12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 3016 Private Messages lichme

lichme

quality posts: 3016 Private Messages lichme

Amazon has reviews from many ppl (4 stars)
Also received 4 Eggs

jbunstock8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbunstock8

I have one of these, I paid the full price for it when it came out and couldn't be happier with it. It did have an overheating issue when it first came out but that has been corrected.

bmrbill

quality posts: 138 Private Messages bmrbill

Mixed reviews at Best Buy.

redcrush

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redcrush

I also have one of these, the overheating issue was fixed with a software update that allows you to select a "battery saver" mode which slows down the processor. It is still very capable even at the slower speed which I believe is 1.1ghz instead of 1.2.

wilcononomous

quality posts: 20 Private Messages wilcononomous

I fail to see whiskey in the woot-lib write up... hey and I'm no longer on the list for Sunday.
hmmmm... wuts up with that Woot writers? ... I haz a sad.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3658 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Let's watch this very thorough review

joybus

quality posts: 5 Private Messages joybus

Rootable and compatible with CyanogenMOD right to the current release. Nice tablet.

fiosman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fiosman

Can the OS be upgraded to android 4.1 Jelly Bean?

masilver

quality posts: 3 Private Messages masilver
fiosman wrote:Can't he OS be upgraded to android 4.1 Jelly Bean?

According to the reviews on Amazon, once you setup the tablet, Jelly Bean will then download and upgrade the device.

MaxAwesome

quality posts: 9 Private Messages MaxAwesome

Unless 10.1" is a hard requirement, I'd say hold onto your bucks for the new Nexus 7 that's on it's way. It will have 1920x1200 resolution but on a 7" IPS display, so even more ppi, and it will not be gimped by the Tegra 3 CPU, which by all but Nvidia's benchmarks is a dog.

jespensc

quality posts: 24 Private Messages jespensc

Two questions:
- Will it charge from the USB connection? From the photos of specs/FCC data the charger input is 12v, which would imply this comes with an old-style barrel connector. (= extra item to carry)
- Is there any keyboard dock for this guy? A quick search only shows a dockable keyboard for the x86 sibling. An options or experimentation to share?
Thanks!

alextse

quality posts: 24 Private Messages alextse

FINALLY a good tablet deal on Woot!

sucker4crap

quality posts: 20 Private Messages sucker4crap
jespensc wrote:Two questions:
- Will it charge from the USB connection? From the photos of specs/FCC data the charger input is 12v, which would imply this comes with an old-style barrel connector. (= extra item to carry)
- Is there any keyboard dock for this guy? A quick search only shows a dockable keyboard for the x86 sibling. An options or experimentation to share?
Thanks!

]

I would really like to go for this, but yet another propitiatory charger, makes this a no go for me. This Amazon reviewer points out how the charger & port are a problem: "HOWEVER, a big CON of this tablet is its charger. The little plug that goes into the tablet can be easily broken. It is not a standard charger either. It is 18W. While a standard micro USB will fit (like you find on most other tablets/smartphones), those will barely charge the tablet. It can take a couple of days with the tablet off to charge it fully. You MUST have the charger it came with. Here's the kicker, not only is it easily broken, but it's difficult to replace and expensive to do so. ACER is the only company that makes the particular charger needed (even though many websites, including AMAZON say others are compatible--those only give you that trickle charge) and it costs $20, plus another $10 shipping. I've seen it on other websites, some with free shipping, but it's going to be a MINIMUM of $20 for this charger that breaks. I broke my first charger within 2 weeks. I thought it was my fault, but when I got another, even with gentle use of just plugging in at night, unplugging in the morning, it broke AGAIN after 3 months. Waiting for ACER to reply to my complaints and pleas for them to re-engineer the charger. "

Amazon Review
http://www.amazon.com/Acer-ICONIA-A700-10s32u-10-1-Inch-Tablet/product-reviews/B0083PR7NC/ref=cm_cr_pr_btm_link_next_2?ie=UTF8&pageNumber=2&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

alextse

quality posts: 24 Private Messages alextse

I checked about a half dozen reviews and they caused me to skip this buy. Basically the biggest problem is that the Tegra 3 processor is clocked at 1.3 Ghz and just can't keep up with the HD display. The Asus TF700 also has some issues and that Tegra 3 is clocked at 1.6 Ghz.

Looks like I'm still waiting on a good deal on a 32 GB TF300 with dock (hint hint).

masilver

quality posts: 3 Private Messages masilver
alextse wrote:I checked about a half dozen reviews and they caused me to skip this buy. Basically the biggest problem is that the Tegra 3 processor is clocked at 1.3 Ghz and just can't keep up with the HD display. The Asus TF700 also has some issues and that Tegra 3 is clocked at 1.6 Ghz.

Keep in mind, the Jelly Bean upgrade made significant improvements in speed and optimizations. Even my parent's dog slow Toshiba found new life with Jelly Bean.

I don't know how significant the improvements were with this tablet, but some of the reviews state improvements to speed, heat issues and touch sensitivity with Jelly Bean.

Possibly, the reviews you read may have been pre-Jelly Bean.

scotttampa

quality posts: 5 Private Messages scotttampa

dickrourke

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dickrourke

This was my first (learning) shot at advanced Android, and I found it wonderful for the price at the time. I'd upgraded it easily when JB became available, and I can also 'second' the video review above in every particular.

Not mentioned, however, is that this ICONIA weighs slightly more than those of its eara; still it has rear camera, card memory, and USB - essentials, not quibbles. I regard this offer as a bargain yet if one wants a 10" tablet.

JiggaWagga

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JiggaWagga
wilcononomous wrote:I fail to see whiskey in the woot-lib write up... hey and I'm no longer on the list for Sunday.

You're not alone, they dropped mine out of the lib as well.

surveyah

quality posts: 1 Private Messages surveyah

No GPS - NO DEAL! I bought an Asus Transformer Infinity on Woot not long ago and couldn't be happier with it

[MOD: We've confirmed that it does have GPS. Specs have been updated.]

gak0090

quality posts: 78 Private Messages gak0090

This is a new tablet, 1920x1200 resolution, 10.1" for $250. This is the best deal that woot has had in a long time. The tablet rates 4/5 on amazon reviews...this is a no brainer. I bought my kids the Acer A500 with the old Tegra 2 and those things are still going strong- this Tegra 3 quad core will be fine. Acer builds solid tablets and they push updates out. Sweet deal!

gak0090

surveyah wrote:No GPS - NO DEAL! I bought an Asus Transformer Infinity on Woot not long ago and couldn't be happier with it

Who uses a GPS on a tablet? I could understand a phone, and mounting it on you dash- but I'm not quite sure how you would use the 10.1" tablet GPS. Are you using this in some other way, or for some other function?

bclinton1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bclinton1

Ok, I bit. I currently have the Amazon fire HD 7 inch. It is ok but I prefer the larger screen. Also, the interface is locked with it and I am unable to load alternatives. No support for google apps either....

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

wilcononomous wrote:I fail to see whiskey in the woot-lib write up... hey and I'm no longer on the list for Sunday.
JiggaWagga wrote:You're not alone, they dropped mine out of the lib as well.

Please accept my apologies on their behalf. I'm sure it was just human error.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

rachael

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rachael
surveyah wrote:No GPS - NO DEAL! I bought an Asus Transformer Infinity on Woot not long ago and couldn't be happier with it

This tablet has GPS, why would you think otherwise.

dasreboot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dasreboot
gak0090 wrote:Who uses a GPS on a tablet? I could understand a phone, and mounting it on you dash- but I'm not quite sure how you would use the 10.1" tablet GPS. Are you using this in some other way, or for some other function?

I use them for chart plotters in my boat. gps is neccesary.

daninboulder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daninboulder
jespensc wrote:Two questions:
Thanks!

mine uses a proprietary charger, and I was able to get a spare pretty cheap off eBay

gak0090

rachael wrote:This tablet has GPS, why would you think otherwise.

Because it's not even listed on Acer's site http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model-datasheet/HT.H9ZAA.007. I finally found it on GSM arena specs:

http://www.gsmarena.com/acer_iconia_tab_a700-4425.php

[MOD: We've confirmed that it does have GPS. Specs have been updated.]

gak0090

dasreboot wrote:I use them for chart plotters in my boat. gps is neccesary.

Just curious, thanks. This does have GPS. For some reason it's not in the specs and I could not find it on Acer's site, but I found it in GSM arena http://www.gsmarena.com/acer_iconia_tab_a700-4425.php.

Also if you browse the Amazon comments for this tablet, you will see references to the GPS.

sjlee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sjlee
bmrbill wrote:Mixed reviews at Best Buy.

Mixed? There are a whopping three reviews for it over there... two 5 star and 1 two star.

2-time Random Crap purchaser

jdupree

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jdupree

I've got a Galaxy Tab 2 10" from a few Christmases ago. I'm pretty pleased with it, but after getting a nexus 4 phone with the 2gb ram I can no longer in good conscience buy another android device with less than 2gb ram. Typical android installs on 1gb devices leave you with 150-300mb of unused ram. I love looking at my nexus 4 and seeing between 1.2-1.3GB of free ram. If your hard up for a cheap tablet this does seem like a good deal, but I'd probably wait for a more powerful device.

scotttampa

sjlee wrote:Mixed? There are a whopping three reviews for it over there... two 5 star and 1 two star.

Lol I think same thing everytime I see quote...

gak0090

sjlee wrote:Mixed? There are a whopping three reviews for it over there... two 5 star and 1 two star.

Amazon has 118 reviews that average 4/5. If you sort the latest reviews first you will see they are primarily 4 and 5 star. This is how you want to sort since it is more realistic to how the tablet functions now after the updates since it's release. If you buy this tablet- make sure you do all the updates 1st thing.

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-ICONIA-A700-10s32u-10-1-Inch-Tablet/product-reviews/B0083PR7NC/ref=cm_cr_pr_top_recent?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

dernst_ca1

quality posts: 38 Private Messages dernst_ca1

Again my life is complete with a second day of fame on the woot main page.... Does this earn me the writers salary?

-JMHSRV

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

scotttampa

gak0090 wrote:Amazon has 118 reviews that average 4/5. If you sort the latest reviews first you will see they are primarily 4 and 5 star. This is how you want to sort since it is more realistic to how the tablet functions now after the updates since it's release. If you buy this tablet- make sure you do all the updates 1st thing.

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-ICONIA-A700-10s32u-10-1-Inch-Tablet/product-reviews/B0083PR7NC/ref=cm_cr_pr_top_recent?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

He is referring to the woot staff saying mixed reviews over at best buy... have you read them?? VERY good point though, as jellybean took care of the main issue of hd not being handled by processor...

scotttampa

jdupree wrote:I've got a Galaxy Tab 2 10" from a few Christmases ago. I'm pretty pleased with it, but after getting a nexus 4 phone with the 2gb ram I can no longer in good conscience buy another android device with less than 2gb ram. Typical android installs on 1gb devices leave you with 150-300mb of unused ram. I love looking at my nexus 4 and seeing between 1.2-1.3GB of free ram. If your hard up for a cheap tablet this does seem like a good deal, but I'd probably wait for a more powerful device.

Agree... I got the 2gb samsung note 10.1... it is, however, a quad core too, and that makes a big difference... since this is also a quad, ive read the reviews and it is very fast... the quad core alone is worth the 250 in my opinion, as I will never buy less than quad again. For 250.00 quad and an 18.00 accidental damage to fall back on in times of despiration lol im pullin the trigger!

sonomawilliam

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sonomawilliam
alextse wrote:FINALLY a good tablet deal on Woot!

why not just buy a new Google Nexus...

scotttampa

For those gotta have it now people, I just checked out, and OVERNIGHT SHIPPING was offered for only 7 bucks extra!! (12.00 instead of 5.00) Not bad if this is only item ur getting! To get in couple days I threw an extra 7 spot that way!

scotttampa

sonomawilliam wrote:why not just buy a new Google Nexus...

Not even goin there! SURE, a dual core instead of quad for DOUBLE the price? There is the answer to your silly question!