ampeed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ampeed

Unable to click on LED. I assume its sold out, correct?

themistocles22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages themistocles22
decyde wrote:These are referb TV's. Odds are they replaced the chips and these are returns of people who had the problem.

I purchased the non-smart apps version (E500AR) of this TV from Walmart on Black Friday. Its quite a bang for the buck, but I wouldn't buy this refurb model. I had one that had a defective chip, which caused the TV to blow out twice within about five months. The slightest voltage change absolutely bricked the TV during two thunderstorms (and no, there were no nearby lightning strikes and all my other a/v equipment in the house was fine in both cases). The first time, Vizio repaired the TV and the second time they replaced the whole TV.
Make no mistake, I'm a huge fan of Vizio (I also own the E420d-A0) and their customer service is truly top notch, but I would be weary of this deal if there's a possibility of receiving a TV that has one of those defective chips.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

ampeed wrote:Unable to click on LED. I assume its sold out, correct?

Yes, it is sold out.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jtravel

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jtravel
themistocles22 wrote:I Its quite a bang for the buck, but I wouldn't buy this refurb model. I had one that had a defective chip, which caused the TV to blow out twice within about five months. The slightest voltage change absolutely bricked the TV during two thunderstorms (and no, there were no nearby lightning strikes and all my other a/v equipment in the house was fine in both cases). The first time, Vizio repaired the TV and the second time they replaced the whole TV.
Make no mistake, I'm a huge fan of Vizio (I also own the E420d-A0) and their customer service is truly top notch, but I would be weary of this deal if there's a possibility of receiving a TV that has one of those defective chips.

I'm taking your advise because
The 90 day warranty offers very limited protection.
Squaretrade won't cover refurbished TV's except in some special cases and then only for one year.
The savings for buying a refurbished 1-2 year old model
is just not enough to justify the Risk being taken.

SarahMobius

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SarahMobius
asjxvii wrote:VIZIO is a solid American company. Excellent quality

I've had two. Just bought the LCD here today. Expect 3-5 years out of it.

K3rm1t

quality posts: 0 Private Messages K3rm1t
Jaxidian wrote:Do we know the serial numbers of these TVs? Apparently serial numbers LFTRNWAN3800001 to LFTRNWAN4805300 have Vizio-acknowledged defective chips in them.

I read that those serial #'s only apply to the 60" and 70" units.

ThunderThighs

Staff

K3rm1t wrote:I read that those serial #'s only apply to the 60" and 70" units.

Good catch. Here's the official bulletin.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Sarisin

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Sarisin

I'm not sure about the comments regarding Square Trade warranties, but as I stated before I bought a 3-year warranty on the LED TV.

Coverage Amount: $499.99 Policy Number: 019757049125
Protection Plan Price: $41.99 Coverage Term: 3 Years
Coverage Type: Standard Coverage Start Date: 07/12/2013
Covered Product: LCD Flat-Panel TVs - Coverage End Date: 07/12/2016
Deductible: None Waiting Period: None

Also, this is from the Plan Details regarding the fact this is a refurb:

"If your item is USED/REFURBISHED, this Protection Plan begins on the 46th day after your item purchase or after your manufacturer's warranty expires, whichever is longer. The agreement also lasts for the number of years you chose at purchase time."

I wasn't a guy who normally bought extended warranties in the past, but I have become a regular customer of Square Trade now, particularly with refurbs.

bigray57

quality posts: 10 Private Messages bigray57
morrise6 wrote:Which one did you buy?

The LED.

z06rono

quality posts: 0 Private Messages z06rono
asjxvii wrote:VIZIO is a solid American company. Excellent quality

Sadly my 29 month old 55" Vizio gave up the ghost (dead panel). Their quality is less than stellar. There will be no more Vizios in my future.

z06rono

quality posts: 0 Private Messages z06rono
SarahMobius wrote:I've had two. Just bought the LCD here today. Expect 3-5 years out of it.

3-5 years for a refurb at $500 might be acceptable, but not on a new $1-2k tv. If you think that is acceptable, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. Understand you are referring to refurbs, but when we as Americans started to except high price electronics that give out after a couple of years as "acceptable" we handed manufactures our wallets while they laughed with glee.

suzywo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages suzywo

What's better? LCD or LED? What's do they do differently?

bluemaple

quality posts: 66 Private Messages bluemaple
suzywo wrote:What's better? LCD or LED? What's do they do differently?

@suzywo, given otherwise similar specs/connections/brands, the better one is the one with the picture that looks better to you. If it really matters, I would not rely on one or two commenters telling you which one is 'better'.

It is not appropriate to generalize whether LCD-'LED' backlighting or 'LCD'-CCFL backlighting is 'better'. Both backlighting technologies can result in really nice and really poor picture quality.

BTW, in the case of this Woot both are now sold out.

opsouth

quality posts: 2 Private Messages opsouth
doferty wrote:I picked up the 47" version of this about a month ago. Extremely happy with it. The only issue I have is that it takes a few seconds to "boot up" when powering on. The screen comes up, and you can see the souce (HDMI, etc.) but you can't lower the volume or do anything until it's done "thinking."

I bought the Vizio 55' LCD E552VLE in Oct'12 and experience the same issue as you. It's easy to live with since everything else about the TV is excellent.

Wyatt8

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Wyatt8
Ringo4422 wrote:They are BOTH LCD. One uses CFL backlighting, the other uses LEDs for backlighting. This applies to ALL TVs today with the exception of Plasma and the horrifically expensive OLED TVs.
Marketing just plain confuses people.

*sigh* ... you're trying to argue with the nomenclature...
then go ahead and drop down a level .. they are not "TV's" they are monitors ...
and your "cell phone" is not a "cell phone" it's PCS mobile phone
and your wireless phone has wires in it
And your Air Conditioner doesn't "condition" your air ... and if it's built in, with forced air, it's an HVAC unit, not an sir conditioner ...
It Is Just Standard Nomenclature ... not functional descriptions...

a perfect day to have a great day on purpose...
or because the store clerk told you to...

corro79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages corro79
wolfwood1 wrote:I don't think that this TV offers a square trade warranty.. which is odd, I thought they put it on almost all woot items..

anyone get an answer about the square trade (ST) warranty?

i asked ST if they cover refurbished tvs from woot and they said "Refurbished TVs are eligible when purchased on woot."

So I emailed woot to find out how to buy one and received an email saying "I'm very sorry but this particular product was not offered with a SquareTrade warranty."

I asked why and am still waiting for a reply.

seems odd that ST says they do have warranties for refurbished TVs from woot but they must be purchased from woot but woot won't sell it.

this TV better be fine...

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

corro79 wrote:anyone get an answer about the square trade (ST) warranty?

i asked ST if they cover refurbished tvs from woot and they said "Refurbished TVs are eligible when purchased on woot."

So I emailed woot to find out how to buy one and received an email saying "I'm very sorry but this particular product was not offered with a SquareTrade warranty."

I asked why and am still waiting for a reply.

seems odd that ST says they do have warranties for refurbished TVs from woot but they must be purchased from woot but woot won't sell it.

this TV better be fine...

Sorry for the late reply.

To the best of my knowledge, we normally offer SquareTrade on nearly most all of our sales.

However, some sales/buyers tend to not opt-in to providing Square Trade for their offer.

This sale has the 90 Day Woot Limited Warranty coverage from the sale.

If you encounter any issues with your purchase, please feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and they'll be glad to answer any questions or concerns you might have.

anarche04

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anarche04

Got mine today! http://goo.gl/nA9Dit

ThunderThighs

Staff

anarche04 wrote:Got mine today! http://goo.gl/nA9Dit

Well, crap. Email support@woot.com so they can help you out. I'm so sorry. Most arrive ok but a few just take a beating by the delivery folks.

kd5kij

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kd5kij

I also just unboxed mine today, and the LCD screen was smashed with streaks covering the entire screen. It looks like it was due to poor packaging. The sides of the TV were completely unprotected, inside the box.

This is a very sad day.

ROGETRAY

Staff

kd5kij wrote:I also just unboxed mine today, and the LCD screen was smashed with streaks covering the entire screen. It looks like it was due to poor packaging. The sides of the TV were completely unprotected, inside the box.

This is a very sad day.

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience and that you received your purchase in such a condition.

Please email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know.
They'll be able to answer any questions you might have and help resolve the issue.

corro79

same problem. received mine today... cracks and broken screen. lets see what support@woot can do to help. I was so hopeful.

laurenjosh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laurenjosh

Okay. So I just unboxed my new 50 inch busted LCD tv. That's right. opened the box pulled it out and it's broken. Not like, oh it's a referb, but busted.. Any advise.. What's the deal with returning this.. Help please.

drspotxxx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drspotxxx

received this TV with the screen completely shattered. Very disappointed. I guess thats what $5 shipping gets you

Gigi4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gigi4

Just received my LCD today....so excited. Same problem. Screen is warped and cracked. So upset. Vizio said no help /warranty because it was a shipping issue. Been a Woot customer for years. Never had a problem before. Don't want to miss out on such a deal, but devastated that screen arrived broken! Sent message to Woot support.....we'll see.

catgrl2147

quality posts: 0 Private Messages catgrl2147

Got mine last night, opened it up and a BIG crack across the entire screen! I will be PI**ED off if they expect me to pay for return shipping. Inadequate packaging to say the least.
Anyone get a reply from support, because this seems to have happened to quite a few people. =(

corro79

received response from support. woot pays for return shipping and they say they will refund the money once they receive it. what a waste of time. I really wish they just packaged it right the first time. Gonna go to Brandsmart and buy it the old fashioned way!

too bad because this is my first issue with them and it was a great deal.

I'm afraid to buy any other TVs from them if this is what we can expect!

Gigi4

Refund doesn't help when you expected a 50"TV for.$429. Packing was horrible. Box blank. No.fragile, no note.it was a TV. No inside packing on sides...which is why everyones screens are.cracked. think they should replace with new or better model. Refund would be.huge.disappointment.

GreenGuy78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GreenGuy78

Unboxed my shattered tv last night as well.

What the hell? Who packed these things this time? This seriously makes me reconsider these types of purchases from Woot.

Looks like we all had similar experiences :/

GreenGuy78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GreenGuy78
Gigi4 wrote:Refund doesn't help when you expected a 50"TV for.$429. Packing was horrible. Box blank. No.fragile, no note.it was a TV. No inside packing on sides...which is why everyones screens are.cracked. think they should replace with new or better model. Refund would be.huge.disappointment.

I agree. Refund is all they offered me - it may not be enough to risk shopping with woot for electronics again.

rbrooks888

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rbrooks888

Got mine delivered yesterday and it had a broken screen upon delivery. Having to return it for a refund. Not stoked.

kd5kij

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kd5kij

I shipped off my broken TV back to woot late last week after I got my call tag, sadly expecting the refund they mentioned in the email. However, I just received a phone call from a California area code from a company called Sohnen. They requested a picture and a receipt of my busted TV, and said I could choose between a refund or replacement Vizio e500i-a0. I'm a little unsure about this, because I've never had to return damaged electronics to woot before. Is this legit? Can I trust them? Woot never contacted me to let me know this was gonna happen, so I'm skeptical.

Has anyone ever been contacted by Sohnen in regards to a woot order before?

ROGETRAY

Staff

kd5kij wrote:I shipped off my broken TV back to woot late last week after I got my call tag, sadly expecting the refund they mentioned in the email. However, I just received a phone call from a California area code from a company called Sohnen. They requested a picture and a receipt of my busted TV, and said I could choose between a refund or replacement Vizio e500i-a0. I'm a little unsure about this, because I've never had to return damaged electronics to woot before. Is this legit? Can I trust them? Woot never contacted me to let me know this was gonna happen, so I'm skeptical.

I'm not sure if that might be a third party company assigned to help with damaged orders.

I would recommend that you write into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know they called you.

They should be able to advise you on how to return the Vizio and correct the entire issue.

Gigi4

ROGETRAY wrote:I'm not sure if that might be a third party company assigned to help with damaged orders.

I would recommend that you write into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know they called you.

They should be able to advise you on how to return the Vizio and correct the entire issue.

Gigi4 here. I received same call on VM, did you hear back from Woot services? Is this legit?

ThunderThighs

Staff

kd5kij wrote:I shipped off my broken TV back to woot late last week after I got my call tag, sadly expecting the refund they mentioned in the email. However, I just received a phone call from a California area code from a company called Sohnen. They requested a picture and a receipt of my busted TV, and said I could choose between a refund or replacement Vizio e500i-a0. I'm a little unsure about this, because I've never had to return damaged electronics to woot before. Is this legit? Can I trust them? Woot never contacted me to let me know this was gonna happen, so I'm skeptical.

Yes, this is our vendor. They are working with y'all on a replacement.

While it's horrible that your TVs were broken, we've received no other reports to CS on broken TVs other than those posted in this forum. Looks like less than 1% had shipping issues.

Gigi4 wrote:Gigi4 here. I received same call on VM, did you hear back from Woot services? Is this legit?

Yes, Sohnen is legit. Sorry to have caused you concern.

bxbkqu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bxbkqu
ThunderThighs wrote:Yes, Sohnen is legit. Sorry to have caused you concern.

uhh...my TV was received broken as well...I received an email from customer service and shipped it back. Are you saying that you are not aware of this? Also, my email says that I will be receiving a refund. Are you saying we will not? This product was packaged so poorly, and was a significant inconvenience to re-package and ship back, that this really seems unfair to begin with. Holding my refund hostage to a negotiation with a vendor that I >do not< do business with seems, well, shoddy...

bxbkqu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bxbkqu
bxbkqu wrote:uhh...my TV was received broken as well...I received an email from customer service and shipped it back. Are you saying that you are not aware of this? Also, my email says that I will be receiving a refund. Are you saying we will not? This product was packaged so poorly, and was a significant inconvenience to re-package and ship back, that this really seems unfair to begin with. Holding my refund hostage to a negotiation with a vendor that I >do not< do business with seems, well, shoddy...

Also, are we further saying that you gave my contact infomation (phone number) to someone without my authorization?

ThunderThighs

Staff

@bxbkqu: I don't work in customer service so I don't have any knowledge about your case. However, you are absolutely going to receive your refund. As with all RMA's, the item is shipped back to us, processed, and then refunded.

As to the phone number, it was stated in the sale on the Features tab:

A phone number and physical address are required to schedule a delivery appointment with the freight carrier.

Sohnen was the vendor for this sale and arranged the delivery (and pickups) as needed.

Unfortunately, some delivery mishaps will happen and we will work with you to make it right.

FWIW: On this sale, we have heard back from less than 1% of the customers about their TVs. I'm sorry that you were one of the ones that received a damaged TV.

rdes5335

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rdes5335

Unfortunately my TV arrived with a severely cracked screen. Still waiting for the RMA. Does anyone know how long it takes WOOT to issue the RMA?

ThunderThighs

Staff

rdes5335 wrote:Unfortunately my TV arrived with a severely cracked screen. Still waiting for the RMA. Does anyone know how long it takes WOOT to issue the RMA?

I'm sorry to hear this. It usually takes Woot customer service about one business day to respond to emails. Be sure to check your spam folder for a reply as well.