016 Private Messages lichme

Almost perfect reviews on Amazon

blckshirt98

quality posts: 7 Private Messages blckshirt98

The H5 on Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/LED-Lenser-880038-Headlamp-Black/dp/B0053GZC7W/ref=sr_1_1?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1374125472&sr=1-1&keywords=lenser+h5

Strongly debating this...got a 3-pack headlamp cheapo box at Costco and they're pretty bulky and useless.

emonair

quality posts: 4 Private Messages emonair
lichme wrote:Take a look at this Handy Dandy User Guide

Missed the one for the headlamp:
User Guide

emonair

quality posts: 4 Private Messages emonair
blckshirt98 wrote:The H5 on Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/LED-Lenser-880038-Headlamp-Black/dp/B0053GZC7W/ref=sr_1_1?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1374125472&sr=1-1&keywords=lenser+h5

Strongly debating this...got a 3-pack headlamp cheapo box at Costco and they're pretty bulky and useless.

I own both of these from previous Woots and can tell you they are amazing. The focus beam is so smooth on each and the light is super bright. For the H5 the little knob is moved to adjust focus from reading to spotlight. For the P7 it is fun to just pull/push the top and watch the focus beam expand and contract repeatedly. I know I have a problem. I am working through it.

zonkerrob

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zonkerrob

THIS DEAL:
H5 headlight - 23 lumens - 75M range
• With yet another flashlight I'll never use
• Because I have the H7 (below)
• $35 + $5 shipping

BETTER DEAL:
H7 headlight - 155 lumens - 180M range
• The most awesome thing EVER
• $24 + $5 shipping on amazon

Forget the flashlight and get the H7. I have 2, plus 2 heavier and brighter H14s bought from Woot. The lightless and comfort to HOLY COW THAT IS BRIGHT ratio of the H7 headlight is off the charts. Overnight, all my flashlights became pretty much useless (I do keep a few big Maglights around for the scary dark).

You will buy more. If you have older kids, brothers, friends handier than you, crafting grandmas, stamp collector dads, auto mechanics who go the extra mile, camping friends, or people you barely know that you have to buy presents for, you will buy more.

danwat1234

quality posts: 5 Private Messages danwat1234

That is one dim H5 headlight lamp. Not very useful on a car, am I right?

whitcwa

quality posts: 12 Private Messages whitcwa

"Features the Advanced Focus System™ to quickly cast a far-off spot, or close up spill light for reading."

"Spill" light is the light outside of the main beam, be it spot or flood.

rickbaron

quality posts: 7 Private Messages rickbaron

Do these come in 1 retail package together? Is this the product?

http://www.amazon.com/LED-LENSER-light-Headlamp-Combo/dp/B009Z35EAO/ref=sr_1_fkmr3_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1374143424&sr=8-2-fkmr3&keywords=LED+Lenser+P7+Flashlight+and+H5+Headlamp+Bundle

Double0doug

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Double0doug
zonkerrob wrote:THIS DEAL:
H5 headlight - 23 lumens - 75M range
• With yet another flashlight I'll never use
• Because I have the H7 (below)
• $35 + $5 shipping

BETTER DEAL:
H7 headlight - 155 lumens - 180M range
• The most awesome thing EVER
• $24 + $5 shipping on amazon

Forget the flashlight and get the H7. I have 2, plus 2 heavier and brighter H14s bought from Woot. The lightless and comfort to HOLY COW THAT IS BRIGHT ratio of the H7 headlight is off the charts. Overnight, all my flashlights became pretty much useless (I do keep a few big Maglights around for the scary dark).

You will buy more. If you have older kids, brothers, friends handier than you, crafting grandmas, stamp collector dads, auto mechanics who go the extra mile, camping friends, or people you barely know that you have to buy presents for, you will buy more.

If I needed another flashlight (and I don't) I would definitely go for the H7.

This doesn't seem like a bad deal in and upon itself though.

pssnyder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pssnyder

Wow...this battery life is HORRIBLE!!! Probably not too bad of a lamp for working on your car or going for a stroll in the woods at night, but I would stay clear if you intend on using this headlamp for camping/backpacking. 1 hour at max output is horrendous. This lamp (albeit more expensive) is more geared toward the folks who want one for backpacking.
http://www.petzl.com/us/outdoor/headlamp/performance/myo-rxp

tc1uscg

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tc1uscg
pssnyder wrote:Wow...this battery life is HORRIBLE!!! Probably not too bad of a lamp for working on your car or going for a stroll in the woods at night, but I would stay clear if you intend on using this headlamp for camping/backpacking. 1 hour at max output is horrendous. This lamp (albeit more expensive) is more geared toward the folks who want one for backpacking.

You beat me to it and your right. People just see how bright these lights are and flip out. What good is a headlamp with just a few hours of bright light? I don't live outdoors but do many nights camping a our scout troop. I was LUCKY to pick up a Prineton Apex at Gander Mountain for 50 bucks (clearance). http://www.princetontec.com/apex
LONG LONG battery life even at it's max 200lumens setting. A little on the heavy side but still a good light.

TC1 USCG Ret

bruce57

quality posts: 9 Private Messages bruce57
pssnyder wrote:Wow...this battery life is HORRIBLE!!! Probably not too bad of a lamp for working on your car or going for a stroll in the woods at night, but I would stay clear if you intend on using this headlamp for camping/backpacking. 1 hour at max output is horrendous. This lamp (albeit more expensive) is more geared toward the folks who want one for backpacking.

Albeit more expensive? How 'bout 3 times more expensive - just for the headlamp?

I've no problem with comparisons...so long as they have some validity. When your comparison is multiples in cost, validity tends to fly out the window. I think it's reasonable to assume that at 3 times the cost, the referenced lamp should be better.

Stlheadake

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Stlheadake
bruce57 wrote:Albeit more expensive? How 'bout 3 times more expensive - just for the headlamp?

I've no problem with comparisons...so long as they have some validity. When your comparison is multiples in cost, validity tends to fly out the window. I think it's reasonable to assume that at 3 times the cost, the referenced lamp should be better.

I've no problem with calling out a comparison either. HOWEVER, I buy items like this to USE in the real world, not just because they are cheap on Woot!

I find the information related to battery life AND brightness to be VERY helpful, and I don't mind paying more for something that works!

So as far as I am concerned, it WASN'T a comparison, but more of a FYI, from someone with FACTUAL experiences.

youmansk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages youmansk

Why is now $29.99?

tkrueger15

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tkrueger15

whats the reason for the price decrease?

Im not complaining, but just wanted to know why it dropped?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

PRICE DROPPED!

What do you do when the buyer walks away from his computer and leaves it unlocked? You lower the price on his sale!!! (Not really but that sure would be fun!)

Any way, we did indeed lower the price. Buyer is in a good mood. He loves you guys. Each and every one.

If you already purchased, you'll have money flying back to you soonish.

Now show our buyer some love and go buy 3.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bahn1225

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bahn1225

What if you’re paying for Amazon Prime
to get free shipping at Amazon.
Does that apply for WOOT purchases?

ThunderThighs

Staff

bahn1225 wrote:What if you’re paying for Amazon Prime
to get free shipping at Amazon.
Does that apply for WOOT purchases?

Sorry, we do not participate in the Amazon Prime program.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

zonkerrob

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zonkerrob
ThunderThighs wrote:
PRICE DROPPED!

What do you do when the buyer walks away from his computer and leaves it unlocked? You lower the price on his sale!!! (Not really but that sure would be fun!)

Any way, we did indeed lower the price. Buyer is in a good mood. He loves you guys. Each and every one.

If you already purchased, you'll have money flying back to you soonish.

Now show our buyer some love and go buy 3.

Huh ... the H7 I spoke of a few hours ago is no longer available for $24 + $5 shipping. Lowest price this morning is $33.50 prime. Weird.

UPDATE: THIS IS A REPOST OF THIS COMMENT; THE FIRST ONE WAS DELETED WITHIN FIVE MINUTES.
Suddenly it's a LOT more than weird.

/braced for bannination

ThunderThighs

Staff

zonkerrob wrote:Huh ... the H7 I spoke of a few hours ago is no longer available for $24 + $5 shipping. Lowest price this morning is $33.50 prime. Weird.

UPDATE: THIS IS A REPOST OF THIS COMMENT; THE FIRST ONE WAS DELETED WITHIN FIVE MINUTES.
Suddenly it's a LOT more than weird.

/braced for bannination

It was deleted because it's not relevant to this sale. Most likely the party that was selling the item ran out or raised their price for whatever reason. We don't/can't dictate pricing to Amazon or 3rd party vendors that sell on Amazon.

FORUM MODERATOR

dg4466

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dg4466

Just bought 2 of the lenser T7, which has same specs as P7, as far as I know. I gave one to a friend. I am so impressed with the bright light, even on low beam. The speed focus is so much better than the twist. I really look forward to the headlamp and have another to give away or put in my truck. Thanks for the unbeatable deal Woot!

pleepleus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pleepleus

I've bought several LED flashlights of this style. (I would personally call them 'tactical' but then the flashlight trolls come out in droves.) Anyway... out of all the flashlights of this style I've purchased, this one is still my favorite. As others have mentioned, the battery life is terrible. You get a very short period of very bright light. After that it's not quite as bright, but still better than most other lights. I use this for maintaining a secure perimeter at public events. All I need is a few quick bursts of bright, focused light each night. Unfortunately, I end up with a huge pile of half used AAA batteries. Great for remotes though! This price cannot be beat either.

yfsbethel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yfsbethel

This was offered on Groupon yesterday. I don't know if it's the same thing. Combo Pack 7 LED Headlamp & 9 LED Flashlight Combo (KC91091) — ThinkTank LED Headlamp and Flashlight Set $4.99 each.

jeffflanagan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jeffflanagan

I have the P7 from an earlier Woot.

It's super bright and everyone I show it to wants one.

Loeb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Loeb
yfsbethel wrote:This was offered on Groupon yesterday. I don't know if it's the same thing. Combo Pack 7 LED Headlamp & 9 LED Flashlight Combo (KC91091) — ThinkTank LED Headlamp and Flashlight Set $4.99 each.

Not even close

ObsessiveCompulsive

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ObsessiveCompulsive

I just noticed your post. The P7 run time is 1 Hour at Max. The H5 or headlamp, is 10 hours. Hope that helps.

ericslaw

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ericslaw

Had to lookup what IPX4 water resistence meant:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_Code#Liquid_ingress_protection
note: woot should use markdown.

turbo6bar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages turbo6bar

The Petzl and Princeton headlamps do last longer on a set of batteries, but I'd expect that to be the case, because the Woot lights use AAA batteries, which have roughly 1/3 the mAh of the AA batteries in the Petzl/Princeton offerings.

bdavison129

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bdavison129

I use the headlamp to find the hand held flashlight in the dark!
Very fast shipping. Is the Woot warehouse in my next door neighbor's garage?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 168 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

bdavison129 wrote:I use the headlamp to find the hand held flashlight in the dark!
Very fast shipping. Is the Woot warehouse in my next door neighbor's garage?