16%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

lifevirusx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lifevirusx

Is this the same TV with the picture of the pug each time or are they different TVs using the same screen image?
Cause I've seen that dog an awful lot it seems

smib

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smib

Why are ST warranties so expensive on Woot? A 3-Year coverage for a $350-400 TV is $33 on Amazon. Is there some kind of secret sauce included with the ones here, or is someone trying to milk us?

jtravel

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jtravel
smib wrote:Why are ST warranties so expensive on Woot? A 3-Year coverage for a $350-400 TV is $33 on Amazon. Is there some kind of secret sauce included with the ones here, or is someone trying to milk us?

Squaretrade is in the business to make money.
They don't normally cover Refurbished TV's period.
They have learned that refurbished TV's tend to fail more often than new.
Third parties often do the refurbishes.
They will make special agreements to cover refurbished TV's for 1 year with some vendors depending on the make and model of the TV and who did the refurbishment.
The higher cost of the warranty is a reflection of the Risk Squaretrade is taking in covering the product.

onefastwienerdog

quality posts: 6 Private Messages onefastwienerdog

Dang, How many junk TV's does LG make, I see refurb LG TV's all the time!!

Random crap #1 11-28-09-Nice
Random crap #2 08-20-10-Sucked

stv8r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stv8r

Wow I have a 60" LG which is amazing. So on the fence as to buying this one for my bedroom

dkm1new

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dkm1new

I have not owned this TV for 2 years now, and I can honestly say I have had not one bit of trouble with it.

I also must agree with others who are saying "mucho kudos" on the speedy shipping lately, although I might have put it differently as I have never used the words "mucho" and kudos" together in the same sentence since... the accident.

How's that for a quality post, woot!?

morrise6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morrise6

What happened to the Vizio ??????

jbrief

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jbrief
morrise6 wrote:What happened to the Vizio ??????

I was wondering the same thing. Was going to buy that 50" one. But 47" for $100 less might be nice too.

Anyone have any thoughts/experience w/ this actual model?

antidelldude

quality posts: 0 Private Messages antidelldude
onefastwienerdog wrote:Dang, How many junk TV's does LG make, I see refurb LG TV's all the time!!

Across ALL LG TV's, about 1-3 years old, a huge amount of them had defective power boards or control boards. So many so that the parts were often back-ordered at times causing LG to replace the entire TV. Also, I bet that a lot of them failed within the return period as well adding to all of this. THAT is why there are so many refurbs.

maine14

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maine14
antidelldude wrote:Across ALL LG TV's, about 1-3 years old, a huge amount of them had defective power boards or control boards. So many so that the parts were often back-ordered at times causing LG to replace the entire TV. Also, I bet that a lot of them failed within the return period as well adding to all of this. THAT is why there are so many refurbs.

So does that mean the refurbs have had these issues worked out and are generally okay, or does it seem like there are issues with the devices in general even past refurbishing them?

jacobrd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jacobrd
onefastwienerdog wrote:Dang, How many junk TV's does LG make, I see refurb LG TV's all the time!!

Have you looked at best buy online at 60" tvs and noticed how many Sharp and Samsung TVs for sale are refurbished? The count is the same if not higher than TVs they sell that aren't refurbished within that 60" search.

Just an observation such as your own.