WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Hot enough for you?
  • 68.4% - Yes 1690
  • 10% - No 247
  • 21.5% - My capacity for heat is my own personal business 532
2469 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

NavyStore

quality posts: 3 Private Messages NavyStore

Seattle - where a hot day is in the 80's! Thank the gods I don't live in Kuwait, Japan or Oklahoma any more!!!

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

So long as I've got air conditioning while I sleep, I'm loving this crazy heat, humidity and all. I'm just walkjng around grinning with my face to the sun. The bright heat melts my bones into liquid joy and I feel so heavy and loose and alive. I came home late this afternoon and the sky was turquoise, the clouds were fuschia, the moon a perfect pitted tiny half-orb of stark white, the trees black against so much colour and I teared up for existing in such an insignificant, perfect moment. Oh my gods but I love this weather. Wouldn't want it to last forever, but as a heat wave contrasted to the typical Chicago winter, it's amazing life.

(As counterpoint, way back in Cairo, I'd take taxis to travel three blocks and would lay panting under my weak ceiling fans in the midafternoon, half delirious and living with the desperation of an extra in some stifling fantasy dystopia, dreaming of cakes and cider on a shaded riverboat veranda.)

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

As the great poet Nelly once wrote, whence thou decideth to taketh off one's garments, thou shalt knoweth it be hot in herre.

"With a little bit of uh uh, and a little bit of uh uh."

aradiakali

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aradiakali

I live in the Bay Area. It is kind of cold. That is just how I like it.

What?

suprmome

quality posts: 0 Private Messages suprmome

I live in Hawaii, need I say more?

He>i, help support Behcets @ www.behcets.com

entouragevol

quality posts: 0 Private Messages entouragevol

Got to 92 yesterday, and it was only the 5th or 6th time this year it has been above 90. Last year it seemed ever day in June and July was over 90. So I am happy.

jeparz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeparz

New York City is pretty hot (close to 100F) but I'm not overweight so it isn't "terrible". I have tried to imagine what The City must have been like before the advent of air conditioning (and indoor plumbing and horses as the main mode of transportation, etc...) and it's hard to imagine. Today things are incredibly better.

jeffiekins

quality posts: 55 Private Messages jeffiekins

It's been unseasonably cool this year in Hotlanta. We had our first 90 degree day of the year this week, and it was only over 90 for an hour or two before a cold front blew in.

So, that's a couple of hours over 90, when in a normal year we would have had weeks of it by now.

I think the problem is that they believe in "Global Warming" up North: if Al Gore* would just cool it, so would the weather.

* Is there a word for a reverse carpetbagger?

I'm supposed to buy something? But we're having so much fun with things as they are, I don't want to ruin it!
Purchases: 18 / 11 (nobody cares what, so I won't tell you);
Brownies of Cannabis: 1 / 12 (Thanks, Wootalyzer! -- would it help if I called them something else?).

CatCK

quality posts: 50 Private Messages CatCK

I love the hot weather, though I don't have to spend a lot of time outside.

We are going to have severe weather later today which is going to break the 90 degree heat. Only in the 80s tomorrow.

mdkopper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdkopper
suprmome wrote:I live in Hawaii, need I say more?

Yes, go head.......

DrTorch

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DrTorch

The required response is, "It's not so much the heat, it's the humidity."

mdkopper

DrTorch wrote:The required response is, "It's not so much the heat, it's the humidity."

SumDuud

quality posts: 21 Private Messages SumDuud

Yes when I open the door to go to work at 6am and it is already 80 degrees and humid, I feel like I am walking into a sauna. The weight of the air presses down on my lungs and I think "why did people keep asking when summer was going to get here." It gets to be mid afternoon and the humidity is still there and heavy, but the temperature has risen to a not-so-comfy 96-100 or so, I think 'f this'. Then the guy I carpool with seems to not have working A/C so the windows are down and it just seems like I am standing in front of a fan blowing air from the sun. A week of this stuff and I'm over it. Makes me miss my Southern California roots.

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

mdkopper

goldenthorn wrote:So long as I've got air conditioning while I sleep, I'm loving this crazy heat, humidity and all. I'm just walkjng around grinning with my face to the sun. The bright heat melts my bones into liquid joy and I feel so heavy and loose and alive. I came home late this afternoon and the sky was turquoise, the clouds were fuschia, the moon a perfect pitted tiny half-orb of stark white, the trees black against so much colour and I teared up for existing in such an insignificant, perfect moment. Oh my gods but I love this weather. Wouldn't want it to last forever, but as a heat wave contrasted to the typical Chicago winter, it's amazing life.

(As counterpoint, way back in Cairo, I'd take taxis to travel three blocks and would lay panting under my weak ceiling fans in the midafternoon, half delirious and living with the desperation of an extra in some stifling fantasy dystopia, dreaming of cakes and cider on a shaded riverboat veranda.)

But what dose All this have to do with, "hot enough for you?"...

SidPacker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SidPacker

I live in Las Vegas, so what you said.

suprmome wrote:I live in Hawaii, need I say more?

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

mdkopper wrote:But what dose All this have to do with, "hot enough for you?"...

OBVIOUSLY NOTHING AT ALL.

glamontagne

quality posts: 3 Private Messages glamontagne
curtisuxor wrote:As the great poet Nelly once wrote, whence thou decideth to taketh off one's garments, thou shalt knoweth it be hot in herre.

"With a little bit of uh uh, and a little bit of uh uh."

I am more partial to the poet Snoop Dogg who wrote, Whence the pimp's in the crib mother, droppeth it like it's hot.

Random Crap - Level 7 Woot-Off Lights
Dazzle Video Creator Platinum Philips Prestigo Universal Remote Altec Lansing M604 for Zune Remote Control Helicopter Train Set Microsoft Zune 30GB Roadside Emergency Kit Microsoft Zune 6 Player Texas Hold’em Poker

WaltAmante

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WaltAmante
jeparz wrote:... and horses as the main mode of transportation, ...

Can you imagine the SMELL, back when horses were used and the temps were 100deg or more?

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches

It doesn't seem as hot as it was last year at this time. Funny thing is my brother in New York City is hotter than I am (& miserable). Maybe I'm just used to it. I've lived in the south all my life (grew up without an a/c). I live in central Florida now.

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

merd919

quality posts: 0 Private Messages merd919
DrTorch wrote:The required response is, "It's not so much the heat, it's the humidity."

More like, "It's not the heat; it's the stupidity."

prlivinca

quality posts: 0 Private Messages prlivinca

Living in the South San Joaquin Valley (about 4 hours away from Death Valley). Is hot...too dang hot. Why did my ancestors decide to choose this place as home? Huh? What's that you say? I can move???

straycat74

quality posts: 0 Private Messages straycat74

I start to melt at 75 degrees F, and it was 95degrees in chicago when I drove thru there today... I almost exploded >.<

I want it to be winter again

Moueska

quality posts: 53 Private Messages Moueska
glamontagne wrote:I am more partial to the poet Snoop Dogg who wrote, Whence the pimp's in the crib mother, droppeth it like it's hot.

I love this site. XD

And as the poet Rudolph wrote with the great speaker of the ages Lil' Wayne

When the time comes that I arrive, fire does justly come with.

aojle

quality posts: 3 Private Messages aojle

Love all these 90+ days. Been needing to move around a lot in the last week, doing maybe 20 miles a day cycling. It's like I've died and gone to heaven.

Then the hard cold facts of life hit when I have to go indoors.

nojink

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nojink

Its over 110°. They keep raising rates, so I save lots of $ on the electric & washing bill by living naked.

weterb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages weterb

103.6! in Madras, Oregon!

lynnemt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lynnemt

Yes, it is hot, but we have a nice sea breeze. I figure one can't complain when it's hot and then turn around and complain when it is cold. I'll save all my Sour Patchin' for the cold. I'll take hot every day. Of course I live less than a mile from the beach.

dalbeats

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dalbeats

I live in Kansas where it gets up to 112 with humidity, and down to -12. I have viking blood in my veins, so I gravitate towards the -12 winters much like my Norse brethren . I start to sweet when it gets above 65...so yeah, it's freaking hot enough for me.

Prey

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Prey

Since the topic of global warming became like race or religion those who place the gauges to measure local temps and report to national centers are increasingly placing them near heat sources such as parking lots, air conditioners and buildings which results is the skewing of reported temps and adds fuel to their side of the debate.

If you can't get facts to support your claims, you create them.

Discord

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Discord

I love hot weather. I love sweating. And i particularly love people who know NOTHING about climate change like the person above me.

Ignorance is hilarious!

dfunk29

quality posts: 46 Private Messages dfunk29

I hate this stupid question. No, I'd like to lay down on some smoldering charcoal for a few hours while people hold blowtorchs over me. Then, and only then, will it be hot enough for me.

I live in MN, where it snowed until April and we completely missed spring.

I'm hoping we actually get a fall season. But right now, I'm almost missing the snow.

jet314

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jet314

I hate the heat. As I get older (54) I hate it even more. I get cranky, snarky, and even down right b*tchy. (I know, so what's my excuse in January)...here in STL we have had dew points of 72F which is like that of the Amazon. 95F most of this past week, but today has been cloudy and low 80's. They still can't get the rain forecast right. I'm still waiting. Next week should be mid 80's all week...Praise BE. (Wanting to move to Spokane WA, hopefully cooler there).

davidbowser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages davidbowser

Yes it is, but I have a decent tolerance. I can't, however, do yard work in the direct sun like I used to be able to do. I am just getting old and soft.

I grew up kinda poor (single mom, several kids), so I have no problem just taking a cold shower and going to sleep when it get's hot. My wife didn't really grow up that way, so A/C is running as soon as it gets above 90F. I have worked out a compromise to keep the thermostat at 73-75F.