WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Random Shirts Sold To You Specifically

It's simple. We've got a shirt site. You've got a torso that nobody wants to see naked. Together, we can make that torso vanish stylishly. Grab some shirts and random and see what you get! But hurry! We're gonna sell out at ANY SECOND!

TheStarsFan


quality posts: 2 Private Messages TheStarsFan

I've had pretty good success with the random printed shirts, but not so much with the random blanks. Couldn't even find a taker for the 2 fluorescent orange shirts and one powder puff baby blue shirt. If I can't even get 3 different colors in one order, I'm going to pass on that risk.

Narfcake


quality posts: 290 Private Messages Narfcake
TheStarsFan wrote:I've had pretty good success with the random printed shirts, but not so much with the random blanks. Couldn't even find a taker for the 2 fluorescent orange shirts and one powder puff baby blue shirt. If I can't even get 3 different colors in one order, I'm going to pass on that risk.


Seeing how this time they're Anvil blanks and not remaining AA stock from a year ago (or older), I would have to guess that they will be different colors.

Not that I'll be buying any ... but any shirt.woot regular knows why.

bladeofmist


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bladeofmist
Narfcake wrote:Seeing how this time they're Anvil blanks and not remaining AA stock from a year ago (or older), I would have to guess that they will be different colors.

Not that I'll be buying any ... but any shirt.woot regular knows why.




I have only purchased random shirts once, but what do you mean when you say any regular shirt.woot regular would know why you aren't buying any?

I had really great luck with my random shirts last time. I bought 3 sets this time. Though the last time they had random shirts, it was in a 3 pack... Anybody know if they still do 3 packs, or if now its only 2?

capguncowboy


quality posts: 15 Private Messages capguncowboy
bladeofmist wrote:I have only purchased random shirts once, but what do you mean when you say any regular shirt.woot regular would know why you aren't buying any?

I had really great luck with my random shirts last time. I bought 3 sets this time. Though the last time they had random shirts, it was in a 3 pack... Anybody know if they still do 3 packs, or if now its only 2?




Narf doesn't like the non-American Apparel blanks (and for all the right reasons).

Personally, I find that all of the blanks are lacking in quality. I'm tall and thin, and the shirts are short wasted and for someone much wider than myself. If they offered tall sizes, I'd probably buy more often.

chipgreen


quality posts: 197 Private Messages chipgreen

I've only purchased a hoodie since the changeover to Anvil and I feel dirty when I wear it.

MosquitoControl


quality posts: 16 Private Messages MosquitoControl
capguncowboy wrote:Narf doesn't like the non-American Apparel blanks (and for all the right reasons).

Personally, I find that all of the blanks are lacking in quality. I'm tall and thin, and the shirts are short wasted and for someone much wider than myself. If they offered tall sizes, I'd probably buy more often.



Given the way Dov Charney sexually harasses every employee he has, I'd rather wear anything but AA. The company is flat-out gross and I won't support them. I'm surprised people still do.

There are plenty of companies out there that make equally high quality non-sweatshop t-shirts without having the CEO constantly running around in his underwear asking female employees to do simulate sexual favors.

etm7


quality posts: 0 Private Messages etm7

I don't really follow much, but I always see comments complaining about the shift away from American Apparel. But I've never seen the explanation, its just a wink from a conversation from a year ago.

I get that the company pays good wages, makes some things in America. But I was always under the impression (and I can't find links right now), that the owner was pretty sleazy.

The section about sexual harassment lawsuits says they were dismissed or settled, but still.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Apparel

Maybe my stout frame just fits the Anvil's fine, I don't know.

Lowerone


quality posts: 8 Private Messages Lowerone

I guess I'm either not picky, or apathetic. My shirt checklist goes like this:

Does it cover me? Yep.
Have an interesting design that garners comments from complete strangers, when they see the epic shirtness I am wearing? Yep.

Ok, in for 3! (In this case two sets of two).

Sorry for not picking sides, I'm simple folk. What can I say?

klu93


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klu93

What if I don't want to spend money on something that I might not like, but am still curious as to what it is? Could I return it if I don't like it?

Narfcake


quality posts: 290 Private Messages Narfcake
chipgreen wrote:I've only purchased a hoodie since the changeover to Anvil and I feel dirty when I wear it.


The fleece hoodie blanks are manufactured by Gildan. The lightweight hoodie blank is manufactured by Alternative Apparel.

klu93 wrote:What if I don't want to spend money on something that I might not like, but am still curious as to what it is? Could I return it if I don't like it?


Hence, the term "random". Some have had great luck, some not so much. It could be anything from the back catalog, though mostly, they'll be shirts from within the past 6 months.

Woot has a zero return policy.

Narfcake


quality posts: 290 Private Messages Narfcake
capguncowboy wrote:Narf doesn't like the non-American Apparel blanks (and for all the right reasons). ...


For reference, see the following threads:
Time to Change Our Shirt: Shirt.Woot Now Using Anvil Blank Tee
American Apparel and Anvil: A comparison

To everyone - you'll find a wider range of randoms at the shirt.woot random sale. The long sleeves, v-neck tees, unisex tank tops, and tri-blend tank tops use American Apparel blanks. The pullover and zip-up hoodies are Gildan blanks. The lightweight zip-up hoodie is an Alternative Apparel blank.

Jesterfx


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Jesterfx

I like the idea of surprises but when it comes to something I will wear, I like to have some say lol. Besides, I check the shirt site daily and any that I actually like, I buy. So "getting lucky" with random would just mean a double of one I like. Any others would be shirts I already passed on...even if cheaper.

teevee


quality posts: 2 Private Messages teevee

"We've got to get you interested in shirt.woot somehow"

I think the graphic tee target audience is just too limited. Style-wise, it's pretty unfashionable to wear graphic tees past around 25. Short of selling shirts other than tees (which would just mean reselling a la the other woot pages) I suppose the solution is to attract more college kids to the site. Quick, make jokes about boobs!

thumperchick


quality posts: 247 Private Messages thumperchick
teevee wrote:Style-wise, it's pretty unfashionable to wear graphic tees past around 25.



Speak for yourself. (Though, to be fair, I wasn't a t-shirt kind of girl before woot, and now that they switched, I'm not much of a tshirt buyer anymore.) Back on point - "style wise" is silly. If you enjoy wearing it and it fits, wear it. If you look creepy, reconsider.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 589 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

teevee wrote:"We've got to get you interested in shirt.woot somehow"

I think the graphic tee target audience is just too limited. Style-wise, it's pretty unfashionable to wear graphic tees past around 25. Short of selling shirts other than tees (which would just mean reselling a la the other woot pages) I suppose the solution is to attract more college kids to the site. Quick, make jokes about boobs!


Good thing I don't care about being stylish. Way over 25 and still wearing graphic tees.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

etm7 wrote:I don't really follow much, but I always see comments complaining about the shift away from American Apparel. But I've never seen the explanation, its just a wink from a conversation from a year ago.

I get that the company pays good wages, makes some things in America. But I was always under the impression (and I can't find links right now), that the owner was pretty sleazy.

The section about sexual harassment lawsuits says they were dismissed or settled, but still.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Apparel

Maybe my stout frame just fits the Anvil's fine, I don't know.



he's a vile, disgusting man.


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

TheStarsFan


quality posts: 2 Private Messages TheStarsFan

Just to clarify, my problem is with the blanks. Since I have a son and daughter who wear the same size, I buy the 3 packs of PRINTED shirts because the odds are good that there will be a taker (with a few exceptions).

The only time I got blanks, I got 2 of a horrible orange color, and 1 ugly baby blue. Neither of my kids wanted anything to do with any of them. The problem is worse when you don't even get 3 different colors.

Lowerone


quality posts: 8 Private Messages Lowerone
TheStarsFan wrote:Just to clarify, my problem is with the blanks. Since I have a son and daughter who wear the same size, I buy the 3 packs of PRINTED shirts because the odds are good that there will be a taker (with a few exceptions).

The only time I got blanks, I got 2 of a horrible orange color, and 1 ugly baby blue. Neither of my kids wanted anything to do with any of them. The problem is worse when you don't even get 3 different colors.




Apply black marker to orange shirt in jack-0-latern pattern, and BLAM! Insta-halloween costume. Like-wsie for the trendier child, cut a mouth sized hole in shirt. Insert lips through hole - instant The Annoying Orange costume.

Yeah, OK orange is only good a day a year. I see your point.

mossygreen


quality posts: 72 Private Messages mossygreen
MosquitoControl wrote:Given the way Dov Charney sexually harasses every employee he has, I'd rather wear anything but AA. The company is flat-out gross and I won't support them. I'm surprised people still do.



Oh, I'm pretty sure it's only the hot ones. Problem solved!

javabee


quality posts: 1 Private Messages javabee

I stopped buying woot shirts when they switched the main brand. I am a tall (5'11) female and the previous brand fit me perfectly and I always knew what size to order. After they switched over, I ordered the same size and it was so huge and short on me I actually contacted customer service to make sure they didnt send me a kids or men size. When I let them know about the fact the shirt didnt fit me the correct way, I was told by the representative "we switched the brand of shirt and you should have know before you ordered because we posted about it on the shirt.woot page" I asked for a refund and was pretty much told 'tough luck' and the shirt then went to the Salvation Army.

I made the mistake of trying to order again, this time with a smaller size, still to no avail. Haven't bought a shirt.woot since. With a less quality shirt and $2.00 increase in price, I doubt I will again.

I hope they make a change back to the original one, I like the designs and would love to start ordering again.

pitamuffin


quality posts: 12 Private Messages pitamuffin
teevee wrote:
I think the graphic tee target audience is just too limited. Style-wise, it's pretty unfashionable to wear graphic tees past around 25. Short of selling shirts other than tees (which would just mean reselling a la the other woot pages) I suppose the solution is to attract more college kids to the site. Quick, make jokes about boobs!



Uh oh, I better start watching for the fashion police, because they must be coming after me! And my husband, and BIL, and many friends...

I really think you have miscalculated the target audience. We don't all switch to polyester at some set age.

somebody7


quality posts: 0 Private Messages somebody7

I wouldnt mind buying more random shirts if it didn't take 2 or 3 weeks to receive them. I like being surprised, but come on, it shouldn't take that long to get a shirt in the mail.

Polishemt


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Polishemt
somebody7 wrote:I wouldnt mind buying more random shirts if it didn't take 2 or 3 weeks to receive them. I like being surprised, but come on, it shouldn't take that long to get a shirt in the mail.



+1, I'm pretty upset about that as well....Not that w00t - azon would do anything about it

kmhowse


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmhowse

Last time I bought a "random" shirt I got a cool Halloween themed shirt. But I can only wear it once per year. Damn thing will last forever.

amyebeth


quality posts: 0 Private Messages amyebeth
Polishemt wrote:+1, I'm pretty upset about that as well....Not that w00t - azon would do anything about it



I wasn't happy about that either but went ahead and ordered 4 sets for my boyfriend and I to split [yay wearing the same size!].

I got the shipment confirmation last night and they are scheduled to be delivered tomorrow!!

Blade2000


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Blade2000

Why was my helpful comment deleted? Woot is getting more corporate and much less fun and edgy.

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 169 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

Blade2000 wrote:Why was my helpful comment deleted? Woot is getting more corporate and much less fun and edgy.



I just looked through the Deleted Posts log and I haven't come across any deleted posts of yours.